It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 28-05-21, 11:12 AM   #26121
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

So long as he is their manager they will never be "back". I've said it since day one and I stand by it.

He perfectly treads the balance between being so shit they sack him and actually being good enough to win trophies and piss us all off/worry us.

They have improved, but they're still a long way off being regular contenders. They'd have been a distant third had we not had such disastrous fortunes this season for example.

That redcafe post is funny because it's so clear they want him to be the right man for the job. He's one of them. They're trying so hard to convince themselves, but deep down they know he's well below the level they need to close the gap.

Not subbing Henderson on (great record of saving pens) and leaving De Gea on (hasn't saved one since 2016), was the perfect example of this.

I still can't believe he got the job permanently, and the thought of him still being there and potentially getting a new contract is pretty hilarious
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 11:42 AM   #26122
Montana
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
So long as he is their manager they will never be "back". I've said it since day one and I stand by it.

He perfectly treads the balance between being so shit they sack him and actually being good enough to win trophies and piss us all off/worry us.

They have improved, but they're still a long way off being regular contenders. They'd have been a distant third had we not had such disastrous fortunes this season for example.

That redcafe post is funny because it's so clear they want him to be the right man for the job. He's one of them. They're trying so hard to convince themselves, but deep down they know he's well below the level they need to close the gap.

Not subbing Henderson on (great record of saving pens) and leaving De Gea on (hasn't saved one since 2016), was the perfect example of this.

I still can't believe he got the job permanently, and the thought of him still being there and potentially getting a new contract is pretty hilarious
This
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 11:48 AM   #26123
Jas
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

I think we might have seen another Kepa moment if Ole had tried to take DeGea off.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 11:53 AM   #26124
Montana
Dalglish

Long may their decline / drought continue. The malaise has really set in now and it's great they can't see it.

They are going the same way as Arsenal who have now gone SEVENTEEN years without the title.

United won't win the title in the next 2 years (it'll be between LFC / City / Chelsea) and then will have to rebuild again which will put them back another 4 years at least if they get the next managerial decision wrong too.

Doesn't matter how big the club is or how much money they have. They've always had that but still suffered 2 massive droughts before of 42 years and 26 years, prior to landing Busby and Ferguson.

The bigger the club, the more the pressure the longer the drought goes on. We can testify to that.
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 01:30 PM   #26125
Tribute
Shankly

Brilliant he's been given a three year contract, he isn't going to pull up trees with that squad anytime soon.

He failed miserably at Cardiff and that was his level of management.

He'll be given bucket loads of cash for transfers this summer, but I can't see them being much better next season. Cavani hit a purple patch in the last few games but he's not going to last the course of a full season. If they get Sancho or Haaland, chances are they'll get fucked off with the style of play.

He's definitely there to placate the fans and not be disruptive or too demanding of the owners. Other managers would be tearing the owners a new one by now.

My only worry in all this is our succession plan for post-Klopp and hoping we can stay well ahead of these cunts for years to come.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 01:33 PM   #26126
red g
Paisley

United will continue to be flat track bullies with Ole gunnar lose in charge. Will always be out thought when it comes to the big games and occasions.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 09:46 PM   #26127
vlahka
Still sulking...

Some of the stuff going through the group chat I have with local UTD friends are fairly entertaining

vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-21, 12:09 PM   #26128
McDermotX
Paisley

Old 05-06-21, 07:39 PM   #26129
Irishnev
Shankly

This guy supposed to be reliable for BvB

Last edited by Irishnev; 05-06-21 at 07:42 PM.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 07:46 PM   #26130
S-RED
Dalglish

but, but the glazers ??? what have they ever done for us !!!
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 08:10 PM   #26131
Scratch
If you fail once....

New strategy...protest about the Glazers so they sign big names to appease the fans. Rinse and repeat when required.
Old 06-06-21, 04:08 AM   #26132
Mr Pink
Benitez

Id love if they signed him now for big big money... and then he snapped both his legs at the euros... and due to medical complications, had to have them amputated..
Old 06-06-21, 04:36 AM   #26133
baitman
Daddy day care

And bit the stretcher bearers

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 05:32 AM   #26134
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Id love if they signed him now for big big money... and then he snapped both his legs at the euros... and due to medical complications, had to have them amputated..

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Wouldn't it be better if he did a Hamez and decide to be a woman instead
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-21, 12:22 AM   #26135
Catrin
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Wouldn't it be better if he did a Hamez and decide to be a woman instead
Hopefully Im not the only one who doesnt find that funny.
Old 13-06-21, 12:38 AM   #26136
ChesterDave
Paisley

I read it as a way for the transfer fee to be wasted on a player without them suffering a serious injury rather than criticism/mockery of people who wish to change gender. Tone can obviously be lost online but I would like to think there was no malice intended and the lack of tone has made it sound much worse.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-21, 08:21 PM   #26137
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
I read it as a way for the transfer fee to be wasted on a player without them suffering a serious injury rather than criticism/mockery of people who wish to change gender. Tone can obviously be lost online but I would like to think there was no malice intended and the lack of tone has made it sound much worse.

No offense intended
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football