It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 28-11-20, 01:01 PM   #881
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Heís due a rest though. As soon as Hendo is match fit he will be rested.
Old 28-11-20, 02:19 PM   #882
Exiled_red
Paisley

Half time, I'd be looking to make a change or two here.
Old 28-11-20, 02:22 PM   #883
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Specifically Gini? Take him off twice ?
Old 28-11-20, 02:28 PM   #884
Exiled_red
Paisley

wrong thread
Old 28-11-20, 02:29 PM   #885
Exiled_red
Paisley

Really disappointing if he doesn't sign a new contract, looking at how many games everyone else misses through injury Wijnaldum leaving would be a big blow.
Old 28-11-20, 04:01 PM   #886
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Thought he was brilliant today, in an incredibly arduous and grim game. We're really going to miss him.
Old 28-11-20, 05:39 PM   #887
BootRoom
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Really disappointing if he doesn't sign a new contract, looking at how many games everyone else misses through injury Wijnaldum leaving would be a big blow.
It will be up to Klopp to replace him with players that can string games together, unlike perennial sicknotes such as Keita, Shaq and Oxo.
BootRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 03:38 AM   #888
SB
Paisley

I wonder if he’ll reconsider wanting to go to Barca based on their current shittiness? Sitting 7th on the table & getting beaten by dross regularly
Old 06-12-20, 10:27 AM   #889
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
I wonder if he’ll reconsider wanting to go to Barca based on their current shittiness? Sitting 7th on the table & getting beaten by dross regularly
If Barca carry on with their current form much longer Koeman probably won't be in charge by the summer, which might make Wijnaldum reconsider going there, but I don't think he just wants to leave to go to Barca, I think the issue is bigger than that, so I don't think that the Barca situation changes anything other than potentially the final destination.
Old 06-12-20, 12:23 PM   #890
SB
Paisley

Yeah I get it that he wants the freedom to get forward & score goals like he does for the national team but I don’t think he’ll get that assurance from too many coaches tbh. Not top teams pushing for titles anyway.
Old 06-12-20, 12:57 PM   #891
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
If Barca carry on with their current form much longer Koeman probably won't be in charge by the summer, which might make Wijnaldum reconsider going there, but I don't think he just wants to leave to go to Barca, I think the issue is bigger than that, so I don't think that the Barca situation changes anything other than potentially the final destination.
As soon as the election for club president is done, so is Koeman, imo.
Old 06-12-20, 10:08 PM   #892
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Need to hold on to this guy, he's world class.
Old 06-12-20, 10:09 PM   #893
red g
Paisley

Koeman will probably be out of a job by January so hopeful the new man has is own ideas.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:09 PM   #894
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Need to hold on to this guy, he's world class.
Aye.
Old 06-12-20, 10:20 PM   #895
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Top, top class. Heís a vital cog and covers so much ground.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:31 PM   #896
Fivex
The Wisp

Got asked about his contract post match, seems like he wants to stay tbf - swerved the question directly but did say itís up to the club...
Old 06-12-20, 10:34 PM   #897
Exiled_red
Paisley

He's so under rated, we really need to be getting him to sign a new contract, he'll be a massive loss if he goes.
Old 06-12-20, 10:35 PM   #898
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

He’s very humble and likeable.
Old 06-12-20, 10:42 PM   #899
Pepe79
Shankly

One of the leaders in the squad. Plays every minute. Deserves to be among the top earners. Give him what he wants to make him stay.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 11:16 PM   #900
baitman
Daddy day care

Great move by Hendo passing him the armband, will make him really consider how proud he is playing for us and how trusted he is in the squad.

I bet klopp has had this planned

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 11:18 PM   #901
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Echo everything here, a world class, complete footballer, and a great character to have around too. He'll be a colossal miss, I can't believe the club, who get nearly everything right these days, have allowed this to happen. Hopefully there's still time to rescue it. I love him.
Old 06-12-20, 11:24 PM   #902
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Echo everything here, a world class, complete footballer, and a great character to have around too. He'll be a colossal miss, I can't believe the club, who get nearly everything right these days, have allowed this to happen. Hopefully there's still time to rescue it. I love him.
I was thinking the same thing, the stats guys, or moneyball guys whatever you want to call them must appreciate what he offers to the side and they seem to get things right on the signings front, so it seems odd that it has got to this stage.
Old 06-12-20, 11:38 PM   #903
McDermotX
Paisley

Kevin Doyle talks a lot of shit, especially when a TV camera is put on him, but he does talk some sense when referencing the Gini situation tonight with regard to footballers in the autumn of their careers.
If you're being offered a 1yr, maybe 2yr, deal by a club and you've an agent saying he can get a 3yr, maybe 4, and in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc.......it does present a dilemma.
When your long career could be ended in one moment, that security could be at the forefront our your thinking, and its not like he'd be securing higher wages at some no-hopers.......it would be at another top club in potentially more attractive living conditions etc

All I know for certain is that losing him would leave a massive hole in the squad, one which would take some transfer dexterity to fill. I'm not saying give everybody whatever they want, but all too often, things aren't as simple as they appear.
Old 07-12-20, 12:12 AM   #904
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
If you're being offered a 1yr, maybe 2yr, deal by a club and you've an agent saying he can get a 3yr, maybe 4, and in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc.......it does present a dilemma.
When your long career could be ended in one moment, that security could be at the forefront our your thinking
You think players like Wijnaldum will be destitute if they don't earn another penny from today?

He could give all his money away today, play for one year and still walk away with more money than 1 of us will earn in a lifetime.

So unless he has 20 children, or he is responsible for his entire extended family's income, I call bollocks.
Old 07-12-20, 12:26 AM   #905
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Kevin Doyle talks a lot of shit, especially when a TV camera is put on him, but he does talk some sense when referencing the Gini situation tonight with regard to footballers in the autumn of their careers.
When your long career could be ended in one moment, that security could be at the forefront our your thinking, and its not like he'd be securing higher wages at some no-hopers.......it would be at another top club in potentially more attractive living conditions etc

All I know for certain is that losing him would leave a massive hole in the squad, one which would take some transfer dexterity to fill. I'm not saying give everybody whatever they want, but all too often, things aren't as simple as they appear.
It's a strange one, I don't think it can just be about money or even money as a long term security thing for his family. It seems we've been in negotiations for about 18 months he's supposedly on ~£75k and we were reportedly willing to double his wages and give him a 3 year contract. If he had signed an new contract back at the start of these negotiations he would have earned an ~£7.5m by the time that his current contract expires which would be equivalent to what he would get in an extra year on his contract at £150k a week. So financially holding out (unless he wants a *much* bigger payrise or a massive signing on fee somewhere) doesn't really make sense, I think that there have to be other reasons in there for me.
Old 07-12-20, 12:26 AM   #906
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
You think players like Wijnaldum will be destitute if they don't earn another penny from today?

He could give all his money away today, play for one year and still walk away with more money than 1 of us will earn in a lifetime.

So unless he has 20 children, or he is responsible for his entire extended family's income, I call bollocks.
Don't recall saying anything about potentially being destitute.

Sure if thats the case then surely we can just put all our lads on half they money they're on now ? Sure they've more than made enough money by now.

Or perhaps we're not privy to the financial/family/business dealings of strangers, essentially.
Old 07-12-20, 12:28 AM   #907
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:

You could say the same of the club. Liverpool are not exactly going to fold if we offer Gini a 3 or 4 year contract.
Old 07-12-20, 12:31 AM   #908
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
It's a strange one, I don't think it can just be about money or even money as a long term security thing for his family. It seems we've been in negotiations for about 18 months he's supposedly on ~£75k and we were reportedly willing to double his wages and give him a 3 year contract. If he had signed an new contract back at the start of these negotiations he would have earned an ~£7.5m by the time that his current contract expires which would be equivalent to what he would get in an extra year on his contract at £150k a week. So financially holding out (unless he wants a *much* bigger payrise or a massive signing on fee somewhere) doesn't really make sense, I think that there have to be other reasons in there for me.
Oh....I'd not say its the one and only reason. Perhaps he feels he's been here too long, perhaps he wouldn't mind moving somewhere with a better climate etc.....Could be the missus wanting the family to grow up elsewhere for all I know. Could be football reasons as well.

Money is obviously a factor, but not always the primary one.......but the cold hard reality is that out of contract, Gini can command far more than we are offering in wages and signing on fees. That's the only thing that's certain.

Personally, I hope he stays as there is a need for his level of quality and experience in the years ahead, but I think we've all learned by now not to become overly attached to these guys.
Old 07-12-20, 12:38 AM   #909
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Don't recall saying anything about potentially being destitute.

Sure if thats the case then surely we can just put all our lads on half they money they're on now ? Sure they've more than made enough money by now.

Or perhaps we're not privy to the financial/family/business dealings of strangers, essentially.
I'm saying that in response to your comment about 'securing his family's future'. They're beyond secure right now.
Old 07-12-20, 01:01 AM   #910
McDermotX
Paisley

I honestly have no idea, and I wouldn't pretend to know the ins and outs of the man's situation......what I said was, Kevin Doyle, as an ex-pro, among other players around the 30+ mark I'm sure, said that around that point in your career, when negotiating between contracts, in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc........and if you are, then the prospect of a more secure, better wage-paying contract becomes an option.

Until Gini gets on-screen with the properly-kept minutes of his agent and club contract neogotiations, and the last 5 years accounts of his household, not to mention his business portfolio.......I'd just keep a more general opinion.

Perhaps he just wants to play out his remaining top-flight years in Spain.

Last edited by McDermotX; 07-12-20 at 01:04 AM.
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 01:29 AM   #911
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
I honestly have no idea, and I wouldn't pretend to know the ins and outs of the man's situation......what I said was, Kevin Doyle, as an ex-pro, among other players around the 30+ mark I'm sure, said that around that point in your career, when negotiating between contracts, in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc........and if you are, then the prospect of a more secure, better wage-paying contract becomes an option.

Until Gini gets on-screen with the properly-kept minutes of his agent and club contract neogotiations, and the last 5 years accounts of his household, not to mention his business portfolio.......I'd just keep a more general opinion.

Perhaps he just wants to play out his remaining top-flight years in Spain.
Kevin Doyle, megabucks earner with Wexford F.C., St Patrick's Athletic, Cork City and Reading. I can understand that viewpoint because he wouldn't have been paid much more than a bank manager.
Old 07-12-20, 02:11 AM   #912
Fivex
The Wisp

He would have been on a million a season at Reading, absolute minimum.
Old 07-12-20, 02:15 AM   #913
Fivex
The Wisp

And anyway, securing your familyís future doesnít necessarily mean by way of renumeration. Rumours with Gini have always been over contract length afaik..
Old 07-12-20, 07:03 AM   #914
danperkins

Quote:
Kevin Doyle, megabucks earner with Wexford F.C., St Patrick's Athletic, Cork City and Reading. I can understand that viewpoint because he wouldn't have been paid much more than a bank manager.
Multi millionaire
Old 07-12-20, 07:11 AM   #915
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Multi millionaire
Since he played for Reading?
Old 07-12-20, 07:36 AM   #916
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Someone claimed Son's goal was better than Wijnaldum's today. I disagreed.
Old 07-12-20, 09:02 AM   #917
RichC
Meh

Quote:
He was on $1m per year for the Colorado Rapids.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 09:51 AM   #918
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

It would be a travesty if he was let go on a free. Can’t see it happening.
Old 07-12-20, 10:15 AM   #919
danperkins

Quote:
He was on 40 grand a week at Wolves and think he signed for 6 or 7 million and is earning his mint in the states. Even the shite footballers can earn a fortune.

Last edited by danperkins; 07-12-20 at 10:18 AM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 10:24 AM   #920
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He doesn't seem completely happy with something that's gone on at the club for some reason. Do you think this is a bit of a Alonso/Barry situation? Possibly he wasn't happy with Thiago coming in and taking his place?

Either way he's not letting it affect him one bit, he's been incredible all season. Such a classy footballer. We absolutely have to do all we can to get him to sign!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC