It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-20, 01:01 PM   #881
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33,946
Heís due a rest though. As soon as Hendo is match fit he will be rested.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 02:19 PM   #882
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,981
Half time, I'd be looking to make a change or two here.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 02:22 PM   #883
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 52,753
Specifically Gini? Take him off twice ?
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 02:28 PM   #884
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,981
wrong thread
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 02:29 PM   #885
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,981
Really disappointing if he doesn't sign a new contract, looking at how many games everyone else misses through injury Wijnaldum leaving would be a big blow.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 04:01 PM   #886
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131,583
Thought he was brilliant today, in an incredibly arduous and grim game. We're really going to miss him.
__________________
That were absolute diabolical
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 05:39 PM   #887
BootRoom
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Really disappointing if he doesn't sign a new contract, looking at how many games everyone else misses through injury Wijnaldum leaving would be a big blow.
It will be up to Klopp to replace him with players that can string games together, unlike perennial sicknotes such as Keita, Shaq and Oxo.
BootRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 03:38 AM   #888
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,017
I wonder if he’ll reconsider wanting to go to Barca based on their current shittiness? Sitting 7th on the table & getting beaten by dross regularly
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:27 AM   #889
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
I wonder if he’ll reconsider wanting to go to Barca based on their current shittiness? Sitting 7th on the table & getting beaten by dross regularly
If Barca carry on with their current form much longer Koeman probably won't be in charge by the summer, which might make Wijnaldum reconsider going there, but I don't think he just wants to leave to go to Barca, I think the issue is bigger than that, so I don't think that the Barca situation changes anything other than potentially the final destination.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 12:23 PM   #890
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,017
Yeah I get it that he wants the freedom to get forward & score goals like he does for the national team but I don’t think he’ll get that assurance from too many coaches tbh. Not top teams pushing for titles anyway.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 12:57 PM   #891
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
If Barca carry on with their current form much longer Koeman probably won't be in charge by the summer, which might make Wijnaldum reconsider going there, but I don't think he just wants to leave to go to Barca, I think the issue is bigger than that, so I don't think that the Barca situation changes anything other than potentially the final destination.
As soon as the election for club president is done, so is Koeman, imo.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:08 PM   #892
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 37,971
Need to hold on to this guy, he's world class.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:09 PM   #893
red g
Paisley
 
red g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26,813
Koeman will probably be out of a job by January so hopeful the new man has is own ideas.
__________________
_____________________________________

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:09 PM   #894
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 30,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Need to hold on to this guy, he's world class.
Aye.
__________________
3rd place. Worst champions ever.
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:20 PM   #895
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 32,592
Top, top class. Heís a vital cog and covers so much ground.
__________________
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:31 PM   #896
Fivex
The Wisp
 
Fivex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 21,057
Got asked about his contract post match, seems like he wants to stay tbf - swerved the question directly but did say itís up to the club...
__________________
Hello mert.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:34 PM   #897
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,981
He's so under rated, we really need to be getting him to sign a new contract, he'll be a massive loss if he goes.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:35 PM   #898
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 30,432
He’s very humble and likeable.
__________________
3rd place. Worst champions ever.
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:42 PM   #899
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,642
One of the leaders in the squad. Plays every minute. Deserves to be among the top earners. Give him what he wants to make him stay.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 11:16 PM   #900
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22,608
Great move by Hendo passing him the armband, will make him really consider how proud he is playing for us and how trusted he is in the squad.

I bet klopp has had this planned
__________________
removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 11:18 PM   #901
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131,583
Echo everything here, a world class, complete footballer, and a great character to have around too. He'll be a colossal miss, I can't believe the club, who get nearly everything right these days, have allowed this to happen. Hopefully there's still time to rescue it. I love him.
__________________
That were absolute diabolical
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 11:24 PM   #902
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Echo everything here, a world class, complete footballer, and a great character to have around too. He'll be a colossal miss, I can't believe the club, who get nearly everything right these days, have allowed this to happen. Hopefully there's still time to rescue it. I love him.
I was thinking the same thing, the stats guys, or moneyball guys whatever you want to call them must appreciate what he offers to the side and they seem to get things right on the signings front, so it seems odd that it has got to this stage.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 11:38 PM   #903
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,604
Kevin Doyle talks a lot of shit, especially when a TV camera is put on him, but he does talk some sense when referencing the Gini situation tonight with regard to footballers in the autumn of their careers.
If you're being offered a 1yr, maybe 2yr, deal by a club and you've an agent saying he can get a 3yr, maybe 4, and in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc.......it does present a dilemma.
When your long career could be ended in one moment, that security could be at the forefront our your thinking, and its not like he'd be securing higher wages at some no-hopers.......it would be at another top club in potentially more attractive living conditions etc

All I know for certain is that losing him would leave a massive hole in the squad, one which would take some transfer dexterity to fill. I'm not saying give everybody whatever they want, but all too often, things aren't as simple as they appear.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:12 AM   #904
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels
 
HamboCairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
If you're being offered a 1yr, maybe 2yr, deal by a club and you've an agent saying he can get a 3yr, maybe 4, and in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc.......it does present a dilemma.
When your long career could be ended in one moment, that security could be at the forefront our your thinking
You think players like Wijnaldum will be destitute if they don't earn another penny from today?

He could give all his money away today, play for one year and still walk away with more money than 1 of us will earn in a lifetime.

So unless he has 20 children, or he is responsible for his entire extended family's income, I call bollocks.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
HamboCairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:26 AM   #905
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Kevin Doyle talks a lot of shit, especially when a TV camera is put on him, but he does talk some sense when referencing the Gini situation tonight with regard to footballers in the autumn of their careers.
If you're being offered a 1yr, maybe 2yr, deal by a club and you've an agent saying he can get a 3yr, maybe 4, and in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc.......it does present a dilemma.
When your long career could be ended in one moment, that security could be at the forefront our your thinking, and its not like he'd be securing higher wages at some no-hopers.......it would be at another top club in potentially more attractive living conditions etc

All I know for certain is that losing him would leave a massive hole in the squad, one which would take some transfer dexterity to fill. I'm not saying give everybody whatever they want, but all too often, things aren't as simple as they appear.
It's a strange one, I don't think it can just be about money or even money as a long term security thing for his family. It seems we've been in negotiations for about 18 months he's supposedly on ~£75k and we were reportedly willing to double his wages and give him a 3 year contract. If he had signed an new contract back at the start of these negotiations he would have earned an ~£7.5m by the time that his current contract expires which would be equivalent to what he would get in an extra year on his contract at £150k a week. So financially holding out (unless he wants a *much* bigger payrise or a massive signing on fee somewhere) doesn't really make sense, I think that there have to be other reasons in there for me.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:26 AM   #906
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
You think players like Wijnaldum will be destitute if they don't earn another penny from today?

He could give all his money away today, play for one year and still walk away with more money than 1 of us will earn in a lifetime.

So unless he has 20 children, or he is responsible for his entire extended family's income, I call bollocks.
Don't recall saying anything about potentially being destitute.


Sure if thats the case then surely we can just put all our lads on half they money they're on now ? Sure they've more than made enough money by now.

Or perhaps we're not privy to the financial/family/business dealings of strangers, essentially.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:28 AM   #907
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 45,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
You think players like Wijnaldum will be destitute if they don't earn another penny from today?

He could give all his money away today, play for one year and still walk away with more money than 1 of us will earn in a lifetime.

So unless he has 20 children, or he is responsible for his entire extended family's income, I call bollocks.
You could say the same of the club. Liverpool are not exactly going to fold if we offer Gini a 3 or 4 year contract.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:31 AM   #908
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
It's a strange one, I don't think it can just be about money or even money as a long term security thing for his family. It seems we've been in negotiations for about 18 months he's supposedly on ~£75k and we were reportedly willing to double his wages and give him a 3 year contract. If he had signed an new contract back at the start of these negotiations he would have earned an ~£7.5m by the time that his current contract expires which would be equivalent to what he would get in an extra year on his contract at £150k a week. So financially holding out (unless he wants a *much* bigger payrise or a massive signing on fee somewhere) doesn't really make sense, I think that there have to be other reasons in there for me.
Oh....I'd not say its the one and only reason. Perhaps he feels he's been here too long, perhaps he wouldn't mind moving somewhere with a better climate etc.....Could be the missus wanting the family to grow up elsewhere for all I know. Could be football reasons as well.

Money is obviously a factor, but not always the primary one.......but the cold hard reality is that out of contract, Gini can command far more than we are offering in wages and signing on fees. That's the only thing that's certain.

Personally, I hope he stays as there is a need for his level of quality and experience in the years ahead, but I think we've all learned by now not to become overly attached to these guys.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:38 AM   #909
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels
 
HamboCairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Don't recall saying anything about potentially being destitute.

Sure if thats the case then surely we can just put all our lads on half they money they're on now ? Sure they've more than made enough money by now.

Or perhaps we're not privy to the financial/family/business dealings of strangers, essentially.
I'm saying that in response to your comment about 'securing his family's future'. They're beyond secure right now.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
HamboCairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 01:01 AM   #910
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,604
I honestly have no idea, and I wouldn't pretend to know the ins and outs of the man's situation......what I said was, Kevin Doyle, as an ex-pro, among other players around the 30+ mark I'm sure, said that around that point in your career, when negotiating between contracts, in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc........and if you are, then the prospect of a more secure, better wage-paying contract becomes an option.

Until Gini gets on-screen with the properly-kept minutes of his agent and club contract neogotiations, and the last 5 years accounts of his household, not to mention his business portfolio.......I'd just keep a more general opinion.

Perhaps he just wants to play out his remaining top-flight years in Spain.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020

Last edited by McDermotX; 07-12-20 at 01:04 AM.
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 01:29 AM   #911
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels
 
HamboCairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
I honestly have no idea, and I wouldn't pretend to know the ins and outs of the man's situation......what I said was, Kevin Doyle, as an ex-pro, among other players around the 30+ mark I'm sure, said that around that point in your career, when negotiating between contracts, in the back of your mind is how you want to secure your family's future etc........and if you are, then the prospect of a more secure, better wage-paying contract becomes an option.

Until Gini gets on-screen with the properly-kept minutes of his agent and club contract neogotiations, and the last 5 years accounts of his household, not to mention his business portfolio.......I'd just keep a more general opinion.

Perhaps he just wants to play out his remaining top-flight years in Spain.
Kevin Doyle, megabucks earner with Wexford F.C., St Patrick's Athletic, Cork City and Reading. I can understand that viewpoint because he wouldn't have been paid much more than a bank manager.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
HamboCairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 02:11 AM   #912
Fivex
The Wisp
 
Fivex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 21,057
He would have been on a million a season at Reading, absolute minimum.
__________________
Hello mert.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 02:15 AM   #913
Fivex
The Wisp
 
Fivex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 21,057
And anyway, securing your familyís future doesnít necessarily mean by way of renumeration. Rumours with Gini have always been over contract length afaik..
__________________
Hello mert.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 07:03 AM   #914
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 37,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Kevin Doyle, megabucks earner with Wexford F.C., St Patrick's Athletic, Cork City and Reading. I can understand that viewpoint because he wouldn't have been paid much more than a bank manager.
Multi millionaire
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 07:11 AM   #915
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels
 
HamboCairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Multi millionaire
Since he played for Reading?
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
HamboCairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 07:36 AM   #916
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels
 
HamboCairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,234
Someone claimed Son's goal was better than Wijnaldum's today. I disagreed.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
HamboCairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 09:02 AM   #917
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Since he played for Reading?
He was on $1m per year for the Colorado Rapids.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 09:51 AM   #918
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!
 
kingfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,545
It would be a travesty if he was let go on a free. Can’t see it happening.
__________________
UCL Champions 2019
EPL Champions 2020
kingfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 10:15 AM   #919
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 37,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Since he played for Reading?
He was on 40 grand a week at Wolves and think he signed for 6 or 7 million and is earning his mint in the states. Even the shite footballers can earn a fortune.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.

Last edited by danperkins; 07-12-20 at 10:18 AM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 10:24 AM   #920
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite
 
Pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,113
He doesn't seem completely happy with something that's gone on at the club for some reason. Do you think this is a bit of a Alonso/Barry situation? Possibly he wasn't happy with Thiago coming in and taking his place?

Either way he's not letting it affect him one bit, he's been incredible all season. Such a classy footballer. We absolutely have to do all we can to get him to sign!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.