It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-21, 11:55 AM   #721
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
He definitely gets away with more average games than anyone else.

I’d like to see Ox given a run, and more than one game because he looks to make things happen and more importantly looks to take a shot on. It must be very frustrating to be watching am I creative midfield when you know you could contribute.

But he needs more than ten minutes and then being written off as shit.


Hardly. He was being criticised in here within a game or two of returning from a bad injury as well as having had covid.


As for Chamberlain, he has been with us for four seasons now and it is just the same cycle of being availabe for games one season followed by hardly availabe the next season over and over. Does not really matter how good he might be for us if he cannot be relied upon to be available. We already have a number of players that would potentially be excellent for us if they stayed fit for a sustained run of game, but what we need now is to start looking for players who are actually available to play more often than not when we need them rather than a bunch of great lads who might be really good if they could stay fit rather than having track records of season after season of missing games.

Chamberlain for me is in the same boat as the likes of Keita, albeit a bit older than Keita, as in he has lots of ability (and comes across as a really decent guy off the pitch too) but cannot be relied upon to be there if we have an injury crisis and cannot be relied upon to be fit enough to compete with the established players for a place.

He should be in that group of players that we would listen to offers for because if he was gone in the morning it is not as though we would miss him on the pitch, same as a number of others that have been at the club a number of years now.
__________________
Oh pale rider, you're in need of a hella talking to
Why don't you leave me be? I got things to do
Oh pale rider, the missus has it out for you
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 12:02 PM   #722
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Hardly. He was being criticised in here within a game or two of returning from a bad injury as well as having had covid.


As for Chamberlain, he has been with us for four seasons now and it is just the same cycle of being availabe for games one season followed by hardly availabe the next season over and over. Does not really matter how good he might be for us if he cannot be relied upon to be available. We already have a number of players that would potentially be excellent for us if they stayed fit for a sustained run of game, but what we need now is to start looking for players who are actually available to play more often than not when we need them rather than a bunch of great lads who might be really good if they could stay fit rather than having track records of season after season of missing games.

Chamberlain for me is in the same boat as the likes of Keita, albeit a bit older than Keita, as in he has lots of ability (and comes across as a really decent guy off the pitch too) but cannot be relied upon to be there if we have an injury crisis and cannot be relied upon to be fit enough to compete with the established players for a place.

He should be in that group of players that we would listen to offers for because if he was gone in the morning it is not as though we would miss him on the pitch, same as a number of others that have been at the club a number of years now.
I mean 'gets away with' in that he doesn't get dropped. And then he does get benched for the games that you kind of imagine he would be good in v Real!

I think that Hendo is the key, I don't think we have seen the Hendo/Fab/Thiago midfield all season.

I hope it works out for Ox, as he is such a good lad, and I can't imagine him getting a move to another club that is likely to win trophies in England.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 12:34 PM   #723
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I mean 'gets away with' in that he doesn't get dropped. And then he does get benched for the games that you kind of imagine he would be good in v Real!

I think that Hendo is the key, I don't think we have seen the Hendo/Fab/Thiago midfield all season.

I hope it works out for Ox, as he is such a good lad, and I can't imagine him getting a move to another club that is likely to win trophies in England.


So he does not get dropped other than the games he does get dropped for



Do agree about Henderson. A fully fit midifled comprising of Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho.

Funnily enough one of the guys, Valverde, who would be one of my dream Henderson replacement players was playing against us last night (and not to his usual standard thankfully).

Would love to have a player like Valverde as a back up option that is there to then become a regular in the short to mid term. Is a great allrounder who can slot into a number of positions, will work his arse off, can be snide but can be silky.

Think someone like Tonali would be one my shortlist now along with someone like Zakaria to be cover for Fab.

Would be quite happy to have Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho being covered by Tonali, Jones and Zakaria. Like the idea of having a robust trio of back ups that have a bit of size to them along with no shortage in ability plus all being young or youngish so would be there for the long haul.
__________________
Oh pale rider, you're in need of a hella talking to
Why don't you leave me be? I got things to do
Oh pale rider, the missus has it out for you
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 01:23 PM   #724
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
So he does not get dropped other than the games he does get dropped for



Do agree about Henderson. A fully fit midifled comprising of Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho.

Funnily enough one of the guys, Valverde, who would be one of my dream Henderson replacement players was playing against us last night (and not to his usual standard thankfully).

Would love to have a player like Valverde as a back up option that is there to then become a regular in the short to mid term. Is a great allrounder who can slot into a number of positions, will work his arse off, can be snide but can be silky.

Think someone like Tonali would be one my shortlist now along with someone like Zakaria to be cover for Fab.

Would be quite happy to have Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho being covered by Tonali, Jones and Zakaria. Like the idea of having a robust trio of back ups that have a bit of size to them along with no shortage in ability plus all being young or youngish so would be there for the long haul.
Exactly.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 05:33 AM   #725
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34,977
I'm not a huge fan of Thiago, I'd prefer someone like Harvey Barnes at Leicester or Bissouma at Brighton.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 10:45 AM   #726
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Thiago, I'd prefer someone like Harvey Barnes at Leicester or Bissouma at Brighton.

Isn't Barnes a winger/wideman and Bissouma a DM usually but when he plays as a CM is is closer in style to Wijnaldum?


Do you mean Maddison at Leicester and not Barnes maybe? Maddison would their more advanced midfielder usually.


To be fair to Leicester they do have some quality in the centre in Nddidi, Tielemans, and Maddison and in that order too for me.
__________________
Oh pale rider, you're in need of a hella talking to
Why don't you leave me be? I got things to do
Oh pale rider, the missus has it out for you
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 10:48 AM   #727
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34,977
Nah Barnes, he'd be the drive from midfield that we thought Ox used to bring. He's also has a decent shot on him.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 11:08 AM   #728
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Nah Barnes, he'd be the drive from midfield that we thought Ox used to bring. He's also has a decent shot on him.

Might as well play Jota or Mane there then if you want to play a winger where Thiago plays and save on the 50 or 60 million a wideman like Barnes would cost.
__________________
Oh pale rider, you're in need of a hella talking to
Why don't you leave me be? I got things to do
Oh pale rider, the missus has it out for you
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 07:17 PM   #729
Peter_Griffin
Houllier
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Might as well play Jota or Mane there then if you want to play a winger where Thiago plays and save on the 50 or 60 million a wideman like Barnes would cost.
Mbappe can play there
Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.