It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 21-10-20, 11:00 PM   #1
S-RED
Dalglish

Champs league 20/21- the other suckers matches

Ath Madrid got pumped 4-0
R Madrid got pumped 3-2

good start ;o)
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 21-10-20, 11:26 PM   #2
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Would be nice if Ajax and Atalanta was a draw or a win to Ajax.
Old 21-10-20, 11:31 PM   #3
S-RED
Dalglish

Agreed
Old 22-10-20, 10:28 PM   #4
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Europa instead of CL, but..

Old 22-10-20, 10:29 PM   #5
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

That was a brilliant goal!
Old 22-10-20, 10:49 PM   #6
labourRed
Shankly

Gerrard has Rangers punching in Europe for a while now, not that I've seen a single game.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-20, 12:19 AM   #7
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

Wow. That is outrageous. How did he even see the keepers position.

Like the keepers attempts at blaming a spot of cramp, Errrr.... 'you're the keeper mate'
Old 23-10-20, 09:36 AM   #8
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

Like the keepers attempts at blaming a spot of cramp, Errrr.... 'you're the keeper mate'
Yeah I was thinking that too.
Old 23-10-20, 06:45 PM   #9
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

Unbelievable goal. Gerrard said it was the best he'd ever seen 'live'.

To get such a clean connection with that amount of water underfoot was incredible.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 09:32 PM   #10
McDermotX
Paisley

PSG

Biggest bunch of bluffers in the game.
Old 04-05-21, 09:51 PM   #11
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
PSG

Biggest bunch of bluffers in the game.
They seem to be the Spurs of Europe

But obviously wanted them to win this one
Old 04-05-21, 10:00 PM   #12
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

WTF snow in May?
Old 04-05-21, 10:05 PM   #13
Irishnev
Shankly

It was depressing watching City because they reminded me of us at our best - Rock solid at the back and lethal on the break (second goal)

Dias was immense and they finally bought the right CB but it’s Foden who looks the most impressive - Pep really has handled him well. Sometimes your name is in it and it see,s to be like that for City

- Played Dortmund and Sancho misses both legs
- PSG knock out Bayern who had no Lewa, Gnabry or a host of others
- Mbappe misses the game vs them

I really hope they don’t win it but the year when squad depth and no crowd impact and felt the most is when those financial dopes will do it, their bench had like £450m worth of players on it.......ffs
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 10:06 PM   #14
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 10:57 PM   #15
Scratch
If you fail once....

In a compacted season like this, with games coming thick and fast, having 2 first 11s really has helped them immensely. Whereas other clubs have a drop in quality when players are tired or injured, Pep can just call on a £50m player of 8 to plug the holes.

Hopefully Chelsea overcome Real, cos I think they stand a better chance against City than Real do.
Old 04-05-21, 10:59 PM   #16
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
It was depressing watching City because they reminded me of us at our best - Rock solid at the back and lethal on the break (second goal)

Dias was immense and they finally bought the right CB but itís Foden who looks the most impressive - Pep really has handled him well. Sometimes your name is in it and it see,s to be like that for City

I really hope they donít win it but the year when squad depth and no crowd impact and felt the most is when those financial dopes will do it, their bench had like £450m worth of players on it.......ffs
Foden is sickeningly good. But yeah, stars have aligned for them. I've pretty much tapped out of football for the season so I doubt I'll even bother with the final.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:09 PM   #17
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
In a compacted season like this, with games coming thick and fast, having 2 first 11s really has helped them immensely. Whereas other clubs have a drop in quality when players are tired or injured, Pep can just call on a £50m player of 8 to plug the holes.

Hopefully Chelsea overcome Real, cos I think they stand a better chance against City than Real do.

If Real make the Final they will/should have more or less a full squad back fit by then.

That prick Ramos is back in full training as well so may well be him and Varane starting at CB against Chelsea.

One thing Real have over Chelsea is a lot more steel and bite through their team and they are far better at being dirty spoiling little toerags.

If Chelsea make the final, then I will root for them over City, but right now I am hoping it will be Real that face City in the final as I think Chelsea would have as much chance of shipping four or five goals against City in a once off game as they would of giving City a tight game.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:51 PM   #18
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
Herrera told RMC, per France-based journalist Matt Spiro: ďWe talk about respect with referees... the referee tonight said f*** off to Leandro Paredes. If we say that we get a three-four match ban.Ē
Verratti added: ďHe said f*** you to me... I talk to referees a lot but I never say that or I get a 10-game ban.Ē
Must admit, I would have paid attention to the last 15mins if it involved the ref going from player to player telling them to fuck off and what not.
Old 05-05-21, 08:28 AM   #19
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:

Dias was immense and they finally bought the right CB but itís Foden who looks the most impressive - Pep really has handled him well. Sometimes your name is in it and it see,s to be like that for City

I really hope they donít win it but the year when squad depth and no crowd impact and felt the most is when those financial dopes will do it, their bench had like £450m worth of players on it.......ffs
everything seems written for them to win it this season & to been they have been brilliant. Dias has been sensational (Player of the season imo) & Foden looks a scary talent and even being so young, playing in a top class team he does not look out of place.

Football is dead to me this season.
Old 05-05-21, 09:21 AM   #20
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:

Real had a makeshift back four for both legs against us. We should have been in the Semis.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 05-05-21, 10:09 AM   #21
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Pochettino bottling a Final and Semi final... too much hot air blown up his ass as a top manager imo
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 11:07 AM   #22
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Must admit, I would have paid attention to the last 15mins if it involved the ref going from player to player telling them to fuck off and what not.
What's he moaning about? In every single football game I've ever watched someone has told the referee to fuck off, and much worse, and never get booked. Rooney used to do it every few minutes.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 11:17 AM   #23
frank the tank
Shankly

Agree completely about Dias. Every time BT sport mention how good he has been, they bring Stones into the conversation too

Dias has been a brilliant signing alright though. Holy shit he is only 23 years old as well. Epic signing for them.

Foden looks top as well. Remember Pep saying a few years ago that he wouldn't sell him for 450m. Even though Foden wasn't getting much game time at the time. If he is lucky with injuries, then he could break all sorts of records for amount of trophies.

Agree completely with people who say they have been lucky with the run too though. A fully oiled Bayern would have surely given them a much better game.

I think Chelsea will give them a better game in the final somehow as well though. Maybe the FA Cup semi would play on their minds?

As for PSG??? All fart. Did they even have a shot on target ffs??? Pathetic. Poch might have left Spurs but Spurs obviously hasn't left him. Would be a bt funny on PSG if Tuchel went and won the thing
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 12:10 PM   #24
spud_gun
Paisley

They spent 679m on centre backs and fullbacks. They had to buy a decent one at some point.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 01:06 PM   #25
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Agree completely about Dias. Every time BT sport mention how good he has been, they bring Stones into the conversation too

Dias has been a brilliant signing alright though. Holy shit he is only 23 years old as well. Epic signing for them.

Foden looks top as well. Remember Pep saying a few years ago that he wouldn't sell him for 450m. Even though Foden wasn't getting much game time at the time. If he is lucky with injuries, then he could break all sorts of records for amount of trophies.

Agree completely with people who say they have been lucky with the run too though. A fully oiled Bayern would have surely given them a much better game.

I think Chelsea will give them a better game in the final somehow as well though. Maybe the FA Cup semi would play on their minds?

As for PSG??? All fart. Did they even have a shot on target ffs??? Pathetic. Poch might have left Spurs but Spurs obviously hasn't left him. Would be a bt funny on PSG if Tuchel went and won the thing

PSG are horribly disjointed as a team. In attack in particular. Neymar is me me me when he plays.

They look far less of a cohesive unit under Pochettino than they did under Tuchel. Cannot stand Tuchel but also cannot deny he is able to make a mark on a team quickly and get his ideas into practise on a pitch faster than a lot of managers.

Did laugh when one of the pundits on Irish tv was questioning the play acting and snipey stuff from PSG last night and asking how that crept into a team with Pochettino as manager. Was making a point that Pochettino teams, like Spurs, were known for being fair, honest non dark arts type teams.

Guy must have never seen Spurs play under Pochettino or seen Pochettino as a player if he thinks he is some shining light for non diving fair play.

Also laughed at the interview Pochettino gave after the game in which he claimed PSG dominated Man City last night and had City on the ropes for much of the game.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Old 05-05-21, 01:10 PM   #26
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

I hate to say this but Phil Foden is going to be a world beater. He is sensational for his age.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 01:32 PM   #27
ronanm
Shankly

I hope Chelsea win it. I need a shower.
Old 05-05-21, 02:06 PM   #28
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanm View Post
I hope Chelsea win it. I need a shower.
Why? was your last shower the last time they won it??
Old 05-05-21, 02:34 PM   #29
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
I hate to say this but Phil Foden is going to be a world beater. He is sensational for his age.

YNWA

He looks stupidly good for a more experienced player let alone a lad of 20.

14 goals and 8 assists in all comps for City so far this season. Is also one of those player who looks as good to the eye when he plays as he does in terms of stats and any flaws you could pick in his game using underlying stats are ones that will most likely improve with experience anyway.

For a small and light lad, he seems quite wiry and robust at times.

Dias is the guy I think is awesome in their team though. Only 23 and looks the finished article at CB. Looks the kind of CB that would be world class whether he was playing a high line or in a team that parked the bus. So gifted on the ball but also reads the game in a manner beyond his years.

Old 05-05-21, 02:45 PM   #30
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Unfortunately I fear that if Pep stays and stays motivated City are going to be even more difficult to beat.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 04:28 PM   #31
maxwellbaxter
Houllier

Well done Man City!
What a fairytale story!

Subs bench:
Ake 50m
Laporte 75m
Cancelo 45m
Mendy 55m
Rodrigo 70m
Sterling 50m
Jesus 32m
Aguero 40m
Torres 20m

Total £437m
Old 05-05-21, 04:33 PM   #32
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
Unfortunately I fear that if Pep stays and stays motivated City are going to be even more difficult to beat.

YNWA

Only way Pep would leave, imo, in the short to medium term would be if he was given a bigger budget somewhere like Barca or Juve (if he wanted to try to win major prizes in four leagues), but that is not going to happen.

What they are this season is a proper team. A bit mechanical to watch at times but they scrap for every inch and have the quality to punish from so many positions.

Only position in their team that does not offer a goal threat is that of goalkeeper. Everywhere else, be it defence, midfield or up front, all bring a serious goal threat.

It's like playing Fifa21 with the 500m transfer budget option activated, and even then that falls short of what Pep could spend

Old 05-05-21, 04:42 PM   #33
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellbaxter View Post
Well done Man City!
What a fairytale story!

Subs bench:
Ake 50m
Laporte 75m
Cancelo 45m
Mendy 55m
Rodrigo 70m
Sterling 50m
Jesus 32m
Aguero 40m
Torres 20m

Total £437m
forgot they'd spent £50m on another CB in the summer. Mental
Old 05-05-21, 05:39 PM   #34
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellbaxter View Post
Well done Man City!
What a fairytale story!

Subs bench:
Ake 50m
Laporte 75m
Cancelo 45m
Mendy 55m
Rodrigo 70m
Sterling 50m
Jesus 32m
Aguero 40m
Torres 20m

Total £437m
Old 05-05-21, 05:54 PM   #35
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

It’s mind boggling
Old 05-05-21, 06:32 PM   #36
frank the tank
Shankly

Crazy shit alright....
Old 05-05-21, 06:36 PM   #37
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

No need for FFP tho.
Old 05-05-21, 06:46 PM   #38
frank the tank
Shankly

And if they add a Haaland or mbappe to replace kun, then it's curtains for English football as a competition
Old 05-05-21, 08:09 PM   #39
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

7 mins gone and Chelsea are lucky not to have had three bookings, got away with a couple of clear ones, they’ve gone rough for this one.
Old 05-05-21, 08:19 PM   #40
spud_gun
Paisley

offside

est1892 > Football > General Football