It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 17-08-19, 04:45 PM   #3081
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

FWIW, I've no issue with the bowling, but you can show a bit of compassion when a guy narrowly avoids getting his head removed.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 10:44 AM   #3082
Les Zeffelin
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Nope, just saying that you have a disregard for human life. I don't want to see anyone get seriously hurt in any capacity, but it is satisfying seeing a fuckwit like Smith get one. If that makes me a cunt, I'm fine by it.

Thousands of crickets have been hit by the ball. One tragically had fatal consequences. It's by far the exception, not the rule. In the nets I've bowled short balls and hit teammates on the head and we've all had a laugh about it. One incident, as tragic as it was, won't change my perception.
Probably the most accurate thing you've said. Wow mate, you must have had a seriously shitty time when you were living here judging by that massive chip on your shoulder. Can I suggest you take up carpentry it'll help with the chip & your anger issues.
Old 18-08-19, 12:07 PM   #3083
spud_gun
Paisley

Smith out of today's final day and possibly the third test due to concussion.

Massive loss for Australia.
Old 18-08-19, 12:38 PM   #3084
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah, massive boost for England.

The HIA protocols clearly not up to standard given Smith was allowed back on the field yesterday.

I don’t get taking pleasure in seeing a sportsman injured myself, but it was a Beauty of a delivery from Archer and has ultimately given England a solution as to how they deal with Smith.
Old 18-08-19, 03:30 PM   #3085
ChesterDave
Paisley

Declared Aus 267 to win
Old 18-08-19, 04:09 PM   #3086
Liverpool
Paisley

Archer trying to kill someone
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 05:27 PM   #3087
Cormack74
Shankly

He actually looks mean with it now whereas yesterday he looked a bit bashful.

Headingley has been quite a quick pitch the last couple of years so if we get dry weather (yeah big "if") it could be interesting.

I also wonder whether this may tempt the Aussies to bring back Starc to fight fire with fire.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 06:45 PM   #3088
Cormack74
Shankly

Now Wade, the helmet makers are in for a record summer if Jofra keeps this up.
Old 18-08-19, 07:01 PM   #3089
Zapater
Dalglish

Outstanding catch.
Zapater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 07:24 PM   #3090
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Draw.
Old 18-08-19, 09:39 PM   #3091
captainfog
Lord Anthony Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Yeah, massive boost for England.

The HIA protocols clearly not up to standard given Smith was allowed back on the field yesterday.

I don’t get taking pleasure in seeing a sportsman injured myself, but it was a Beauty of a delivery from Archer and has ultimately given England a solution as to how they deal with Smith.
It really has, we've found a chink in his armour. Get Jofra on and send rockets at his head.
captainfog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 09:56 PM   #3092
Cormack74
Shankly

Although England aren't great (well a bit rubbish really), if Jimmy and Jofra had been (fit &) available for these first two tests I think it's highly likely we'd actually be 2 nil up now.
Old 19-08-19, 09:16 AM   #3093
Yozza
Shankly

yeah it makes you wonder how we’d be doing if we’d had Jimmy & Jofra fit for both tests....

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 10:50 AM   #3094
Harv
Randy Marsh

Hopefully someone poisons Joffrey's jerk chicken.

Need to get Starc in and fight fire with fire. Start by lining up that cheating cunt Root with a few right into his windpipe. Cop that you E.T. fingered prick!

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 10:51 AM   #3095
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
yeah it makes you wonder how we’d be doing if we’d had Jimmy & Jofra fit for both tests....
The 'what ifs' are coming out already

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Old 19-08-19, 10:54 AM   #3096
Harv
Randy Marsh

Joffrey's been such a success, you lot will probably shelve the South Africans and go all out for West Indians now. Im sure they can knock up some easy passport fixes

Old 19-08-19, 10:56 AM   #3097
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Joffrey's been such a success, you lot will probably shelve the South Africans and go all out for West Indians now. Im sure they can knock up some easy passport fixes
Need I remind you who your best batsmen was yesterday?
Old 19-08-19, 11:00 AM   #3098
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 19-08-19, 11:17 AM   #3099
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Need I remind you who your best batsmen was yesterday?
His family emigrated to Australia when he was about 8 or something

Bit different than getting a 20yr old that's barely set foot in the country playing for you.

The West Indians must be steaming. They've been robbed an absolute beast of a bowler.

Old 19-08-19, 11:23 AM   #3100
Alex
Administrator

He has been playing for sussex since 2016. I dont know what you want from him

Rattled
Old 19-08-19, 11:32 AM   #3101
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
He has been playing for sussex since 2016. I dont know what you want from him

Rattled
To not play for England and play for the country he's spent basically his whole life in.

Loads of players play county cricket!

Bloody Peter Siddle been playing for some county side for years FFS.

Mark Cosgrove that fat lump of turd (he's in my extended family somehow) has been playing for Glamorgan for years too. Don't see you lot picking him

By these rules we should be able to get that little Afghan spinner that comes over every summer and plays in our 20/20 league. He's an absolute cracker too.

Old 19-08-19, 12:09 PM   #3102
Alex
Administrator

But his Dad is English
Old 19-08-19, 01:41 PM   #3103
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
But his Dad is English
So what My dad's Spanish and i have a Spanish passport. Don't see me playing for the Spanish national team.

Old 19-08-19, 01:46 PM   #3104
Alex
Administrator

I bet you want to though.
Old 19-08-19, 01:56 PM   #3105
Harv
Randy Marsh

Well yeah if they called i'd think about it. I'd feel bad for Australia though.

We're so shit, a player of my class could make a real difference. I'd still get to play in the World Cup. Plus I'd be a national hero here, whereas for Spain i'd probably be just another talented central midfielder in the Xabi mould, and have to be fighting for my place all the time and copping the jeers of their temperamental fans.

So i reckon i'll play for Australia.

Old 20-08-19, 10:34 AM   #3106
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 20-08-19, 10:48 AM   #3107
Harv
Randy Marsh

Jesus. This is going to be a bloodbath. Don't trust any of our top order to make a score. Only two that look even remotely solid are Head and Wade and Wade is just as likely to make 10 as he is 50+. Absolutely spineless this side really.

There's absolutely nobody in our side that can dig in and drive the bowlers nuts. Been saying this for years too. They all just cannot help themselves and have to play their shots. Its not a 20/20 game you morons!

Old 20-08-19, 10:55 AM   #3108
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Our batting line up is exactly the same though
Old 21-08-19, 01:15 AM   #3109
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Our batting line up is exactly the same though
Yeah both sides batting is absolutely awful, bar Smith and maybe Root and Stokes.

Two very solid bowling attacks though. Some of our bowlers handle the bat better than our bloody top order do too

Old 21-08-19, 09:34 AM   #3110
Zapater
Dalglish

Outside of India in the sub-continent, I don't think there is a solid batting team in the world. We're in an age of strokemakers and T20 dashers. I remember a few years ago, South Africa didn't necessarily have the best players but there were guys like Smith, Petersen and Prince that would dig in and bat long periods of time providing the foil for more fluid players. England have had plenty of their own with likes of Collingwood, Cook and Trott. This style of player is a dying breed, but essential for winning test matches.
Old 21-08-19, 03:55 PM   #3111
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

The last days cricket I went to had 1 wicket and Smith and Amla batted for ever. It wasn’t that long ago really but it feels like a different era.

It was boring as fuck to be fair

England could never get to Graeme Smith, same as Steve Smith these days.
Old 22-08-19, 08:29 AM   #3112
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 22-08-19, 09:19 AM   #3113
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Be interesting to see how Warner goes. He’s been shit.
Old 22-08-19, 10:28 AM   #3114
Yozza
Shankly

Raining at Headingley.... delayed toss

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-19, 10:44 AM   #3115
Alex
Administrator

Its sunny as fuck in London today
Old 22-08-19, 11:00 AM   #3116
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Be interesting to see how Warner goes. He’s been shit.
Warner is an absolute moron and he's exactly the type i was talking about in my post above.

Simply cannot help himself and has to slash at balls outside off. You might get away with that in Australia on our pitches, but you're going to get out very very early in England when the balls hooping around like it does!

Its pretty fucking obvious. A bloody cricket simpleton like me can see it. I haven't played a game of cricket since i was 12 FFS

Old 22-08-19, 11:33 AM   #3117
Harv
Randy Marsh

Fucking raining again. Piss off

Old 22-08-19, 11:42 AM   #3118
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Warner is an absolute moron and he's exactly the type i was talking about in my post above.

Simply cannot help himself and has to slash at balls outside off. You might get away with that in Australia on our pitches, but you're going to get out very very early in England when the balls hooping around like it does!

Its pretty fucking obvious. A bloody cricket simpleton like me can see it. I haven't played a game of cricket since i was 12 FFS
Yeah, both top order plagued with a lack of discipline.

Where’s your Alistair Cook types? Just blocking for the first session, wearing attacks down but ultimately eventually going on to big scores. It’s not pretty but it wins tests. That England batting line up with Cook and Strauss opening then Trott following up once those two had worn the attack down and then KP following that attrition up swinging for the ropes. Without the attrition you can’t get the expansive play.
Old 22-08-19, 01:57 PM   #3119
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Fucking raining again. Piss off
What you worried for? If it rains the rest of the summer you've won
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-19, 05:29 PM   #3120
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Poor afternoon for England perfect bowling conditions and the Aussies have recovered to 131-2.

Warner 61 n.o.

est1892 > General > General Sports