It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 17-07-06, 10:40 AM   #1
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

Were do spurs get their Money?

Spurs are about to sign Duff

Linkhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/5186380.stm
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-07-06, 10:46 AM   #2
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Big, popular London club - it will have some rich financial backers.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-06, 11:42 AM   #3
IanTheRed
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP

Strange isn't it. Levy couldn't find two pennies to run together until last summer...then Arnesen gets tapped up.

Spurs agree something with Chelski, all behind the scenes to save Chelksi's faces and a probable points deduction...and suddenly start splashing the roubles.

I'll guarantee (my Spurs mate also agrees) that Chelski are semi-funding Spurs on the proviso that they don't say anything, in return for a wedge of money, first choice of players they release and first choice on any promising kids Spurs have. Nice little agreement.
IanTheRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-06, 11:44 AM   #4
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Maybe I'm missing something, but where is the logic in something like that?
Old 17-07-06, 11:57 AM   #5
spud_gun
Paisley

I was just about to post somthing similar.

There's only a couple of ways that they can have so much money.

The chairman is dipping into his own pocket in order to fund the transfers or the club are lining themselves up to be Leeds Utd mrk2.

They have no money from the champions league, no cups runs to speak of. No 60,000 seater stadium that is full every week.

Strange one.

Oh and i still don't see them getting into the Champions league this season.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-06, 12:02 PM   #6
PTP

interesting theory - Cacodemon, i think he means thats spurs have something on chelsea which could cause problems if released, If you remember chelsea tapped up and basically robbed Franc Arnesan(jol's no.2) off spurs, Spurs were pretty fucked off about it and were going to sue - giving the situation chelsea were in with regards tapping up, they were going to get the book thrown at them - all of a sudden it went quiet and spurs were happy
Old 17-07-06, 12:08 PM   #7
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

I realise that, however most Management/staff 'transfers' are usual a scale of 10 times lower than player transfers. How often do you hear about a club releasing it's manager for
Old 17-07-06, 12:11 PM   #8
IanTheRed
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP
interesting theory - Cacodemon, i think he means thats spurs have something on chelsea which could cause problems if released, If you remember chelsea tapped up and basically robbed Franc Arnesan(jol's no.2) off spurs, Spurs were pretty fucked off about it and were going to sue - giving the situation chelsea were in with regards tapping up, they were going to get the book thrown at them - all of a sudden it went quiet and spurs were happy
Exactly PTP. My Spurs mate believes this to be true...after the Ashley Cole tapping conviction the authorities were ready to throw the book at Chelski and when they tapped up Arnesen it hit the fan. Many meetings later, a spare wedge of roubles and Spurs basically become Chelski's feeder club, benefitting from any spare players (Duff for example) while if Chelski want Lennon, Carrick et al then Spurs will just bend over and be taken.

My Hotspur supporting friend is also fine with this, as long as Spurs become contenders.
Old 17-07-06, 12:18 PM   #9
IanTheRed
Houllier

[QUOTE=Cacodemon]I realise that, however most Management/staff 'transfers' are usual a scale of 10 times lower than player transfers. How often do you hear about a club releasing it's manager for
Old 17-07-06, 12:27 PM   #10
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

No that's fine, it's interesting to read about people's thoughts on Roman.

I cannot believe that somebody can become that wealthy in such a short space of time by genuine means.

If you read his Bio - there are large areas of misty/foggy information - he just somehow managed to take control of Sibnef (or whatever it is called)

In my opinion, Billions of ordinary Russian peoples money has gone to him, and what does he do, spend it like it's going out of fashion - in London of all places.

The other odd thing about this Duff deal, is that the player only has 1 year left on his deal, i.e. he's free from January onwards. Why would a club shell out their largest transfer fee on a guy entering his final year?
Old 17-07-06, 12:40 PM   #11
PTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacodemon

The other odd thing about this Duff deal, is that the player only has 1 year left on his deal, i.e. he's free from January onwards. Why would a club shell out their largest transfer fee on a guy entering his final year?
maybe the money won't actually go anywhere?
bit of a conspiracy theory here, but most of what Ian has mentioned could very well be true, I know it would be more complicated than this, but say if Spurs 'pay'

Last edited by PTP; 17-07-06 at 12:43 PM.
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-06, 12:44 PM   #12
IanTheRed
Houllier

Quote:
No that's fine, it's interesting to read about people's thoughts on Roman.

I cannot believe that somebody can become that wealthy in such a short space of time by genuine means.

If you read his Bio - there are large areas of misty/foggy information - he just somehow managed to take control of Sibnef (or whatever it is called)

In my opinion, Billions of ordinary Russian peoples money has gone to him, and what does he do, spend it like it's going out of fashion - in London of all places.

Roman (and a lot of his friends) 'alledgely' became suddenly rich when Vladimir Putin took over Russia. He gave them all 'jobs for the boys' and systematically sucked the countries resources dry, taking the money to play with in Western Europe. Gary Kasperov and a few other influential russians have created a new party (2008 or something, to signify the year of the next election) to try and take the country over and re-distribute the wealth.

Regarding Jarosik (and also casually meandering back to football) he was signed from CSKA Sofia, as was Maniche I believe, which is owned by Sibnef. Another case of his money, and his friends money, getting mixed about and cleaned during transfers.
Old 17-07-06, 12:50 PM   #13
IanTheRed
Houllier

[QUOTE=PTP]maybe the money won't actually go anywhere?
bit of a conspiracy theory here, but most of what Ian has mentioned could very well be true, I know it would be more complicated than this, but say if Spurs 'pay'
Old 17-07-06, 12:52 PM   #14
PTP

Quote:

From what I've read about it all, the russian government issued the people in russia shares/vouchers worth x amount in different private/public sector companies. Most of the russian people had no idea what these were or any idea of their value, appartently the likes of Roman and the other rich russian oil barons etc, who had good business knowledge knew exatcly what they were. They traded items like food, tv's stereos etc and cash for the vouchers until they had obtained so much that they effectivly owned the compaines.

I'm not 100%(maybe 99.9% ) certain of the exact details but from what I can remember it's along those lines - does anyone else have a more accurate idea
Old 17-07-06, 12:58 PM   #15
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

You know what we should do? After KT has been toppled, we could get Insider Insider to look into the dodgy dealings of Roman? Maybe we can topple him too???
Old 17-07-06, 01:07 PM   #16
PTP

haha - i'd offer to help him but unlike Dunk, I'm sure Roman does actually have some underworld charactors who would help him
Old 18-07-06, 12:43 PM   #17
scarface
Souness

I remember just after roman took over, reading in a paper that stamfford bridge had been broken into and all that was taken was romans personal laptop! all it said was that poliece were looking into it and affter that i heard no more about it! MI5 maybe trying to get some info on him? theres no doubt this man is a crook and totaly using chelsea as a tax loss!
scarface is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football