It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 24-07-06, 09:17 PM   #1
Howard_lfc
Dalglish

Thumbs up Good Luck big fella

You know - it's not often that I see an ex-player - who never had any association with our great club - and think to myself :
"He's a good bloke. A real decent lad".

But that's exactly what I think of Niall Quinn. Each time I see him on the box, he's smart, articulate, and knows his stuff. (He also has a wee soft spot for us reds I reckon).

Anyway - it looks as if he's gonna appoint himself as manager of The Mackems after his takeover at the club, so I'd like to be the first punter on the forum to wish him all the best. I really hope he turns out to be a good manager and gets them back up into the Prem.

Good Luck Niall (I think you may need it).

H
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-07-06, 09:19 PM   #2
DannyMan2006
Paisley

I to wish him the best of luck....... And its got nothing to do with my mum nearly calling me Niall :-)
DannyMan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-06, 09:30 PM   #3
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard_lfc
You know - it's not often that I see an ex-player - who never had any association with our great club - and think to myself :

But that's exactly what I think of Niall Quinn. Each time I see him on the box, he's smart, articulate, and knows his stuff. (He also has a wee soft spot for us reds I reckon).

Anyway - it looks as if he's gonna appoint himself as manager of The Mackems after his takeover at the club, so I'd like to be the first punter on the forum to wish him all the best. I really hope he turns out to be a good manager and gets them back up into the Prem.

H
In 100% agreement.

Although I do think his soft-spot for us only materialised after we signed Crouchie - and Quinn, in his "beanpole marksman Union" mode, defended him to the hilt.

Anyway, good luck Quinny.
Old 24-07-06, 09:45 PM   #4
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Excellent posts guys.

Niall's always been one of the good guys IMO, and I don't just think that 'cause I'm Irish. Didn't he give away all the proceeds from his testimonial? I really hope he has a great deal of luck.. he's going to need it
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-06, 10:00 PM   #5
Howard_lfc
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMichael
Excellent posts guys.

Niall's always been one of the good guys IMO, and I don't just think that 'cause I'm Irish. Didn't he give away all the proceeds from his testimonial?
Yes he did.
Old 24-07-06, 10:17 PM   #6
univofchicago
Fagan

Credit to Niall Quinn, sticking up for Crouchy when it seemed that everyone wanted to have a go at the poor lad...

Had the 'intelligence' to see that there were more to Crouchy's games than just scoring goals.
univofchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-06, 01:00 AM   #7
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Well said. Good luck to him, hope he sticks it to the Geordies in the years to come
Old 25-07-06, 10:48 AM   #8
JRG
Fagan

Good luck to NQ, I hope he can resurrect Sundreland and then overtake teh Geordies. Individually they're great people but their team ethos and support stinks.

Come on you Makems
Old 25-07-06, 02:29 PM   #9
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Niall has always seemed like one of the most intelligent footballers and not in the Graeme Le Saux mistaking the ability to read for insight sense. He also seems to be a very reasonable and passionate person, other than his presumably limited financial reserves pretty much an ideal chairman.

It will be interesting to see how he handles his dual role. The next challenge will be to move aside when he can get a top quality manager (unless of course he turns out to be the next Rafa). Best of luck to him.
Old 25-07-06, 02:40 PM   #10
Morse
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard_lfc

H

Totally agree with you H.
Niall is a top man, very honest in his assessments on TV.

Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-06, 04:05 PM   #11
Sipowicz

I really hope it works out for him - but have a bad feeling about it.

Good luck, big man
Old 25-07-06, 06:44 PM   #12
scubykuntz
Souness

he always seemed like a bit of a knobend to me to be honest. But a good bloke all the same, so best of luck. I hope he only taking the managers job on a temporary basis until he can get someone else. If thinks it's perminant he is looking for trouble. IF things go badly will he have to sack himself?
scubykuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-06, 01:54 PM   #13
JRG
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubykuntz
he always seemed like a bit of a knobend to me to be honest. But a good bloke all the same, so best of luck. I hope he only taking the managers job on a temporary basis until he can get someone else. If thinks it's perminant he is looking for trouble. IF things go badly will he have to sack himself?
He's said he's only going to do it until he can attract a real manager (not his exact words but you get my drift)

est1892 > Football > General Football