It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 24-06-19, 05:11 PM   #4721
McDermotX
Paisley

Possibly needs a move away or more regular starts if he is to resurrect his career.
Old 24-06-19, 06:28 PM   #4722
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
He's a superstar, actually.
Wears frilly knickers apparently
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 05:57 PM   #4723
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola believes Anfield is like "no other stadium in the world".

Talking about Barcelona's dramatic Champions League semi-final collapse, which saw them lose 4-0 on Merseyside after winning the first leg 3-0, Guardiola said the atmosphere created at Liverpool's ground was special and could make opponents feel "small".

Guardiola could draw on his own experience of being on the end of a heavy defeat under the lights at Anfield after his City side lost 3-0 in the first leg of the Champions League quarter-finals in 2018.

"I thought they'd [Barcelona] score a goal at Anfield. And I am sure the players knew that Anfield is Anfield. The motto "This is Anfield" is no marketing spin," he told Catalonian publication Ara.

"There's something about it that you will find in no other stadium in the world. They score a goal and over the next five minutes you feel that you'll receive another four. You feel small and the rival players seem to be all over.

"We've all gone through what happened to Barca. They were laughing at me when we were losing 3-0 after the first 15-20 minutes of the quarter-final. It's a bugger of a ground and it's the sort of competition where one hand, one offside, Anfield … Next year it'll be Torino [Juventus] with [Maurizio] Sarri and Cristiano Ronaldo."

Guardiola also revealed that he does not support the idea of a European super league and insisted that it would "kill off" domestic divisions.

"They'd have to explain that to me, but I am not too keen on the idea," he said. "It would kill off the home leagues. If Barca and Madrid leave and no longer play Espanyol, who's going to buy that? La Liga will die.

"In England they are very clever about that sort of thing. Fourth Division matches draw big crowds. England will not allow the essence of local football to die out. Part of the Champions League's greatness is that you don't have a match every Sunday. A weekly game would make it unappealing.

"A Barca-Espanyol derby is a much-needed fixture in Barcelona city. And the more Catalan teams that play La Liga, the better. Let's not kill the home leagues: nobody wants to watch a match where the teams stand no chance of playing the European League."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...m-in-the-world
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 06:49 PM   #4724
Irishnev
Shankly

Basically saying City or New York looking to buy Bonucci for €30m....watch the completely unassociated clubs arrange some kind of loan deal here....
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-19, 02:56 PM   #4725
Cormack74
Shankly

TalkSport had their regular Dutch journo on at breakfast time, Marcel something or other.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but he reckoned that Guardiola was very interested in signing De Light but that Raiola's financial demands have now gone beyond farcical and even City have been put off by the numbers quoted.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-19, 05:30 PM   #4726
McDermotX
Paisley

Sure de Ligt is off to ManU now, now that Juve have copped onto themselves and suddenly remembered they haven't got the money.

At least "according to sources".
Old 07-07-19, 11:22 PM   #4727
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Sure de Ligt is off to ManU now, now that Juve have copped onto themselves and suddenly remembered they haven't got the money.

At least "according to sources".
Agents know Utd are desperate for big signings so will play them off against everybody. As for de Ligt - He has the potential to be great - but Utd right now would be a very bad move for him.
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 04:57 PM   #4728
Irishnev
Shankly

Old 28-07-19, 10:08 PM   #4729
Cormack74
Shankly

Let's hope he moves sufficiently late for Citeh to be unable to source a replacement.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 10:12 PM   #4730
Liverpool
Paisley

these are going to smash us next week, bookies have them at 11/10 as well
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 11:09 PM   #4731
McDermotX
Paisley

'That's the spirit'™️
Old 28-07-19, 11:13 PM   #4732
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
'That's the spirit'™️
Old 29-07-19, 02:04 PM   #4733
RichC
Meh

What's happened to the FFP investigation on them.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 02:14 PM   #4734
Pepe79
Dalglish

Going to take months, isn't it?
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 03:16 PM   #4735
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

Getting to next week?
Old 29-07-19, 03:22 PM   #4736
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
What's happened to the FFP investigation on them.
Itll end in tears. Ours, not theirs
Old 29-07-19, 03:32 PM   #4737
RichC
Meh

That's my feeling on it tbh.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 03:44 PM   #4738
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
That's my feeling on it tbh.

If they thought for a minute that they were going to be penalised they would have had a quiet unassuming summer but instead decided to break their transfer record and look to spend well over £100m
Old 29-07-19, 03:56 PM   #4739
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post

If they thought for a minute that they were going to be penalised they would have had a quiet unassuming summer but instead decided to break their transfer record and look to spend well over £100m

If they thought for a minute that they are going to be penalised and decided to break their transfer record and look to spend well over £100m before any bans, fines and exclusion from competitions were sanctioned
Old 29-07-19, 04:53 PM   #4740
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
If they thought for a minute that they are going to be penalised and decided to break their transfer record and look to spend well over £100m before any bans, fines and exclusion from competitions were sanctioned
I thought that after posting it

There's an element of logic there, but surely they'd be spending £300m if they thought it'd be their last dealings for a while
Old 29-07-19, 05:11 PM   #4741
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
I thought that after posting it

There's an element of logic there, but surely they'd be spending £300m if they thought it'd be their last dealings for a while
Not if they're trying to keep any pretence that they spend within their means in their response to the investigations?
Old 29-07-19, 05:26 PM   #4742
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Not if they're trying to keep any pretence that they spend within their means in their response to the investigations?
That's what I said in my first post.
Old 29-07-19, 07:02 PM   #4743
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
That's what I said in my first post.
Spending £100m net isn’t beyond what they’ve spent in previous windows and what they’re already maintaining is within the club’s fair means. Spending £300m net now would just completely expose themselves.
Old 31-07-19, 05:01 AM   #4744
Corndog
Fagan

if they lose Sane that's a huge blow for them imo that makes their squad weaker than last year. Don't think they can find a like for like replacement, perhaps Leon Bailey but he had a quieter year last year.

Is Jesus still likely to leave? He's not great but City having Jesus and particularly Sane off the bench was a real threat.

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 09:40 AM   #4745
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
if they lose Sane that's a huge blow for them imo that makes their squad weaker than last year. Don't think they can find a like for like replacement, perhaps Leon Bailey but he had a quieter year last year.

Is Jesus still likely to leave? He's not great but City having Jesus and particularly Sane off the bench was a real threat.
It will be a blow for the, but Sane wasn't first choice for most of last year and sadly they probably have a more than adequate replacement in Mahrez.

Fancy Jesus to have a much better season this year on the back of his Copa America victory. Was he ever linked with leaving?
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 10:14 AM   #4746
red g
Paisley

not sure how much they played together or if it was one or another but Sane played 47 games, 16 goals and Mahrez played 44 games 12 goals, To keep that strong a squad they would need to replace Sane with a decent player

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 02:11 PM   #4747
Tribute
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
not sure how much they played together or if it was one or another but Sane played 47 games, 16 goals and Mahrez played 44 games 12 goals, To keep that strong a squad they would need to replace Sane with a decent player
"Phil Foden... come on down!"

Pep's already said he's the worlds best player... or similar
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 08:57 PM   #4748
Exiled_red
Paisley

Regular or not, only Aguero and Sterling scored more goals than Sane for them.
Old 01-08-19, 04:58 PM   #4749
Irishnev
Shankly

Old 01-08-19, 05:14 PM   #4750
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Sounds like money laundering to balance £ities book. I wonder how much their owners have provided bayern with!!
Old 02-08-19, 09:33 AM   #4751
Tribute
Dalglish

Rumblings across twitter that Coutinho is now a target for Pep, thinking he can take him away from Barca in a cut-price deal.

Probably just the usual Citeh/Utd fans shit-stirring again...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 11:07 AM   #4752
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Yeah, his wife will settle much better in Manchester than she did 35 miles away in Liverpool
Old 02-08-19, 11:58 AM   #4753
Pepe79
Dalglish

Don't think it was a case of him and his family not being happy in the NW, just the appeal of Barcelona?
Old 02-08-19, 05:08 PM   #4754
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Pretty sure that was the initial angle he gave
Old 02-08-19, 11:20 PM   #4755
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Pretty sure that was the initial angle he gave
Well that and the bad back which must have been made worse by the cold damp conditions
Old 02-08-19, 11:51 PM   #4756
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Well that and the bad back which must have been made worse by the cold damp conditions
Cold and damp you say? He'll love Manchester then
Old 03-08-19, 12:14 AM   #4757
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Cold and damp you say? He'll love Manchester then
Exactly
Old 03-08-19, 08:12 AM   #4758
El Diego
Dalglish

City fans are a truly horrible horrible bunch of cunts, never met a decent one.
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 08:21 AM   #4759
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

I'm quite pally with a City fan, he's a older fella in his 50's so he's no glory hunter who's only just started following them. He's sound to be fair and pretty respectful of Liverpool.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 08:39 AM   #4760
El Diego
Dalglish

Just find they’ve become entitled, we’ve had no rivalry with them until we beat them in the champions league. No they are obsessed with us, they spent a whole year singing about us. I honestly didn’t hear another song from them apart of their Allez Allez Allez version and The Gerrard song
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football