It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 07-07-07, 07:58 PM   #41
kurtangle01
Never Warks on loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage View Post
he wants his golf clubs back after rafa took em off him in barca

FUCK OFF MOURINHO!!!!!!:whatever:
kurtangle01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 07-07-07, 09:00 PM   #42
towersofanfield
Souness

Not like West Ham to be concerned about contractual issues
towersofanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 12:35 AM   #43
Lee
Chunder camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvy145 View Post
However, the deal has been delayed due to a private contractual issue between Craig Bellamy and Liverpool, which must be resolved before any transfer can be completed.
Is this to do with a payment to Bellamy from LFC as he didn't ask for a transfer??
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 08:56 AM   #44
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan1984 View Post
Is this to do with a payment to Bellamy from LFC as he didn't ask for a transfer??
probably, hes entitled to one
paulcooper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 08:57 AM   #45
SouthAfricaRed
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite_Colin View Post
I got loads of shit on KT & on here for saying that last season when we signed him. At least I'm consistent (and my judgement is sound ! )
Have to give you that

You are consistently an @rse
Old 08-07-07, 09:02 AM   #46
SouthAfricaRed
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvy145 View Post
Following on from nbryan1764's post above.

Following comments attributed to Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez today, West Ham United would like to make it clear that Craig Bellamy has not yet completed a move to Upton Park.

After a fee of 7.5million was agreed between the two clubs, we can confirm that the Welsh international captain has successfully passed a medical and agreed personal terms.

However, the deal has been delayed due to a private contractual issue between Craig Bellamy and Liverpool, which must be resolved before any transfer can be completed.

The player is due to meet with Liverpool on Monday morning, and we expect to complete the transfer soon after.

As always, confirmation of any new signing will appear here on whufc.com as soon as it is formally completed.

Considering we will have to pay him any difference in wages for the remainder of his contract and probably a termination fee, Are we actually making a profit? Remember he's already had one year of wages
Old 08-07-07, 09:08 AM   #47
Iceman
Fagan

It can only be a termination fee as he is reportedly on 70K a week at West Ham

Motson:"" Yes Mark, you could almost say that they have had 3 chances in as many minutes"

Lawrenson: Errr I thought I just did say that, John"

Voronin Fan club member #438
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 09:40 AM   #48
SouthAfricaRed
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It can only be a termination fee as he is reportedly on 70K a week at West Ham
Then maybe he should pay Liverpool the difference
Old 08-07-07, 10:40 AM   #49
Iceman
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthAfricaRed View Post
Then maybe he should pay Liverpool the difference

If only the real world and football was like that

it really annoys me when footballers haggle over severance payments, they are already rich beyond the wildest dreams of us mere mortals...........how many porsches, lambourghinis etc does someone want FFS?

Motson:"" Yes Mark, you could almost say that they have had 3 chances in as many minutes"

Lawrenson: Errr I thought I just did say that, John"

Voronin Fan club member #438
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 11:17 AM   #50
Gazzla
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite_Colin View Post
...Just confirmed on SSN ticker

Thank *** for that. He was never ever good enough to wwear the shirt, and I'm so glad to see the back of him.
I remember that you predicted this last year Colin on Katietalk that Bellamy would be shipped out after a seson as he simply wasn't good enough.

Old 08-07-07, 12:24 PM   #51
Kopite_Colin
Dalglish

Thanks Gazzla. Although TBH I'm sorry I have been proved right. I would much rather we were celebrating No.19. That's why I'm so against us buying sub-standard quality, it leads us no-where (this year's example is Benayoun, when we need to spend BIG on 2 quality wingers - if we get all 3 then fine, but not at the expense of what we really, really need)
Kopite_Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 06:08 PM   #52
cadmium
Dislikes patio heaters

Wish him well at WHU, but I do wonder how long it'll be before he spouts off and has a pop at Rafa et al
Old 08-07-07, 07:06 PM   #53
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmium View Post
Wish him well at WHU, but I do wonder how long it'll be before he spouts off and has a pop at Rafa et al
hopefully being a liverpool fan he will keep his gob shut, but i doubt it !
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 06:32 AM   #54
carlton
Fagan

How did the 12 million become 7.5 give that Benayoun is not part of the deal.
Old 09-07-07, 06:54 AM   #55
Resu
Dalglish

Maybe it never was 12M?
Old 09-07-07, 07:25 AM   #56
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Indeed. Where did the idea of 12 million come from?
Old 09-07-07, 07:51 AM   #57
carlton
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation View Post
Indeed. Where did the idea of 12 million come from?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

Harry Kewell is determined to salvage his Liverpool future and convince Rafa Benitez he can emerge as a key factor in a renewed title challenge next season.

With Benitez promising widespread changes during the summer, and admitting an interest in Lyon winger Florent Malouda and Benfica's Simao Sabrosa, Kewell's Anfield days looked numbered following a season wrecked by injury.

But the 28-year old Australia winger, who has just 12 months left on his contract, is in no mood to be forced out after finally regaining full fitness and playing a part in the last Premiership game against Charlton and the Champions League final against AC Milan.

Tottenham, Aston Villa and West Ham are all eager to offer him a fresh start, but may have their hopes dashed by his steadfast belief that any move away from Anfield would be a step down.

Though Benitez is believed to be ready to listen to offers for him, Kewell has yet to be told his time is up at Anfield and is clinging to the hope that he may yet be given the chance to show what he is capable of when free of injury.

"Anfield is the only place Harry wants to be," said a close friend. "He takes the view that there aren't many players who can say they are good enough to pull on a Liverpool shirt.

"He believes he is, and he wants to prove it to the fans and manager. He is not one to shy away from a challenge."

Villa are also challenging Blackburn and West Ham for Craig Bellamy, who has had a 12m price tag placed on him, 12 months after arriving from Ewood Park for 6m.

Meanwhile, Sami Hyypia claims Benitez wants him to stay at Anfield and see out the remaining year of his contract.

The Finland defender has been linked with a move away from Anfield this summer, but Hyypia said: "I will go back to Liverpool in July for pre-season training. Rafa said 'we're happy with you and you are not for sale'."
carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 04:23 PM   #58
John-Boy
Souness

My mate who's a west ham fan has told me he's signed already he's just waiting for a pay off
Old 09-07-07, 04:27 PM   #59
steveheighwayrobbery
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Boy View Post
My mate who's a west ham fan has told me he's signed already he's just waiting for a pay off
to be fiar to him, why not -he never asked to leave
Old 09-07-07, 05:08 PM   #60
Warren
Not Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveheighwayrobbery View Post
He never wanted to leave and only spoke to West Ham after it was made clear he would be well down the pecking order.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 09-07-07, 06:18 PM   #61
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveheighwayrobbery View Post
We should just quote grounds for selling where gross misconduct and tell the little man with big chip on shoulder syndrome twat to blow it up his arse.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 09:37 AM   #62
DeeGame
Paisley

West Ham finalise Bellamy switch

Bellamy fell down the pecking order at Liverpool after Fernando Torres arrived

West Ham have completed the signing of striker Craig Bellamy from Liverpool for a club record 7.5m.
The 27-year-old Wales captain has signed a five-year contract.

Bellamy spent just one season at Liverpool and has left the Anfield club after their summer signings of forwards Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin.

The ex-Norwich, Coventry and Newcastle striker had joined Liverpool from Blackburn for 6m and scored nine goals in 42 appearances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport

Take the golf clubs with you
Old 10-07-07, 09:54 AM   #63
The_weatherman
Smug

I just tried to sell him in my FM game and got the same shit from him, I sold him to Villa but he refused to go unless I paid the difference in wages until 2010 - greedy c*nt!

Last edited by The_weatherman; 10-07-07 at 10:04 AM.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 10:01 AM   #64
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

From the beeb:

West Ham have completed the signing of striker Craig Bellamy from Liverpool for a club record £7.5m
Old 10-07-07, 10:05 AM   #65
Mumsafan
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation View Post
From the beeb:

West Ham have completed the signing of striker Craig Bellamy from Liverpool for a club record 7.5m
Old 10-07-07, 10:12 AM   #66
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Bye Craig.
Old 10-07-07, 10:15 AM   #67
kop-al-74
Dalglish

Wasn't best pleased when we signed but supported him all the same.As i would any player who wears our shirt.

Good bit of business on our part,actually making money on a player.

He must really be kicking himself tho deepdown,as this was a great oppertunity for him to just get his head down,stop moaning and attracting the wrong headlines.Some people you can only help so much,they need to help themselves aswell.

You can take a horse to water and all that!

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

Bill Shankly.
kop-al-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 10:47 AM   #68
El Diego
Dalglish

I supported him when he was here but know he's gone I am delighted. Crap player who had one lucky season last year with Rovers and even then didn't get 20 goals. Close the door as you leave Craig
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 10:48 AM   #69
red g
Paisley

whats great about rafa, is he realises his mistakes and doesnt carry on flogging a dead horse.
Old 10-07-07, 10:50 AM   #70
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
whats great about rafa, is he realises his mistakes and doesnt carry on flogging a dead horse.
he'd probably have shot Cheyrou after his first games!
Old 10-07-07, 10:51 AM   #71
kop-al-74
Dalglish

Quote:
Totally agree.I think that was one Geds problems.Kept faith in players that were obviously just not good enough.

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

Bill Shankly.
Old 10-07-07, 10:53 AM   #72
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Best of luck to him
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Red Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 10:55 AM   #73
kop-al-74
Dalglish

From west ham site:

Craig Bellamy admits that he was persuaded to leave behind Champions League football at Liverpool after seeing the drive and ambition on display at West Ham United.

The Welsh international captain finally completed his 7.5million transfer from Anfield this morning after several days of speculation and, in his first exclusive interview as a Hammers player, expressed his delight at making the move.

"I'm delighted to be here," he says. "It's taken a little bit longer than I would have liked but the main thing is that it is done now and I can look forward to the challenge ahead.

"I knew around two weeks ago that there was an opportunity for me to head away from Liverpool, but I had to make sure that any move was the right one for me and not just an off the cuff reaction.

"I had a lot to weigh up, and in the end I decided that West Ham United was the best move for me, and that's why I'm sitting here now.

"I wanted to make sure that, if I left Liverpool, it would be to a club that is going to be pushing for Europe. I want to play in Europe, it's important to me, and I felt that same drive and ambition here at West Ham.

"Obviously it would be nave of me to say that we are going to qualify for the Champions League next season, but that's one thing we are really going to be pushing for here in the future.

"The Club is looking to strengthen what is already a very good squad, and West Ham are renowned for their open and attacking football, so everything is perfect for me."

Having helped Liverpool reach the Champions League final last season - with the likes of Barcelona, PSV Eindhoven and Chelsea dispatched along the way - Craig is certainly no stranger to performing at the very highest level in club football.

However, just as it was for his former Blackburn Rovers team-mate Lucas Neill in January, the potential to be an integral part of something big at Upton Park is a far more attractive proposition than some cynics might claim.

"I had a great experience at Liverpool and I believe West Ham will benefit this year, because I know I am a better player for it," he says.

"I supported Liverpool as a boy and would have had the chance to play Champions League football again next season, but I needed to look beyond that, in the same way that Lucas Neill did when he came here.

"I understood Lucas's position. If he'd joined Liverpool, he would have been a squad player, like I was. Some people don't understand it, but the opportunity to be a senior figure at an ambitious club like West Ham is very attractive.

"It was important for me to start playing regular football. I could sit at Liverpool as a squad player all day long, picking up my money, playing every now and then, but I'd be cheating myself and my personality.

"I want to play every week, to test myself and be in the firing line a little bit. I've signed a five-year contract here, and I will be here for the long term. I've moved around a bit in recent years, and now I want to settle.

"I'm 28 later this week and hopefully approaching the prime years of my career. I believe West Ham are going to see the best of me, I'm focusing on giving my all for the Club and I'm really looking to the challenge ahead."

Bill Shankly.
Old 10-07-07, 11:08 AM   #74
El Diego
Dalglish

Rafa is God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 11:10 AM   #75
Yozza
Shankly

Makes a change - a player leaving a club & not slagging them off....

He always did say he was a Red though.... Best of luck Bellers you Bellend.
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 11:15 AM   #76
kop-al-74
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post

I think we have to wait until the weekend to see if he spits out his dummy in the sunday papers.

Hope not.

Bill Shankly.
Old 10-07-07, 11:18 AM   #77
red g
Paisley

at least he hasnt slagged the club off, i reckon rafa and him made a deal what to say as according tot he article he could have stayed at liverpool and i dont believe that for one minute!!
Old 10-07-07, 11:25 AM   #78
Charlie_B
Benitez

Woop woop.

It's also nice to see other sides spending silly fees on average players to our advantage
Charlie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 11:46 AM   #79
Finnish_Red
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post

Old 10-07-07, 12:12 PM   #80
redlancer
Fagan

Quote:
can't help becasue we had to trigger the getout clause before end of june last year this might of been a year to prove yourself and what's happened is what both parties thought would

We got 2 strikers in Fowler and Bellamy last year for the cost of wages in effect.

Well played Rafa.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC