It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 03-10-16, 06:55 PM   #6321
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
Great retirement tweet

Boxing is the saddest thing I ever took part in, all a pile of shit, I'm the greatest, & I'm also retired, so go suck a dick, happy days.😀😀😀

Ps has he not retired before? or was it just threats.
He's a thick idiot but that made me laugh
Old 03-10-16, 08:56 PM   #6322
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
He's a thick idiot but that made me laugh
Me too
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-16, 09:58 PM   #6323
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Bloody hell

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...anymore-boxing
Old 04-10-16, 10:04 PM   #6324
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Ever since I got a bit of fame for doing good there’s been a witch hunt on me because of my background, because of who I am and what I do, there’s hatred for travellers and gypsies around the world
Personally Tyson, I couldn't give a fuck what your heritage/nationality/ethnicity is. I don't like you because you're a fucking bigot who uses his religion as a justification for hating people.
Old 04-10-16, 11:50 PM   #6325
Liverpool
Paisley

is he using all this mental illness to cover for his drug taking? difficult to not be cynical with him
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 07:26 AM   #6326
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Sad

I know I am in the minority but I'm a fan of Fury. Yes, he has said some very controversial things but I wouldn't wish depression on anyone. I hope he overcomes this and gets all the support he needs.
Old 05-10-16, 08:14 AM   #6327
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Personally Tyson, I couldn't give a fuck what your heritage/nationality/ethnicity is. I don't like you because you're a fucking bigot who uses his religion as a justification for hating people.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
is he using all this mental illness to cover for his drug taking? difficult to not be cynical with him
It is difficult but when someone's talking like that I don't think you can afford to be dismissive.
Old 05-10-16, 09:04 AM   #6328
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Perhaps when he manages to sort himself out he can approach life with a tolerance that he clearly believes he deserves himself. It is difficult to feel sympathy for the abuse he encounters when that's what he dishes out himself.

Seems like he should take himself out of the spotlight. And I've no idea why he would be in Twitter if that is what he is receiving.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 04:24 PM   #6329
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 06:15 PM   #6330
Gibbo
Like a boss

It's gonna be Haye.
Old 05-10-16, 06:50 PM   #6331
labourRed
Shankly

I don't want Haye to even get a shot. It should be Joseph Parker IMO and I was quite looking forward to that one.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 08:48 PM   #6332
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus50bucks View Post
Sad

I know I am in the minority but I'm a fan of Fury. Yes, he has said some very controversial things but I wouldn't wish depression on anyone. I hope he overcomes this and gets all the support he needs.
I'm quite confused over the whole Fury issue, if he has Bi Polar, then every daft or angry outburst he has is because of that condition right ?

So how can he be blamed for any of it by anyone?

Believe me i've called him a prick many a time, but it just dawned on me, that maybe it's just not his fault, at all.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 11:20 PM   #6333
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
I'm quite confused over the whole Fury issue, if he has Bi Polar, then every daft or angry outburst he has is because of that condition right ?

Believe me i've called him a prick many a time, but it just dawned on me, that maybe it's just not his fault, at all.

No, every single outburst or daft/ignorant comment could not be attributed to the condition.

Some of his highs and lows would be attributed to it, some irritable or reactive outbursts would be linked to it, a lot of his saying what he should have kept private would be down to it, but his actual world views and opinions could not all be blamed on the condition.

The condition, if he is afflicted with it, would make him more prone to outbursts and saying what he thinks in a rash manner, but it would not be the be all and end all reason as to WHY he holds certain views.

Have to be honest though and say that I hope he turns out to be just a complete and utter dickhead who has some horrible opinions because the alternative is that the guy has potentially some serious mental issues and I would not wish that on anyone nor would I wish the stigma that people with such issues face on him.
Old 05-10-16, 11:23 PM   #6334
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:

No, that's a cop-out. If he has depression then his feelings and emotions may be as a result of his condition, and he deserves our sympathy and support for that, but he's still responsible for his actions.

It explains but doesn't excuse. And in any case, I'm personally not entirely convinced that he's not using this as a convenient way of attempting to explain away serious doping charges given the timing of this bi-polar "revelation".
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 07:11 AM   #6335
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

The Eubank snr and jim McDonnell impersonations
Old 06-10-16, 08:27 AM   #6336
Tee
El Pistolero

The Asian rude boys aka Khans Army
Old 06-10-16, 09:08 AM   #6337
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
No, every single outburst or daft/ignorant comment could not be attributed to the condition.

Some of his highs and lows would be attributed to it, some irritable or reactive outbursts would be linked to it, a lot of his saying what he should have kept private would be down to it, but his actual world views and opinions could not all be blamed on the condition.

The condition, if he is afflicted with it, would make him more prone to outbursts and saying what he thinks in a rash manner, but it would not be the be all and end all reason as to WHY he holds certain views.

Have to be honest though and say that I hope he turns out to be just a complete and utter dickhead who has some horrible opinions because the alternative is that the guy has potentially some serious mental issues and I would not wish that on anyone nor would I wish the stigma that people with such issues face on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvoboy View Post
No, that's a cop-out. If he has depression then his feelings and emotions may be as a result of his condition, and he deserves our sympathy and support for that, but he's still responsible for his actions.

It explains but doesn't excuse. And in any case, I'm personally not entirely convinced that he's not using this as a convenient way of attempting to explain away serious doping charges given the timing of this bi-polar "revelation".
Fair enough, was just something that came to mind when i was about to slag him off, felt a bit guilty tbh, good to have it made clearer
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 10:32 AM   #6338
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Fair enough, was just something that came to mind when i was about to slag him off, felt a bit guilty tbh, good to have it made clearer

Had and have some battles in recent years with depression, and I know what it is like to be a nightmare for others. I was a mix of withdrawing from people and pushing people away. Pretty much a self destructive mess who was trying to hide my issues and deflect/project onto others rather than being able to seek help or accept help.

calvoboy absolutely nailed it when he said

Quote:
It explains but doesn't excuse.

From my own experience, what I was going through explained a lot of my own actions and reactions, but it certainly did not excuse most of them and it took me time to figure that one out and own the responsibility for my actions.

If Fury is suffering from any type of depression then I have nothing but empathy for him because it would be made far far worse imho through being in the public spotlight, but his own family seem to be either enabling him or making his excuses for him with the attempts they are making to push the blame onto others.

If the man needs help, then they are doing him no favours by making excuses and through blaming the media and public for every one of his outbursts. All that does is feed the monster and could push the man even further back.

He also would be making matters worse with regular drug usage and his background would possibly be another thing that would make such a struggle even more difficult for him. He also does not come across as the most intelligent of blokes. So if he does suffer from a form of depression the guy would have even more of an uphill struggle than a lot of folk imo.

I have no idea what exactly is up with Fury, he could have issues going on that genuinely need help and structure (once he is ready to for it) or he could be an arsehole who is looking for excuses when there is a backlash to racist, sexist and bigoted views. I said yesterday I hope it is a case that he is just a prick of a person with nasty views because that would mean he does not have mental struggles and I still stand by that as I would not wish it upon him.

One thing I do strongly believe is that the guy needs to try to find a way ( or his people need to find a way for him) to stay out of the public spotlight for a bit so that he has a chance to take a step back and re-evaluate his life, his approach, his public statements etc., be it as someone who needs the right sort of help or be it as someone who has been found out to be an utter prick.

But to return to your point about feeling guilty about thinking a certain way about his public expression of views or how he has acted towards others.

Don't. Being bipolar (as that is what Fury has said) does not mean you suddenly become unaccountable for all of your words and actions. It means that you will need more consideration shown towards you at times, but it does not give you a pass to say and do what you please at all times and then expect not to have to own some of the consequences.
Old 06-10-16, 11:28 AM   #6339
Angryred
Dalglish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Had and have some battles in recent years with depression, and I know what it is like to be a nightmare for others. I was a mix of withdrawing from people and pushing people away. Pretty much a self destructive mess who was trying to hide my issues and deflect/project onto others rather than being able to seek help or accept help.

calvoboy absolutely nailed it when he said

From my own experience, what I was going through explained a lot of my own actions and reactions, but it certainly did not excuse most of them and it took me time to figure that one out and own the responsibility for my actions.

If Fury is suffering from any type of depression then I have nothing but empathy for him because it would be made far far worse imho through being in the public spotlight, but his own family seem to be either enabling him or making his excuses for him with the attempts they are making to push the blame onto others.

If the man needs help, then they are doing him no favours by making excuses and through blaming the media and public for every one of his outbursts. All that does is feed the monster and could push the man even further back.

He also would be making matters worse with regular drug usage and his background would possibly be another thing that would make such a struggle even more difficult for him. He also does not come across as the most intelligent of blokes. So if he does suffer from a form of depression the guy would have even more of an uphill struggle than a lot of folk imo.

I have no idea what exactly is up with Fury, he could have issues going on that genuinely need help and structure (once he is ready to for it) or he could be an arsehole who is looking for excuses when there is a backlash to racist, sexist and bigoted views. I said yesterday I hope it is a case that he is just a prick of a person with nasty views because that would mean he does not have mental struggles and I still stand by that as I would not wish it upon him.

One thing I do strongly believe is that the guy needs to try to find a way ( or his people need to find a way for him) to stay out of the public spotlight for a bit so that he has a chance to take a step back and re-evaluate his life, his approach, his public statements etc., be it as someone who needs the right sort of help or be it as someone who has been found out to be an utter prick.

But to return to your point about feeling guilty about thinking a certain way about his public expression of views or how he has acted towards others.

Don't. Being bipolar (as that is what Fury has said) does not mean you suddenly become unaccountable for all of your words and actions. It means that you will need more consideration shown towards you at times, but it does not give you a pass to say and do what you please at all times and then expect not to have to own some of the consequences.
Aye, hit the nail on the head with this!
Old 07-10-16, 11:18 PM   #6340
spud_gun
Paisley

Boxing's bent as fuck.

Ricky Burns just got an absolute gift tonight. 118 - 110 on one of the judges scorecards. His opponent easily won the first two and last three rounds of the fight.
Old 08-10-16, 07:59 AM   #6341
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

And Dillian Whyte v Ian 'Tubby 'Lewison ...what a farce that was and it took Whyte 10 rounds to win
Old 08-10-16, 08:50 AM   #6342
spud_gun
Paisley

I guess it shows that Joshua is carrying glass.

Whyte hasn't looked remotely like rocking any of his past two domestic opponents but had Joshua doing a fair impression of Bambi on ice
Old 08-10-16, 09:09 AM   #6343
RichC
Meh

Does it ?

Didn't Fury get stuck on his arse by a cruiser ? Surely he's "carrying glass" then
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 09:19 AM   #6344
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
I guess it shows that Joshua is carrying glass.

Whyte hasn't looked remotely like rocking any of his past two domestic opponents but had Joshua doing a fair impression of Bambi on ice
TBH i thought Joshua took what Whyte dished out well.
Old 08-10-16, 01:34 PM   #6345
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Don't think it tells us anything about Joshua's punch resistance tbh in terms of him having weak whiskers or not.

The only thing we do know is that Whyte landed against Joshua and Joshua was able to go on to win by KO. What that fight did suggest is that stamina rather than weak whiskers might, just might, be Joshua's weakness.

For me Heavyweights have to be judged a little bit differently to other weights when it comes to punching power and punch resistance. Thanks to their size and training most heavyweights can hit hard and on a given day a competent professional heavyweight can land the sort of punch that can stagger, but maybe not stop, most other fighters in the division.

Sure there are heavies that bring ridiculous power to the table, and then there are the so called light punchers (who in reality still hit with the sort of force one would expect from trained fighters weighing on average 16 stone or more), but it is a division where sheer size will see a greater chance of average fighters being able to stagger/stun/rock the better fighters, even if only for a moment, during a bout.

My own suspicion is that Joshua has a pretty average level of punch resistance for a heavyweight, which is not a knock, the sort of resistance that should serve him well against all save the sort of heavyweight that is top tier and the division does not have any top tier level guys in it anymore for my money.

I reckon there are two fighters in the top ten right now that I would fancy to be able to spark Joshua if they landed clean and if one of them is not as faded as he looked in his last fight.

Wilder and Wlad.

But if Wlad is as faded as he looked then I would fancy Joshua to have at least a 50/50 chance against him if not better.

Wilder I think is a little be more savvy in the ring than Joshua at present and I think he is faster, but it would be very interesting to see them find out as to which of them has serious power and which one does not. Think I would probably lean at present towards Wilder but not as much as I would have a year ago. Is probably just a shade away from being a 50/50 fight right now, probably a 55/45 in favour of Wilder if I was forced to pick one of them.

Outside of those two I think that pretty much the rest of the top 10 to top 15 is very beatable for Joshua and that few there would even come close to being seen as a 50/50 rival for him on form.

Fury I have left out because of his issues, but if it were the Fury of the Wlad fight and maybe the two fights before that then I would favour him over Joshua as he would be able to spoil and break up Joshua's rhythm.
Old 08-10-16, 01:42 PM   #6346
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Does it ?

Didn't Fury get stuck on his arse by a cruiser ? Surely he's "carrying glass" then
Eh? What's Fury got to do with this?
Old 08-10-16, 01:44 PM   #6347
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
TBH i thought Joshua took what Whyte dished out well.
Good for you.
Old 08-10-16, 03:56 PM   #6348
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Good for you.
Old 08-10-16, 04:49 PM   #6349
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Eh? What's Fury got to do with this?
Well you take every chance to pop at Joshua why not use the same criteria for that clown. Got dropped by a cruiser must have a glass jaw
Old 08-10-16, 04:57 PM   #6350
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Well you take every chance to pop at Joshua why not use the same criteria for that clown. Got dropped by a cruiser must have a glass jaw
Every chance? eh.....alright??

John Ruiz got dropped several times by a cruiser. Deffo didn't have a glass chin.

Holy field got TKOd by a middleweight. Fairly sure he also didn't have a glass jaw.

Last edited by spud_gun; 08-10-16 at 05:01 PM.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 06:02 PM   #6351
RichC
Meh

And yet because Whyte landed a few on Joshua he must....... cracking logic
Old 08-10-16, 06:11 PM   #6352
spud_gun
Paisley

Whyte wobbled Joshua.
He hasn't looked close to wobbling any of his next two opponents post Joshua. Hardly a leap of faith to suggest that Joshua may be carrying glass.

But still something something Tyson Fury....
Old 08-10-16, 07:07 PM   #6353
RichC
Meh

All boxers get wobbled especially at heavyweight it's a huge leap to then say he's carrying glass.
Old 08-10-16, 07:55 PM   #6354
spud_gun
Paisley

Whyte last two opponents weren't wobbled
Old 08-10-16, 08:48 PM   #6355
fidget
Dalglish

Quote:
Whyte last two opponents weren't wobbled
You need to give your head a wobble
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-16, 11:11 AM   #6356
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
You need to give your head a wobble
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-16, 04:42 PM   #6357
spud_gun
Paisley

oh sorry didn't realise this place doubled as the Anthony 'Iron Chin' Joshua fan club.
Old 09-10-16, 09:16 PM   #6358
fidget
Dalglish

Quote:
oh sorry didn't realise this place doubled as the Anthony 'Iron Chin' Joshua fan club.
No it's the "chat shit get wobbled" club and you just got wobbled
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-16, 10:33 PM   #6359
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
No it's the "chat shit get wobbled" club and you just got wobbled
I did? How so?
Old 13-10-16, 07:02 AM   #6360
RichC
Meh

Fury vacates titles. For the best at the moment as he's clearly got a few issues to work out.

I wonder if they'll strip him of his license

est1892 > General > General Sports