It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 11-11-18, 12:23 AM   #8241
Zapater
Dalglish

Beauty. Can't believe how the Sky commentary team started believing their own BS.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-18, 12:24 AM   #8242
rodo
Shankly

boom
Old 11-11-18, 12:24 AM   #8243
Zapater
Dalglish

Got to love Paulie telling it how it is.
Old 11-11-18, 12:25 AM   #8244
spud_gun
Paisley

One scorecard has Bellew up by 3 going into the 7th
Old 11-11-18, 12:26 AM   #8245
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
One scorecard has Bellew up by 3 going into the 7th
Was close because Bellew won quite a few of the earlier rounds but it was alwas going this way. Usyk was composed as hell and turned it, just rode out the rounds which weren't quite going his way.
Old 11-11-18, 12:27 AM   #8246
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Flopped him there.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-18, 12:27 AM   #8247
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Got to love Paulie telling it how it is.
Paulie is fuckin ace. SHove your bias up your arse

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-18, 12:43 AM   #8248
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Ya see, that's what happens when you wear Lonsdales
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-18, 12:48 AM   #8249
red g
Paisley

and u support everton

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-18, 01:14 AM   #8250
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

That was great. Bellew put up a much better effort than I expected tbh, but Usyk is something else. That right jab to set up the huge left was lovely. Goodnight Tony you cunt. All that showboating he did too. LOOOOOOOOL. Wear it Bellew ya fuckin gobshite.
Old 11-11-18, 01:32 AM   #8251
Zapater
Dalglish

On a slightly more serious note, not that I'm Karius or anything, but I'm pretty sure Bellew has a concussion. Hope he gets checked properly. A bit concerning that they let him wonder around repeating himself, rubbing and kissing people for so long. I know his 'normal' behaviour is unusual but he did seem a bit off. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
That was great. Bellew put up a much better effort than I expected tbh, but Usyk is something else. That right jab to set up the huge left was lovely. Goodnight Tony you cunt. All that showboating he did too. LOOOOOOOOL. Wear it Bellew ya fuckin gobshite.
Great jab, snapped his head back completely. Bellew was exhausted at that point, done, even a well timed shot without much on it would've buckled him. the showboating and shouting in the early rounds really appears ridiculous now.

Usyk is special though, won his last 7 fights on the road with 6 of them being in his opponents backyard. Only the Mchunu (who is a very talented fighter) was on neutral ground in the States.
Old 11-11-18, 08:53 AM   #8252
rodo
Shankly

that post fight interview should deffo have been cut short as clearly he was all over the place although made up to see him put on his arse good style
Old 11-11-18, 10:15 AM   #8253
Zapater
Dalglish

He seemed much better in the post fight press conference, so probably just confused and in mild shock from the volume of punches in those last couple of rounds.

I'm a bit relieved he didn't do a Biscan, because his cock was perilously close to making an appearance the way that he went down.
Old 11-11-18, 10:48 AM   #8254
pezzzer
Sony ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Couldnt put that better mate
At least he can recover on his setee whilst watching Everton take a similar pasting today
ps3 fanclub member#1
sony will win the console war.
pezzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-18, 08:05 AM   #8255
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

I know John Fury isn't everyone's cup of a tea but I actually like listening to his interviews. He's a straight talking guy. This is a really good honest interview imo.

I can't wait until next weekend. I just hope Fury will upset the odds again and pull it off
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-18, 10:41 AM   #8256
Zapater
Dalglish

He's definitely the best of the Fury's by some way. Regardless, I don't have much time for any of them.

I have zero and I reiterate zero interest in this fight. I hate the priority given to heavyweights, particularly when they're so limited. At least Chisora and Whyte has some needle. Just overall strange with Chisora teaming up with David Haye now. Some strange developments in the boxing landscape.

Spence Jr vs Mikey Garcia next year is going to be a cracker. I can't wait for it. Now that's a fight worth watching. I'm picking Spence, but it could go either way.

The Pacquiao - Broner one is just altogether weird. I wish Manny would retire and Broner is hardly relevant in the current scheme of things.

Jean Pascal in action later against Bivol. Could be an interesting one if Pascal can roll back the years. Over the hill but still decent enough. Adonis Stevenson is back next week too on the subject of light heavies. So some decent scraps in the next couple of weeks.
Old 24-11-18, 01:07 PM   #8257
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

As talented as Garcia is, he is just too small for Spence. He'll either get stopped in the latter rounds or he'll lose convincingly on points imo. It's a shame the likes of Thurman want no part of Spence. I actually hope we see a Crawford v Spence fight in 2019.
Old 24-11-18, 02:19 PM   #8258
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus50bucks View Post
As talented as Garcia is, he is just too small for Spence. He'll either get stopped in the latter rounds or he'll lose convincingly on points imo. It's a shame the likes of Thurman want no part of Spence. I actually hope we see a Crawford v Spence fight in 2019.

Think Crawford is easily a level above Spence tbh. Spence is a good boxer, maybe very good, but Crawford is a genuine world class fighter.
Old 24-11-18, 08:09 PM   #8259
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Crawford, definitely looks a class act. I came across this the other day.

Old 24-11-18, 11:59 PM   #8260
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
He's definitely the best of the Fury's by some way. Regardless, I don't have much time for any of them.

I have zero and I reiterate zero interest in this fight. I hate the priority given to heavyweights, particularly when they're so limited. At least Chisora and Whyte has some needle. Just overall strange with Chisora teaming up with David Haye now. Some strange developments in the boxing landscape.

Spence Jr vs Mikey Garcia next year is going to be a cracker. I can't wait for it. Now that's a fight worth watching. I'm picking Spence, but it could go either way.

The Pacquiao - Broner one is just altogether weird. I wish Manny would retire and Broner is hardly relevant in the current scheme of things.

Jean Pascal in action later against Bivol. Could be an interesting one if Pascal can roll back the years. Over the hill but still decent enough. Adonis Stevenson is back next week too on the subject of light heavies. So some decent scraps in the next couple of weeks.

Fury is 20st ballet dancer in the ring.

I can't wait for the fight next week and i hope it christ we're going to get another Fury masterclass and it's not a cash out fight by his camp.

The Fury who fought Wlad will dance rings round the Wilder who is an extremely limited boxer.
Old 25-11-18, 08:34 AM   #8261
Zapater
Dalglish

Fury has no power. I don't find his style entertaining at all either. He boxed an excellent fight against Wlad but it was exciting as watching paint dry. Each to their own but Fury for me adds nothing to the sport. Much like the heavyweight division.
Old 25-11-18, 08:36 AM   #8262
Zapater
Dalglish

Agree on Crawford btw. Right up there with Loma and the gang for the top p4p spots. The fact he can switch hit is just the icing on the cake.
Old 25-11-18, 12:40 PM   #8263
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Agree on Crawford btw. Right up there with Loma and the gang for the top p4p spots. The fact he can switch hit is just the icing on the cake.

He is number one on the P4P list for me. No real weaknesses and he is outstanding in sso many departments.

His switch hitting is just so smooth, just seemless at times. Would rate him the best in the world at it at present, and the list of guys that I have seen better at it in my lifetime is a very short list.

Hagler was the best switch hitter I have ever seen operating at the highest level, and in the modern era the two best I have seen are Andre Ward and Terrence Crawford.

Uysk is a pretty good switch hitter too for a big guy, but nowhere near as smooth as the three names above.

Can think of other guys that were really good silky smooth switch hitters, but they did not excel at the highest level so am discounting them from my thinking.
Old 25-11-18, 12:59 PM   #8264
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Funnily enough I think that switch hitting may be key to Fury getting a result against Wilder. Not saying Fury is a master of switch hitting but he is pretty capable for a heavyweight and Wilder seems to get thrown off a bit when an opponent switch hits or feints a switch. He was caught a few times clean against Ortiz that way.

Of course that then brings in the question of Fury's power and for me he has very very average stopping power for a big man.

It is a fight that is more a curiousity than an essential fight imho. I am expecting an ugly borefest if Fury can implement his game plan (well what I expect of him anyway) of trying to smother the life out of the fight (which I suspect will happen for most of the duration of the fight).

I have often lamented the quality, or rather lack of, in the heavyweight division and this fight is very much an example of that.

We have one guy, a world champion no less, who is still a bit of an unproven commodity despite having 40 wins to his name. His best wins coming against a 38 or 39 year old Ortiz ( a decent heavyweight) and Stiverne ( a guy that would be seen a record padding fodder 20 years ago). The rest of his record is made up of names that are swaying between the lowest level needed to be regarded as bang average to just plain awful.

Fury's record is a bit better than that of Wilder, thanks to the obvious name being of Klitschko ( Klitschko being oddly gun shy that night but am crediting Fury for causing that) and his next best wins being those over Chisora. Think it is safe to say that the rest of his record is mostly made up of shameless padding a la Wilder's record.
Old 25-11-18, 03:41 PM   #8265
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Surprised you didn't mention Nas as being a very good switch hitter. He's right up there, no doubt about it imo. In fact ingles fighters had this in their locker with their unconventional style.
Old 25-11-18, 05:32 PM   #8266
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus50bucks View Post
Surprised you didn't mention Nas as being a very good switch hitter. He's right up there, no doubt about it imo. In fact ingles fighters had this in their locker with their unconventional style.

He was able to fight orthodox or southpaw and switch between them during fights, but he never came close to being Hagler level at switch hitting and would not have him in the same ballpark for it as Crawford or Ward either.

Hamed was good, maybe very good, but certainly not elite level as a boxer nor as a switch hitter. Prime Hagler was elite level at it. So was Ward, and Crawford is up there too.

In terms of British fighters, Junior Witter was probably a smoother and cleaner switch hitter than Hamed in terms of sheer technique, but he is not getting within an ass's roar of any best at switch hitting list of mine either.
Old 28-11-18, 10:38 AM   #8268
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

His beard

He's actually looking in good shape (at least by his standards).

Do people think it'll be a good fight?

I've never watched a full Wilder fight only highlights, but he looks a scrappy fighter.

Fury is crafty and will no doubt make it tricky for him.

On paper to me it come be a dull one unless one of those big punches land.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 10:42 AM   #8269
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Darko View Post
As amusing as that it is, it's hardly a fair test. More shows the state of boxing. Fury thinks people know who he is, I really doubt most people on the street do. And if they have, it's more likely that they know about him for his alcohol/coke abuse than being familiar with him in the ring. Many people don't know who Oscar de la Hoya is, so it's not like it's a slight against the person.

Someone on here in the Social Media thread didn't even know who Joe Root was. If you don't follow the sport, the participants are peripheral unless they transcend their sport in some way or another.
Old 28-11-18, 12:36 PM   #8270
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

True. I suppose the point is that in the glory days lots of US boxers did transcend their sport: Ali, Tyson etc. They were sporting icons.

Right now it seems no-one in the US apart from the hardcore fans are interested in heavyweight boxing anymore.

It's far more popular here and Joshua and Fury (arguably for different reasons ) have definitely transcended the sport and became known outside of their sport.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 01:00 PM   #8271
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 28-11-18, 02:32 PM   #8272
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
His beard

He's actually looking in good shape (at least by his standards).

Do people think it'll be a good fight?

I've never watched a full Wilder fight only highlights, but he looks a scrappy fighter.

Fury is crafty and will no doubt make it tricky for him.

On paper to me it come be a dull one unless one of those big punches land.

Visually he looks to be in the best shape of his career. Now how much of that new look is gym built rather than cardio built is up for debate, but if the latter then he will have put himself in a position to grind out a result.

Don't think it will be a good fight to watch though unless one hurts the other early and it turns into a short lived shoot out. Am expecting an ugly mauling clinch filled bout where time feels like it has ceased to exist.

How game Wilder is will be key to whether or not it is entertaining. If Fury can get into his head and get him to turn a bit gun shy as happened with Wlad, then we get the bore fest. But I suspect Wilder is far less cerebral than Wlad in terms of his approach and won't be over thinking things before the bell rings.

As low calibre a heavyweight fight it is, compared to fights of years gone by, it is one where each guy's main strength is what the other guy is vunerable to.

Fury we know can be hurt and go down when hit by a semi decent hitter, and Wilder has problems with range against a guy who can switch hit and who clinches a lot.

So Wilder has the power to put Fury to sleep, and throws a lot of the punch that Fury often leaves himself very much open to ( the over head right). Plus Wilder is very undisciplined in how he throws so he often throws punches in from very unorthodox angles which is both a pro and con for him.

But Fury switch hits and fighters that do that seem to leave Wilder very flat footed at times and sees him taking a wide stance when throwing which very much affects his range and very much leaves Wilder open to a hook every time he gets his range wrong.

Fury is also a heavy bloke so I suspect we will see him clinch a hell of a lot, especially near the ropes, and use the big weight difference to sap Wilder's energy. Takes a lot of of the tank to have to keep pushing back an 18 or 19 stone man who is leaning on you constantly.

So is an interesting fight from that pov imo. But in terms of it being a classic heavyweight title bout, it is very much middle of the road to low quality.
Old 30-11-18, 11:33 AM   #8273
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Visually he looks to be in the best shape of his career. Now how much of that new look is gym built rather than cardio built is up for debate, but if the latter then he will have put himself in a position to grind out a result.

Don't think it will be a good fight to watch though unless one hurts the other early and it turns into a short lived shoot out. Am expecting an ugly mauling clinch filled bout where time feels like it has ceased to exist.

How game Wilder is will be key to whether or not it is entertaining. If Fury can get into his head and get him to turn a bit gun shy as happened with Wlad, then we get the bore fest. But I suspect Wilder is far less cerebral than Wlad in terms of his approach and won't be over thinking things before the bell rings.

As low calibre a heavyweight fight it is, compared to fights of years gone by, it is one where each guy's main strength is what the other guy is vunerable to.

Fury we know can be hurt and go down when hit by a semi decent hitter, and Wilder has problems with range against a guy who can switch hit and who clinches a lot.

So Wilder has the power to put Fury to sleep, and throws a lot of the punch that Fury often leaves himself very much open to ( the over head right). Plus Wilder is very undisciplined in how he throws so he often throws punches in from very unorthodox angles which is both a pro and con for him.

But Fury switch hits and fighters that do that seem to leave Wilder very flat footed at times and sees him taking a wide stance when throwing which very much affects his range and very much leaves Wilder open to a hook every time he gets his range wrong.

Fury is also a heavy bloke so I suspect we will see him clinch a hell of a lot, especially near the ropes, and use the big weight difference to sap Wilder's energy. Takes a lot of of the tank to have to keep pushing back an 18 or 19 stone man who is leaning on you constantly.

So is an interesting fight from that pov imo. But in terms of it being a classic heavyweight title bout, it is very much middle of the road to low quality.
As it goes, it's a boxing match, not a six pack competition. Which Fury would also lose too haha.

Pretty much spot on. Most probably will be a borefest. Confident Fury will have a similar gameplan to the Wlad fight. Work awkward angles, keep wilder off balance with quick shots so he can't load up or get off first.

Fury's fitness will be key though. I don't believe he can hurt Wilder with a single shot - so in the latter rounds I wonder how he'll hold up. Gym fit and fight fit are different entities. Clinching and leaning a lot will help his cause. Kill Wilder's legs.

----

Gvozdyk should be a represent a good challenge for Stevenson but he hasn't fought anyone of note, only a few gatekeepers. Good amateur pedigree and educated hook could provide some problems. But his upright Eastern European stance combined with his chin sticking out a bit when he presses could be his undoing as it's waiting for Stevenson to time him with a big left hand. Regardless, definitely my choice for fight of the weekend.
Old 30-11-18, 12:24 PM   #8274
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
As it goes, it's a boxing match, not a six pack competition. Which Fury would also lose too haha.

Pretty much spot on. Most probably will be a borefest. Confident Fury will have a similar gameplan to the Wlad fight. Work awkward angles, keep wilder off balance with quick shots so he can't load up or get off first.

Fury's fitness will be key though. I don't believe he can hurt Wilder with a single shot - so in the latter rounds I wonder how he'll hold up. Gym fit and fight fit are different entities. Clinching and leaning a lot will help his cause. Kill Wilder's legs.

----

Gvozdyk should be a represent a good challenge for Stevenson but he hasn't fought anyone of note, only a few gatekeepers. Good amateur pedigree and educated hook could provide some problems. But his upright Eastern European stance combined with his chin sticking out a bit when he presses could be his undoing as it's waiting for Stevenson to time him with a big left hand. Regardless, definitely my choice for fight of the weekend.

Was watching some of Wilder's fights last night and it left me feeling even more convinced that switch hitting against him is the way to go. The amount of times he gets tagged clean by left hooks and left crosses is quite high, and against Molina, just to name one, he was rocked quite badly by a left a couple of times after leaving his right side exposed.

It's almost amusing that the most glaring opening that each of them leaves plays to the other's best shot.

Fury has a habit of carrying his left very low at times and Wilder throws a mean over head right.

Wilder leaves his entire right side exposed a number of times in every fight and Fury has decent accuracy with his left hook.

If Fury had a big shot on him, he would be a big favourite in my eyes such is the frequency that Wilder leaves that right side exposed.

As for Stevenson - Gvozdyk. Gvozdyk has fought nobody at all of note, and Stevenson is 41 now.

Stevenson is the more talented of the two imo and has been in with a much higher calibre of fighter throughout his career, and for me he is the sort that is very calculated in terms of who he takes on.

On paper it should be another Stevenson win unless Gvozdyk has been doing a great job at hiding a few extra gears.
Old 30-11-18, 12:56 PM   #8275
spud_gun
Paisley

The big man has had a shave.

He's gonna dance like a ballerina for 12 rounds.

It's going to be a thing of beauty.
Old 30-11-18, 01:22 PM   #8276
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
The big man has had a shave.

He's gonna dance like a ballerina for 12 rounds.

It's going to be a thing of beauty.

Old 01-12-18, 12:12 PM   #8277
Vermilion
Shooterista

Wilders only grain of hope, this is what he'll be looking to do though..

Fury obviously a better boxer now,

edit: Just as daft though.

Last edited by Vermilion; 01-12-18 at 12:14 PM.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 12:15 PM   #8278
spud_gun
Paisley

Wilders gonna hit Fury with USS Cunningham?
Old 01-12-18, 01:20 PM   #8279
Vermilion
Shooterista

I mean he'll need to land that sort of punch to win this, don't see him out boxing Fury, unless Fury really disappoints on the night.

Last edited by Vermilion; 01-12-18 at 01:23 PM.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 02:38 PM   #8280
labourRed
Shankly

Wilder is giving away over 3stone. I'm not sure that's a good idea.

I might watch it from bed if i can be arsed, not paying for it though, fuck that.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports