It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 10-03-14, 10:30 PM   #2321
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Melon View Post
What's that supposed to mean dick nose?
I'm ginger or stupid or both? Oh, it's because I spelled little incorrectly?

Useless afterbirth keyboard warrior cnut
Old 10-03-14, 10:36 PM   #2322
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Who's the quiet reasonable chap being moderated?
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 10:40 PM   #2323
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
Who's the quiet reasonable chap being moderated?
dick nose - i mean fuck knows
Old 10-03-14, 11:03 PM   #2324
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I like this more aggressive and sweary tone. It's quite refreshing.
Old 10-03-14, 11:06 PM   #2325
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

It certainly beats the useless afterbirth keyboard warrior Canutes.
Old 10-03-14, 11:27 PM   #2326
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Quote:

Old 10-03-14, 11:38 PM   #2327
RoadEnd
Dalglish

Last edited by RoadEnd; 10-03-14 at 11:41 PM.
RoadEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 10:50 AM   #2328
kev776
Paisley

A teacher asks her students to discuss what their dads do for a living.

Little Mary says: "My Dad is a lawyer. He puts the bad guys in jail."

Little Jack says: "My Dad is a doctor. He makes all the sick people better."

All the kids in the class had their turn except Little Johnny. The teacher says: "Johnny, what does your Dad do?"

Johnny says: "My Dad is dead."

"I'm sorry to hear that, but what did he do before he died?"

"He turned blue, and shit on the carpet."
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 10:58 AM   #2329
Yozza
Shankly

Bloody hell Kev....

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 11:31 AM   #2330
kev776
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
Bloody hell Kev....
Poor/Bad Taste Jokes
Old 11-03-14, 11:37 AM   #2331
Yozza
Shankly

At least you did well moving away from the slavery / 'littel' hitler clown path

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 11:40 AM   #2332
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

Quote:
you what? so gays, lesbians, disabled, downs syndromes, Chinese, Indians and every other fucking denomination known to man or beast is ok for a joke, but heaven forbid someone mentions black people. you fucking littel Hitler clown
- Owned!
Old 11-03-14, 11:40 AM   #2333
kev776
Paisley

Blind Melon for Mod - he rocks !
Old 11-03-14, 11:23 PM   #2334
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

WTF has gone on here?
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 11:52 PM   #2335
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
Lets make this clear, Reece has deleted and quite rightly the "joke" sometimes jokes or comments get missed on the site that should be deleted but certainly "special needs" & "racist" type jokes are not tolerated on here; this might be the poor/bad taste joke section but it doesn't give a carte blanche to post things like that.

On another note just because you don't agree with the decision of a post being deleted doesn't allow you to then go and abuse them so please take that as a gentle warning not to do so.

Thanks.

Site Rules - http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/faq....ialneedsinsult

I kind of agree with Melon to be honest - or at least see his point. Its kind of ridiculous that some of the jokes in this thread are allowed but as soon as it flies close to the colour of someone's skin people are up in arms.

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest - there are jokes in this thread about shagging kids ffs, but that gets deleted.

Seriously need to bin the whole thread to save you guys the trouble of modding it.
Old 12-03-14, 12:14 AM   #2336
Gibbo
Like a boss

Fine line though innit Dave. Look at comedians like Frankie Boyle. Obviously some of the jokes are pretty taboo, sex with kids aint something to be joking about and may well be too much for some people. I reckon when being written if people may think they are "too" offensive slam em in spoiler tags.

I think the rules are pretty bang on at the minute, obviously some jokes may be missed, but I don't see a problem with some of the more offensive jokes. It is the point of the thread after all.
Old 12-03-14, 01:02 AM   #2337
baitman
Daddy day care

maybe we need two joke threads.
one for family friendly jokes, and another for all the 'others'.

once you post a joke in the 'other' section it just auto-deletes.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 08:45 AM   #2338
Darkon
Football Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
I kind of agree with Melon to be honest - or at least see his point. Its kind of ridiculous that some of the jokes in this thread are allowed but as soon as it flies close to the colour of someone's skin people are up in arms.

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest - there are jokes in this thread about shagging kids ffs, but that gets deleted.

Seriously need to bin the whole thread to save you guys the trouble of modding it.
I think it comes down to the fact that the mods hardly read this particular thread, as none of us enjoy it really. If something is missed it's most likely down to that. Most things removed are reported from the thread, and if there is something that includes what you say, then please do report it!!

We are unfortunatly not the perfect panopticon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Fine line though innit Dave. Look at comedians like Frankie Boyle. Obviously some of the jokes are pretty taboo, sex with kids aint something to be joking about and may well be too much for some people. I reckon when being written if people may think they are "too" offensive slam em in spoiler tags.

I think the rules are pretty bang on at the minute, obviously some jokes may be missed, but I don't see a problem with some of the more offensive jokes. It is the point of the thread after all.
Well kinda the answer above, as you say, it's a fine line. But there are some rules trying to outline what is acceptable, but there is always a grey zone.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 08:48 AM   #2339
Venton
Shankly

It was that bad. It was fucking awful. Wtf?
Old 12-03-14, 09:13 AM   #2340
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:

Wow.

What a facile comparison.
Old 12-03-14, 09:45 AM   #2341
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post

But Frankie Boyle is a cunt.

Tbh I don't go into this thread myself but was drawn into it by Melon's unlurking of himself in such a way as to embarrasss himself somewhat. It was a bad taste joke personified.

But generally speaking, if you think a bad taste joke is borderline, then it's probably best not to post it.

Or the mods could just save themselves the bother and nuke the thread.
Old 12-03-14, 09:47 AM   #2342
wiw
Paisley

Nuke the thread?

Old 12-03-14, 09:52 AM   #2343
dom9
Ant Pisser

Old 12-03-14, 09:57 AM   #2344
Darkon
Football Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
But Frankie Boyle is a cunt.

Tbh I don't go into this thread myself but was drawn into it by Melon's unlurking of himself in such a way as to embarrasss himself somewhat. It was a bad taste joke personified.

But generally speaking, if you think a bad taste joke is borderline, then it's probably best not to post it.

Or the mods could just save themselves the bother and nuke the thread.
Old 12-03-14, 10:18 AM   #2345
kev776
Paisley

Wuss, you don't have the balls to.
Old 12-03-14, 12:01 PM   #2346
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:

Bizarre.
Old 12-03-14, 12:44 PM   #2347
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
Wow.

What a facile comparison.
Yes "wow" thats just the fucking point isn't it. One ism is viwed as totally taboo ut abuse mockery based on gender, physical ability, sexuality, or paedophilia is tolerated.

Take a step back for a second and you might comprehend Im not justifying racism but questioning the double standards
Old 12-03-14, 01:01 PM   #2348
kev776
Paisley

A couple, both age 78, went to a sex therapist's office. The doctor asked, "What can I do for you?"

The man said, "Will you watch us have sex?"

The doctor looked puzzled, but agreed.

When the couple finished, the doctor said, "There's nothing wrong with the way you have sex," and charged them £50.

This happened several weeks in a row. The couple would make an appointment, have sex with no problems, pay the doctor, then leave.

Finally, the doctor asked, "Just exactly what are you trying to find out?"

"We're not trying to find out anything," the husband replied.
"She's married and we can't go to her house. I'm married and we can't go to my house. The Holiday Inn charges £90. The Hilton charges £108. We do it here for £50...and I get £43 back from BUPA
Old 12-03-14, 01:04 PM   #2349
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Yes "wow" thats just the fucking point isn't it. One ism is viwed as totally taboo ut abuse mockery based on gender, physical ability, sexuality, or paedophilia is tolerated.

Take a step back for a second and you might comprehend Im not justifying racism but questioning the double standards
Yes, I can see that's what you're trying to do. Not sure why you're assuming otherwise. Haven't accused anyone of justifying racism.

My point is that racist jokes can inadvertently lend genuine racists a feeling of acceptability to their views, and potentially create divisions within a community like this. Jokes about paedophilia, whilst distasteful, do not have quite that same issue. So the comparison is partial, inadequate. There is a difference and we should acknowledge it.

Not making any comment in terms of the joke posted here. Just to the implication that the two subject matters should be treated exactly the same.
Old 12-03-14, 01:24 PM   #2350
Alex
Administrator

Any jokes people find offensive and that are reported, are removed as a rule.

The aim of the site is to be as inclusive as possible. So if a joke offends, it does the opposite of that.

Mods tend not to come in this thread much, but when something reported we look in and remove it.

But we cant see everything, which is why reporting needs to happen from normal members too.

As a guide jokes about gender, physical ability, sexuality, or paedophilia are not usually tolerated. I can especially remember cases with quite large discussions on all of them here.
Old 12-03-14, 01:28 PM   #2351
Alex
Administrator

I dont know if its something that could be applied to this thread, but I tend to judge jokes by a certain standard in my own life. If a Joke attacks the person and their choices its fine. But if its something they cant help, then its off limits.

So Gender, Race, Sexuality, Disability are all off limits to me. Which is how I would mod the thread too.
Old 12-03-14, 01:29 PM   #2352
Darkon
Football Expert

Quote:

I think you need to look at the answers above and read the rules (again?) and you will find that it's not just racism that isn't acceptable, and the problem is rather that the mods are not a perfect panopticon and need the posts reported to act.
Old 12-03-14, 01:33 PM   #2353
baitman
Daddy day care

ageism http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/show...postcount=2348

even this;

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 01:38 PM   #2354
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
I think you need to look at the answers above and read the rules (again?) and you will find that it's not just racism that isn't acceptable, and the problem is rather that the mods are not a perfect panopticon and need the posts reported to act.
2 jokes about the one melon had deleted is one making light of Pistorious for having no legs. Barely a day goes by without Torres being ridiculed for being a ladyboy. Not sure reading rules will help me understand
Old 12-03-14, 01:43 PM   #2355
Alex
Administrator

If you think its offensive report it and the mods will look at it.
Old 12-03-14, 01:43 PM   #2356
Darkon
Football Expert

Quote:
2 jokes about the one melon had deleted is one making light of Pistorious for having no legs. Barely a day goes by without Torres being ridiculed for being a ladyboy. Not sure reading rules will help me understand
How about reporting them if you find them, or are offended by them? As said, we are a limited team of mods that are doing this voluntarily in our spare time and we can't possibly spot it all. We are reliant on the community to chip in, rather than making a fuss about when something is deleted that's against the rules.
Old 12-03-14, 02:13 PM   #2357
kev776
Paisley

The joke removed was about Blacks, not Pistorious I think or did I miss something.
Old 12-03-14, 02:39 PM   #2358
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I dont know if its something that could be applied to this thread, but I tend to judge jokes by a certain standard in my own life. If a Joke attacks the person and their choices its fine. But if its something they cant help, then its off limits.

So Gender, Race, Sexuality, Disability are all off limits to me. Which is how I would mod the thread too.
What about religion?

Old 12-03-14, 02:42 PM   #2359
Alex
Administrator

Its a grey area

But as long as it doesnt offend.
Old 12-03-14, 03:35 PM   #2360
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Its a grey area

But as long as it doesnt offend.
They should change the definition of Religion in the dictionary to this.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > Jokes, Links & Funnies