It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 06-12-13, 10:47 AM   #3921
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,133
Hes signed a 6 year contract too

SIX!

YEARS!

__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:49 AM   #3922
Lee
Chunder camel
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 31,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hes signed a 6 year contract too

SIX!

YEARS!



It's been a wonderful start to the season.

Seriously, no idea why they paid that sort of wedge for Fellaini. He's been one of the most overrated players in the PL for the last couple of seasons. 10m player at best.
__________________
I like Party Gran Belsay. She's lovely. She's a lovely woman.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:50 AM   #3923
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,133
I actually really like Fellaini

Not worth that amount of cash though.

Think he could do a decent job for us currently too.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:53 AM   #3924
Chazza
Des Lynam
 
Chazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,478


Good one Alex

Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:54 AM   #3925
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,133


Ive mugged myself right off.
__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:54 AM   #3926
Lee
Chunder camel
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 31,717
Not catching us out today my friend.
__________________
I like Party Gran Belsay. She's lovely. She's a lovely woman.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 11:03 AM   #3927
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hes signed a 6 year contract too

SIX!

YEARS!

That's the sickener. If Moysie gets the sack then he's instantly a very rich man. They need to be within touching points of 6th place I reckon all season which means decentish form or he'll get the heave ho in a damage limitation exercise.

If he can continue his Everton like form then 6th should be achievable
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 11:48 AM   #3928
James P
This week, I have been mostly holding on too long
 
James P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
That's the sickener. If Moysie gets the sack then he's instantly a very rich man. They need to be within touching points of 6th place I reckon all season which means decentish form or he'll get the heave ho in a damage limitation exercise.

If he can continue his Everton like form then 6th should be achievable
I have a bet with a Utd fan at work that they won't finish top three (took the bet at the start of the season). Think I might be collecting on that one.

I also have a bet with my father in law (a Palace season ticket holder) that Palace won't make it out of the bottom three for the rest of the season. I'm far less confident about that one now!
James P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 11:50 AM   #3929
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by James P View Post
I have a bet with a Utd fan at work that they won't finish top three (took the bet at the start of the season). Think I might be collecting on that one.

I also have a bet with my father in law (a Palace season ticket holder) that Palace won't make it out of the bottom three for the rest of the season. I'm far less confident about that one now!
It's close at the bottom and, although I expect Palace to go down, I think they'll win a couple and pop theirs heads out long enough for you to lose your bet

As for Utd, there's no chance they're better than City, Chelsea or Arsenal.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 12:56 PM   #3930
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
fellaini - he's a job doer - big brute, gives a bit of aggression and he's not that bad with the ball at his feet...

the issue is tho - when he is in a starting XI his size almost dictates how his team will play - we had it with crouch and carroll, even if you don't want to, you slowly automatically look for a high ball towards him as it's 'reliable/easy option'.

he is so wrong for united it's untrue, and it was shocking signing for the money paid, especially when you consider they needed a completely different type of centre of mid. Then when you remember the farce in signing him - could have got him cheaper a month earlier and had him the squad for pre-season.

I could understand moyes wanting someone he knew, a lot of managers do it - and if he'd picked up Fellaini for say 15m early on in the window, and then managed to sign a sneijder or fabregas type centre mid for 25m....then it would have been a decent move.

but fellaini as your big signing spunking that much money has just been hilarious.
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 12:58 PM   #3931
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
and the funny (tho slightly frustrating) thing is....Not only did Everton get a good bit of wedge, but it's actually helped them/martinez - cause it's allowed him to get rid of that lump and with it lose the dogs of war/long ball football and he's got a couple of proper footballers in midfield instead.
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 01:14 PM   #3932
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,396
aye
__________________
Update your signature Roboklopp
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 01:31 PM   #3933
Gibbo
Like a boss
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26,211
He took United shite midfield and made it worse.

Give it another season his best to defenders will regress even further

He's going to have to rely on Jonny Evans.

The saviour of his team is a nearly 30 year old Baines

Football
__________________
The times they are a changin'.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 01:40 PM   #3934
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
fellaini - he's a job doer - big brute, gives a bit of aggression and he's not that bad with the ball at his feet...

the issue is tho - when he is in a starting XI his size almost dictates how his team will play - we had it with crouch and carroll, even if you don't want to, you slowly automatically look for a high ball towards him as it's 'reliable/easy option'.

he is so wrong for united it's untrue, and it was shocking signing for the money paid, especially when you consider they needed a completely different type of centre of mid. Then when you remember the farce in signing him - could have got him cheaper a month earlier and had him the squad for pre-season.

I could understand moyes wanting someone he knew, a lot of managers do it - and if he'd picked up Fellaini for say 15m early on in the window, and then managed to sign a sneijder or fabregas type centre mid for 25m....then it would have been a decent move.

but fellaini as your big signing spunking that much money has just been hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
and the funny (tho slightly frustrating) thing is....Not only did Everton get a good bit of wedge, but it's actually helped them/martinez - cause it's allowed him to get rid of that lump and with it lose the dogs of war/long ball football and he's got a couple of proper footballers in midfield instead.
Sent these comments to a mate who is a ST holder at the Toiltet & his response was "Perfectly written. Couldn't agree more."

__________________
Update your signature Roboklopp
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 02:28 PM   #3935
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
making me famous

send him this one as well

"you're all a bunch of cunts"

__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 02:36 PM   #3936
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
He took United shite midfield and made it worse.

Give it another season his best to defenders will regress even further

He's going to have to rely on Jonny Evans.

The saviour of his team is a nearly 30 year old Baines

Football
i had a little look on redcafe - they were 'rating' their squad - where they are weak, where they need improving

apparently Jonny Evans is the best centre back in the league


Baines - good player, very good player but at 30, he doesn't really address any problems

in fact from what i've seen of United, Rooney aside Evra has been their most consistent player - so it's not going to really address their problems

as i've said in this thread before - their big problem is the age

evra
ferdinand
vidic
carrick
giggs
van persie

6 key starting players - 30+

all play a major part, all will need replacing with quality, and none of them have any resale value to help them raise funds to find the quality replacements

other issues - they missed out on every top player they went for - whether it's down to not having the cash or it being a 'ploy' to please the fans or they just got turned down we might not know - but it's got to be a worry for them when they are the champions and can't sign the calibre needed to stay there.

i won't write them off yet - i still think they have enough about them to play a part this season - but it will be in spite of moyes not because of him
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:01 PM   #3937
Alex
Administrator
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,133
Moyes getting all snippy in the press conference.

Got asked if he thought it was a bad night on Wednesday? He said.....'In what way?

'Well in that you lost, David'

'Yes'

__________________
*Except Michael, who died.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:15 PM   #3938
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
making me famous

send him this one as well

"you're all a bunch of cunts"

__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:20 PM   #3939
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
making me famous

I thought it summed it up well.


send him this one as well

"you're all a bunch of cunts"

Dont need to quote you on that one- say it often enough to him myself.

__________________
Update your signature Roboklopp
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:20 PM   #3940
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 126,842
He's soooo fuckin defensive and narky.......just like Hodgson. So arrogant and deluded, as if he genuinely thinks he shouldn't be questioned. Haha this is wonderful.
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:22 PM   #3941
Sarb
Doomed, we're all doomed!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,302
Hugely successful managers should not be treated like that in my view
Sarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:27 PM   #3942
EwarWoo
Paisley
 
EwarWoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarb View Post
Hugely successful managers should not be treated like that in my view
And when he has some success he wont be
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:30 PM   #3943
Sarb
Doomed, we're all doomed!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
And when he has some success he wont be


Think it was Shearer who called him hugely successful the other day.
Sarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:43 PM   #3944
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarb View Post


Think it was Shearer who called him hugely successful the other day.
saw that on motd, nearly spilt my tea
__________________
☆☆☆☆☆☆ Champions of Europe. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 03:51 PM   #3945
Sarb
Doomed, we're all doomed!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,302
Wonder what Lou Macari thinks. He fucking lambasted City for appointing Pelligrini. "What has he done. He's won nothing, achieved nothing in Spain". When Utd appointed Moyes "He's a hugely successful manager, Sir Alex knows what he is doing. It's great".

Fucking twat
Sarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:07 PM   #3946
Paddy
Out Patient
 
Paddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,121
This is fucking hilarious. Now Ferdinand is slating how the manager doesn't reveal the starting line up early enough.

AND...

@wilfriedzaha: I've never dated or even met David moye's Daughter so that isn't the reason for my absence in games ...

Followed by....

@wilfriedzaha: I would like to stop all these false accusations .. I will play for Manchester United when my manager feels I'm ready ...


Shambles of a club. Hahahaha.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:17 PM   #3947
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911


were is the ferdinand stuff

also - i'm sure more reports of van persie being injured/not happy with the Moye's training methods will surface
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:18 PM   #3948
Paddy
Out Patient
 
Paddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,121
Moyes is sending us MAD!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-says-Rio.html
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:25 PM   #3949
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:31 PM   #3950
Reece
 
Reece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 76,920
This really couldn't all be going much better, could it?
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:40 PM   #3951
Boogs
Shankly
 
Boogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
This really couldn't all be going much better, could it?
Seeing them in the bottom 3 would be a little bit better
__________________
Go fuck yourself
Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:41 PM   #3952
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!
 
meffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogar View Post
Seeing them in the bottom 3 would be a little bit better
Rooney and Van Persie having a mid match punch up over who takes a free kick would also be good
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
Didn't someone once see Philip Schofield shitting into a crisp packet?
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:42 PM   #3953
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite
 
Pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogar View Post
Seeing them in the bottom 3 would be a little bit better
Tempting for sure, but that'd see Moyes sacked instantly. I want this misery with him at the helm to continue for a while longer yet! There's a happy medium here (for us) which sees them continue to underperform, but not enough for them to sack him Not just yet anyway
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:46 PM   #3954
Boogs
Shankly
 
Boogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,921
Neville reckons he's going to get time. Please let this be true
__________________
Go fuck yourself
Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:51 PM   #3955
Reece
 
Reece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 76,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogar View Post
Seeing them in the bottom 3 would be a little bit better
Your avatar is mesmerising
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:53 PM   #3956
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
well with 6 year deal, surely they need to give him at least two years - providing of course, this season/next, he hasn't completley fucked them up

a scrapped 5th/6th place this season would be nice (providing we finish above them ) No champions league football could be a massive issue for them, but be in the europa league to give them those pain in the arse thursday night games

then next season - a 10th place finish, combined with moyes spending 100m on shite to replace the old guard, it fucks up, they sack moyes half way season 3, left with a shit team, in the bottom 3 and the transfer budget spent and no european football

that'd be nice
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:54 PM   #3957
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Your avatar is mesmerising
speaking of which - who is the best avatar/gif person we have on here?

i've seen something i want for an avatar.
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 04:57 PM   #3958
Boogs
Shankly
 
Boogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,921
Darkons is the best I reckon.

Mostar perhaps or maybe Muddled? There is a website that makes them but I don't know what it is

http://gickr.com found one
__________________
Go fuck yourself
Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 05:01 PM   #3959
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
well with 6 year deal, surely they need to give him at least two years - providing of course, this season/next, he hasn't completley fucked them up

a scrapped 5th/6th place this season would be nice (providing we finish above them ) No champions league football could be a massive issue for them, but be in the europa league to give them those pain in the arse thursday night games

then next season - a 10th place finish, combined with moyes spending 100m on shite to replace the old guard, it fucks up, they sack moyes half way season 3, left with a shit team, in the bottom 3 and the transfer budget spent and no european football

that'd be nice

For them to have the next 23 years last our last 23 would be pretty decent. Minus a miraculous CL final of course
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 05:01 PM   #3960
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?
 
PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,911
i'll email darkon
__________________
i own everton fans on the internet....that's what i do
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > General Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.