It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 25-03-20, 03:21 PM   #41
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

The Joe Wicks workout on youtube is brutal.

And it's for kids.

I have worked on some muscles I've not looked at in a few years.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 25-03-20, 04:45 PM   #42
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Brilliant fellas, thank you
Old 26-03-20, 12:41 PM   #43
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Just done the Cosmic Kids farmyard yoga, it's really good fun
Old 26-03-20, 12:43 PM   #44
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

6.2km on the treadmill, using iFit for the first time. Until my account is activated I can only do the run of the day. Today was a lakeside run in Scotland. iFit displays still shots from Google maps on the display so you get to track your run. Managed a 5min stint on the rower too. Little bit more Cosmic and I'm done for the day
Old 26-03-20, 09:26 PM   #45
luke
Houllier

I have just got myself a trampoline, rebound exercise seems to be a thing and until I get evicted I am am going to bounce my woes away
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 11:19 AM   #46
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Not sure if this will work...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/ac...e_unique_id=4m

201 heart rate is insane, I don't think I've gone higher than 175 before. This was a reading on a garmin watch, might have to see what a chest strap reads because at 51 I shouldn't go that high
Old 27-03-20, 02:26 PM   #47
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Not sure if this will work...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/ac...e_unique_id=4m

201 heart rate is insane, I don't think I've gone higher than 175 before. This was a reading on a garmin watch, might have to see what a chest strap reads because at 51 I shouldn't go that high

You shouldn't really be going over 170 mate.
Rule of thumb is 220 minus your age.
I'm 50 with a resting heartbeat of 61 and don't go over 155.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 02:33 PM   #48
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Mental isn't it.

A mate and me are challenging each other and it was at my limit. It had returned sub-65 within 10 mins and back to mid 650s in 20mins. My heart rests at 50 and overnight went as low as 42. I'm not that fit!

I have a neighbour who used to be a personal trainer and he reckons those numbers are a guide but if you're posting higher then it doesn't mean anything. I think I'll try and keep below 170 now though, just to be safe!
Old 27-03-20, 02:58 PM   #49
Zapater
Dalglish

Think training is going to keep me sane. My gym is supplying us daily body weight, kettlebell, dumbbell and skipping etc workouts. Absolutely knackered after today. It's probable I will lose some muscle mass without lifting substantial weights, but if I'm disciplined I could probably end this lockdown (3 weeks from today here) in better shape than I entered it, considering I can prepare meals at home with no time constraints/temptation/reason for eating shit takeaway foods.

This will probably be the opposite of what actually occurs but reason for optimism so far.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 03:20 PM   #50
EwarWoo
Paisley

Quote:
I'm 42 and aim for between 140 and 160 when I'm doing cardio, but really don't want to spend much time over 160, it screws me up. Once I hit that zone I find my endurance is shot.

My resting is about 45.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 04:00 PM   #51
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Think training is going to keep me sane. My gym is supplying us daily body weight, kettlebell, dumbbell and skipping etc workouts. Absolutely knackered after today. It's probable I will lose some muscle mass without lifting substantial weights, but if I'm disciplined I could probably end this lockdown (3 weeks from today here) in better shape than I entered it, considering I can prepare meals at home with no time constraints/temptation/reason for eating shit takeaway foods.

This will probably be the opposite of what actually occurs but reason for optimism so far.
I'm definitely going to lose some muscle mass without access to heavy weights so I'm going to work on flexibility.Largest kettle bell I have is 12kg
Can't believe what a good workout I can get doing diamond/reverse diamond decline push ups with a push up bar though!
Currently 90 kg and 6'1" - don't want to drop much.
Old 27-03-20, 04:04 PM   #52
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
I'm 42 and aim for between 140 and 160 when I'm doing cardio, but really don't want to spend much time over 160, it screws me up. Once I hit that zone I find my endurance is shot.

My resting is about 45.
That's amazing for a big fella.
Old 27-03-20, 04:31 PM   #53
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
I'm definitely going to lose some muscle mass without access to heavy weights so I'm going to work on flexibility.Largest kettle bell I have is 12kg
Can't believe what a good workout I can get doing diamond/reverse diamond decline push ups with a push up bar though!
Currently 90 kg and 6'1" - don't want to drop much.
Do you find push-upbars worthwhile? I've never thought much of them, maybe I should relook it. I used to do hundreds of pushups with ease when I was younger from my boxing background. Now I struggle to do more than 30 consecutively, it's actually embarrassing how much I've declined.

I picked up 16 and 18kg kettle bells from the gym (it's a small private gym so they were happy to lend us equipment, unfortunately there wasn't an extensive range to choose from as others got in before me). Also got 12.5kg and 15kg dumbbells. Would have ideally had something a little bit heavier but it's still challenging enough for me.

After cardio stuff, the KB workout consisted of 10 rnds (5/side):
  • 12 Suitcase deadlifts
  • 9 Hang power cleans
  • 6 Shoulder to overheads

I'm only 5'8 and around 76kg, could probably drop 1 or 2kg without losing 'size', not too perturbed about it anyway, not that I carry much additional weight on me, but wouldn't be sad if I sacrificed a bit of both muscle and fat. A couple of weeks doing front/back squats, deadlifts, clean and jerks, snatch etc on the bar will do the trick.

Hardly drunk the last month or so. I'm wondering if I'll see any return on that in the longer term. Actually, reduced this a lot the last few months where I consistently used to have 1-3 minimum with benders inbetween. Got a good stash of whisky and beer for the testing times ahead, but I rarely drink alone and don't intend to do too much of it now. I have zero expectations but it would be interesting to see if there is any noticeable upside.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 02:51 PM   #54
fidget
Shankly

I've added "dive bomber" press ups with the bars and some "attempts" at planching.
Old school convict conditioning lol.

Look how strong this fucker is

Old 02-04-20, 09:36 PM   #55
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Puts my rowing and jogging to shame

est1892 > General > General Sports