It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 20-02-19, 06:10 PM   #1
Angryred
Dalglish

Angry Cardiff / Nantes - Unsavory Legal Wrangle

Sad to see that Cardiff & Nantes getting involved in litigation over transfer fees...
Barely 6ft in the ground & they are bickering...Just pay the fucking fee, Cardiff as the way I see it, you agreed the fee & brought the player over then had the decency to let him home to wrap up & say farewell so why should that be on Nantes?...did Nantes hire the fucking plane not suitable for that ill-fated cross channel flight?

Cardiff are not gonna come out of this in a good light as all the teams around Europe are gonna take a dim view of this when it comes to dealing with Cardiff in the future

I know it's all about legal & insurance obligations but as a matter of goodwill, Cardiff & Nantes should write off the transfer with a sum of money provided to his family as I'm sure, like every other South American player in Europe would have provided for his family back home.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 20-02-19, 06:19 PM   #2
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

As long as he was registered as a Cardiff City player then depending on what the contract states Cardiff have to pay how much ? who knows.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-19, 06:58 PM   #3
baitman
Daddy day care

Cardif owe nantes, and also have to pay up any clauses in the contract to sala's family.

Sala has never kicked a ball for cardiff so the decent thing would be for cardiff to pay up the transfer fee, then cardiff and nantes to split any money owed to sala's family.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-19, 07:26 PM   #4
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

None of us know the exact details. Think it's harsh to criticise Cardiff without the full facts and because a lot of people don't like Warnock.
Old 20-02-19, 07:55 PM   #5
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I genuinely feel for Neil Warnock on this. Part of him must feel that he was part of instigating an (unfortunate) chain of events that have ended up in 2 deaths.

The money side of this was always going to be a nightmare, with insurance and liability issues and clauses.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 04:42 AM   #6
Frenchie
Dalglish

A lengthy legal process will have to take place and it all starts with Nantes claiming their dosh. ie executing a contract.

I'm sure Cardiff's lawyers are looking to see where and how much they can reclaim from responsible parties and their insurances.

Be that Ibbotson's liability insurance or the aircraft or the agent who leased it or the credit card that was used we don't know the facts.

Once that is sorted then negotiations will commence.

To the other posters who say it should be morally written off yes I agree but who writes off 15 large easily after a few nights sleep?

FIFA should have a precedent or if not this becomes it and therefore should be handled slowly and methodically and transparently.

saw this after: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...premier-league

Last edited by Frenchie; 26-02-19 at 02:53 AM.
Frenchie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 05:44 AM   #7
Nicey
Paisley

I mean, it is what is it is. Cardiff will try and get out of it, but legally there are obliged to pay, at best they will pay a little less but they will come way from this looking like absolute Arseholes.

They should have come out and made a statement from the Chairmen that the Club with honour his contract 100% and will eventually sort out the payment with Nantes once all due diligence was carried out on the situation. But regardless of that outcome, the family will get the players contractual wages.

That would have given them carte blanche to contest the payment to Nantes with seeming like absolute shitehouses. Clubs will think twice about dealing with them in the future. I mean the whole affair is incredibly unfortunate but it is what it is.
Old 21-02-19, 02:43 PM   #8
Tee
El Pistolero

They agreed a fee for his registration and assuming they registered the poor lad as a Cardiff player they have no recourse to Nantes and should be pursuing insurers for a claim. Just cannot see how they would be legally in the right to avoid paying the fee.
Old 21-02-19, 04:48 PM   #9
Nicey
Paisley

I see Neil Warnock's Son was the Football Agent who handled this deal ... surprise surfuckingprise
Old 21-02-19, 10:52 PM   #10
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
I see Neil Warnock's Son was the Football Agent who handled this deal ... surprise surfuckingprise
did he sort the plane ride too?

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
Old 21-02-19, 11:09 PM   #11
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

That was the player's agent, McKay.

Last edited by Kenneth; 21-02-19 at 11:12 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 11:45 PM   #12
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
That was the player's agent, McKay.
Mr fix-it

Old 22-02-19, 12:33 AM   #13
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
They agreed a fee for his registration and assuming they registered the poor lad as a Cardiff player they have no recourse to Nantes and should be pursuing insurers for a claim. Just cannot see how they would be legally in the right to avoid paying the fee.
That's my thoughts on it too. I understood that they were trying to find out if there was genuine interest from other clubs which supposedly caused them to up the price, and they are hoping that they might not have to pay all that. But they still agreed to pay Nantes that fee and if it turns out that something dodgy was done by the agent or other 3rd party to inflate the fee that is a seperate issue that they would need to take up with the 3rd party.
Old 25-02-19, 09:01 PM   #14
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Appears the pilot may not of had insurance to fly a fee paying passenger. This is going to be a right old tangle in the courts. I fully understand why Cardiff aren't rushing in to throw their money away.
Old 25-02-19, 09:11 PM   #15
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Appears the pilot may not of had insurance to fly a fee paying passenger. This is going to be a right old tangle in the courts. I fully understand why Cardiff aren't rushing in to throw their money away.
But by the time sala got into that plane he was already a cardiff player.

Old 25-02-19, 09:54 PM   #16
Deano
Shankly

Cardiff should be covered on all fronts in fairness, Insurance companies will now look for holes to excuse paying even in that blame falls on the player. Cardiff will have had keyman insurance in place, along with contract insurance.That is unless they didn't !
Old 26-02-19, 04:17 AM   #17
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
I would say the fact the McKay the man who brokered this deal and arranged the flights was not a registered football agent and he did so at the behest of Nantes is a most important piece of information

That aside Cardiff after the signed the player had no knowledge of which plane and who was the pilot of Sala which just is just plane bonkers you have a 20 million pound asset in transit and you have no clue how he is getting here, I bet they put better care into their football scarfs mech in transit.

I met a guy a few years back who consulted to EPL Chairmans about business practices in the 00s and the stories he told me just beggars believe
Old 27-02-19, 04:03 PM   #18
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Fifa is investigating the transfer payment for Emiliano Sala after Nantes made a claim against Cardiff City.

Premier League side Cardiff were due to pay the first of three instalments for the £15m striker on Wednesday.

Cardiff were due to make the first of three instalments on 20 February, but they agreed with French Lige 1 side Nantes to extend the deadline by a week.

Nantes wrote to Cardiff on 5 February requesting the first instalment.

But Cardiff said they were withholding payment until crash investigations were complete and they were satisfied about "anomalies" around the deal.

Chairman Mehmet Dalman said Cardiff will be "honourable" with Nantes if they are contractually obliged to pay.

French side Bordeaux are due 50% of his fee because of a sell-on clause when they sold Sala to Nantes in 2015.

BBC

Last edited by Bender; 27-02-19 at 06:09 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 07:34 AM   #19
Nicey
Paisley

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/4...V7avXcURCs3h8c
Old 01-03-19, 07:35 AM   #20
Nicey
Paisley

Apparently, Cardiff left him to arrange his own flights, amateur hour.
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 01-03-19, 08:30 AM   #21
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Chairman Mehmet Dalman said Cardiff will be "honourable" with Nantes if they are contractually obliged to pay.
BBC

It's not honourable to do something after waiting until your dragged by the scruff of the neck to do it by every authority you've appealed to because yes you signed an agreement and you have to do it!
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 12:34 PM   #22
Rigadon
Dalglish

Willie McKay is one dodgy fucker. Sounds like they (the McKays) offered to arrange the transportation of Sala. Surely they had a duty of care?
Old 01-03-19, 01:40 PM   #23
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigadon View Post
Willie McKay is one dodgy fucker. Sounds like they (the McKays) offered to arrange the transportation of Sala. Surely they had a duty of care?
He answered that in that he used a company that provides flights that they normally use. He add further that people don't ask to see the licence of the driver when they order a taxi, etc.

I think the company that hired the pilot is probably culpable but not McKay who as you said is a shady fucker.

Willie McKay was the agent for Cardiff and his son the agent for Nantes. The fee (that they are happy for forgo ) is £1.5m. Great work if you can get it.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 01:44 PM   #24
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
He answered that in that he used a company that provides flights that they normally use. He add further that people don't ask to see the licence of the driver when they order a taxi, etc.

I think the company that hired the pilot is probably culpable but not McKay who as you said is a shady fucker.

Willie McKay was the agent for Cardiff and his son the agent for Nantes. The fee (that they are happy for forgo ) is £1.5m. Great work if you can get it.

Willie is not a registered agent so he couldn't have been representing anyone.
Old 01-03-19, 02:03 PM   #25
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

Sorry he wasn't the "agent" for Cardiff, but "he was helping his son" who is owed the money, but you'd be naive to think it isn't basically him doing the work. The money funnels through Mark.
Old 01-03-19, 02:04 PM   #26
Angryred
Dalglish

Cool

Quote:

Aye, that was mentioned...merely acting as a adviser to his son apparently

Forego 1.5 million?...who the fuck does that?!!!
Old 01-03-19, 02:07 PM   #27
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Sorry he wasn't the "agent" for Cardiff, but "he was helping his son" who is owed the money, but you'd be naive to think it isn't basically him doing the work. The money funnels through Mark.
Right, but you were insinuating a pretty major conflict of interest which clearly didn't happen.

I mean, agenda are the scum of the earth etc etc, but let's at least be fair when putting the boot in.
Old 01-03-19, 02:14 PM   #28
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Right, but you were insinuating a pretty major conflict of interest which clearly didn't happen.

I mean, agenda are the scum of the earth etc etc, but let's at least be fair when putting the boot in.
I wasn't really insinuating this was a conflict. If one actor is acting as an agent he will be speaking to both clubs as it is a general negotiation. It wasn't fraud.

I can see where you're coming from, wording could've been better.

For clarity, i think all/most agents are leeches. He's clearly a leech. I don't think he's culpable for any wrong-doing here though except pocketing £1.5m for a football transfer.
Old 01-03-19, 02:20 PM   #29
Gingawaria
Dalglish

All this mud-slinging is incredibly distasteful. 2 people have died - all parties need to remember that and start acting with a lot more grace.

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 02:21 PM   #30
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Why?

Not all Glaswegians are dodgy.
Old 01-03-19, 03:18 PM   #31
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Why?

Not all Glaswegians are dodgy.

Most are, though................ to be fair

Last edited by Nicey; 02-03-19 at 04:05 AM.
Nicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 08:11 PM   #32
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

The grammar and lack of care has nose dived in this thread.
Old 02-03-19, 03:43 AM   #33
Frenchie
Dalglish

Quote:
analogy much
Frenchie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 04:06 AM   #34
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
my tenion to deetail is shokin
Old 02-03-19, 10:53 AM   #35
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
analogy much

Think that was the joke

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 10:38 AM   #36
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Think that was the joke
Old 20-03-19, 12:03 PM   #37
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

A bit about the flights issues re: Sala and why Cardiff may be looking at other's liability in this matter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47626855
Old 20-03-19, 12:56 PM   #38
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Interesting stuff
Old 20-03-19, 01:38 PM   #39
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Follow your dream Kenneth

On some level you yearn for a position related to aviation..!
Old 20-03-19, 09:23 PM   #40
Cormack74
Shankly

One of my kids is keen to become a commercial pilot. Does anyone want to lend me £100K or ideally £130k so he can go on and get a type rating?
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football