It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 01-05-19, 06:09 PM   #4241
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Doesn't come across as a cunt either which is refreshing.
Oh he definitely is a cunt in progress; a few occasions this season he has been PEP snidy
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 06:22 PM   #4242
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Awkward.

Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon is a fucking relentless prick.

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 12:13 PM   #4243
Jas
Fagan

WTF..........
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48145285

Manchester City have overtaken Manchester United as the most valuable Premier League club, according to a new football finance study.

City are valued at £2.364bn, up £385m, while United are valued £2.087bn, a drop of £376m blamed on "higher wages and lower profit".

The top six account for almost three-quarters of the combined league value.

Burnley are seventh and described as the "most sensibly run club in the Premier League financially".

Overall, the study by the University of Liverpool's Centre for Sports Business Group, found the cumulative value of the league's clubs is £14.7bn, a 1.6% drop.

The two Manchester clubs are the only two valued at more than £2bn in the study for the 2017-18 season.

Spurs (£1.837bn), Liverpool (£1.615bn) and Chelsea (£1.615bn) have seen big rises but Arsenal dropped to £1.368bn without Champions League football.

The top six clubs make up 74% (£10.9bn) of the overall total with Burnley almost £1bn behind Arsenal in sixth.

To calculate their data, the university took into account revenue, profits, non-recurring costs, average profits on player sales over a three-year period, net assets, wage control and proportion of seats sold.

The research says City are top due to a combination of "higher revenue and lower wages". They made £39m in profit from player sales at the beginning of last season, "removing some high earners from the wage bill".

"The ownership model of Sheikh Mansour, which effectively means that the club is debt free, means that there are no loan interest costs and no dividends are paid to shareholders either," the study added.

United came third, behind Real Madrid and Barcelona, in Deloitte's list of the world's richest clubs published in January - but that is just based on revenue.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 12:30 PM   #4244
dom9
Ant Pisser

It's all a bit academic, really.
Old 04-05-19, 11:19 AM   #4245
Irishnev
Shankly

That’s ballpark €150m on those two and they need a holding midfielder and arguably another defender. If they spent circa €250m and don’t recoup any of that in sales then what is the point....such flagrant breaking of the FFP rules and nothing happens
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 01:01 PM   #4246
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Who on here, hand on heart would have any issue if our owners sanctioned a 250m recruitment and none was offset by players going out?

FFP has always been bollocks. I'd prefer it if it didn't exist and then we did as we please. But if some choose to oblide and others don't then it's clearly a pointless.
Old 04-05-19, 01:41 PM   #4247
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Who on here, hand on heart would have any issue if our owners sanctioned a 250m recruitment and none was offset by players going out?

FFP has always been bollocks. I'd prefer it if it didn't exist and then we did as we please. But if some choose to oblide and others don't then it's clearly a pointless.
Of course I wouldnít be upset but we CANíT afford to do that as we manage our spending based on multiple factors. I think right now we are arguably in the most secure position as a club that we have ever been both on and off the pitch, we are so well run and we are doing it within the rules of the game.

We have rules, they should be adhered to and those that donít should be punished. The problem is that they are being flagrantly ignored by some.
Old 04-05-19, 01:45 PM   #4248
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Of course I wouldnít be upset but we CANíT afford to do that as we manage our spending based on multiple factors. I think right now we are arguably in the most secure position as a club that we have ever been both on and off the pitch, we are so well run and we are doing it within the rules of the game.

We have rules, they should be adhered to and those that donít should be punished. The problem is that they are being flagrantly ignored by some.
Yes I agree.

But a decent forward option and a creative midfielder and we have what we need. I don't think its financial restraints that are hampering us. It's getting the right players in rather than extra bodies. Having a strong 24 isn't how klopp works. Even with the advantage city have, we're still pushing them. I think the job pep does to keep everyone happy with rotation and to keep winning is underestimated. Utd have more money than us but it isn't just about money. You need good coaches, good recruitment and a plan.

Us and City have a plan in place.
Old 04-05-19, 02:01 PM   #4249
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

City’s net spend over the last 5 years is £70m per season higher than ours. £100m per season net.

Utds is £80m (£50m higher) but you can argue they have the means. Ours is £30m and our transfer dealings are massively underpinned by player sales.

There is definitely something unsustainable at the core of City’s business model. It’s just a matter of whether it is ever exposed.
Old 04-05-19, 02:48 PM   #4250
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Yes I agree.

But a decent forward option and a creative midfielder and we have what we need. I don't think its financial restraints that are hampering us. It's getting the right players in rather than extra bodies. Having a strong 24 isn't how klopp works. Even with the advantage city have, we're still pushing them. I think the job pep does to keep everyone happy with rotation and to keep winning is underestimated. Utd have more money than us but it isn't just about money. You need good coaches, good recruitment and a plan.

Us and City have a plan in place.
I think we will buy both and am not believeing this not spending this summer, we clearly have money in reserve and Klopp + the recruitment team have shown both patience and an ability to plug the right gaps.

As Buzzo said what City are doing is not sustainable within the financial rules of the game. The worst thing is I think their owners are in this for the long haul and these fuckers will get better and better. They buy well, at the right age and tend not to overspend on players unlike United.
Old 05-05-19, 11:10 PM   #4251
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/...11692350054401

Thatís ballpark Ä150m on those two and they need a holding midfielder and arguably another defender. If they spent circa Ä250m and donít recoup any of that in sales then what is the point....such flagrant breaking of the FFP rules and nothing happens
Bruno Fernandes won't post anywhere near those numbers in the PL. That said he's got an unbelievable ping on him. I'd take him. Available for 60ish according to reports.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 08:07 AM   #4252
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Bruno Fernandes won't post anywhere near those numbers in the PL. That said he's got an unbelievable ping on him. I'd take him. Available for 60ish according to reports.
Even if he got half his numbers itís 15 goals a year from midfield!! We are crying out for goals from midfield and heís the one Iíd love as the Fekir Ďreplacementí. As an added bonus he works his socks off and takes brilliant set pieces.

I thought he had a Ä50m buy out, read that somewhere.
Old 06-05-19, 10:13 AM   #4253
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Even if he got half his numbers itís 15 goals a year from midfield!! We are crying out for goals from midfield and heís the one Iíd love as the Fekir Ďreplacementí. As an added bonus he works his socks off and takes brilliant set pieces.

I thought he had a Ä50m buy out, read that somewhere.
But out is something like 89 yoyos, at least I read that somewhere. He'd be a cracking signing from the looks of it alright.
Old 06-05-19, 12:44 PM   #4254
dom9
Ant Pisser

With Rafa and Hodgson already taking points off City this season, is it too much to dream that Brendan can make it a hat trick of former managers doing us the ultimate favour?

It's on isn't it.
Old 06-05-19, 01:01 PM   #4255
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
With Rafa and Hodgson already taking points off City this season, is it too much to dream that Brendan can make it a hat trick of former managers doing us the ultimate favour?

It's on isn't it.
We have to believe.

I think this is the toughest game City have had in a while, I am sure I saw that Leicester are third in the form table over ten games (though the form of the 2-6 teams had been soooo shit). Just a shame it is at home.
Old 06-05-19, 01:16 PM   #4256
Pepe79
Dalglish

An early goal for Man City and this game could just amount to a victory lap for them.

I just hope Leicester can make a game of it, even if it’s just keeping our hopes alive deep into the second half at least.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 01:48 PM   #4257
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

A draw is all we need!! Come on Leicester!
Old 06-05-19, 03:45 PM   #4258
McDermotX
Paisley

Think I'll give this a miss unless I hear something positive after the first half.

Cunts love getting early goals.
Old 06-05-19, 03:56 PM   #4259
Ams12
Dalglish

And late goals too!

Címon Kasper!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ams12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 04:56 PM   #4260
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Think I'll give this a miss unless I hear something positive after the first half.

Cunts love getting early goals.
Same.

Donít see that I will get any enjoyment out of watching.
Old 06-05-19, 05:39 PM   #4261
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I take it he's brilliant?

Old 06-05-19, 05:51 PM   #4262
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Something like 30 goals and 17 assists. From midfield.
Old 06-05-19, 05:53 PM   #4263
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Cunts
Old 06-05-19, 05:54 PM   #4264
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Man City money laundering continues.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 05:56 PM   #4265
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Thirded
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 06:07 PM   #4266
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

22 goals 11 assists in all comps. Dunno much about him but good numbers.
Old 06-05-19, 06:22 PM   #4267
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
30 goals Dan + 17 assists, wicked long shot, works hard, brilliant set pieces........but......I'd argue he is not what they need as he plays in the KDB/D Silva role. They need a Fernandinho replacement and he is not him.
Old 06-05-19, 07:06 PM   #4268
labourRed
Shankly

The thing is it'll be a really guy but for around 60m. City are really good and swallowing up those players just below world class. They've so many that when one of them is injured they draft another worldie in without much of a drop off.
Old 06-05-19, 07:17 PM   #4269
ric.williams
Fagan

i eagerly await the day the owner gets bored and walks away, that or FFP actually kicks in
ric.williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 07:22 PM   #4270
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
30 goals Dan + 17 assists, wicked long shot, works hard, brilliant set pieces........but......I'd argue he is not what they need as he plays in the KDB/D Silva role. They need a Fernandinho replacement and he is not him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Even in the league alone itís 19 + 13.

Youíve someone elseís stats Dan
Old 06-05-19, 07:37 PM   #4271
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric.williams View Post
i eagerly await the day the owner gets bored and walks away, that or FFP actually kicks in
They've got clone teams all round the world, I dont think they'll ever get bored
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 10:25 PM   #4272
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Really starting to absolutely fucking despise these cunts to the very core.
Old 06-05-19, 10:44 PM   #4273
baitman
Daddy day care

If your quick and put motd on you'll just be in time to see kompanys goal

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 10:53 PM   #4274
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Waiting to see what these four separate investigations bring to the fucking cunts.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 11:00 PM   #4275
Patricks_Berger
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Something like 30 goals and 17 assists. From midfield.
Just break his legs, heíll be shit then
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-19, 05:08 AM   #4276
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Even in the league alone itís 19 + 13.

Youíve someone elseís stats Dan
Blame ESPN
Old 08-05-19, 12:00 PM   #4277
peterbread
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
They've got clone teams all round the world, I dont think they'll ever get bored
Their team in Australia has been pretty average every year. They donít seem to have a clear idea of what they are trying to do here. Plus with the league having a salary cap they canít spend as much as they like and canít really compete.
peterbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 03:54 PM   #4278
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Del

Last edited by Bender; 10-05-19 at 04:24 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 04:24 PM   #4279
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 10-05-19, 04:50 PM   #4280
S-RED
Dalglish

what was that?
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football