It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 08-10-19, 06:50 PM   #1
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

"Pints and Pool"

PUB STORIES BY REDS FOR REDS
Tell your stories, share your media, your photos, your love!

EDIT ABOVE ^^^^: I forgot I'm a copywriter and went on a ramble, so I made a headline for everyone to get it *instantly*

So having thoroughly hijacked the JŁrgen Klopp thread, and considering I haven't finished posting there, I decided to create a Public House Liverpool Thread.

It's basically where anyone who's got any tears to shed, any love for the club, any videos that make them weep, any rant when yer dr*a*nk, to post any old ramblings. Any reminiscent nostalgia videos, any types of discussion is permissible here.

So whenever you've had a drink, and you decide to talk all things Liverpool (club/city/humans/aliens/gutters/trees, anything L4) post it here!
(frank the tank, you are MIGHTILY welcome to tell of ALL YOUR STORIES from shagging turnips and pumpkins and lasses and ladettes in Liverpool, get a few bevvies down ya, roar the mighty Corck (see what I did there?!) and go for it).

I want this to be the Fans' fans' thread. Where drunken sailors post whatever late-night drivel they can come up with.

For the record, it was all inspired by Shaggz' posting about his getting randomly drunk watching random nostalgic love-videos about LFC, seeing as the international break is on and there's women's football on today and fuck all else. No offense, but it's not stirring my loins either. So I decided to get drunk also (or was it the otehr way round?! Who knobe!)

It's basically inspired by the first few pages of the Klopp thread, where he signs, 35000 fans were tracking his plane, and grown up men started masturbating unabashedly. I admit, so did I. So great memories of our time with this club shall be posted here, all mediums permitted.

Share your wildest photos, your wildest videos, things that inspired you, made you soil your pants, explode your manly tear ducts, anything you fancy.

Make sure of one thing, get the Johnny Cash on, fill up the jar, swig some, and share all your stories!

Here's a go:

Look at the Alexander Arnold Family. And look at TAA's bro's tears, running down his face!

For the record:

Every thread I've created on here over the past 13 years has turned to shit, so I'm just going to keep drinking and keep this motherfucker alive on page 1 and til every last human has shot themselves in the head So FUCK YOU!

Last edited by sean_lfc; 08-10-19 at 07:18 PM.
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-10-19, 06:59 PM   #2
Peter_Griffin
Evans

This -

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAnfiel...09585582071809

Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 07:10 PM   #3
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Griffin View Post
He's beyond legendary! He's a fucking galactic shaman of the intergalactic Red fucking tribe

Old 09-10-19, 06:19 AM   #4
Sus
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Griffin View Post
Yes, this! The best video, what a top man
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 07:00 PM   #5
Peter_Griffin
Evans

Not sure how to embed if any can assist?
Old 08-10-19, 07:09 PM   #6
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

So I'm gonna tell you this little story.

I'm 36 years old, I've been to Anfield once in my life, it was against West Ham in 2008, we won 4-0, Torres scored a hattrick (I had to look that up). I was right next to the West Ham fans in the Annie Road End and never go to *REALLY* appreciate the whole stadium you know? Too many West Cunts lording it large, had to listen to them the whole time, but it was still a fucking buzz to be fair!

So anyways, it was revo, the old cat's here will know him, and he sorted my 2 German mates and me tickets out when I was still a wreckhead student living it up in Leeds. That's the ONLY TIME in my life I've hung out with more than 1 Liverpool fan.

Fast-forward 11 years (Christ on a bike) and I'm in Berlin, not a student any more, and more of a clandestine wreckhead now (even hide it from the missus hehehehehehjeeehaueaieh )... and it turns out my best mate here who's a supervising film producer's creative director colleague (a German Polack) is actually the biggest Liverpool fan, runs the Berlin Reds fan club, never talks to me at work about anything BUT liverpool, and took me to my FIRST EVER outing to a Liverpool Supporters Bar and Night.

Can you imagine that shit? I've been basically watching Liverpool only ever ALONE cheering on Liverpool, or - as happened in Leeds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times - being in the pub with 99% MANC cunt fans and losing every game. It was fucking tragic. Back in Leeds I would even sometimes wear the shirt, outnumbered, outgunned, outcunted, and had to take defeat every single time. Horrendous.

Sooooo, back to the story, there I was invited to the FIRST EVER outing with Liverpool fans ONLY, in fucking Berlin, Germany, somewhere in the East. It was FUCKING UNREAL! They even played all the fucking songs on't stereo before the game, everyone was singing, GERMANS, FUCKING GERMANS, singing all the songs!!!

The game was Chelsea. I told the cunts (and became a hero in the official supporters club instantly).... before Trent walked up to take the freekick:

"He's got new shoes, he's gonna score"

And BAM! Trent scores the fucking beaut! Everyone went wild.

So I'm there, going British mental (coz I am, innitz), and I fall in love with supporters there and then. I notice how fucking BIG this club is. There's fucking girls from Sweden there, guys from Spain, it's fucking mental, everyone's cheering us on! There's even another guy, he runs the supporters' whatever, taking photos, shooting videos the whole time, more interested in capturing the atmosphere than watching the game, proper ledge!

Sooooooo.... this was a magical moment for me. I'm 36. I supported us through thick and thin. I was always alone. And then I'm in't pub with a loada strangers and we're all in it together and for the first time in my life, I can be free. I can sing away (scream away!!!). I was sooo happy, it was like a lost tiger who gets back to his tribe.

And I want to share it with ya lads, how much I love this club, and how much it meant to me, to be there, with our kin, in Berlin... here's the video (you can guess which one's me hahahahaha):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uQ9RrnIt-/

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Liverpool has changed my life and EST1892 crew has been there all along, and I want to repay it, with video and sound!!!
Old 09-10-19, 03:42 AM   #7
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_lfc View Post
So I'm gonna tell you this little story.

I'm 36 years old, I've been to Anfield once in my life, it was against West Ham in 2008, we won 4-0, Torres scored a hattrick (I had to look that up). I was right next to the West Ham fans in the Annie Road End and never go to *REALLY* appreciate the whole stadium you know? Too many West Cunts lording it large, had to listen to them the whole time, but it was still a fucking buzz to be fair!

So anyways, it was revo, the old cat's here will know him, and he sorted my 2 German mates and me tickets out when I was still a wreckhead student living it up in Leeds. That's the ONLY TIME in my life I've hung out with more than 1 Liverpool fan.

Fast-forward 11 years (Christ on a bike) and I'm in Berlin, not a student any more, and more of a clandestine wreckhead now (even hide it from the missus hehehehehehjeeehaueaieh )... and it turns out my best mate here who's a supervising film producer's creative director colleague (a German Polack) is actually the biggest Liverpool fan, runs the Berlin Reds fan club, never talks to me at work about anything BUT liverpool, and took me to my FIRST EVER outing to a Liverpool Supporters Bar and Night.

Can you imagine that shit? I've been basically watching Liverpool only ever ALONE cheering on Liverpool, or - as happened in Leeds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times - being in the pub with 99% MANC cunt fans and losing every game. It was fucking tragic. Back in Leeds I would even sometimes wear the shirt, outnumbered, outgunned, outcunted, and had to take defeat every single time. Horrendous.

Sooooo, back to the story, there I was invited to the FIRST EVER outing with Liverpool fans ONLY, in fucking Berlin, Germany, somewhere in the East. It was FUCKING UNREAL! They even played all the fucking songs on't stereo before the game, everyone was singing, GERMANS, FUCKING GERMANS, singing all the songs!!!

The game was Chelsea. I told the cunts (and became a hero in the official supporters club instantly).... before Trent walked up to take the freekick:

"He's got new shoes, he's gonna score"

And BAM! Trent scores the fucking beaut! Everyone went wild.

So I'm there, going British mental (coz I am, innitz), and I fall in love with supporters there and then. I notice how fucking BIG this club is. There's fucking girls from Sweden there, guys from Spain, it's fucking mental, everyone's cheering us on! There's even another guy, he runs the supporters' whatever, taking photos, shooting videos the whole time, more interested in capturing the atmosphere than watching the game, proper ledge!

Sooooooo.... this was a magical moment for me. I'm 36. I supported us through thick and thin. I was always alone. And then I'm in't pub with a loada strangers and we're all in it together and for the first time in my life, I can be free. I can sing away (scream away!!!). I was sooo happy, it was like a lost tiger who gets back to his tribe.

And I want to share it with ya lads, how much I love this club, and how much it meant to me, to be there, with our kin, in Berlin... here's the video (you can guess which one's me hahahahaha):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uQ9RrnIt-/

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Liverpool has changed my life and EST1892 crew has been there all along, and I want to repay it, with video and sound!!!

Him?
topscorer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 08:33 AM   #8
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post

Him?

The one behind with the glasses who was wailing his arms around whistling he heheheh Come on the laaaaads!
Old 08-10-19, 07:42 PM   #9
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

I'm stealing this video from another thread:

Tears Children Wevre so lucky to have fans like these of all ages
Old 08-10-19, 08:13 PM   #10
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Hey lurking lurker, so 61 people have viewed this thread and not replied. I have not replied to threads in fucking years - and I have 5000 posts. I decided to overcome my 'Don't post, what's the point' phase, what difference does it make? I believe *EVERYONE* has at least one great story to tell about theirs supporting Liverpool.
And that's what this thread is for. Don't be embarrassed! Be proud of who you are! Even if you believe you're just a minion and your opinion is just butter when you stutter! So is mine! I'm a shit cunt with nothing left to give but my heart and soul and love for all you keyboard warriors and pussies (I know I'm one!)

We're in the pub together, all of us, everyone's having a pint or a shandy or an Appletizer, and because we're humans and we love to exchange our ideas and expressions about how we see the world, that is why this thread is here.

Did you know, that you can NEVER NOT offend anyone, when you're saying what you think in a room of 50 people? There's 7+ fucking billion on the planet. Who gives a shit!!??! I've stopped giving a shit this season, and I have been top poster and victim lurker and neither have done me well or bad, it's all in me head.

So I want this to the be the Poob Room, the place where you can just give it out large, fuck off cunts, whatever, I am who I am and this is my story! This place needs a central hub where we can all be non-embarrassed about who we are and just shoot those thoughts out into the Red World. No clique bollocks here, you're talking to Mr. Loner Numero fucking Uno in the world! And we can be together, chewing the fat, shootin the breeze, you could even just atom-bomb drop that time you shagged Lucy Pool right there in the street, or talked to yer grandma about that time she once watched a footie game and then she had a heart-attack and looked you in the eye and said "Thank you Sonnie, for hearing me out" or that time you converted the neighbours kid, whose dad was a Chav scumhead, to support Liverpool, it's the fucking PUB STORIES THREAD and we are ONE FAMILY and we will most likely NEVER EVER MEET EACH OTHER EVER, so what does it fucking matter.

This thread is about

ONE LOVE.
ONE CITY.
ONE CLUB.
ONE CULTURE.
ONE TRIBE.
ONE LIVERPOOL

Old 09-10-19, 10:38 AM   #11
Rigadon
Shankly

Quote:

We're in the pub together, all of us...
Sean. Great thread. Canít think of a story at the moí, but as weíre in a pub and weíve all had a few too many beers, I just want to say... I fucking love you man
Old 09-10-19, 12:00 AM   #12
SB
Paisley

I’m at work but I’ll share my only derby match when I get home.
Old 09-10-19, 01:40 AM   #13
Mr Pink
Souness

Awesome idea for a thread!! Was following Liverpool my whole life, hard to pick out a memory...

For the day thatís in it, will have to go with a Klopp reference- this was the moment when I went from liking him to loving the man. Itís from a press conference a few weeks after he started, when the reporter asked him to reflect on a good start. Itís still my favorite Klopp press conference #ZeroFucksGiven

Old 09-10-19, 08:44 AM   #14
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Awesome idea for a thread!! Was following Liverpool my whole life, hard to pick out a memory...

For the day thatís in it, will have to go with a Klopp reference- this was the moment when I went from liking him to loving the man. Itís from a press conference a few weeks after he started, when the reporter asked him to reflect on a good start. Itís still my favorite Klopp press conference #ZeroFucksGiven

Jurgen Klopp: " I Cant Forget This Fucking Loss Against Crystal Palace " - YouTube
Hahaha, that was such a thing of beauty! You can hear it in the laughs of the journalists how he really inspires people, makes them soooo at ease. He unites human beings Love the hashtag Mr. Pink, glad you're sharing that memory thanks
Old 09-10-19, 08:21 AM   #15
Gray
Dalglish

What a weekend Madrid was. This is my lad finding out we weren't watching the game in a Madrid bar. This is actually my highlight of the weekend.

https://twitter.com/ninjagray/status...330939904?s=20
Old 09-10-19, 08:34 AM   #16
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
What a weekend Madrid was. This is my lad finding out we weren't watching the game in a Madrid bar. This is actually my highlight of the weekend.

Man that is fucking awesome!!!! Best dad in the world!!
Old 09-10-19, 01:50 PM   #17
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:

Think theres something in my eye... its probably a bit of grit

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 04:16 PM   #18
brightred
Befuddled

Fair play Sean, great idea.

So many happy memories of Liverpool. I actually convinced the missus to go there on honeymoon. Was a shit 0-0 draw against Sunderland....so bad. I booked the tickets over the phone as the internet hadn't been invented yet. I told the girl that we were going there on our honeymoon. She must have passed that on to the stadium announcer as at half time he welcomed us to Anfield. Was a nice touch, meant a lot. It was also the moment that I fully realised I was married! Fuck, it was scary!!
Old 09-10-19, 04:17 PM   #19
brightred
Befuddled

Quote:

When he said thanks dad!

Fuck Gray, don't be doing this to us....grown men crying!!
Old 10-10-19, 04:36 AM   #20
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:

Wow

That is so cool. Good in you
topscorer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 10-10-19, 06:32 AM   #21
Nicey
Paisley

Sean me old mucker, great thread here is my story

My most poignant football story is the last football game I watched with my father, the Istanbul Champions Lg Final. My relationship with my Father like his relationship with his father was strained at the best of times. We seemed like two different men from almost different classís and in many ways we were. Growing up I had no interest in football what so ever. I could not tell you who won the world cup, I know this because under caution at a police station in the company of my father, I was asked this question, when the police man accused me of having selective memory, I said Italy, that was not the right answer apparently.

My Dad was a Leeds fan, we are similar in the fact that both of us do not support Man United which 99% of our very large family in Dublin do. He spent some time in Leeds, in his young days working and I think that was why he supported them. They may very well have been the team of the day back then also.

As I got older I meddled with supporting Nottingham Forest because even though I had no interest in football there was a time when they were the sexy team to support. Somewhere around roughly the Roy Evans, Houllier era I increasingly started to take more of an interest in Liverpool. I think in the Spice boys days I started to identify as a Liverpool fan, but being able to see the game back in those days was not easy. They were on the box sporadically and usually on Sky in the pub and I did not quite like them enough to take time out to watch the games.
Truly it was only when I moved to Hong Kong 23 years ago and how every single game is on live here that I became fanatically about Liverpool and then football in general. Ultimately much more so than my father ever was.

Back in the day, my Dad would have his Sunday roast, a pint of beer and watch Match of the Day. It was his Sunday Mass, I remember distinctly thinking to myself I just do not get that at all. Today I do the very same thing, Only its Sunday morning not afternoon and its buckets of coffee instead. The closet we have ever been, is when we spoke about football. It was the one area I think I felt he truly respected what I had to say because in his later years he knew I watched so much of it. I remember watching the only game live with him was I think the FA cup game which was against O Learys Babes and they were flying high in Europe, I still think we ran out winners and we shared a rare genuine moment. Knowing how much I loved Liverpool, my Dad bought me a Treble wining t shirt, which to this day I cherish and I am not in the slightest bit sentimental. I have very special military medals, his prized gold ring with our shared name which he wore every day of his life and various other special trinkets, but its that tattered Liverpool Treble T Shirt that he bought for me that I cherish, because he knew how much I loved Liverpool and in many ways it meant one of the handful of times in our lifes together, he saw me.

My father died of cancer early May 2005. I was lucky I managed to fly home from Hong Kong, just in time to spend one more night with him. My father was a hard man, respected everywhere he went. At his funeral the church was full to capacity and outside the carpark was full of people. He coached Gaelic football, he knew people on many sides of town, politicians, gangsters, old ladies, young lads playing football, they all knew him very well, but I felt like they all knew him a lot more than I ever had.

That night before he died, we had a vigil by his bedside, my Mother and 3 sisters were asleep and I held my once strong man father in my arms like a baby and comforted him. He died the next day.

Over the following weeks, the usual stuff that happens around funerals happened and eventually things settled down. I rarely if ever shed a tear, I donít believe in goodbyes and in my mind I know I will see him again. But the last time I spent with him was watching the Champions Lg final together, Me and his Urn of Ashes, two cans of beer opened for for him and quite a few for me.

Half time came around, we were 3 nil down and as god is my witness to use phrase my mother uses a lot, I said if you are up there, show me 2nd half, thatís my sign you are there.

When we eventually won, I cried for 20 minutes but I cried for my father not for my team and then and everyday since then together we never walk alone.
Old 10-10-19, 06:09 PM   #22
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post

My most poignant football story is the last football game I watched with my father, the Istanbul Champions Lg Final. My relationship with my Father like his relationship with his father was strained at the best of times. We seemed like two different men from almost different classís and in many ways we were. Growing up I had no interest in football what so ever. I could not tell you who won the world cup, I know this because under caution at a police station in the company of my father, I was asked this question, when the police man accused me of having selective memory, I said Italy, that was not the right answer apparently.

My Dad was a Leeds fan, we are similar in the fact that both of us do not support Man United which 99% of our very large family in Dublin do. He spent some time in Leeds, in his young days working and I think that was why he supported them. They may very well have been the team of the day back then also.

As I got older I meddled with supporting Nottingham Forest because even though I had no interest in football there was a time when they were the sexy team to support. Somewhere around roughly the Roy Evans, Houllier era I increasingly started to take more of an interest in Liverpool. I think in the Spice boys days I started to identify as a Liverpool fan, but being able to see the game back in those days was not easy. They were on the box sporadically and usually on Sky in the pub and I did not quite like them enough to take time out to watch the games.
Truly it was only when I moved to Hong Kong 23 years ago and how every single game is on live here that I became fanatically about Liverpool and then football in general. Ultimately much more so than my father ever was.

Back in the day, my Dad would have his Sunday roast, a pint of beer and watch Match of the Day. It was his Sunday Mass, I remember distinctly thinking to myself I just do not get that at all. Today I do the very same thing, Only its Sunday morning not afternoon and its buckets of coffee instead. The closet we have ever been, is when we spoke about football. It was the one area I think I felt he truly respected what I had to say because in his later years he knew I watched so much of it. I remember watching the only game live with him was I think the FA cup game which was against O Learys Babes and they were flying high in Europe, I still think we ran out winners and we shared a rare genuine moment. Knowing how much I loved Liverpool, my Dad bought me a Treble wining t shirt, which to this day I cherish and I am not in the slightest bit sentimental. I have very special military medals, his prized gold ring with our shared name which he wore every day of his life and various other special trinkets, but its that tattered Liverpool Treble T Shirt that he bought for me that I cherish, because he knew how much I loved Liverpool and in many ways it meant one of the handful of times in our lifes together, he saw me.

My father died of cancer early May 2005. I was lucky I managed to fly home from Hong Kong, just in time to spend one more night with him. My father was a hard man, respected everywhere he went. At his funeral the church was full to capacity and outside the carpark was full of people. He coached Gaelic football, he knew people on many sides of town, politicians, gangsters, old ladies, young lads playing football, they all knew him very well, but I felt like they all knew him a lot more than I ever had.

That night before he died, we had a vigil by his bedside, my Mother and 3 sisters were asleep and I held my once strong man father in my arms like a baby and comforted him. He died the next day.

Over the following weeks, the usual stuff that happens around funerals happened and eventually things settled down. I rarely if ever shed a tear, I donít believe in goodbyes and in my mind I know I will see him again. But the last time I spent with him was watching the Champions Lg final together, Me and his Urn of Ashes, two cans of beer opened for for him and quite a few for me.

Half time came around, we were 3 nil down and as god is my witness to use phrase my mother uses a lot, I said if you are up there, show me 2nd half, thatís my sign you are there.

When we eventually won, I cried for 20 minutes but I cried for my father not for my team and then and everyday since then together we never walk alone.

Well in Nicey, thanks for putting it out there.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 06:42 PM   #23
Peter_Griffin
Evans

Quote:

This is an amazing, lovely story. Iíve just shed a tear for you and your old man.

YNWA
Old 10-10-19, 11:04 PM   #24
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:

Aww ffs, filling up here

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 05:21 AM   #25
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:

No one is topping that post. Hairs on my arm rose when you talk about half time. Amazing post

14 years ago but the way you tell that is amazing raw emotion. Sorry for your loss.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 06:28 AM   #26
Sus
Evans

Quote:

Bit of dust in my eye reading this - wonderful post
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 11:41 AM   #27
SB
Paisley

Quote:

Well in Nicey.

The closest I go in that direction is as follows

I was talking with my now departed Dad some time back & I remember thinking that never having seen Liverpool play a live match with my Dad was one of the few regrets I had in life. A few months later Liverpool FC announced that they were coming to Australia for the first ever time in July 2013. We arranged txt & my mum n dad , my son & I were off to Melbourne to see the mighty Reds play Melbourne at the MCG. It was an amazing build up in the heart of Melbourne throughout the day & we all made our way to the MCG for the evening KO. 96,000 fans sang YNWA in one of the greatest renditions ever heard on this planet. We had an amazing time but unfortunately later that year my Dad was diagnosed with a brain tumour that was very aggressive & he passed away in December that year. At his funeral I arranged to have the recording played of YNWA from that wonderful night in Melbourne where my Dad got to sing at his own funeral & there wasnít a dry eye in the house , as Iím sure you can imagine. Every time I here our anthem I think of him & that one time when 3 generations of Bathoís saw Liverpool FC strut their stuff. YNWA Ernie Batho
Old 11-10-19, 06:14 PM   #28
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Well in Nicey.

The closest I go in that direction is as follows

I was talking with my now departed Dad some time back & I remember thinking that never having seen Liverpool play a live match with my Dad was one of the few regrets I had in life. A few months later Liverpool FC announced that they were coming to Australia for the first ever time in July 2013. We arranged txt & my mum n dad , my son & I were off to Melbourne to see the mighty Reds play Melbourne at the MCG. It was an amazing build up in the heart of Melbourne throughout the day & we all made our way to the MCG for the evening KO. 96,000 fans sang YNWA in one of the greatest renditions ever heard on this planet. We had an amazing time but unfortunately later that year my Dad was diagnosed with a brain tumour that was very aggressive & he passed away in December that year. At his funeral I arranged to have the recording played of YNWA from that wonderful night in Melbourne where my Dad got to sing at his own funeral & there wasnít a dry eye in the house , as Iím sure you can imagine. Every time I here our anthem I think of him & that one time when 3 generations of Bathoís saw Liverpool FC strut their stuff. YNWA Ernie Batho
They are up there, in the great boozer in the sky, watchng the games on a dodgy Dubai feed with Keys and that other fathead
Old 10-10-19, 06:08 PM   #29
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:

Brilliant
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 09:44 AM   #30
SB
Paisley

So I was over on holidays in 2001 & my blue ****e cousin got us tickets for the Goodson derby but in the home bay near 1/2 way. Strict instructions to me where not to wear anything red & keep my mouth shut about who I support. We met at his local pub for a few ales which was a bit of banter with the barmaids which was cool then on to the game.

They scored first & everyone around me was out of their seats EXCEPT ME but no one noticed that. We equalised through Stevie G & before I realized I was out of my seat celebrating before I noticed I was the only person in that stand celebrating. Check the video & youíll see Stevie doing the run down the side line in front of me giving it to the bitters hey. Iíll never forget that & how much it meant to him to score against the arch enemy.

We went on to win 3-1 & I celebrated every goal in front of their crowd like a boss lol I doubt Iíll ever get invited to sit with the Cousin & his bitter mates ever again but I left my mark on Goodison well & truly.

Old 09-10-19, 12:30 PM   #31
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Hurray! Thanks Rigadon I love you too Thanks to Shaggy's inspiration I realised how much I miss sitting in a PUB pub with mates and chatting all things footie and beyond, and where better to have a pub round than on here, with fellow reds???

The world's first virtual reds pub The Pint and Pool, right here on EST

Last edited by sean_lfc; 09-10-19 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-10-19, 07:10 AM   #32
Gray
Dalglish

�� Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-10-19, 07:53 AM   #33
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
�� Thanks for sharing.
whats the ? mark icons about or are they just not showing up on my side
Old 10-10-19, 08:05 AM   #34
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

First of all, thanks for sharing such an excellent story Brian I think years ago you had mentioned your dad, wonderful long story that! That's what the Pint and Pool is all about

PS: I had wondered what those question mark icons are too and I just realised it must be when someone types from their phone and uses the emojis there, forum Software doesn't pick them up!
Old 10-10-19, 08:59 AM   #35
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
First of all, thanks for sharing such an excellent story Brian I think years ago you had mentioned your dad, wonderful long story that! That's what the Pint and Pool is all about

PS: I had wondered what those question mark icons are too and I just realised it must be when someone types from their phone and uses the emojis there, forum Software doesn't pick them up!
Yeah great Idea Sean, I have been on a couple of Liverpool podcasts talking about footie and recently I was thinking about different subjects to talk about rather the usually how to you beat the press or who should we buy in January topcis. I have long thought Football is magical, I read once someone describe it as working-class opera. One thing is for sure, its emotional, for many of us, it gives us meaning when somethings our lives dont have much. Hearing how football changes people, communities, that game during the War at Christmass, reminds us of our shared humanity. # I think # I am not stoned
Old 10-10-19, 08:11 AM   #36
Gray
Dalglish

It was a crying emoji. Obviously doesn’t show up on site.
Old 10-10-19, 08:54 AM   #37
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
It was a crying emoji. Obviously doesnít show up on site.
Cheers fella, yeah, I teared up a little writing that. I discovered writing recently when I journaled 40 days of appreciation. Shit popped up out of nowhere, like that line about the Liverpool top, that came into my mind in real time whilst I was writting that, I have never thought of it like that before but its 100 % true. Its good to express emotions that for many of us bounce around your head endlessly in a world population of 1.
Old 11-10-19, 06:55 AM   #38
Assassin
Kloppite

Nicey
Old 11-10-19, 11:52 AM   #39
frank the tank
Shankly

Wow.

Not sure this was what Sean had in mind when he set up this thread - but this is powerful stuff.

I think only LFC can make people like that. Otherr fans are obviously fanatical and committed to their teams. But Jurgen said something along the lines of "whoever doesn't feel what LFC means obviously doesn't have a heart" when he got his world coach of the year award recently. That really resonated with me.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 06:10 PM   #40
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Wow.

Not sure this was what Sean had in mind when he set up this thread - but this is powerful stuff.

I think only LFC can make people like that. Otherr fans are obviously fanatical and committed to their teams. But Jurgen said something along the lines of "whoever doesn't feel what LFC means obviously doesn't have a heart" when he got his world coach of the year award recently. That really resonated with me.
Yeah, me too, I wad drawn to Liverpool because of the decency, the stand-up nature of the people and the club, the Liverpool way. I love that a man of the Calibre of Jurgen Kloop is our manager, he is such a decent human being, so well put together. A father, a husband, a coach, a man of faith of principal, it warms my heart knowing he is our manager. When ever its his time to go, I hope he does so with warmth smiles and a deafening salute because he has truly transformed this club in 4 short years.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC