It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 30-09-19, 08:30 AM   #241
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He's already well past the stage where if we do go on and win something he can genuinely know he contributed and enjoy it.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-19, 09:58 AM   #242
memzey
Fagan

My only concern now is what impact reintroducing Alison to the team will have. He will probably be a bit rusty and under some pressure due to Adrian’s performances. We all know Alison is a world class gk but has Adrian actually done anything worthy of being dropped? I don’t think so. Nice problem to have I suppose.
Old 30-09-19, 10:10 AM   #243
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by memzey View Post
My only concern now is what impact reintroducing Alison to the team will have. He will probably be a bit rusty and under some pressure due to Adrianís performances. We all know Alison is a world class gk but has Adrian actually done anything worthy of being dropped? I donít think so. Nice problem to have I suppose.
It's no brainer, if Alisson is fit, he plays. As good as Adrian has been, there's no comparison. He's a number 2, he doesn't need an explanation for being 'dropped'.

A lot of backup keepers can step up and do well for a month or so and will generally be exposed over time. I'm not saying this is the case, as we're speaking about a keeper with a lot of top flight experience and was called up to the Spain squad a few years back. There's a clear reason why Alisson is recognised as one of the best in the world.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-19, 10:14 AM   #244
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
It's no brainer, if Alisson is fit, he plays. As good as Adrian has been, there's no comparison. He's a number 2, he doesn't need an explanation for being 'dropped'.

A lot of backup keepers can step up and do well for a month or so and will generally be exposed over time. I'm not saying this is the case, as we're speaking about a keeper with a lot of top flight experience and was called up to the Spain squad a few years back. There's a clear reason why Alisson is recognised as one of the best in the world.
I also think we are missing a little bit of organization, I feel like the defence has been a little bit more over the place with Adrian. But, over the moon with him though, surpassed all expectations.
Old 30-09-19, 11:59 AM   #245
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
My only concern now is what impact reintroducing Alison to the team will have. He will probably be a bit rusty and under some pressure due to Adrianís performances. We all know Alison is a world class gk but has Adrian actually done anything worthy of being dropped? I donít think so. Nice problem to have I suppose.
I think getting back to match sharpness is part of the recoup period. Once he's ready he's ready
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-19, 12:00 PM   #246
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAndWhite View Post
I doubt he would mind. He has probably played 10ish more games so far than he thought he would.

Fully deserves his CL medal and PL medal
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-19, 02:54 PM   #247
memzey
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post

Itís not a no brainier and I wasnít suggesting Adrian should keep Alisson out of the team. I was raising the concern that reintroducing Alisson to the first team after this extended and successful spell with Adrian in goal might result in some disruption. I do think itís a concern regardless of either playerís upper limit of ability. Needs to be handled well.
Old 30-09-19, 02:57 PM   #248
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Itís not a no brainier and I wasnít suggesting Adrian should keep Alisson out of the team. I was raising the concern that reintroducing Alisson to the first team after this extended and successful spell with Adrian in goal might result in some disruption. I do think itís a concern regardless of either playerís upper limit of ability. Needs to be handled well.
Well yes, but it's a very welcome disruption isn't it? Like when you need to adjust to sharing your bed with Jessica Alba or something.
Old 30-09-19, 03:28 PM   #249
memzey
Fagan

Indeed. Both situations “need to be handled well”
Old 30-09-19, 06:20 PM   #250
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Indeed. Both situations ďneed to be handled wellĒ
Old 30-09-19, 11:31 PM   #251
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Why not put Alisson in the league cup to readjust then switch keepers for the next round? Unless Alisson shows no signs of rustiness, in which case, he goes straight into the starting XI.
Old 01-10-19, 08:19 AM   #252
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

As soon as he's 100% fit and ready he'll be straight in the team. Adrian will know that and he'll accept it.

Some massive games coming up. Looking at the calendar he looks nailed on to be back in the team for the Manu United match. Ideally though we'd have him back for the Leicester match rather than throw him straight in at Old Trafford.
Old 01-10-19, 10:31 AM   #253
Phoenix07
The Normal One

He might put him in for Genk away in the Champions League, as that really should be 3 points in the bag.

We have Spurs after that, so see how he feels physically, because we have Arsenal in the Carabao Cup after that (well, maybe).
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 11:08 AM   #254
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

If I was Adrian, I'd be wanting Alisson back ASAP. As things stand, he'll go down as an LFC legend if we go on to lift a major trophy, but the more games he plays for us, the greater the risk he makes a balls up and goes down the Karius route.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 01:06 PM   #255
McDermotX
Paisley

How have I never seen this before ?

Old 06-10-19, 02:04 PM   #256
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Hahahaha
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 02:16 PM   #257
BigChief
Paisley

Racist
Old 06-10-19, 02:52 PM   #258
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Look at the other players faces.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 04:26 PM   #259
gratziani
Dalglish

Been brilliant for us , doesn't make me nervous like Mig and Karius did

Improved us no end. 8 wins on the spin in the league
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 09:43 PM   #260
SB
Paisley

Yeah he’s a solid deputy & as good as we can expect from a No2 who’s not expecting to start other than cup matches or due ti injuries.

He’s done more than enough to earn a PL winners medal unlike Mig with his CL winners medal lol
Old 07-10-19, 08:11 AM   #261
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He's improved with every game. Very impressed with his mentality, he seems a winner.

Very harsh for him to drop out now having won all 8 games, but what can you do?
Old 07-10-19, 08:16 AM   #262
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I thought that was shit on Saturday, he should have saved it.

He's been fantastic on the whole, but Alisson should come straight back for the Utd game imo. We've done incredibly well to get through this spell without Adrian costing us a single point.
Old 07-10-19, 08:29 AM   #263
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I thought that was shit on Saturday, he should have saved it.

He's been fantastic on the whole, but Alisson should come straight back for the Utd game imo. We've done incredibly well to get through this spell without Adrian costing us a single point.
Yeah he probably should have saved it, although Madison hit it early and caught him out. I still thought he was great. Didn't panic at all. Got better with the ball at his feet too. It's been his attitude I've been most impressed with.

Obviously he has to drop out, there's no debate, Alisson is on another level, but after winning all 8 games it's fair to say he's a bit unlucky
Old 07-10-19, 08:58 AM   #264
Fuzzy
Fagan

Nobody mentioning that 1 v. 1 save on Vardy where he just took the ball from under his feet so cleanly, I thought that was incredible. An amazing no.2 to have, funny that he was released by West Ham.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 09:53 AM   #265
DeeTheDog
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Nobody mentioning that 1 v. 1 save on Vardy where he just took the ball from under his feet so cleanly, I thought that was incredible. An amazing no.2 to have, funny that he was released by West Ham.
Although a good save I thought he should have come off his line to stop the chance. Alisson is much more pro-active keeper and does the fundamentals so well, he often doesn't need to make spectacular saves.
DeeTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC