It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 03-09-19, 10:32 AM   #1961
Nicey
Paisley

An amazing achievement mate, Does he just train BJJ or does he cross-train other disciplines too? have you ever dabbled yourself

We have a girl at our place and she is the world under 14 champion and shes a brown belt. I think the BJJ black belt is the single most difficult martial arts grading in the world , so massive massive respect to him, you must be so proud.
Old 03-09-19, 11:42 AM   #1962
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
An amazing achievement mate, Does he just train BJJ or does he cross-train other disciplines too? have you ever dabbled yourself

We have a girl at our place and she is the world under 14 champion and she's a brown belt. I think the BJJ black belt is the single most difficult martial arts grading in the world , so massive massive respect to him, you must be so proud.
I think Nexus is a mix of Karate, Judo and Krav Maga (I could have those details wrong but it's what I remember), I'd be happy to find out more!

But basically he learns traditional forms, ground skills, hand skills and assailant handling.

Sadly he has to move to the next age group so he'll have to ceremonially hand back his black belt and start at a lower grade with the big kids next week!

I am immensely proud
Old 03-09-19, 02:33 PM   #1963
Nicey
Paisley

Brilliant,
Krav Maga is great for self defence and self-confidence. I love this video, real Jason Bourne stuff

Happy Happy memories, these days I am all Budha bells and love man

Old 03-09-19, 03:10 PM   #1964
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
Brilliant,
Krav Maga is great for self defence and self-confidence. I love this video, real Jason Bourne stuff
The Best Krav Maga practitioner in the World - YouTube
That move at 1:23 - my son can do that but the ground variation (not jumping to the neck). So maybe one component is Krav Maga?
Old 03-09-19, 03:36 PM   #1965
Nicey
Paisley

looks like JuJitsu, a lot of the stuff in this video is kind of demo stuff, this guy also does fight choreography, the most effective training Krav teaches you is to not be there, have situational awareness and know your surroundings, at all costs avoid conflict, but when its on, its on 100% with absolute violence, until your attacker or attackers are not longer an issue, the soonest you can get out of there the better. They teach never ever go to the ground in a street fight, training how to take a roll back, forward and pop right back up to fighting position, if someone has a knife, fucking avoid at all costs because the chances are its not going to go down like it does in the movies

Anyways it was ahile ago, great martial arts, for me its up there with BJJ in how effective it is rather than this

Last edited by Nicey; 03-09-19 at 03:58 PM.
Nicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 03:43 PM   #1966
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Yeah that's the right advice
Old 03-09-19, 04:10 PM   #1967
Nicey
Paisley

Actually looking forward to this
Old 08-09-19, 10:52 AM   #1968
Nicey
Paisley

Pretty Meh, card. I think Potier made one mistake, he should have just threw caution to the wind when he managed to wobble him, take him to the ground and smash the fuck out of his nose.

Tony Ferguson will be the exact same fight. Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal will be awesome
Old 08-09-19, 06:43 PM   #1969
Frenchie
Dalglish

the power of Ne Waza ;-)
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 06:17 AM   #1970
Nicey
Paisley

I had a kid with me watching it, I say Kid, hes 6.1 75kg with as close to zero body fat you are going to see outside of a bodybuilding competition, half Serbia half South African, dad is elite special forces and mates with Mirko. He wants to be a MMA fighter and if they gave our wins for scary looking dudes he would win everytime. But I was telling him, if he was my lad and he wanted to jump into a ring against this generation of fighters, if you are not worldclass at Judo, BJJ or Wrestling its a fucking non starter. On the undercard on the early prelims ther was another lad from SA fighter and Kick Boxing phenom, he simply got in his pocket, put him up against the fence and hit with an occasional elbow, knee, eventually scoring a couple of take downs and winning. Dominc Cruz who I think is the smartest commentator in the game, said, that kid better get used to it or change his game because thats what everyone will do against him.

Brought us onto a conversation about Khabib, how do you beat him? I basically said until he faces another worldclass wrestler like Matt Huges in his prime, he will have his way with everyone, You only get one small chance with him and thats if you clip him, he has a chin but he has been wobbled two times now, I honestly think you jump on him and try and smash his nose into a 1000 pieces, chances are you are not knocking him out, the nose has to be weakest part of a figher, does not matter how tough you are, you cannot train your nose lol then again he could probally wrestle half blind from muscle memory.
Old 14-09-19, 10:00 AM   #1971
Nicey
Paisley

Forester,

Your son should check out this guys instructionals, super-aggressive but effective Krav guy from Israel.

Also you guys hearing these rumours GSP is going to come out of retirment to fight Khabib after fergeson

Old 15-09-19, 10:13 AM   #1972
cezar78
Souness

I see a lot of bjj techniques in krav maga
cezar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-19, 10:17 AM   #1973
Nicey
Paisley

Yeah, it's just a collection of techniques which are very usable in real-life situations, developed from the ground up for violent unplanned situations. I think BJJ is the absolute best traditional martial art which is effective in a real-life situation, hence why you would see a lot of it in Krav.

est1892 > General > General Sports