It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 07-10-19, 02:11 PM   #1201
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Tis true, we could be looking at 10 wins out of 8 with a better midfield!
I mean I know results in the league this season couldn't be any better, but maybe some of the tighter games would have been that bit more comfortable or convincing?

There's a design for this team with the players we've signed, but I still don't think we've been able to see much of 'plan A' in terms of the midfield.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 03:20 PM   #1202
Scratch
If you fail once....

Depends on what Klopp wants from his midfield trio;
Is he he happy knowing that keeping all of the front three quiet for 90 mins is a hard task for any defence so as long as the midfield presses and wins the ball back. If so, then it's performing the role to perfection.
However, if he wants more goals from midfield, then I think we can all see that isn't happening. Altho it does appear that out of the 3, Gini has the most license to break forwards and if he was a more accomplished finisher then he could easily break double figures this season. Maybe that's the role that Klopp think Ox can fill?
Old 07-10-19, 03:33 PM   #1203
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Depends on what Klopp wants from his midfield trio;
Is he he happy knowing that keeping all of the front three quiet for 90 mins is a hard task for any defence so as long as the midfield presses and wins the ball back. If so, then it's performing the role to perfection.
However, if he wants more goals from midfield, then I think we can all see that isn't happening. Altho it does appear that out of the 3, Gini has the most license to break forwards and if he was a more accomplished finisher then he could easily break double figures this season. Maybe that's the role that Klopp think Ox can fill?
I think he's happy as it is but if any of the front 3 were injured then we'd be riding our luck a bit. That's my slant on it anyway
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 04:21 PM   #1204
Pepe79
Dalglish

There's no way we bought Naby and Ox with the intention of them playing as few minutes as each of them have so far.
In which case what we're seeing is an improvised midfield/s, suited to the players we have available or up and running in terms of fitness.

Bringing a in pre injury Ox or Red Bull Naby for Hendo or Gini changes the dynamic of the midfield in a big way.
Old 07-10-19, 04:37 PM   #1205
gratziani
Dalglish

I would say that Gini and Hendo have upped their game to keep the other two out of the team.

Competition for places and all that.
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 04:37 PM   #1206
gratziani
Dalglish

Same as Fabinho last season, had to force his way into the team and play well to stay there.
Old 07-10-19, 04:51 PM   #1207
Pepe79
Dalglish

Nobody's had to up their game to keep Ox out last season, nor Naby so far this season.

I'm not saying that Gini and Hendo wouldn't play at all. They would still be the right players for certain games or opposition. Just that there must be plenty of instances where we've had to play them where we'd ideally have played 1 if not both of the others instead. And since they're not like for like, that will have influenced our set up in those games.

We bought Fabinho because we needed a dedicated DM. Obviously he has to play well to keep his place, but it was always the plan that he would establish himself as our 1st choice DM.
Old 07-10-19, 04:57 PM   #1208
gratziani
Dalglish

Injuries have hampered Naby and OX , hoping in a month or two they are playing to ease the burden on the usual 3 / 4 who play most weeks
Old 07-10-19, 05:04 PM   #1209
Pepe79
Dalglish

Yeah I get that

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC