It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 28-06-16, 03:28 PM   #41
Yozza
Shankly

New Liverpool signing Sadio Mane on Klopp, Istanbul and following in Gerrard's footsteps

Sadio Mane has revealed how Jurgen Klopp played a key role in convincing him to swap Southampton for Liverpool.

The Senegalese international completed a £30m switch to Anfield on Tuesday , becoming the third most expensive signing in Reds history.

Mane will wear the No.19 shirt on Merseyside, and speaking shortly after putting pen to paper on his long-term contract, said it was “the right club, the right coach and the right moment” for him.

“Today is a big day,” he said. “I’m very happy to sign for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, a club with a lot of trophies and a big story.

“Now I’m looking forward to meeting all the staff, my teammates and to start the season.

“I knew that Liverpool were interested in me. I had some opportunities, but for me it is the right club, the right coach and the right moment to change. I am very happy to be part of Liverpool Football Club.

“I spoke with him (Klopp). I think he played a big role in me coming to Liverpool, and I want to thank him for his confidence. I am looking forward to working hard and giving my best for the club

“He said he wanted me to come to Liverpool. I didn’t even have to ask myself, I said straight away that I was interested because I knew Liverpool. It was the right club for me, and the right coach as well.”

Mane’s recent memories of Liverpool will be positive – he scored twice against the Reds at St Mary’s back in March, and netted four times in all against them last season.

But the 24-year-old was already well familiar with his new club by that point, as he revealed to Liverpoolfc.com today.

“Liverpool is the big club in the world,” he said. “I remember when I was younger, I watched Liverpool versus AC Milan in 2005, which was amazing. I was very happy for Liverpool that night.

“They have always had great players, legends like Gerrard, Carragher and others. I can say now that it is a dream come true, and I am very happy to be part of Liverpool.

He added: “I remember the game (in March). We won 3-2, and I was happy to score the two goals for my team. But now it’s behind me and I am looking forward to my new challenge and being ready for next season.

“I am looking forward to playing with the great players like Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana, Milner.

“It’s very exciting to play at Anfield, in front of the amazing fans. I’m looking forward to a great season together, as a club.

“I want the fans to have confidence. I think this season will be special, and I am excited to meet everybody and enjoy the season.”

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 28-06-16, 03:32 PM   #42
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Sadio Mane has revealed how Jurgen Klopp played a key role in convincing him to swap Southampton for Liverpool
He's said 'I'll triple your salary' .
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 03:33 PM   #43
Rowan
Shankly

He'd have been 13 or something when we beat Milan. Fucking hell I feel old
Old 28-06-16, 03:34 PM   #44
Yozza
Shankly

Liverpool transfer for Sadio Mane is not an exciting marquee signing - Klopp can change that

There is no reason why the apathy that has met Mane signing can't become something more

Jurgen Klopp has been insistent from the beginning. In his first campaign – a furious one which had injuries, adaptation, an unprecedented fixture pile-up – the German found one consistency.

His management is about training, not transfers.

That was his message when he arrived in October. It was similar a month later, in the aftermath of his first defeat as Liverpool manager.

“I’m not the guy who buys 10 players today and sells 10 players tomorrow, because we want to work together,” he said.

“I believe in training, sometimes I feel like I’m the only one in this country who believes in training, only others believe in transfers.

“I love this game because training can make the difference.”

That idea has been prevalent throughout his first year on Merseyside. He said it when he missed out on Alex Teixeira because of Shakhtar’s astronomical demands - “We have money, but we are not in Disneyland” - and was intimating similar in the build-up to the Europa League final.

It’s training, not transfers, which Klopp cares about most.

But that isn’t sexy enough. Rolling news channels of torturous yellow hue do not concern themselves with kilometres run around training cones; social media does not become ablaze because of preparations on a Friday afternoon at Melwood.

Modern football is obsessed with transfers. They are followed as fiercely as what happens on the pitch, eliciting the same emotions. A successful signing is cause for celebration; missing out on a target prompts despair.

What a contrast then, that a manager so charismatic, should focus on something so regarded as banal.

He would no doubt be confused with the reaction to Sadio Mane’s £30m move to Anfield, which is expected to be completed today.

The criticisms over the deal are clear, and most are fair. There is concern over the fee, questions over his consistency and grumbling over a transfer which once more involves Southampton.

There has been another cause for complaint, however. Mane is not the marquee signing.

It’s a questionable term in footballing lexicon full of them. The ‘managerial merry-go-round’ does not see Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola straddling plastic pink horses eating cotton candy, nor is the ‘road to Wembley’ a long strip of tarmac which cars career up until finally parking up at the FA Cup final in May.

Likewise, no player has ever been unveiled under a marquee. The utterance of the term, however, is revealing. He is the main man, the big hitter, a player to sell thousands of shirts with a mere wave to the crowd.

That isn’t Mane. It could have been Mario Gotze, but he has become so accustomed to the bench at the Allianz Arena, he wants to stay there. Despite that, the German’s arrival would have no doubt been lauded more than Mane’s.

Yet look at their respective efforts over the last 24 months. Mane has scored the fastest Premier League hat trick, notching three goals in under three minutes; he has scored against Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton; he bagged a stunning treble against Manchester City, and put four past Liverpool this season. His level of performance has seen him attract interest from Manchester United, Tottenham and Bayern Munich.

In that time, Gotze has started just 39 league games and has struggled to maintain the standard that saw him as Germany’s World Cup winner. He has won titles, but has been a peripheral figure, a loss of form and fitness telling.

That is not to suggest Mane is a better player than Gotze. Indeed, a comparison feels pointless, the difference in their styles raising the question how the Senegalese was considered the alternative.

The apathy is tangible; Mane as the star buy is an underwhelming prospect. That is despite the forward producing some truly outstanding moments in the Premier League.

Perhaps that – the Premier League – is the key to this. Mane has been a weekly fixture on television screens for the past two years. The joy of the unknown is very much absent.

That intense feeling towards transfers is akin to a child at Christmas. That wander down the stairs to see what Santa has left is no different to the turn of the newspaper page to see who will be wearing red from August onwards. Receiving a toy you have already played with is not much fun at all.

That’s understandable. There is no real allure to Mane’s arrival and, after two years at Southampton, the mystique is non-existent.

Remember Klopp’s vow, though. Training, not transfers.

Fans have seen what he is capable of at the Saints, but not Liverpool.

When the Reds appointed Klopp, he came with a reputation of improving players. In his first campaign, he did that with a number of the current squad – including attack-minded players such as Roberto Firmino, Divock Origi and Adam Lallana.

His currency is in creating stars, not collecting them from elsewhere.

Mane is still considered a raw talent. At 24, there is plenty of scope for improvement. No player has had as many unsuccessful touches as him over the past two seasons, and he attempted an average of 33 passes per game in 2015-16.

Statistics that need to improve, and could do under Klopp. Mane’s previous two managers – Roger Schmidt and Ronald Koeman – both liked to play a pressing game, something that will be valuable under another keen proponent of that style.

There is not much excitement surrounding Mane, but there could be once Klopp gets him on the training pitch.

Liverpool have rarely been a club to pursue the biggest names available, and without Champions League football, that will continue.

The Reds boss won’t mind that, either. It is training, not transfers, which excite him.

Perhaps it should excite the fans, too. It did in October.

For now, fans must simply tear down their marquee infatuation, for Klopp at Melwood is the biggest show in town.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 04:26 PM   #45
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
Sadio Mane ā—¸ All Southampton Goals ā—¸ 2014-2016 - YouTube

All his goals for Southampton. Not sure why everyone is so down on this. Loving his compusure in front of goal and surely his pace will open up and create plenty of space for others

think he will be a huge hit.
If he repeats his barren spells with us, we'll be hoping one on ones start falling to Benteke and he'll make Coutinho look clinical.

That being said, he should still create space for other as you mention, even when off form and definitely adds another dimension to our attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
It looks like he's taking a strikers position for most of those goals rather than cutting in from the wing.

Do the long spells where he doesn't score come when he plays wide?
Last year they didn't. He played more games centrally than out wide, but only scored 2 of his goals from there according to reports.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 04:47 PM   #46
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
He'd have been 13 or something
He might not be that young...
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 05:38 PM   #47
Patricks_Berger
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
He might not be that young...
If he was 13 in 2005, 11 years ago, he'd be 24 now.

Which he is.
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 06:03 PM   #48
Angryred
Dalglish

Yep, gets my vote!...looking forward to him linking up with Ings, Sturridge, Origi, Coutinho & Firmino...we won't be fancied at all by any of the PL defenders!

Lovren, Matip & the rest of the defenders incl our keepers will be made to work for their pay in training.

Last edited by Angryred; 28-06-16 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Angryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 06:49 PM   #49
el matador
Facing the firing squad for suggesting Brian McBride as a transfer target!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Bit of pace and power finally! It's something we've needed for some time. Let's hope he can fit the bill

some fans are going nuts about signing a player we actually need. wtf ?
Old 28-06-16, 06:55 PM   #50
Exiled_red
Paisley

Welcome to LFC
Old 28-06-16, 07:07 PM   #51
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by el matador View Post

some fans are going nuts about signing a player we actually need. wtf ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Welcome to LFC
minge
Old 28-06-16, 07:08 PM   #52
red g
Paisley

r reports from the reliable Liverpool Echo, the Reds are targeting Sadio Mane as their key summer transfer in attack. Rumored to command a few of about £30 million, Mane would rank as Liverpool’s third largest signing in history. Mane is a secondary target for the Reds after Mario Gotze basically refused to come to Anfield despite his struggles over the past couple seasons at Bayern Munich. Possessing tremendous pace and promising yet inconsistent skills in the final third, Mane would be a big signing for Liverpool. However, is Mane the best option for the Reds out wide, especially for such a hefty fee and weekly wage?

Operating primarily on the right wing this season for Southampton, Mane scored 15 goals and assisted another nine in 43 appearances (transfermarkt). Utilizing his scintillating pace and clinical finishing in the final third, Mane is a very streaky player who did not record a goal or assist for almost four months before scoring eight in as many matches. Mane would offer a wide presence that Liverpool were unable to provide this season after the departure of Raheem Sterling. Due to Jordon Ibe’s developmental lull, the Reds were devoid of width throughout the second half of the season that Klopp has made a point of addressing this transfer window. Mane’s ability to run in behind the defense from the right wing would add a totally new dimension to the Liverpool attack. Currently, Adam Lallana plays on the right side as a part of the midfield three behind the striker in Klopp’s preferred 4-2-3-1 formation. Lallana’s role is more of a facilitator to help Liverpool’s more creative players get in dangerous positions. Also, Lallana is best known for his ability to operate the press and consistently win back the ball for his side. Mane would be much more of an attacking focal point, while offering a presence in the final third that Lallana does not appear capable of.

Mane would be brought in as competition for Lallana, but the two players are very different in their styles. Mane attacks with pace and focuses more on finishing off his own chances whereas Lallana’s role is to create for others. For a better illustration, Mane averaged 2.1 dribbles, 1.1 key passes, and 2.3 shots per game whereas Lallana only made 1.2 dribbles and 1.5 shots per game, but made 1.7 key passes per match (whoscored). The key difference between Mane and Lallana is that Mane operates by running at defenders down the flanks while Lallana, though technically a wide player, tends to drift inside more and participate in buildup rather than charging down wide areas. Whether or not the change in style from the right midfield position would have a significant impact on the side is up for debate, but Mane would clearly offer a threat that Lallana cannot, utilizing his skillset that none of Liverpool’s players currently possess.

Perhaps the biggest reason why Klopp is so interested in Mane is the Senegalese player’s underrated ability to press. As I previously mentioned, Lallana’s ever presence in the Liverpool team this past season was largely due to his pressing abilities. However, Mane might actually be an upgrade over the Englishman in this area of the game. This season Mane averaged a stellar 1.5 tackles and 0.9 interceptions per match (whoscored). Even though Lallana averaged 0.5 more tackles per match, Mane actually made 0.4 more interceptions per match (whoscored). In addition, Mane recovered possession for the Saints every 14.2 minutes, virtually the same as Lallana’s mark of a recovery every 14.06 minutes (liverpoolfc.com). Mane’s ability to press the defense in a side that did not have the fervent demands of Jurgen Klopp is the most underrated side of Mane’s game. Plus, Mane would only improve his defensive abilities under a manager who values the defensive aspect more than Koeman at Southampton. Mane may have the same effectiveness pressing as Lallana does now, but if he were to come to Anfield and work with Klopp, the Senegal International would likely become superior to Lallana.

Despite Mane’s incredibly frustrating inconsistency that would need to be ironed out in order for him to become an unequivocal success for such a pricy fee, he would definitely be an upgrade on Lallana. However, for a huge fee of £30 million, Mane does not have the consistency to be immediately worth such a large sum. Mane would arrive on Merseyside as the fourth best attacking player in the Reds’ side behind Sturridge, Coutinho, and Firmino. Plus, the latter two players struggled this season from the inconsistency that plagued Mane (albeit to a lesser extent than the Southampton wide man) suggesting that this problem, which happened one of the biggest reasons why the Reds finished a mere eighth in the table, may not be immediately fixed by adding Mane to the squad. In fact, Mane could actually make this problem worse after his season was basically three seasons in one where he started strong, then disappeared for a few months, before finishing the season in the same form he started. For a Reds side that needs to take advantage of no European competitions this season by finishing in the top four, Mane’s inconsistency combined with current Reds’ players inability to consistently deliver at the level they are capable of could worsen the problem.

Mane is a notorious stat padder who was not as dominant as his 15 goal/9 assist tally would suggest. Southampton are a club that regularly sell their players well above market value especially to other Premier League clubs. If the Reds were forced to pay £30 million (the Saints initially wanted £40 million) it would be another overpay for a Southampton player, as transfermarkt rates Mane’s market value at £20 million. Transfermarkt is not an exact valuation system, but their analysis of Mane is pretty accurate. Mane has the potential to be worth upwards of £40 million and perhaps even higher, but his lack of consistency warrants a much cheaper fee despite his flashy stat line. At that high of a fee, the Reds should be welcoming in a player that would immediately become one of the three best players in the side. Mane is only that level for about half the season and while Klopp could develop the Senegalese striker into the level he could become, a £30-£40 million player should traditionally be much closer to the finished product.

With all of the money going into the coffers of Premier League sides this season, it should not be surprising that Southampton are asking for such a high fee. Market values are at astronomical highs, and for a player with Mane’s skillset that would fit into what the Reds need very well, there are few options that would equal what Mane can bring to Anfield. As a result, purchasing Mane would be an overpay, but due to current market conditions, this may be the Reds’ only viable option. In addition, under the tutelage of Klopp, Mane could become a player that is worth almost twice of what the Reds pay for him. The Senegal international regularly goes through stretches in which he is easily one of the best players in England, and if Klopp can develop Mane into a player who can consistently perform at this level, the Reds would be getting a steal. A £30 million fee is a realistic cost in today’s market to purchase a player that offers a very good level of play in the short term, but who also has a potential to be a star. Many Liverpool fans would be disappointed to have to shell out so much money for a player that is not the finished product—myself included—but unfortunately this is a direct result of current market conditions. Mane would not be the perfect signing, but due to exorbitant valuations in the transfer market and Mane’s premium skillset, a £30 million transfer would be an acceptable piece of business for the Reds that could turn out to be a massive bargain a few years down the road.

http://jkavo.sportsblog.com/posts/20...iverpool-.html

a bit tompkin-esque but worth a rread

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 07:20 PM   #53
Assassin
Kloppite

Very Benderesque post, as he has already signed
Old 28-06-16, 07:29 PM   #54
brightred
Befuddled

Can we change his name to Happio?
Old 28-06-16, 07:37 PM   #55
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Very Benderesque post, as he has already signed
but the points still stand

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 07:54 PM   #56
~LFCHistory~
Fagan

The kid's going to be a legend here. Absolute bargain.
~LFCHistory~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 07:57 PM   #57
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 08:34 PM   #58
redmike65
Shankly

Quote:
2000 words here

I fell asleep after about 1200 words, did he do it and did they get him?
redmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 10:32 PM   #59
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Please don't be another Benteke.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 08:30 AM   #60
Angryred
Dalglish

Talking

Quote:
r reports from the reliable Liverpool Echo, the Reds are targeting Sadio Mane as their key summer transfer in attack. Rumored to command a few of about £30 million, Mane would rank as Liverpool’s third largest signing in history. Mane is a secondary target for the Reds after Mario Gotze basically refused to come to Anfield despite his struggles over the past couple seasons at Bayern Munich. Possessing tremendous pace and promising yet inconsistent skills in the final third, Mane would be a big signing for Liverpool. However, is Mane the best option for the Reds out wide, especially for such a hefty fee and weekly wage?

Operating primarily on the right wing this season for Southampton, Mane scored 15 goals and assisted another nine in 43 appearances (transfermarkt). Utilizing his scintillating pace and clinical finishing in the final third, Mane is a very streaky player who did not record a goal or assist for almost four months before scoring eight in as many matches. Mane would offer a wide presence that Liverpool were unable to provide this season after the departure of Raheem Sterling. Due to Jordon Ibe’s developmental lull, the Reds were devoid of width throughout the second half of the season that Klopp has made a point of addressing this transfer window. Mane’s ability to run in behind the defense from the right wing would add a totally new dimension to the Liverpool attack. Currently, Adam Lallana plays on the right side as a part of the midfield three behind the striker in Klopp’s preferred 4-2-3-1 formation. Lallana’s role is more of a facilitator to help Liverpool’s more creative players get in dangerous positions. Also, Lallana is best known for his ability to operate the press and consistently win back the ball for his side. Mane would be much more of an attacking focal point, while offering a presence in the final third that Lallana does not appear capable of.

Mane would be brought in as competition for Lallana, but the two players are very different in their styles. Mane attacks with pace and focuses more on finishing off his own chances whereas Lallana’s role is to create for others. For a better illustration, Mane averaged 2.1 dribbles, 1.1 key passes, and 2.3 shots per game whereas Lallana only made 1.2 dribbles and 1.5 shots per game, but made 1.7 key passes per match (whoscored). The key difference between Mane and Lallana is that Mane operates by running at defenders down the flanks while Lallana, though technically a wide player, tends to drift inside more and participate in buildup rather than charging down wide areas. Whether or not the change in style from the right midfield position would have a significant impact on the side is up for debate, but Mane would clearly offer a threat that Lallana cannot, utilizing his skillset that none of Liverpool’s players currently possess.

Perhaps the biggest reason why Klopp is so interested in Mane is the Senegalese player’s underrated ability to press. As I previously mentioned, Lallana’s ever presence in the Liverpool team this past season was largely due to his pressing abilities. However, Mane might actually be an upgrade over the Englishman in this area of the game. This season Mane averaged a stellar 1.5 tackles and 0.9 interceptions per match (whoscored). Even though Lallana averaged 0.5 more tackles per match, Mane actually made 0.4 more interceptions per match (whoscored). In addition, Mane recovered possession for the Saints every 14.2 minutes, virtually the same as Lallana’s mark of a recovery every 14.06 minutes (liverpoolfc.com). Mane’s ability to press the defense in a side that did not have the fervent demands of Jurgen Klopp is the most underrated side of Mane’s game. Plus, Mane would only improve his defensive abilities under a manager who values the defensive aspect more than Koeman at Southampton. Mane may have the same effectiveness pressing as Lallana does now, but if he were to come to Anfield and work with Klopp, the Senegal International would likely become superior to Lallana.

Despite Mane’s incredibly frustrating inconsistency that would need to be ironed out in order for him to become an unequivocal success for such a pricy fee, he would definitely be an upgrade on Lallana. However, for a huge fee of £30 million, Mane does not have the consistency to be immediately worth such a large sum. Mane would arrive on Merseyside as the fourth best attacking player in the Reds’ side behind Sturridge, Coutinho, and Firmino. Plus, the latter two players struggled this season from the inconsistency that plagued Mane (albeit to a lesser extent than the Southampton wide man) suggesting that this problem, which happened one of the biggest reasons why the Reds finished a mere eighth in the table, may not be immediately fixed by adding Mane to the squad. In fact, Mane could actually make this problem worse after his season was basically three seasons in one where he started strong, then disappeared for a few months, before finishing the season in the same form he started. For a Reds side that needs to take advantage of no European competitions this season by finishing in the top four, Mane’s inconsistency combined with current Reds’ players inability to consistently deliver at the level they are capable of could worsen the problem.

Mane is a notorious stat padder who was not as dominant as his 15 goal/9 assist tally would suggest. Southampton are a club that regularly sell their players well above market value especially to other Premier League clubs. If the Reds were forced to pay £30 million (the Saints initially wanted £40 million) it would be another overpay for a Southampton player, as transfermarkt rates Mane’s market value at £20 million. Transfermarkt is not an exact valuation system, but their analysis of Mane is pretty accurate. Mane has the potential to be worth upwards of £40 million and perhaps even higher, but his lack of consistency warrants a much cheaper fee despite his flashy stat line. At that high of a fee, the Reds should be welcoming in a player that would immediately become one of the three best players in the side. Mane is only that level for about half the season and while Klopp could develop the Senegalese striker into the level he could become, a £30-£40 million player should traditionally be much closer to the finished product.

With all of the money going into the coffers of Premier League sides this season, it should not be surprising that Southampton are asking for such a high fee. Market values are at astronomical highs, and for a player with Mane’s skillset that would fit into what the Reds need very well, there are few options that would equal what Mane can bring to Anfield. As a result, purchasing Mane would be an overpay, but due to current market conditions, this may be the Reds’ only viable option. In addition, under the tutelage of Klopp, Mane could become a player that is worth almost twice of what the Reds pay for him. The Senegal international regularly goes through stretches in which he is easily one of the best players in England, and if Klopp can develop Mane into a player who can consistently perform at this level, the Reds would be getting a steal. A £30 million fee is a realistic cost in today’s market to purchase a player that offers a very good level of play in the short term, but who also has a potential to be a star. Many Liverpool fans would be disappointed to have to shell out so much money for a player that is not the finished product—myself included—but unfortunately this is a direct result of current market conditions. Mane would not be the perfect signing, but due to exorbitant valuations in the transfer market and Mane’s premium skillset, a £30 million transfer would be an acceptable piece of business for the Reds that could turn out to be a massive bargain a few years down the road.

hurting my head trying to read this!...Is this one all of the threads bunched up together about Mane?
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 29-06-16, 09:06 AM   #61
kev776
Paisley

A better version of Stirling for 20m less.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 09:15 AM   #62
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
That's definitely one way to look at it. Sterling hasn't really pushed on from us. Got decent numbers but is extremely wasteful. Still, just a kid but he's a long way off realising a 50m fee.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 09:23 AM   #63
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
Effectively yeah, more end product and hopefully less hassle. I think this will be a good fit actually. He's no Benteke, Mane is being bought to fulfill a certain role in the team, Benteke was not. Fot that reason alone, I'm confident this will be a success.
Old 29-06-16, 09:35 AM   #64
Pepe79
Dalglish

Benteke was bought for a certain role, he was just completely the wrong fit.
Hopefully Mane is the right man for the position Klopp wants him for.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 10:16 AM   #65
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

Finally

meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 10:31 AM   #66
Vermilion
Shooterista

lean. picked a good place to do it too.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 10:46 AM   #67
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Looks like Dule Hill in that pic.

RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 11:36 AM   #68
kev776
Paisley

Akabussi?
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 11:38 AM   #69
Muddled
Meat Shield

No, it's Dule Hill.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 07:32 PM   #70
redmike65
Shankly

Mane v Bayern Munich in January 2014 friendly , the home side put out a strong starting 11 so it's not like BM weren't trying.

He plays off the left in this game and is pretty excellent.

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/201...nchen/1630393/

Old 29-06-16, 07:54 PM   #71
BubbaZanetti
Fagan

Let's get the song already

Last edited by BubbaZanetti; 29-06-16 at 08:00 PM.
BubbaZanetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 11:20 PM   #72
Corndog
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike65 View Post
Mane v Bayern Munich in January 2014 friendly , the home side put out a strong starting 11 so it's not like BM weren't trying.

He plays off the left in this game and is pretty excellent.

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/201...nchen/1630393/

Sadio Mane vs Bayern Munich (Welcome to Liverpool) - YouTube
That video is fair, it's what Mane is all about when I've watched him. Yes he gives away the ball too cheaply at times but he harries opponents on the ball, is fouled a lot because defenders know he won't be catched in a sprint race. But is a game changer- came away from that with a goal,assist and was fouled for the penalty amongst other chances.

you tolerate the possible loss of possession when you know the player has the individual ability to change a game in an instant but on days when it's not happening and it's frustrating to watch I hope fans remember this.

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 11:25 PM   #73
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Not too bothered about him losing possession. We are not a possession side, we seem to be gearing up to be a counter attacking, high pressing, all. energy side. If Mane is willing to take responsibility, take on players and try make things happen.... I have no problem with him losing possession now and again. So many of our players wait for someone else to do something. Be nice to see someone accept responsibility and try make things happen.
Old 29-06-16, 11:27 PM   #74
redmike65
Shankly

:handshady:

What Liverpool have lacked for a few years now is someone who can ask a defender a hard question and not give them the chance to answer.
Old 29-06-16, 11:29 PM   #75
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike65 View Post
:handshady:

What Liverpool have lacked for a few years now is someone who can ask a defender a hard question and not give them the chance to answer.
absolutely, take responsibility and try make things happen. If it doesn't work, try again. The price was mental but he does give us something we don't currently have in the squad.
Old 29-06-16, 11:47 PM   #76
baitman
Daddy day care

handshady

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 11:58 PM   #77
redmike65
Shankly

I wonder was Dan playing dumb or just being polite!
Old 30-06-16, 01:05 AM   #78
Fivex
The Wisp

Welcome to Liverpool - Sadio Mané

Not seen many teams posted recently.

Clyne-Sakho-Lovren-Gomez

------Can ----- Matip -------

Mane --- Coutinho --- Firmino

-----------Origi -------------

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-16, 01:37 AM   #79
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Not seen many teams posted recently.

Clyne-Sakho-Lovren-Gomez

------Can ----- Matip -------

Mane --- Coutinho --- Firmino

-----------Origi -------------

------------Karius-------------

Clyne-Lovren-Matip-Gomez

---- Can ---- Henderson ----

Mane -- Coutinho -- Firmino

----------- Origi -------------
Old 30-06-16, 09:00 AM   #80
The_weatherman
Smug

Moreno is starting IMO.

And probably Sturridge as well for the start of the season at least, Origi will be tired after being runners up at the Euros.

Otherwise I can totally see Mane fitting well in, he's actually that speedy, versatile attacker we've been crying out for. At Redcafe he is universally agreed to be a good signing for us as well.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC