It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 15-10-06, 01:11 AM   #81
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

what a fuckin hiding derry mathews dished out. Foster looked like hed been twatted by 10 men with knuckledusters on
paulcooper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 15-10-06, 01:13 AM   #82
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

Macarinelli fight was a let down as i was really looking forward to that. The 1st one in march was fuckin brilliant. Some dig enzo`s got though
Old 15-10-06, 01:13 AM   #83
Bob
Paul Burrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman
The only way Calzaghe gets a big American fight is if he steps up to fight Johnson or Jones, both of whom are heading downhill, or Taylor steps up (too late in Winky's career to start fucking with Super Mids I think). If Taylor steps up, then that's a fight I'd like to see.
I don't think Calzaghe/Warren would even contemplate that at this stage of this prize winning horse's career. Massive gamble this late on, and i don't personally believe Calzaghe has it in him to step up a division.

Anyway, good fight tonight! We've all no doubt heard his reasoning for the poor performance, and fair dos he was evidently under prepared. However, there's no doubt he was playing Prince big bollox (ok fair enough with his pro record why not) for the HBO cameras, but he could've easily got caught short by a quicker hand.

Here's to a much more orthodox display in his next bout. Can't be doing with this showboating at all, certainly was never like that when i was in the ring.
Old 15-10-06, 01:15 AM   #84
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

Joe will knock fuck out of whoever chose bika as his opponent i reckon. What a awkward horrible fucker to fight against. Won by a mile whilst having a off night, hes the best fighter in the world imo
Old 15-10-06, 10:23 AM   #85
Howard_lfc
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza76
crap missed the fight, checked on Sky sports didnt see it on the listing and assumed it wasnt on
Funnily enough bazza - I had me laptop on around 9:30 ish and saw you were logged on. I tried to send you a pm to say don't forget about the boxing - but you've got your pm facility turned off.

H
Old 15-10-06, 01:32 PM   #86
Kaip
Something different

That was more like a pub fight
Old 15-10-06, 04:10 PM   #87
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard_lfc
Funnily enough bazza - I had me laptop on around 9:30 ish and saw you were logged on. I tried to send you a pm to say don't forget about the boxing - but you've got your pm facility turned off.

H
Thanks for the thought Howard.
Didnt even know i had it turned off, unless I need to empty my einobx.

"Sorry, boss, I should have kept my legs together," said Lawrence. "No, Tommy, your mother should have kept her legs together!," replied Shankly.

* After Tommy Lawrence had let in a fluke goal between his legs
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-06, 04:10 PM   #88
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaip
That was more like a pub fight
Kaip and rocket with a few too many beers?

"Sorry, boss, I should have kept my legs together," said Lawrence. "No, Tommy, your mother should have kept her legs together!," replied Shankly.

Old 15-10-06, 07:58 PM   #89
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Joe Calzaghe is ready to fight Bernard Hopkins in America following his brutal world title clash with Sakio Bika.

He made his 19th super middleweight defence against the Cameroonian in Manchester and is now one short of Hopkins' 20 defences at middleweight.

"People think I'm a home boy, but I'll fight Bernard Hopkins in his own garden," the Welshman said.

"Hopkins is the sort of fighter I'd get up for. I need those big name fights to bring out the best in me."

Promoter Frank Warren confirmed he is lining up a date for Calzaghe across the Atlantic in February or March.

However, with the 41-year-old Hopkins talking about challenging WBC heavyweight champion Oleg Maskaev, Denmark's Mikkel Kessler would appear to be a more realistic option.

Kessler demolished Germany's Markus Beyer inside three rounds in Copenhagen on Saturday to add the WBC crown to his WBA belt.

And with Calzaghe in possession of the IBF and WBO titles, a fight between the two would be a rare four-belt unification bout.

"I would be glad to fight Joe under the right financial conditions," Kessler said.

"I would go to England or he could come to Denmark. I will beat him in either place.

"Floyd Mayweather is boxing's best pound-for-pound fighter and I am the second best fighter in the sport. I think I demonstrated that to some people on Saturday."

Warren added: "Kessler, Hopkins and (Jermain) Taylor are names on the list and we will talk to HBO and come up with one of those names for Joe's fight in February. "Kessler would be a great unification match and we have the possibility of Hopkins. It would be a fantastic fight and, who knows, it could be history in the making."

A fight with WBC and WBO middleweight champion Taylor looks the least likely option for Calzaghe.

The 28-year-old Arkansas fighter, who beat Hopkins twice last year, already slated to defend his titles in December.

Meanwhile, Britain's former heavyweight king Lennox Lewis, commentating on the Calzaghe-Bika fight for American TV network HBO, has urged the Welshman to head Stateside.

"It's definitely the path I'd like to see him take," said Lewis. "They're clamouring for him over there."
Old 15-10-06, 09:31 PM   #90
Kaip
Something different

Would`nt mind a few days in vegas for that one
Old 15-10-06, 09:36 PM   #91
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Would`nt mind a few days in vegas for that one
Always wanted to do that actually for a big vegas fight, that or a UFC fight.

Old 15-10-06, 09:41 PM   #92
Kaip
Something different

Quote:

It`s a different world out there fella,i went to a Erik Morales fight in Mandalay Bay,had a great time

I got married the next day
Old 15-10-06, 09:44 PM   #93
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
It`s a different world out there fella,i went to a Erik Morales fight in Mandalay Bay,had a great time

I got married the next day
nice one.
You for real Kaip?Always wanted to go to Vegas when something like that is on, i've never been to the states however, i'd imagine it is a bit of a culture shock alright.

Old 15-10-06, 09:45 PM   #94
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
i went to a Erik Morales fight in Mandalay Bay,had a great time
I'd say it was a good spectacle though? Was he fighting anyone good?.

Old 16-10-06, 09:07 AM   #95
disco
Spreadsheet Monkey

Very entertaining fight, but Calzaghe wasn't the brightest of people there with his complete disregard of tactics.

If you looked at them afterwards you wouldn't believe that Calzaghe had won by a mile. Bika looked untouched

"With monkey me, dogface dishwasher bitch and chimp the fucking champ you. We are turning into a raving party here arent we"

disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-06, 09:19 AM   #96
Howard_lfc
Dalglish

Quote:
Me too. Get Hatton and Calzaghe on the same bill and I'd be tempted to get my credit card out.......
Old 16-10-06, 09:29 AM   #97
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Me too. Get Hatton and Calzaghe on the same bill and I'd be tempted to get my credit card out.......
Would be a good one for the bits alright. Love watching Hatton fights.
Would like to see Bernard Dunne taking the step back over to the states, although I am enjoying him fighting in Ireland at present.

Old 16-10-06, 10:36 AM   #98
Taffy
Est's Devon Loch

Disappointed with Calzaghe the other night as he didn't need to get involved with Bika like he did - but he's a fighter and if the opposition is a brawler you know Joe's going to get it on with him - he just can't help it!

It could have gone wrong for him if Bika would have caught him with a good 'un but Joe came through taking some decent shots. If he does get that big fight next he'll need to be a lot better than that, but I do worry about his hands which keep troubling him.

Anyway, another win, and I'd like to see a fight with him and Kessler for all four titles. Failing that one of the Americans to shut them up once again!

Maccarinelli's fight was a real let down with Hobson going over after taking slap to the top of the head which didn't look like much - Enzo's a pretty hard hitter mind you!

And did you see the state of Joe's face after Enzo's win - his cut looked nasty and he had quite a bump on the side of his face too! That Bika bloke was an animal.
Taffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-06, 11:39 AM   #99
Howard_lfc
Dalglish

Just to big-up a couple of scouse lads who were on the same bill:

Derry Mathews dethroned Steve Foster jnr with a classic boxing performance. Totally dominant.

And Paul Smith maintained his unbeaten run.

These lads look like they could do ok for themselves.
Old 16-10-06, 11:45 AM   #100
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Just to big-up a couple of scouse lads who were on the same bill:

Derry Mathews dethroned Steve Foster jnr with a classic boxing performance. Totally dominant.

And Paul Smith maintained his unbeaten run.

These lads look like they could do ok for themselves.
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird

est1892 > General > General Sports