It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 08-10-06, 03:05 PM   #1
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Bring it on Pidge, you c*nt!

You'd think the thick cnut would learn...:whatever:

Australian bowler Glenn McGrath has predicted his team will win the Ashes 5-0, just as he did in 2005 when the tourists lost 2-1 in England.

"I reckon it will be 5-0 this time, as well," he said in the Mail on Sunday.

"To say anything else would be negative. If we're going to win 2-1, or 3-2, which games are we going to lose?"

McGrath, 36, will play for New South Wales against England in a tour game before the first Ashes Test to ensure he is 100% match fit for Brisbane.

He took the first six months of the year off to to be at home with his wife Jane when she was diagnosed with cancer for a third time.

But the man who has 136 Ashes wickets in his locker is playing cricket again and is hungry to help Australia win back the Ashes.

McGrath believes Duncan Fletcher's side are there for the taking after suffering injuries to Michael Vaughan and Simon Jones.

He said: "England are not as strong as they were last year. But Australia are a lot stronger. And I'm fit, unlike last time.

"Put it this way, in the three Tests I played in last time, we drew two and won one.

"England are not the same team as they were. I'm disappointed in them.

"I expected them to kick on after beating us and conquer the world but it just goes to show how losing players through injury can unsettle the side."

England's first three-day game of their Australia tour takes place in Sydney from 12 November.

It is due to finish nine days before the first Test of five starts at the Gabba and McGrath wants to play in it.

He said: "I came back to play for Australia in the one-day games the other week in Kuala Lumpur and was a bit rusty.

"Last week I played for my local grade cricket club, Sutherland, got through 26 overs and took 4-50.

"Now that's a big workload by anyone's standards but there was no physical reaction afterwards at all.

"I'm going to the ICC Champions Trophy at 75-80% and believe that by the time I play for New South Wales against England in the tour game before the first Test I'll be up to 90%.

"That should give me the perfect opportunity to fine-tune and be completely ready for the start of the Ashes."
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-10-06, 05:16 PM   #2
animal magic
Dalglish

england will draw the series
Old 09-10-06, 02:25 PM   #3
Ritchi3
Fagan

Shouldn't everything cricket related be in this forum?
Ritchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 08:07 PM   #4
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I dunno, is cricket funny?
Old 09-10-06, 08:11 PM   #5
James
Fagan

*Yawn*

La tristesse durera toujours
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 01:21 PM   #6
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso
You'd think the thick cnut would learn...:whatever:

Australian bowler Glenn McGrath has predicted his team will win the Ashes 5-0, just as he did in 2005 when the tourists lost 2-1 in England.

"I reckon it will be 5-0 this time, as well," he said in the Mail on Sunday.

"To say anything else would be negative. If we're going to win 2-1, or 3-2, which games are we going to lose?"

McGrath, 36, will play for New South Wales against England in a tour game before the first Ashes Test to ensure he is 100% match fit for Brisbane.

He took the first six months of the year off to to be at home with his wife Jane when she was diagnosed with cancer for a third time.

But the man who has 136 Ashes wickets in his locker is playing cricket again and is hungry to help Australia win back the Ashes.

McGrath believes Duncan Fletcher's side are there for the taking after suffering injuries to Michael Vaughan and Simon Jones.

He said: "England are not as strong as they were last year. But Australia are a lot stronger. And I'm fit, unlike last time.

"Put it this way, in the three Tests I played in last time, we drew two and won one.

"England are not the same team as they were. I'm disappointed in them.

"I expected them to kick on after beating us and conquer the world but it just goes to show how losing players through injury can unsettle the side."

England's first three-day game of their Australia tour takes place in Sydney from 12 November.

It is due to finish nine days before the first Test of five starts at the Gabba and McGrath wants to play in it.

He said: "I came back to play for Australia in the one-day games the other week in Kuala Lumpur and was a bit rusty.

"Last week I played for my local grade cricket club, Sutherland, got through 26 overs and took 4-50.

"Now that's a big workload by anyone's standards but there was no physical reaction afterwards at all.

"I'm going to the ICC Champions Trophy at 75-80% and believe that by the time I play for New South Wales against England in the tour game before the first Test I'll be up to 90%.

"That should give me the perfect opportunity to fine-tune and be completely ready for the start of the Ashes."
we are going to spank your white pastey asses Shaggy

dont deny it buddy, its inevitable. Another 20 years of losing is upon you

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 02:44 PM   #7
ISO-TONIC
Souness

He has had your mob in hes hip pocket for the best part of 10 years. Him and Warne have taken well over 300 ashes victims. 5-0 may not be the final scoreline but 3-1, 4-1, or 4-0 is definatly on the table. Bring a rainmain in the squad you may well need him
ISO-TONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 07:45 PM   #8
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Aah fack you you Aussie bastards!
Old 13-10-06, 07:53 PM   #9
animal magic
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO-TONIC
He has had your mob in hes hip pocket for the best part of 10 years. Him and Warne have taken well over 300 ashes victims. 5-0 may not be the final scoreline but 3-1, 4-1, or 4-0 is definatly on the table. Bring a rainmain in the squad you may well need him

no chance arrogant aussie bastards

est1892 > General > General Sports