It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 24-03-15, 04:17 PM   #3601
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Think its quite an exciting card. I can remember previous years where most of the matches apart from 2/3 were thrown together in the last 2 weeks.

The top 5 you have mentioned all have been going for around 2 months minimum. Interest is strong here, regardless of what its been like building up.
Is it a Wrestlemania card? Hmm, not sure.

The sad news is of course the death of Perro Aguayo Jnr. Tributes at a lot of the shows and they'll probably continue into the indy shows this week in San Jose.

Apparently the Angle v Lashley title match was good on Impact this week. Mr Michael - been watching it since the move to Destination America?
Old 24-03-15, 08:43 PM   #3602
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Yeah, on the whole it has been decent but the UK crowds have really helped, they always do well over here and it improves their overall production. Spud and EC3 had a surprisingly good match the previous week and Ashley - Angle was predictably good. Also Drew Galloway (McIntyre) signed and delivered a couple of really good arrival promos, really looked like a star; hopefully he kicks on.

I do think they have cut back on a lot of the outright fuckery and the show has benefited from it; most of the booking has been relatively logical and with the exception of the ridiculous Revolution group (worst stable since Immortal) the shows are mostly featuring their best talent so I'm happy enough to keep watching.
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-15, 12:55 AM   #3603
Gibbo
Like a boss

Lesnar has sacked the UFC off and resigned with WWE.
Old 25-03-15, 09:04 AM   #3604
Alex
Administrator

Certainly makes the main event more interesting on Sunday. Shame we wont get to see Lesnar do his thing again though. He was phenomenal in the few fights he had (except for after his illness)
Old 25-03-15, 09:35 AM   #3605
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I think Lesnar is brilliant

Last edited by Bender; 25-03-15 at 09:38 AM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-15, 09:43 AM   #3606
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
i thought he left when i read that ....no he's resigned calm down everyone Lesnar has re-signed with the wwe
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-15, 09:50 AM   #3607
Alex
Administrator

Old 25-03-15, 11:40 AM   #3608
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMichael View Post
Yeah, on the whole it has been decent but the UK crowds have really helped, they always do well over here and it improves their overall production. Spud and EC3 had a surprisingly good match the previous week and Ashley - Angle was predictably good. Also Drew Galloway (McIntyre) signed and delivered a couple of really good arrival promos, really looked like a star; hopefully he kicks on.

I do think they have cut back on a lot of the outright fuckery and the show has benefited from it; most of the booking has been relatively logical and with the exception of the ridiculous Revolution group (worst stable since Immortal) the shows are mostly featuring their best talent so I'm happy enough to keep watching.
Yeah, I've heard about the EC3 v Spud bloodbath. Apparently Joe and Aries was good too, besides the finish. Certainly better TV than what Raw and Smackdown is by the sound of things. Not heard great things about the commentary though.
Old 25-03-15, 05:50 PM   #3609
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
Well worth a watch this for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Interesting and very funny.

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-15, 06:04 PM   #3610
Alex
Administrator

It's actually a sequel to one called Death and Return of Superman. Which is also really good.

He nails it doesn't he.
Old 25-03-15, 06:32 PM   #3611
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
It's actually a sequel to one called Death and Return of Superman. Which is also really good.

He nails it doesn't he.

Just finished watching that and it was very enjoyable. Not as big a departure from the original Death of Superman storyline as I was expecting, but would probably have been worth the read had it been greenlit
Old 25-03-15, 06:41 PM   #3612
Alex
Administrator

Did you watch the Pitch? Or the one that was similar to Wrestling isn't Wrestling? Because his pitch is similar to how you describe too.
Old 25-03-15, 06:42 PM   #3613
Alex
Administrator

Old 25-03-15, 06:50 PM   #3614
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Did you watch the Pitch? Or the one that was similar to Wrestling isn't Wrestling? Because his pitch is similar to how you describe too.

Yeah it's the vid in which he speaks about his pitch for a reimagining of the Death Of Supes that I was referring to rather than his vid about the original DOS.
Old 25-03-15, 10:47 PM   #3615
chadrtc
Dalglish

Quote:
However, this was hilarious:

chadrtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-15, 04:26 PM   #3616
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

The winner of the NXT tournament which is tonight at Axxess, will go into the Andre The Giant battle royal at Wrestlemania. Has to be FINN

If you fancy a flight to San Jose, you'll get tickets for Mania, Raw, Axxess still. Only ROH and NXT are sold out over the weekend.

We're possibly looking at Rock v Brock next year. Rock's interested in breaking the all time attendance record for Wrestlemania. Don't let Hogan fool you - he didn't slam Andre in front of 93,000 people.

Last edited by MrShawnMichaels; 26-03-15 at 04:29 PM.
MrShawnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-15, 10:49 PM   #3617
Alex
Administrator

It was pointed out to me today that almost all of the matches have someone competing who has main evented a Wrestlemania apart from the Divas and Pre Show.

Same with every match having an NXT Alum featuring, apart from Sting v HHH. Which arguably has HHH who runs the whole thing.

Think its a good card as I said. The WWE is in a stronger position that 5 years ago, no matter how woeful the last 2 months have been on TV.
Old 27-03-15, 12:40 PM   #3618
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
It was pointed out to me today that almost all of the matches have someone competing who has main evented a Wrestlemania apart from the Divas and Pre Show.

Same with every match having an NXT Alum featuring, apart from Sting v HHH. Which arguably has HHH who runs the whole thing.

Think its a good card as I said. The WWE is in a stronger position that 5 years ago, no matter how woeful the last 2 months have been on TV.
Reigns wasn't in NXT. He was kept off TV. He did a couple of dark matches.

They've dropped the ball on several feuds here. Brock v Reigns should have been physical imo. The tug of war was ridiculous as the go home angle.

Orton v Rollins was perfectly set up. I would have got Rollins to cash in MITB for Orton to sabotage him. This serves a larger purpose. Reigns wins the title at Mania. You don't want to make him lose any time soon so you're protecting him. You want to protect Rollins because he's the number 1 or 2 heel in the company and making him lose his cash in, in a straight match damages him.
They dropped the ball on this one. Now they have the Rollins situation still to deal with.
Old 28-03-15, 10:36 AM   #3619
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Itami (still KENTA to me dammnit) won the spot in the jobber royal, not Balor.

Quote:

That would be with declining tv ratings and attendances and a major stock crash that wiped out half their value?

Nah, I know you're talking about the roster, but I think its half & half. They've massively raided the indies in the last few years and hoovered up almost every fan favourite so yeah, they do have some exciting in ring talent (even if a good portion of it is in the development show),

However ultimately Raw is still terrible at the moment and their business is declining; having watched too much TNA I can definitely say that a talented roster is absolutely not the main thing that makes a wrestling company successful

WWE is a very different beast but I do think they have a serious structural issue with how the company and their vocal fans, not the kids but the guys who nowadays can hijack the shows (because wrestling is not as hot as it was and actual wrestling fans who attend shows are much better educated on the business etc) with CM Punk/Daniel Bryan chants or massively undesired reactions, disconnect with them now in a significant way. That wasn't attitude era booing some mega-heel screw job at the rumble, that was the mega-pushed new face of the company getting a genuine, unscripted reaction. AND The Rock.

Lance Storm had some stuff to say about that I thought was quite interesting - link. But yeah, my point is that I'm not sure they're doing very well at the moment at connecting with their fanbase.

Anyway, other subject in hand, the WM card is a weird one this year. It can be more than saved if they pull almost all the constituent parts off and give each match other than the Jobber Royal the right time, but it could also be a really poor one, I just can't tell now.

Last edited by MrMichael; 28-03-15 at 10:50 AM.
Old 28-03-15, 07:56 PM   #3620
Muddled
Meat Shield

I enjoyed that video.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-15, 08:44 PM   #3621
Keyser Soze
Benitez

Everybody ready?

WrestleMania XXXI Card

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Featuring The Miz, Damien Mizdow, Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Fandango, Zack Ryder, Adam Rose, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Viktor, Konnor, Heath Slater, Goldust, Sin Cara, Erick Rowan, Jack Swagger and NXT Superstar Hideo Itami

Fatal 4-Way Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship: Tyson Kidd and Cesaro vs.

The Usos vs. The New Day vs. Los Matadores

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury)

Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Luke Harper vs. Stardust

Paige and AJ Lee vs. The Bella Twins

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

United States Championship Match: John Cena vs. Rusev (with Lana)

Sting vs. Triple H

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

My Predictions

Ryback wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
Tyson Kidd and Cesaro retain the tag team titles.
Randy Orton defeats Seth Rollins.
Daniel Bryan wins the intercontinental title.
The Bella Twins beat the Anti Divas.
The Undertaker defeats Bray Wyatt.
John Cena wins the WWE United States title.
Sting defeats Triple H.
Brock Lesnar retains the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Old 29-03-15, 11:34 PM   #3622
spud_gun
Paisley

Where does one go about viewing tonights wrasslin' action?
Old 29-03-15, 11:59 PM   #3623
Keyser Soze
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Where does one go about viewing tonights wrasslin' action?
try one of the links from the following:

http://www.vipleague.is/sports/boxing.html

or buy the WWE network for 9.99
Old 30-03-15, 12:03 AM   #3624
MrMichael
The Pun Police

At work so can't post links, but the same sort of streaming sites people get the footy on should have it, things like firstrow, stadium live, rojadirecta...

Card seems relatively predictable to me outside of the IC ladder match obviously, and perhaps the Championship match now Brock has resigned. Surely they won't go ahead with Reigns... will they? If they do it'll have to be a screwy finish of some sort. I think Seth will cash in personally.
Old 30-03-15, 12:05 AM   #3625
Keyser Soze
Benitez

Intercontinental match kicking it off.
Old 30-03-15, 12:07 AM   #3626
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Did they have the tag match on the pre-show? Crikey that's a real double finger up to the tag division especially with an irrelevant divas match still on the card. And the Jobber Royal too? Results of those?
Old 30-03-15, 12:09 AM   #3627
Keyser Soze
Benitez

Quote:
Did they have the tag match on the pre-show? Crikey that's a real double finger up to the tag division especially with an irrelevant divas match still on the card. And the Jobber Royal too? Results of those?
Yep both on the pre show.

Old 30-03-15, 12:14 AM   #3628
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Yep both on the pre show.

Old 30-03-15, 12:17 AM   #3629
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
try one of the links from the following:

http://www.vipleague.is/sports/boxing.html

or buy the WWE network for 9.99
Works a treat, cheers.
Old 30-03-15, 12:23 AM   #3630
spud_gun
Paisley

Impressive looking stadium
Old 30-03-15, 12:56 AM   #3631
Keyser Soze
Benitez

That was a cool looking RKO.
Old 30-03-15, 01:57 AM   #3632
Keyser Soze
Benitez

The DX vs NWO malarkey
Old 30-03-15, 02:00 AM   #3633
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Errrr, the NWO helping Sting, lol wut?

Will have to watch tomorrow due to working but that sounded like a bit of a clusterfuck, doesn't surprise me they had run ins but I hope it wasn't as messy as the live reports made it sound.
Old 30-03-15, 02:40 AM   #3634
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Not sure if this really qualifies as a spoiler.....

Old 30-03-15, 04:07 AM   #3635
Keyser Soze
Benitez

Perfect ending

Old 30-03-15, 04:10 AM   #3636
Alex
Administrator

That Wrestlemania might have even topped last years for me. Superb ending.
Old 30-03-15, 04:48 AM   #3637
MrMichael
The Pun Police

I hear they turned off the crowd mics for Reigns entrance etc, that's very amusing.
Old 30-03-15, 10:11 AM   #3638
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

That was a phenomenal show. I was down on the card beforehand - no real blowaway matches or instant classics but it was filled with action and some real talking points and hopefully generates some buzz going into Raw tonight.
Old 30-03-15, 10:12 AM   #3639
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
Errrr, the NWO helping Sting, lol wut?

Will have to watch tomorrow due to working but that sounded like a bit of a clusterfuck, doesn't surprise me they had run ins but I hope it wasn't as messy as the live reports made it sound.
It was a bit overbooked but from a historical element, that didn't make sense lol.

It's a mixture of smoke and mirrors because Sting is 55, a lot of those fellas being Triple H's mates and Vince's insecurity about WCW.
Old 30-03-15, 11:34 AM   #3640
Alex
Administrator

Meh it was cool. DX vs NWO. 14 year old me would have been doing backflips. What's the point in treating it as anything different. Was a little jarring at first that it was NWO saving Sting, but other than that it was cool.

est1892 > General > General Sports