It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 21-02-17, 10:41 PM   #3881
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrtc View Post
I went to WCPW: True Destiny last night... it wasn't terribly good!
I went to the Leicester tapings, £15 for 3 hours. Was good. Caught a glimpse of Paige
Old 21-02-17, 10:42 PM   #3882
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Worth checking out the Bate v Seven match on NXT
Old 10-03-17, 05:04 PM   #3883
Alex
Administrator

Got tickets to the WWE UK event in May. Going on the Saturday.
Old 10-03-17, 11:57 PM   #3884
chadrtc
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Got tickets to the WWE UK event in May. Going on the Saturday.
Yeah, i got them for both nights again as it's not too far from home. This will be the TV tapings for the UK show. Ive been to Epic Studios before for a WAW taping, was quite impressed with it... i suspect it's going to be our Full Sale.

Interestingly, when the presale tickets went up on ticketmaster, the event was called 'Progress Wrestling'... an honest mistake, or an early slip of a forthcoming anouncement?

The presale was made available to Progress subscribers...
chadrtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 12:04 PM   #3885
Jayesh87
You can't see me!

Finn Balor and HHH made their in ring comebacks last night.
Old 27-03-17, 04:35 PM   #3886
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Wrestlemania this weekend - anyone watching?

It's become a bit of a yearly tradition for me, even if it's largely disappointing most years!

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 05:35 PM   #3887
MrMichael
The Pun Police

You know I've been paying no attention whatsoever, what's the card?
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 06:01 PM   #3888
chadrtc
Dalglish

I'll be watching watching, but i havent paid any attention to the build. I've just about completely stopped watching any WWE output over the last couple of months.

Went to the Progress 5th anniversary show yesterday, which was amazing... I'm beggining to think that one live show a month is enough wrestling for me these days. Especially as nothing that WWE is serving up comes close to what Progress are doing.
chadrtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 08:00 PM   #3889
Alex
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMichael View Post
You know I've been paying no attention whatsoever, what's the card?
13 matches on the card. Headline is Goldberg v Lesnar lol

I'll post the rest later when I'm not on my phone. But I'll be watching. All 7.5 hours of it.
Old 28-03-17, 08:57 AM   #3890
Alex
Administrator

12017 Andrť the Giant Memorial Battle RoyalBattle royal for the Andrť the Giant Memorial Trophy
2Neville (c) vs. Austin AriesSingles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
3Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy OrtonSingles match for the WWE Championship
4Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
5Seth Rollins vs. Triple HNon-sanctioned match
6The Undertaker vs. Roman ReignsSingles match
7Shane McMahon vs. AJ StylesSingles match
8Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia JaxFatal 4-Way Elimination match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
9Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin OwensSingles match for the WWE United States Championship
10John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and MaryseMixed tag team match
11Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron CorbinSingles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
12Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. others TBATBA match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
13Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and SheamusTriple threat tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
Old 28-03-17, 09:02 AM   #3891
Alex
Administrator

Reading that, its a pretty stacked card. Not really any filler matches either. However, the build has been pretty lackluster.

Only feuds of note are Jericho v Owens (Should have been for the world title), Orton v Wyatt (Really long 9 month build, still poor) and HHH v Rollins (Story that has been going for almost 3 years now)

But they feel lackluster at the moment. Taker v Reigns is probably the worst Taker feud for a few years now. Since his match with Mark Henry probably.
Old 28-03-17, 09:58 AM   #3892
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
12017 Andrť the Giant Memorial Battle RoyalBattle royal for the Andrť the Giant Memorial Trophy
2Neville (c) vs. Austin AriesSingles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
4Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
8Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia JaxFatal 4-Way Elimination match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
9Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin OwensSingles match for the WWE United States Championship
11Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron CorbinSingles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
12Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. others TBATBA match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
13Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and SheamusTriple threat tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
I'd expect Uso's v American Alpha to be added to the card at some point too - probably the pre-show.

YNWA
Old 28-03-17, 10:21 AM   #3893
Alex
Administrator

So 14 matches! What the even fuck! 12 last year seemed a lot. Most years it has been 8/9
Old 28-03-17, 11:17 AM   #3894
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
So 14 matches! What the even fuck! 12 last year seemed a lot. Most years it has been 8/9
It's a 6 hour show this year, plenty time to fill!

YNWA
Old 28-03-17, 01:41 PM   #3895
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Not interested in the WWE shows. Hall of Fame should be ok.

I'm going to be an indie snob and say I'm far more interested in the ROH/Evolve/Progress and Joey Janela shows. The Progress show on Friday night looks stacked af.
Old 28-03-17, 01:55 PM   #3896
Alex
Administrator

Progress show looks amazing. But how can you not like Mania? Even for the spectacle? Its a bit like the FA Cup final. Dont care who's playing, but ill watch.
Old 28-03-17, 02:40 PM   #3897
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Hate seeing Shane McMahon in there. Just weakens Styles seeing the likes of Shane being able to hang with him him ( and batter him on last week's Smackdown). There are plenty of guys on the roster that they could have put in with Styles and gotten a top class bout with.

Cena and Nikki Bella turns my piss too. Not going to happen but would love to see Miz and the yummy Maryse go over.

The RAW tag team and women's title bouts have the potential to be entertaining. Same goes for Jericho and Owens.

Ambrose/Corbin I am looking forward to as well as I like the character of Corbin and think he is decent enough in ring.
Old 28-03-17, 02:48 PM   #3898
Alex
Administrator

The Cena thing is weird. Most people of a certain demographic hate him. (I personally think he is one of the greatest of all time) But now he isnt in that Marquee match that those people seemed to hate him being part of, in years previous. He is being wasted.

I think it is a waste personally to have the tail end of his prime years in a match like this. I would hazard a guess that most would prefer it to be a 1 v 1 with The Miz or something else.

Ditto Ambrose/Corbin. I think itll be a good fun match. Corbin seems like he hates everyone, which is nice nowadays.
Old 28-03-17, 03:19 PM   #3899
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
Progress show looks amazing. But how can you not like Mania? Even for the spectacle? Its a bit like the FA Cup final. Dont care who's playing, but ill watch.
Look at it on paper. It's woeful. We are in a generation of really good work in the ring and we have Shane McMahon hanging with one of the best in the world at the moment. Forget that.

Looking forward to some of the ROH matches - the main is going to mental as always.
Old 28-03-17, 03:23 PM   #3900
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
The Cena thing is weird. Most people of a certain demographic hate him. (I personally think he is one of the greatest of all time) But now he isnt in that Marquee match that those people seemed to hate him being part of, in years previous. He is being wasted.

I think it is a waste personally to have the tail end of his prime years in a match like this. I would hazard a guess that most would prefer it to be a 1 v 1 with The Miz or something else.

Ditto Ambrose/Corbin. I think itll be a good fun match. Corbin seems like he hates everyone, which is nice nowadays.

Agree with a lot of what you said about Cena. Him vs the Miz I would be fine with, but the needless tacking on of Nikki is just a waste of a push. Yes she is his girlfriend but she adds nothing at all to his character in or out of the ring. And the double finisher crap they have been doing in recent weeks is just shyte.

At least with Maryse, it makes sense how her character was developed over time and her being the real life wife of Miz does not in any way work against them when in character. If anything it adds to it.

Cena on his own I find a bit corny or hokey at times, but when paired with the right opponent (Styles for example) he has been part of some pretty entertaining feuds/matches. My liking or disliking of him comes down to who he gets put in with more than anything else. Actually would have been happy to see him and Styles paired together for WM because despite it having been done already it would have meant a pretty good spectacle.

Corbin I do like. The lone wolf schtick works for him and he plays the part well. Has a good look too. Have a feeling that he could turn face quite easily without losing the hating everybody routine.
Old 28-03-17, 04:07 PM   #3901
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Nikki is retiring after this and there is something planned for her (not giving the spoilers) hence she requested her final match with her man. And to be fair, she's made them a ton of money so I can see why they've requested it.
The promos Cena and Miz have cut in the build have been fun. Cena v Taker promos would have been a little tame.
Old 29-03-17, 08:47 AM   #3902
Alex
Administrator

Did you see that the WWE UK title is being defended at Progress Orlando. That card is stacked. Im tempted to get it on iPPV.
Old 29-03-17, 11:14 AM   #3903
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
Did you see that the WWE UK title is being defended at Progress Orlando. That card is stacked. Im tempted to get it on iPPV.
Yes seen that. Think that was match was already booked but they've added the title to it. That card is pretty good tbh. I'm away on Friday so unable to watch that one live sadly.

This is a good list of the things happening over the weekend:
http://www.wrestlingpodcasts.net/mania-weekend.html
Old 29-03-17, 12:38 PM   #3904
MrMichael
The Pun Police

AJ Styles v Shane O Mac? Wtf is that? Styles could get a good match out of a wet fish but still, don't they have Joe on the roster these days? Find someone competent to play Daniels and they could have done a 3 way a-la Unbreakable, one of my favourite matches ever

Jesus I didn't know AA was in the E, shows how much attention I've been paying. Always a fun performer, how're they using him?

Goldberg v Lesnar? Hmmmm ok then, 2004 called and wanted their shitty match back!

Does Nia Jax still suck? That women's match on the card could have been good but Nia was terrible when I last watched her in NXT.

Bit surprised American Alpha aren't up there by now, again not seen anything much in the last year but I was sure they were going straight to the top of that division on talent alone.

So have they turned (or are turning) Reigns finally if he's facing Taker?
Old 29-03-17, 12:50 PM   #3905
Gingawaria
Dalglish

AJ Styles v Shane O Mac? Wtf is that? Styles could get a good match out of a wet fish but still, don't they have Joe on the roster these days? Find someone competent to play Daniels and they could have done a 3 way a-la Unbreakable, one of my favourite matches ever

He's feuding with Shane over the fact that he wouldn't give him a fair rematch for the WWE Title - Expect a double turn in this match. Cena's going away for a bit so Smackdown needs a top face and AJ's on fire at the moment. Agreed that AJ could be used in a better match though!

Joe is on Raw but doesn't have a match - expect him to interfere in the HHH/Rollins match.

Jesus I didn't know AA was in the E, shows how much attention I've been paying. Always a fun performer, how're they using him?

Fairly well - he was in NXT for a while but broke his orbital socket so has been used as a commentator on 205 Live and the Raw Cruiserweight sections. Came back from injury a few weeks ago and is immediately in a feud for the CW Title. Fully expecting this to be one of the better matches of the night.

Goldberg v Lesnar? Hmmmm ok then, 2004 called and wanted their shitty match back!

This is probably the best built match on the card - no one's expecting a classic. Expect Lesnar to go over in a fairly short match

Does Nia Jax still suck? That women's match on the card could have been good but Nia was terrible when I last watched her in NXT.

She's still pretty green but is improving - Says a lot about the Raw Women's division when these 4 Women are essentially the whole division!

Bit surprised American Alpha aren't up there by now, again not seen anything much in the last year but I was sure they were going straight to the top of that division on talent alone.

They're still very good but the crowd reactions have been really disappointing. They lost the Smackdown tag titles to a massively improved Uso's a couple of weeks ago - I'm expecting them to fight at Mania, likely on the pre-show

So have they turned (or are turning) Reigns finally if he's facing Taker

NOPE!

YNWA
Old 29-03-17, 01:03 PM   #3906
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Cheers dude.

Yeah, instinctively I'd say AA v Neville would be my first watch on that card if they let them go. Shame about crowd reactions to American Alpha, I remember the UK loved them on a previous NXT tour so disappointing that hasn't carried through.

Somehow I knew that would be the answer about Reigns, some things change but others really don't!

Old 29-03-17, 01:21 PM   #3907
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMichael View Post

Yeah, instinctively I'd say AA v Neville would be my first watch on that card if they let them go. Shame about crowd reactions to American Alpha, I remember the UK loved them on a previous NXT tour so disappointing that hasn't carried through.

American Alpha were massively over on that tour - those chants carried on for hours after!

YNWA
Old 30-03-17, 09:07 AM   #3908
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Hardly any good tag teams on Smackdown to work with
Old 30-03-17, 09:17 AM   #3909
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
Hardly any good tag teams on Smackdown to work with
Good point - There's only really The Uso's, the rest are essentially comedy acts.

YNWA
Old 30-03-17, 10:11 AM   #3910
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingawaria View Post
Good point - There's only really The Uso's, the rest are essentially comedy acts.
Could do with The Revival on Smackdown.
I'm guessing Saturday is their last match on NXT seen as they've brought up Heavy Machinery and the Ealy Brothers.

I'd imagine Nak, Drifter and someone else is getting called up next week.
Old 30-03-17, 10:59 AM   #3911
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShawnMichaels View Post
Could do with The Revival on Smackdown.
I'm guessing Saturday is their last match on NXT seen as they've brought up Heavy Machinery and the Ealy Brothers.

I'd imagine Nak, Drifter and someone else is getting called up next week.
Nakamura needs to be brought up - no one else for him to fight on NXT. Hoping he goes to Smackdown, they need the star power.

YNWA
Old 30-03-17, 11:23 AM   #3912
Alex
Administrator

Nakamura v Cena
Nakamura v Styles
Nakamura v Lesnar
Nakamura v Rollins
Nakamura v Cesaro
Nakamura v Owens

All of these matches I am pretty keen to see in the next couple of years. I know its been done with Styles and Lesnar, but in the WWE would be great.
Old 02-04-17, 08:10 AM   #3913
Alex
Administrator

NXT Tag title match was one of the best Tag matches I have seen. Maybe ever.
Old 02-04-17, 05:06 PM   #3914
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Quote:
NXT Tag title match was one of the best Tag matches I have seen. Maybe ever.
You need to find the six man tag from the 2016 BOLA Night 2
Old 02-04-17, 05:09 PM   #3915
MrShawnMichaels
Fagan

Currently watching the Joey Janela Spring Break. This won't be topped in terms of entertainment during the whole weekend.

Not found a copy of ROH or the Progress shows yet but they are meant to be very very good
Old 03-04-17, 10:00 AM   #3916
Alex
Administrator

75% of that was one of the best Wrestlemania shows ever. Shame about Pitbull destroying the rest.
Old 03-04-17, 12:38 PM   #3917
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
75% of that was one of the best Wrestlemania shows ever. Shame about Pitbull destroying the rest.

Yeah was a pretty decent mania. There were a few roll eyes moments, but on the whole it was enjoyable fare.
Old 03-04-17, 01:12 PM   #3918
Jayesh87
You can't see me!

The Cena / Nikki bit was cringe but i guess the deserve their moment.
Old 03-04-17, 01:27 PM   #3919
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayesh87 View Post
The Cena / Nikki bit was cringe but i guess the deserve their moment.

They could still have had their moment and let Miz/Mayrse go over. If Nikki is leaving and Cena is taking time off soon, then why not give Miz the rub?

Miz would have gotten the rub from the win and Cena/Nikki would still have had their limelight with the proposal.

Mind you I have a similar gripe with the Hardys winning the tag belts. The match itself was good, but them coming back and getting the straps straight away was a bit meh.

Taker's final moment in the ring last night was well done. Was like an old gun slinger taking off his gunbelt and walking away.
Old 03-04-17, 01:40 PM   #3920
Alex
Administrator

est1892 > General > General Sports