It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 18-02-20, 07:47 PM   #8641
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Fury to outbox him and win on points.
Aye. Its either that which is the only way Fury wins or Wilder catches him early and Fury's yoyoing comes back to bite him.

Fwiw I'm predicting the latter.

It's actually a intriguing clash of styles.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 08:52 PM   #8642
Zapater
Dalglish

Wilder by KO. Fury knows Wilder can hurt him and since the first bout has boxed 2 journeymen (almost losing to Otto Walin). 12 rounds is a long time for someone without power.
Zapater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 09:23 AM   #8643
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

It's either a Wilder KO or Fury to win on points isn't it. Anything else would surprise me.

I think Wilder will catch him this time and win by KO.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 02:04 PM   #8644
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
It's either a Wilder KO or Fury to win on points isn't it. Anything else would surprise me.

I think Wilder will catch him this time and win by KO.
Wilder could win on points, but would probably require 2 knockdowns.
Old 19-02-20, 03:52 PM   #8645
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Wilder could win on points, but would probably require 2 knockdowns.
Yeah true. Unlikely but not impossible I suppose.
Old 19-02-20, 03:55 PM   #8646
spud_gun
Paisley

Fury's put on close to a stone from the first fight.
Old 19-02-20, 07:45 PM   #8647
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

He's not the only one
Old 19-02-20, 10:16 PM   #8648
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
He's not the only one
Old 19-02-20, 10:40 PM   #8649
red g
Paisley

Quote:
He's not the only one

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 06:41 AM   #8650
RichC
Meh

Performance and a half that
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 06:42 AM   #8651
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Unbelievable performance. Get in Fury
marcus50bucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 06:43 AM   #8652
rodo
Shankly

Took him apart
Old 23-02-20, 06:52 AM   #8653
Mr Darko
Benitez

Superb performance. What a man!

Fury 2-0 Wilder, not sure what good a 3rd fight does.

Now watch Hearn & AJ do everything to avoid Fury

Beyonce will be lining the excuses up. Already claimed 'a lot' went on before the fight.
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 07:02 AM   #8654
Zapater
Dalglish

Fair play to Fury, but clearly the perforated eardrum had something to do with it. The fact Fury couldn't get him out of there for 7 rounds with that injury confirms that there isn't much to worry about Fury's power. Would definitely look for a rematch if I were Wilder.
Old 23-02-20, 07:05 AM   #8655
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapater View Post
fair play to fury, but clearly the perforated eardrum had something to do with it. The fact fury couldn't get him out of there for 7 rounds with that injury confirms that there isn't much to worry about fury's power. Would definitely look for a rematch if i were wilder.
lol!!!
Old 23-02-20, 07:21 AM   #8656
spud_gun
Paisley

kev, that was especially for you.

War Fury.

Last edited by spud_gun; 23-02-20 at 07:23 AM.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 07:37 AM   #8657
RichC
Meh

Outstanding performance from Fury. On him at the get go, dropped him a couple of times and Wilders corner did him a favour.
Old 23-02-20, 07:57 AM   #8658
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Outstanding performance from Fury. On him at the get go, dropped him a couple of times and Wilders corner did him a favour.
Taking nothing away from Fury, but if you look at the first knockdown the right hand landed directly on the ear and Wilder had a consistent stream of blood from the ear. He could barely stand up, the fact Fury couldn't conclusively stop him despite that injury would give Wilder confidence if they were to have a third. Usually when a fighter loses their equilibrium they rarely last more than a couple of rounds.

But agree, his corner did the right thing, had no place continuing in the condition he's in.
Old 23-02-20, 08:10 AM   #8659
kingfunk

Quote:
Taking nothing away from Fury, but if you look at the first knockdown the right hand landed directly on the ear and Wilder had a consistent stream of blood from the ear. He could barely stand up, the fact Fury couldn't conclusively stop him despite that injury would give Wilder confidence if they were to have a third. Usually when a fighter loses their equilibrium they rarely last more than a couple of rounds.

But agree, his corner did the right thing, had no place continuing in the condition he's in.
Your wrong, he had a small cut just inside the ear, not a perforated tympanic membrane, his trainer just confirmed it. Fury boxed him around the ring, he destroyed him. There are no excuses.
Old 23-02-20, 08:11 AM   #8660
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Taking nothing away from Fury, but...
Old 23-02-20, 08:22 AM   #8661
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfunk View Post
Your wrong, he had a small cut just inside the ear, not a perforated tympanic membrane, his trainer just confirmed it. Fury boxed him around the ring, he destroyed him. There are no excuses.
Alright, well something else must've been wrong with him because he was stumbling around the ring whenever he moved. He did mention his leg, maybe that was it. If it were just from punches received, it's unlikely he'd have been able to continue for that duration. Wilder fell over/lost balance several times when attempting to throw punches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
What's so amusing about that? It's boxing, it happens.
Old 23-02-20, 08:28 AM   #8662
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Wilder fell over/lost balance several times when attempting to throw punches.
Have you ever seen Wilder box before?
Old 23-02-20, 08:32 AM   #8663
kingfunk

Quote:
Alright, well something else must've been wrong with him because he was stumbling around the ring whenever he moved. He did mention his leg, maybe that was it. If it were just from punches received, it's unlikely he'd have been able to continue for that duration. Wilder fell over/lost balance several times when attempting to throw punches.

What's so amusing about that? It's boxing, it happens.
It’s called getting punched in the face, really f*cking hard. He was beaten at his own game. Fury is too big, too slick, even looks better under sugar hill. Best heavyweight in the world. Stylistically AJ’s worst nightmare.

Last edited by kingfunk; 23-02-20 at 08:36 AM.
kingfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 09:43 AM   #8664
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Great performance from Fury, used his weight leaning on him all the time, actually stepping into his jab getting his weight behind it. His power shots always look awkward but he's such a big dude that that have to have impact. Fair play to him
Old 23-02-20, 10:28 AM   #8665
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:
Wilder by KO. Fury knows Wilder can hurt him and since the first bout has boxed 2 journeymen (almost losing to Otto Walin). 12 rounds is a long time for someone without power.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 10:31 AM   #8666
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Zapater just stop it man. How hard is it for you to give credit to Fury . He absolutely bullied Wilder and smashed him up. He told everyone he would take the centre of the ring and bring the heat and he did just that.
Old 23-02-20, 10:34 AM   #8667
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
A few of us on here have been biggin up Fury on here for a while now but the haters will always discredit him. He's a much better boxer than he gets credit for:handahake:
Old 23-02-20, 11:31 AM   #8668
labourRed
Shankly

I have to say I didn't see that coming. An absolute clinic by Fury. Only one winner from the first round onwards.

Wilder was bullied, Fury didn't lose a single round in that fight and there was even an argument for stopping it earlier.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-20, 08:52 PM   #8669
spud_gun
Paisley

Boxing is just his hobby

Old 25-02-20, 07:37 AM   #8670
Zapater
Dalglish

The people who are saying this is a great performance are the same people who said that Wilder was shit and Fury is the greatest to ever grace the ring, P4P legend. If so, why is the performance so impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Boxing is just his hobby
You're right, he spends the majority his time using coke, practising Christian extremism, racism, antisemitism, homophobia and sexism.
Old 25-02-20, 08:04 AM   #8671
RichC
Meh

It’s alright, Wilder only lost due to his heavy ring entrance outfit.
Old 25-02-20, 11:18 AM   #8672
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
It’s alright, Wilder only lost due to his heavy ring entrance outfit.
Deontay Wilder: American blames ring-walk costume for Tyson Fury defeat

Deontay Wilder has blamed his elaborate ring-walk costume for his WBC heavyweight title defeat by Tyson Fury.

The American, 34, said his costume was too heavy and as a result he "didn't have the legs" for the fight.

Britain's Fury, 31, produced a dominant display to win the title in Las Vegas on Saturday when Wilder's corner threw in the towel in the seventh round.

Wilder also told US media he will exercise his rematch clause for a third fight against Fury.

"Fury didn't hurt me at all, but the simple fact is that my uniform was way too heavy for me," Wilder told Yahoo.

Wilder said the costume, which featured armour, a mask and a crown, weighed at least 40 pounds (18.1kg) and was a tribute to Black History Month.

Fury was carried to the ring on a throne, while also wearing a crown.

"I didn't have no legs from the beginning of the fight - in the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through," added Wilder.

"I was only able to put it on [for the first time] the night before but I didn't think it was going to be that heavy.

"I wanted it to be good and I guess I put that before anything."

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 11:38 AM   #8673
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

"Fury didn't hurt me at all"

Ok mate
Old 25-02-20, 11:57 AM   #8674
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

What a bum. Knows he's met his match and is going to waste everyone's time to boost his retirement funds.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 12:02 PM   #8675
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

All that prep and they didnt think to try out his pre match costume until 5 mins before he walked out. What a dick. Embarrassing excuse. Walk away Deontay and give the public the fight they want to see.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 12:58 PM   #8676
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

18kgs, less than one plate at the gym and his legs were gone?
Old 25-02-20, 01:20 PM   #8677
Assassin
Kloppite

He's just sacked the trainer who threw in the towel to put an end the beating he was receiving
Old 25-02-20, 03:47 PM   #8678
Mr Darko
Benitez

Some new comments from Wilder to Boxing Scene:

He doesn't just blame the costume, he now blames his loss on Fury fighting dirty and the referee helping Fury (lol - if anything it was the other way round!). Some amusing quotes from the interview:

Quote:
Credit to Tyson Fury,” Wilder said to BoxingScene.com. “I’m very happy for him and his accomplishment, and I wish him many congratulations. And it was a perfect game plan [for Fury]. But he didn’t come to box. He came to really, really, really make the fight as dirty as possible.”

Bayless deducted a point from Fury for hitting Wilder when he called for a break late in the fifth round. By then, Wilder feels Fury had gotten away with too many outcome-altering fouls for it to make a difference.
Wilder also contends that the 6-feet-9, 273-pound Fury hit him on the back of his head to cause a knockdown during the third round.

That was the first of two knockdowns Wilder suffered in his first professional defeat. The second knockdown was the result of Fury’s left to the body during the fifth round.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt so many knots and bruises on the back of my head and neck,” Wilder said. “[After the first knockdown], I turned over immediately to look at Kenny Bayless because he just made this speech about how he’s gonna take points from me and disqualify me if I hit in the back of the head and hit after the break. But I guess those rules just applied to me, and not my opponent, because he did it all night long and didn’t get penalized until it was too late.”

The 34-year-old Wilder doesn’t fault Fury for trying to get away with as much as he can to win a fight. The Tuscaloosa, Alabama, native just can’t understand why Bayless wasn’t more assertive about enforcing the rules.

I immediately turned around and opened my arms,” Wilder said, referring to what he said to Bayless following the first knockdown. “I was like, ‘What’s going on, bro? Are you serious? Did you see that?’ [After] that speech that you gave me, you’re supposed to protect the fighter. Fury was putting me in headlocks and still hitting me in the body, leaning over on me and still hitting me in the body. And due respect to him. He’s only doing what a fighter is supposed to do, fight and win. If you’re getting away with dirty tactics, then why not keep doing it? So, I understand that.

It’s up to the referee to be a man of his word. You come back here [to Wilder’s locker room] and you’re doing all this fancy talk, [saying] you’ve gotta abide by your rules. It just seems like I can’t get the right referee in the ring to save my life. One took too long to count and one allowed dirty tactics, and then took a point when it was too late, when it didn’t even matter no more. And Fury knew it. He knew it. He didn’t come to box. He came to fight dirty and the referee let him get away with it. But I congratulate him on his win and the accomplishment that he’s done. I’m very excited for him and moving on.
No wonder this man doesn't have any fans even in his own country. Complete moron. The majority of [the few] Wilder fan boys I saw (in person and social media) were racists that only supported him because he's black, and he was fighting a white guy.

This man doesn't deserve to share the ring with Fury again at this stage - would rather see Wilder face Ruiz or Whyte at the moment. Could tell over the years the way Wilder conducts himself during interviews that he wouldn't be humble in defeat.

Worst world champion in history - fought 39 bums. Even the half-decent guys he beat he lost most rounds before he got the lucky KO.

/edit: Don't think he's saying these things just to sell a 3rd fight with Fury - he probably genuinely believes it.

Last edited by Mr Darko; 25-02-20 at 05:29 PM.
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 05:34 PM   #8679
Zapater
Dalglish

Complete sour grapes. Even if his ridiculous outfit somehow did hinder his performance, he's an absolute prick for wanting to wear that in the first place. Wear that fucked up thing and you have to win, no exceptions.
Old 25-02-20, 07:51 PM   #8680
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

There's absolutely no value in a third bout. Fury has probably won 17 of the 19 rounds they've boxed and he'd just outclass him again. I don't see why Fury and Joshua can't get it on this summer. They've wasted enough time already.

Last edited by Shaggy; 25-02-20 at 08:13 PM.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports