It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-09-20, 11:01 AM   #5521
Charly
Dalglish

I would have to check the accounts, but loans dont affect ffp, and owners can underwrite a small loss each year.

Loans can simply be for cashflow... granted thats a lot of cash. It could also have been used for infrastructure.

I get the impression Chelsea have been playing it reasonably straight, and adhereing to FFP.

Also ffp was suspended, so they could be gaming the system slightly, but ffp is a 3 year rolling average... so it could be offset by previous sales.

Not to defend Chelsea, though...
Old 15-09-20, 11:39 AM   #5522
Maxiedge
Shankly

Not accusing them of breaching FFP rules. They would be foolish to do that after the Man City saga. To elaborate on my point, the owner is bankrolling the club with funds that are disputed and hence he keeps getting denied a VISA. Not sure if he has been granted one now. Google search brings up nothing.

Also, has he ever given an interview? It's 1 million% because questions will be dragged up he doesn't want to address. It's the classic low key approach.

Scumbag of a club.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 03:03 PM   #5523
craigdanny
Souness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiedge View Post
Not really. They've taken £440m in owner's loans in the last 5 years. To put it into perspective, that's 6 times as much as us.

They should just say it for what it is, an oligarchs plaything. Even Man City have more financing morals.
Didn't FSG pay off about the same in our debt as part of the takeover? The Moores family funded us for decades too.

I can't stand Chelsea myself, but all of the top clubs are a little guilty of it.

It seems a little rich moaning about money when we apparently have one of the largest costs in player salaries and we're buying goalkeepers for £70m when we're facing clubs whose entire starting 11 cost less

Last edited by craigdanny; 15-09-20 at 03:06 PM.
craigdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 03:31 PM   #5524
Maxiedge
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdanny View Post
Didn't FSG pay off about the same in our debt as part of the takeover? The Moores family funded us for decades too.

I can't stand Chelsea myself, but all of the top clubs are a little guilty of it.

It seems a little rich moaning about money when we apparently have one of the largest costs in player salaries and we're buying goalkeepers for £70m when we're facing clubs whose entire starting 11 cost less
We have one of the largest costs in player salaries as our starting XI have turned out to be world class and we need to cater for that. End of the day, if we're not going to pay their worth, a) it wont be a happy squad, b) they'll run down their contracts to go elsewhere for big pay day. We don't attract players with the promise of massive wages.

Goalkeeper purchase had to be done. Probably the only big club that has had bog standard goalkeepers previously in the years before. The big layout was covering the pain we had to endure.

Obviously we've spent our share, we've had to to compete. The spending has been in line with success though.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 03:59 PM   #5525
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:

Hi Craig and good to come out if lurking

Interesting opinion and there is some truth to it - I guess we have tried to do it the ‘right’ way by spending what we earn. Abramovich pumps no interest loans into Chelsea and they are in debt to him to the tune of a billion or so. If he ever loses interest they are screwed.

If FSG ever lose interest (sell) we would still be a sell sufficient entity. The Alisson point is catered for that our recruitment has been so good that we sold Phil - made £120m profit and bought VVD and Ali from it
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 04:25 PM   #5526
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:

I don't think there's any moaning about money, but with uncertainty around future revenues, we need to be more cautious because we don't have an oligarch or sovereign wealth fund to cover it. Past spending isn't really relevant as the issue is specifically related to ongoing Covid impacts.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 08:22 PM   #5527
Cormack74
Shankly

Well in Craigdanny, it's ages since we've had a proper lurker reveal
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 08:37 PM   #5528
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Well in Craigdanny, it's ages since we've had a proper lurker reveal
It must be like playing hide and seek by yourself

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-20, 06:40 AM   #5529
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

TBF 95% of the forum is currently in lurk mode
Old 21-09-20, 06:04 PM   #5530
ChesterDave
Paisley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54229269

Not against the rules but seriously iffy.
Old 24-09-20, 07:26 AM   #5531
Irishnev
Shankly

Was supposedly instrumental in getting Werner and Havertz in coming to Chelsea and now being shafted and sold. I actually think he is better than their other defenders but Crank knows best

Last edited by Irishnev; 24-09-20 at 11:34 AM.
Old 24-09-20, 07:37 AM   #5532
S-RED
Dalglish

Who?
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-20, 08:09 AM   #5533
Barnie7
Houllier

I think he is on about Rudiger
Barnie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-20, 11:35 AM   #5534
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnie7 View Post
I think he is on about Rudiger
Yep - forgot to paste the tweet
Old 24-09-20, 01:53 PM   #5535
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Crazy as Rudiger is a very good player.
Old 25-09-20, 06:47 AM   #5536
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Has looked average in the premier league imo.
Old 25-09-20, 08:23 AM   #5537
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Yeah he's shit imo. They haven't got one good CB if you ask me.
Old 28-09-20, 06:39 PM   #5538
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Chelsea coach Frank Lampard handed Marcos Alonso a furious dressing down in front of his team-mates after the left-back tried to watch the second half of their game at West Brom on the team coach rather than with the rest of the substitutes.

Multiple sources have told The Athletic that Lampard confronted Alonso following the 3-3 draw on Saturday evening having discovered he went to the bus on his own without permission after being taken off at half-time.

Alonso was one of two players changed at the interval. Mateo Kovacic also paid the price for a disastrous 45 minutes from the visitors, who trailed Slaven Bilic’s side 3-0.

But while the Croatia midfielder took his place in the stands with the rest of Chelsea’s contingent to watch proceedings in the second half as normal, it is understood Alonso went to the team coach after taking a shower.

Observers at the game did spot the 29-year-old within 10-15 minutes of the restart back inside the confines of the ground, but were surprised to see him in a different area to where the away group are expected to be, especially with strict COVID-19 protocols in place.

Insiders have described Lampard as being “the angriest they’ve ever seen him” as he lambasted Alonso for his actions in front of stunned team-mates. It is believed the Chelsea boss made a point of saying how while the side had shown great togetherness, determination and character to fight back from three goals down to earn a point, the Spain international had shown he wasn’t bothered about the team and that he made the situation all about him.

One source explains: “The players were saying they have never seen the manager like this. It kicked off after the game and he was going mad at Alonso. Some were talking about how they’d be surprised if he plays for Chelsea ever again.”
Old 28-09-20, 06:58 PM   #5539
McDermotX
Paisley

One thing I've noticed with Frank in postmatch interviews is that he loves to drop a name or three in there when things haven't gone too well. 'There's no I in team', but Frank seems to find it.

Of course, what a manager says in the dressing room and in front of the cameras aren't always the same thing, but its encouraging to hear he's cultivating a warm, trusting atmosphere with his players.
Old 28-09-20, 07:06 PM   #5540
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

It's all getting a bit Tim Sherwood
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 07:11 PM   #5541
labourRed
Shankly

When sources start talking to the press the wheels are usually coming off.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 07:15 PM   #5542
Pepe79
Dalglish

Wonder if Marcos Alonso got Frank’s "you’ve won one title and you’re givin’ it the big’un" line.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 07:15 PM   #5543
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
It's all getting a bit Tim Sherwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
When sources start talking to the press the wheels are usually coming off.
Lets hope so, I'd love to see it all go to shit for him and the chavs and see their fans start to turn on him
Old 20-10-20, 07:40 PM   #5544
rodo
Shankly

The worlds most expensive keeper

Old 20-10-20, 08:00 PM   #5545
Cormack74
Shankly

Actually I forgot we have Adrian as net minder currently
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football