It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 30-10-20, 02:47 PM   #8841
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Dubois for me, and for tomorrow I'm going for a fairly wide points win for Usyk. I'll caveat that by saying I wouldn't be surprised to see Chisora KO him.
Old 30-10-20, 04:29 PM   #8842
Zapater
Dalglish

I think Joyce will win, he's 35 years old, think his amateur pedigree and experience will put him in good stead, been in there with better pro opponents too for me.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-20, 05:57 PM   #8843
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I'm going for a fairly wide points win for Usyk.

Yeah. Usyk will box his ears off.

He's the best actual heavyweight boxer since the ATG Tyson (Fury )
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-20, 11:46 PM   #8844
Zapater
Dalglish

Only watched the 2nd half of this Selby fight, pretty surprised that this Aussie guy got the nod. Was a pretty tight one. Got Andy Lee on the commentary is pretty shocked.

Just checked, his name is Kambosos. Comes across as an absolute twat in his post fight interview.

Time for the big one now.
Old 31-10-20, 11:48 PM   #8845
spud_gun
Paisley

Kambosos won that fight pretty handily. Thought the fix was in when the Phil Edwards card was announced.
Old 01-11-20, 12:16 AM   #8846
Zapater
Dalglish

Good start, Chisora's using his size well. Usuk starting to find a bit of range in the 2nd half of the 2nd. Imagine if Chisora were in this condition for his entire career, no chance he'd have 9 losses.
Old 01-11-20, 12:37 AM   #8847
Zapater
Dalglish

Like Pacquiao and Margarito now. Chisora will do well not be stopped. Having said that, the size difference means Chisora only needs to land one. But Usyk is a different prospect to that French guy a couple years ago.
Old 01-11-20, 01:01 AM   #8848
spud_gun
Paisley

Usyk isn't doing anything against Fury

Joshua fight would be slightly more interesting. Would we see the Joshua of the 2nd Ruiz fight or a heavy Joshua looking to blast the much smaller man out of there?
Old 01-11-20, 01:18 AM   #8849
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Usyk isn't doing anything against Fury

Joshua fight would be slightly more interesting. Would we see the Joshua of the 2nd Ruiz fight or a heavy Joshua looking to blast the much smaller man out of there?
Not convinced by that, Usyk's feet are very good and he'd have a good chance against any heavyweight. Only way Fury can stop him is by leaning on him and hitting as he did Cunningham. Cunningham almost stopped Fury. Chisora's chin is up there with the best, some of those accurate left hands would trouble anyone.

Can't believe Chisora thought he won that, he definitely won some rounds, but don't see any case for him winning the fight overall. Wonder what Compubox says. It's hilarious how the world works out, can't believe he's wishing people safety and good mental health. What happened to the guy that spat water in Vitali's face
Old 01-11-20, 09:59 AM   #8850
RichC
Meh

Some KO from Davis on Leo Santa Cruz
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 11:17 AM   #8851
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Forgot all about that fight

Just watched the KO

What a shot.
Old 01-11-20, 12:54 PM   #8852
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Not convinced by that, Usyk's feet are very good and he'd have a good chance against any heavyweight. Only way Fury can stop him is by leaning on him and hitting as he did Cunningham. Cunningham almost stopped Fury. Chisora's chin is up there with the best, some of those accurate left hands would trouble anyone.

Can't believe Chisora thought he won that, he definitely won some rounds, but don't see any case for him winning the fight overall. Wonder what Compubox says. It's hilarious how the world works out, can't believe he's wishing people safety and good mental health. What happened to the guy that spat water in Vitali's face

I thought he won the first two rounds and a couple of others. Had Usyk by about three in the end. Was a good fight and Chisora bothered him more than I expected he might.
Old 01-11-20, 06:28 PM   #8853
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Recorded it and only watched it through now, pretty brilliant punch and a good fight overall. Davis is a quality fighter, southpaw too, could build something impressive if he keeps on the straight and narrow out of the ring.
Old 15-11-20, 10:17 AM   #8854
Zapater
Dalglish

Didn't even realise that Brook was fighting Crawford. Crawford shows why he's probably P4P the best. I have a lot of time for the Ukrainian's but Crawford is something else. Brook tried to turn it into a tactical battle and Crawford switched his tactics by switching southpaw and ended him. The telling blow was a short half jab/half hook that landed under the eye, not even the chin and it almost knocked Brook out of the ring. Shows the timing and power of Crawford.

Him and Spence have to do it sooner or later. Will see if he's still the same as before the accident. Garcia is a solid fighter and will show if Spence is as good as he was, if so him and Crawford is one hell of a fight. Really looking forward to Garcia, Spence regardless.

Brook should fight Kahn and then retire. He's a quality fighter but he's shown that right at the top he comes slightly short. No shame in that at all, he's had a good career. Let's have the Kahn fight for the fans and the payday, then he might as well call it quits. He could win a title against a lesser champ, but in all seriousness we know he's one of the better fighters at welter/light middle but the top 4 or 5 in those weight classes will beat him most of the time.
Old 15-11-20, 01:15 PM   #8855
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Didn't even realise that Brook was fighting Crawford. Crawford shows why he's probably P4P the best. I have a lot of time for the Ukrainian's but Crawford is something else. Brook tried to turn it into a tactical battle and Crawford switched his tactics by switching southpaw and ended him. The telling blow was a short half jab/half hook that landed under the eye, not even the chin and it almost knocked Brook out of the ring. Shows the timing and power of Crawford.

Him and Spence have to do it sooner or later. Will see if he's still the same as before the accident. Garcia is a solid fighter and will show if Spence is as good as he was, if so him and Crawford is one hell of a fight. Really looking forward to Garcia, Spence regardless.

Brook should fight Kahn and then retire. He's a quality fighter but he's shown that right at the top he comes slightly short. No shame in that at all, he's had a good career. Let's have the Kahn fight for the fans and the payday, then he might as well call it quits. He could win a title against a lesser champ, but in all seriousness we know he's one of the better fighters at welter/light middle but the top 4 or 5 in those weight classes will beat him most of the time.

Crawford is a joy to watch.
Old 27-11-20, 11:41 PM   #8856
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 28-11-20, 01:42 AM   #8857
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

Weird to look at them there, that in their respective careers they fought at different weight divisions?
Old 28-11-20, 10:51 PM   #8858
Zapater
Dalglish

Anyone know what time the the Joyce vs Dubois main event is?
Old 28-11-20, 10:59 PM   #8859
Cormack74
Shankly

I'm guessing about 11 pm - give the Americans on the East Coast time to settle down for the evening.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 11:01 PM   #8860
fidget
Shankly

about 11 I reckon
edit
maybe bit earlier - it's rd 4 in the main support scheduled 10 rounder
Old 28-11-20, 11:24 PM   #8861
Zapater
Dalglish

This Sheeraz guy reminds me of a David Price. He's lanky with that awkward robotic style.
Old 28-11-20, 11:50 PM   #8862
labourRed
Shankly

Weird circumstances for boxing. Got to take the edge off.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-20, 12:03 AM   #8863
Zapater
Dalglish

Thought Joyce would be looking for his short twisting uppercut on the inside. Also surprised he's thrown quite a few of his hooks which are among the slowest and most sluggish punches in boxing. I know all heavyweights are slow, but that's something else
Old 29-11-20, 12:29 AM   #8864
fidget
Shankly

Made up for Joyce
Old 29-11-20, 12:31 AM   #8865
labourRed
Shankly

Yeah, cruised that tbf.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-20, 12:37 AM   #8866
Zapater
Dalglish

Clinical performance. Even though I rate Dubois higher as a boxer I thought that Joyce would fight smart for this one and win and that's what he did. Didn't realise he was going to approach it as a 12 round amateur bout. That was straight from the awkward amateur handbook. Even when Dubois landed a big shot, Joyce was neutralising the effect by circling hard right and still managed to stick a jab (even if it was weak) in his eye. Great gameplan implemented to perfection. Credit for taking some really big shots like nothing too.
Old 29-11-20, 10:16 AM   #8867
RichC
Meh

Thought Dubois was a big stiff lump, just plodded along with little to no subtlety in how he came forward. Clearly has some good power but can’t see him getting past decent level domestic fighter
Old 29-11-20, 11:16 AM   #8868
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Thought Dubois was a big stiff lump, just plodded along with little to no subtlety in how he came forward. Clearly has some good power but can’t see him getting past decent level domestic fighter
To be fair he's just a kid and Joe Joyce has so much amateur experience, a great chin, fantastic stamina and is a big big man. (He also has a fine arts degree ). Really hope they can make an Usyk fight for him.
Dubois will improve and come again.
Old 29-11-20, 12:02 PM   #8869
RichC
Meh

No idea what Joyce having a fine arts degree has to do with anything. Joyce boxed a smart game and showed he’s a decent boxer. Dubois has a huge amount of work if he’s going to get himself to world level, the way the fight ended looked wasn’t good for him, if he doesn’t spark someone out with his power at the moment he lacks a lot of ring skill and I struggle to see him winning over the distance at the moment

Last edited by RichC; 29-11-20 at 12:07 PM.
Old 29-11-20, 12:27 PM   #8870
fidget
Shankly

I meant to put an emoji after fine arts degree lol
In my opinion Joyce is far more than decent and the step up to world level really isn't that much in today's heavyweight scene. The jab won the fight for Joyce, Dubois does a lot of his work coming in behind his own stiff jab - with that negated he really struggled but with a 78" reach he'll be able to out jab most other fighters. As Zap said Joyce was able to cleverly use his 80" reach to turn this into an awkward amateur style fight.

Dubois is a baby at 23,will learn from this and can come again. Don't judge him too soon.
Old 29-11-20, 01:38 PM   #8871
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It was like watching some dystopian beyond thunder dome event.

Totally bizarre. Empty room with random female screams from the background with masked men watching on wearing plastic visors.
Old 29-11-20, 05:01 PM   #8872
spud_gun
Paisley

Joshua vs Pulev on PPV in December.

£24.95
Old 30-11-20, 10:44 AM   #8873
fidget
Shankly

Broken orbital bone and nerve damage for Dubois.
He must have been in a hell of a lot of pain.
Old 30-11-20, 12:52 PM   #8874
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Broken orbital bone and nerve damage for Dubois.
He must have been in a hell of a lot of pain.
Frampton probably owes him an apology tbf. Dubois might never be the same again, depending on the extent.
Old 30-11-20, 01:13 PM   #8875
fidget
Shankly

Kell Brook certainly hasn't been since his multiple surgeries for the same injury.
Old 30-11-20, 01:42 PM   #8876
Zapater
Dalglish

I don't really get the stigma about 'quitting' in boxing. This whole 'would die in the ring' thing is bs. Some of the best fighters of all time have 'quit'. Alexis Arguello allowed himself to be counted out when he could have continued against Aaron Pryor. Now if anyone tells me Alexis was a pussy or didn't have heart, I'd be gobsmacked.

I have no problems at all when a fighter chooses not to continue - Dubois eye was horrendous and almost sealed shut. Same when Victor Ortiz broke his jaw 9 years ago, he couldn't speak in the post fight interview and people were calling him a pussy. There's a romance about going out on your shield, but who knows, Dubois potentially could have saved his career and long term health by not going on.

I know that Margarito apparently has also had some issues after Cotto and Manny smashed his orbital bone to pieces.
Old 30-11-20, 02:01 PM   #8877
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Kell Brook certainly hasn't been since his multiple surgeries for the same injury.
Quote:
I don't really get the stigma about 'quitting' in boxing. This whole 'would die in the ring' thing is bs. Some of the best fighters of all time have 'quit'. Alexis Arguello allowed himself to be counted out when he could have continued against Aaron Pryor. Now if anyone tells me Alexis was a pussy or didn't have heart, I'd be gobsmacked.

I have no problems at all when a fighter chooses not to continue - Dubois eye was horrendous and almost sealed shut. Same when Victor Ortiz broke his jaw 9 years ago, he couldn't speak in the post fight interview and people were calling him a pussy. There's a romance about going out on your shield, but who knows, Dubois potentially could have saved his career and long term health by not going on.

I know that Margarito apparently has also had some issues after Cotto and Manny smashed his orbital bone to pieces.
Old 30-11-20, 04:43 PM   #8878
Zapater
Dalglish

Credit must also go to just how heavy Joyce's hands are. He was prodding with the jab, it wasn't a strong rotating jab which was snapping the head back, the jab was just there. Even his taps do damage.
Old 01-12-20, 03:18 AM   #8879
rudedog
Pig hater

I just don't understand the appeal with boxing at all.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 11:03 AM   #8880
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
I just don't understand the appeal with boxing at all.
Do you have anything constructive to contribute or ask? Otherwise it's a fair opinion because we all have one, but weird place/context to voice it.

est1892 > General > General Sports