It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 24-08-20, 12:41 AM   #9001
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Kingsley Coman won his 19th trophy tonight. He has played 197 career games meaning he effectively wins a trophy every 9 matches.
I don't mean to be picky or belittle his achievements but its 1 in every 10 games. Nearly 1 in every 10.5. He's pretty much Sunday league quality

Old 24-08-20, 12:53 AM   #9002
Fivex
The Wisp

Meh, Elliot and Jones have a way better games per trophy record.

He’s shit.
Old 24-08-20, 12:53 AM   #9003
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Are they supposed to be those Nike power lace shoes from BTTF or are they just awful trainers?
It's the fact he brought a big fuck off speaker before the game, and strutting his stuff before a ball had even been kicked. More interested in the after party... reminded me of Gattuso touching the cup before the game when in Istanbul. Jinxed it.

Probably why he cried so much after the game, probably spent 2 days on the playlist, the silly meff. Feel a bit sorry for him tbh, I bet he regrets his and his dad's decision to go all out for the wonga wonga and move to Sheik football club. Then he tries to go back, they can't afford him, then he gets to the final and fucks it. I think it was at that moment he realised what a complete tosser he's been and how his greedy antics and shite lifestyle/career choices have come back to haunt him. Wouldn't get the Bayern players allowing that!

Like Neuer said in the interview on German DAZN after the game, when asked whether they would celebrate proper tonight and he was "Yea, probably, I'm sure the club have figured something out." Top pro. Get the game won first, then think about the party.
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-20, 09:14 AM   #9004
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

That fine line between confidence and arrogance will forever elude Neymar.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-20, 09:16 AM   #9005
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
That fine line between confidence and arrogance will forever elude Neymar.
can't stand him. Clearly an immense talent but his arrogance and his theatrics make him very unlilkeable.
Old 24-08-20, 09:36 AM   #9006
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Before finally signing off the season, let's take the opportunity to laugh at Raheem Sterling one more time...

frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-20, 09:42 AM   #9007
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
can't stand him. Clearly an immense talent but his arrogance and his theatrics make him very unlilkeable.

Thought for a moment that he wasn't going to go up for his silver medal. Sat on the bench like a pleb crying. One of the suits had to tell him that he was making the club look bad....

If i was a Bayern fan, then i'd have been cheesed off with Alaba as well - spent way to long consoling Neymar. A good 3 or 4 minutes hugging it out with him. You've just won the Champions League ya dope - give him a fist pump, say "better luck next year", and go celebrate with your team mates. No fuckin way would Neymar be doing the same if PSG had won.

Tuchel is a bit of an arsehole as well. His antics on the bench are ridiculous. Think he might be a good fit for United when they sack Ole next spring.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-20, 09:46 AM   #9008
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Kingsley Coman won his 19th trophy tonight. He has played 197 career games meaning he effectively wins a trophy every 9 matches.

He’s never not won the League in his career.

He’s 24.

Paris Saint-Germain
Ligue 1: 2012–13, 2013–14
Coupe de la Ligue: 2013–14
Trophée des Champions: 2013

Juventus
Serie A: 2014–15, 2015–16
Coppa Italia: 2014–15
Supercoppa Italiana: 2015

Bayern Munich
Bundesliga:2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
DFB-Pokal: 2015–16, 2018–19, 2019–20
DFL-Supercup: 2016, 2017, 2018
UEFA Champions League: 2019–20
That's mental
Old 24-08-20, 01:15 PM   #9009
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
That's mustard
Fixed it for ya.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 03:56 PM   #9010
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Thommo, Le Tissier and Champagne Charlie sacked.

Old 26-08-20, 04:08 PM   #9011
Gray
Dalglish

Needed freshening up.
Old 26-08-20, 04:13 PM   #9012
ChesterDave
Paisley

Are they allowing Merson on though? The man is a fucking idiot.

Last edited by ChesterDave; 26-08-20 at 04:43 PM.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 04:24 PM   #9013
Fivex
The Wisp

All the gammons mouthing off in the replies
Old 26-08-20, 05:16 PM   #9014
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

They are all completely rubbish. Not even slightly controversial to get rid of the three of them.

Old 26-08-20, 05:21 PM   #9015
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
All the gammons mouthing off in the replies

Old 26-08-20, 06:20 PM   #9016
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

I thought they were all great together, they are part and parcel of the show & it might put me off watching it from now on in depending on who comes in for them. The replies are probably correct about who will replace them. I wonder what the viewing % is off women who watch Soccer Saturday? Copying BT's politically correct panel I would imagine.

Last edited by danperkins; 26-08-20 at 06:26 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 08:00 PM   #9017
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Other than Jeff Stelling, who seems like a pro broadcaster. I always find the ‘bantz’ on Soccer Saturday excruciating to the point of being almost unbearable.

I am fairly sure the format can handle some diversity and new blood.
Old 26-08-20, 08:22 PM   #9018
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

They are all fucking shit, completely incoherent and bereft of any insight.

Thommo can't even finish a sentence, ever.

"And he's come there, it looks like he's just gonna.......the shot......it's half blocked and he.....but then it comes back in, shot, and you think.....maybe save it......but just as.......and it's there, it's a goal, it's one one, not really been..... but.....it's there, what a game"
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 08:29 PM   #9019
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Are they allowing Merson on though? The man is a fucking idiot.

I wouldn’t want to sack the man
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 08:35 PM   #9020
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

"And he's come there, it looks like he's just gonna.......the shot......it's half blocked and he.....but then it comes back in, shot, and you think.....maybe save it......but just as.......and it's there, it's a goal, it's one one, not really been..... but.....it's there, what a game"

I think Charlie Nicholas is even worse.
Old 26-08-20, 08:59 PM   #9021
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 09:00 PM   #9022
peekay
Dr.

Compared to other sports - cricket, NFL, NBA - the quality of punditry and analysis in football is dogshit. Even the best of them, there is hardly any genuine insight provided which intelligent fans cannot guess.

In cricket and NFL, sometimes you have ex players and coaches providing quality insights on the tactics, the way the game is developing, the pitch, the seam, strategy - nothing even close to that in football.

That entire setup needs a reboot given the money spent.
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 09:12 PM   #9023
ChesterDave
Paisley

I thought the Twitter comments on the Sky Sports sackings was scraping the bottom of the intellectual barrel until I noticed the David Icke was trending. Some of the stuff in there is so awful it makes me want to scratch out my own eyes
Old 26-08-20, 10:31 PM   #9024
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Well said.
Old 26-08-20, 11:36 PM   #9025
Liverpool
Paisley

Used to love Soccer Saturday as a kid but its stale as fuck now. Hardly bothered with it for 10 years. Its more aimed at Saturday lads down the pub putting a few bets with a bit of banter than any serious football punditry. Was an article about Carra/Nev doing MNF, they come in 8/9am do their analysis, off to the gym for a work out, come back and have some chicken salad or something. Eating and training like pros and putting the graft in to the make the best it can be. Soccer Saturday lads get leathered in the hotel on the Friday, hiding burger and chips, cans of coke behind the desk for ad breaks.

Its needed moving on for a while, its a shame the connection has been made to BLM this year but it was long overdue. Skys second string for the show are all shit so hopefully none of them get it and I think Alex Scott/Micah Richards would be wise to stick to match specific analysis than get involved. I think they will pull off some fairly big names though. Crouch/Bellamy would be the obvious LFC personalities.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 12:57 AM   #9026
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

As much as he's a massive cunt, I thought Andy Gray was enjoyable back in the day. He actually spoke about the game through a player's eyes and explained why the game was developing as it did.
Old 27-08-20, 06:04 AM   #9027
Harv
Randy Marsh

Yeah I may be in the minority but thought Gray was probably one of the better pundits in recent years. He actually analyses the game for a start.

Pity he's a bit of a dick behind the scenes.

The other knuckle-dragger (whose name escapes me) that he was always joined at the hip with is a proper bellend though.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 06:10 AM   #9028
Fivex
The Wisp

Gorilla handed weapon Richard Keys
Old 27-08-20, 06:13 AM   #9029
Rigadon
Shankly

Quote:
Well said.

But so sad that it has to be said.
Old 27-08-20, 06:35 AM   #9030
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:

poor bloke

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Old 27-08-20, 06:37 AM   #9031
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Gorilla handed weapon Richard Keys
That's the ape! Literal hands of an ape. Bet you anything he has a Simian crease

Old 27-08-20, 07:55 AM   #9032
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Unbelievablely depressing.
Old 27-08-20, 09:24 AM   #9033
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
Used to love Soccer Saturday as a kid but its stale as fuck now. Hardly bothered with it for 10 years. Its more aimed at Saturday lads down the pub putting a few bets with a bit of banter than any serious football punditry. Was an article about Carra/Nev doing MNF, they come in 8/9am do their analysis, off to the gym for a work out, come back and have some chicken salad or something. Eating and training like pros and putting the graft in to the make the best it can be. Soccer Saturday lads get leathered in the hotel on the Friday, hiding burger and chips, cans of coke behind the desk for ad breaks.

Its needed moving on for a while, its a shame the connection has been made to BLM this year but it was long overdue. Skys second string for the show are all shit so hopefully none of them get it and I think Alex Scott/Micah Richards would be wise to stick to match specific analysis than get involved. I think they will pull off some fairly big names though. Crouch/Bellamy would be the obvious LFC personalities.

In fairness it's a really odd format 3 or 4 guys trying to outshout one another often pretending that the game they are watching is more exciting that the others Not really sure what they will replace it with but it does need replacing
Old 27-08-20, 09:41 AM   #9034
Harv
Randy Marsh

I never understood the whole thing anyway. Why would you be watching three old men yelling at their screens describing the game (poorly) when you could just watch the game yourself or listen to it properly on the radio??

Old 27-08-20, 10:16 AM   #9035
McDermotX
Paisley

I guess its just a remnant of sorts. Couldn't televise the games via traditional broadcasting on a Saturday so Sky needed to fill their programming to sell their ware.
Thought it stopped being relevant a looonnngg time back, and I've not watched it in donkeys, so I've no idea who the guests do be other than when stations are being flicked through, but it always seemed to be a variation on Champagne Charlie, Idiot Merson and Thommo it seems, so any change from that would be at least now be something that they can promote as fresh.

Not that I'd be tuning in for the likes of Alex Scott or Micah Richard's vapid 'punditry' if that is indeed the sort of irregular studio guests that would be installed on said panel. Find them awful in their gigs up to now, offering next to no insight or criticism (especially Scott) so if they were bringing the same to a similar format......well, they won't be losing a viewer, because they wouldn't be gaining one in the first place.

Maybe just have a Football League show for a couple hours whereby they bounce around on-site reporters (do they even still do that ?), or run commentary, PL match selectable, with no show at all. I'd take the latter, but I'm sure there'd be some rights crap involved.
Never normally an issue finding our games televised in some format in any case - BT, Sky, Premier Sports (not to mention the dodgier methods).
Old 27-08-20, 12:48 PM   #9036
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Minto. Gone,

I hope they sack Martin Tyler.

Old 27-08-20, 12:58 PM   #9037
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Revista De La Liga was one of Sky Sports' best football programming IMO. From the intro, to the guests (who knew what they were talking about), the studio, and even the commentary was alright. Scott Minto does come across as a bit bland though. Not seen him much after that show, and it's been a good number of years. (he was worse than the original presenter they had).
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 01:18 PM   #9038
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Should he be renamed Cott Sminto because of his blandness?
Old 27-08-20, 01:56 PM   #9039
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I never understood the whole thing anyway. Why would you be watching three old men yelling at their screens describing the game (poorly) when you could just watch the game yourself or listen to it properly on the radio??
I guess when it started it was for the Saturday 3pm kick offs that weren't (aren't) shown on TV in the UK. when there is a full schedule of fixtures (7 PL fixtures and a load of EFL fixtures), and limited national radio stations only one or two games it made sense.

But as more and more fixtures have moved to different times for TV (and the Saturday 3pm kick offs are now usually they are the games very few people want to watch), there are other options the format no longer makes much sense.

Edit: Just seen McDermotX said the same thing
Old 27-08-20, 02:00 PM   #9040
Exiled_red
Paisley

What's the deal with televised games for this coming season given that there are going to be no fans? Are we going back to the normal game coverage (i.e. most games not being shown) or are they going to continue with the enhanced TV scheduling?

est1892 > Football > General Football