It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 23-08-20, 07:54 AM   #921
Sus
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Did we not sell the whole contract to that investment firm?
? What investment firm?
Sus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 01:37 PM   #922
ChesterDave
Paisley

It was reported last Autumn in the Barca accounts that Liverpool sold their interest so Barca now owe someone else.
Old 23-08-20, 02:24 PM   #923
Sus
Benitez

Didn't even know that was possible
Sus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 02:27 PM   #924
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

It's essentially just a form of credit/invoice factoring.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 03:23 PM   #925
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Sounds like it. We get say 80% of the money due and the finance company pursue the whole amount ending up with 20%
Old 23-08-20, 04:32 PM   #926
Deano
Shankly

I'd suggest its for the base fee, add ons cant be financed as you cant be sure they will be reached, and as such would be out scope of invoice financing. Financing fee would have been around 1-3%, but again dependent on Barca credit lines/status. Given EUR interest rates is less than 0% makes sense to park some money an an almost guaranteed return.

Ironic tho, getting EUR5m from Barca when he wins the CL with Bayern
Old 23-08-20, 05:08 PM   #927
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I'd suggest its for the base fee, add ons cant be financed as you cant be sure they will be reached, and as such would be out scope of invoice financing. Financing fee would have been around 1-3%, but again dependent on Barca credit lines/status. Given EUR interest rates is less than 0% makes sense to park some money an an almost guaranteed return.

Ironic tho, getting EUR5m from Barca when he wins the CL with Bayern
I'm sure there would be some vehicle to make it possible.
Work out the probabilities of him hitting each of the targets over the course of the contract and charge a premium on that.
It's basically EV calcs in gambling.
Some poker software actually offers you an in game cashout before the board has been completed with their cut factored in for cash games.

Last edited by fidget; 23-08-20 at 05:13 PM.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 10:40 PM   #928
Zapater
Dalglish

As much as it pains me to say, our recent high profile departures are all kind of justified and most of them have won the lot since leaving. Obviously it doesn't matter because we won the CL last season and the league now but I was looking at the trophy collections of some of our best players and the amount of silverware they've won is astounding. Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, Coutinho, Torres and so on. Sterling hasn't won the CL yet, but it's possible/probable he will at some point in his career.

People give Coutinho a lot of stick, but since leaving he's scored 32 goals and has 19 assists in 114 games. He's won 2 La Liga's, 2 Copa del Rey's, CL, Bundesliga and the Pokal. Not bad at all in my books, regardless of where he ends up next season I'd say that's pretty good.

EDIT: Only the one Copa, forgot Valencia beat Barca last season.

Last edited by Zapater; 23-08-20 at 10:48 PM.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 10:48 PM   #929
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
As much as it pains me to say, our recent high profile departures are all kind of justified and most of them have won the lot since leaving. Obviously it doesn't matter because we won the CL last season and the league now but I was looking at the trophy collections of some of our best players and the amount of silverware they've won is astounding. Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, Coutinho, Torres and so on. Sterling hasn't won the CL yet, but it's possible/probable he will at some point in his career.

People give Coutinho a lot of stick, but since leaving he's scored 32 goals and has 19 assists in 114 games. He's won 2 La Liga's, 2 Copa del Rey's, CL, Bundesliga and the Pokal. Not bad at all in my books, regardless of where he ends up next season I'd say that's pretty good.
Coutinho only won that stuff cos he went to barca and the team is propped up by messi and suarez. The little bad backed cunt didnt really contribute or "make the difference" so fuck him.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 10:53 PM   #930
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Coutinho only won that stuff cos he went to barca and the team is propped up by messi and suarez. The little bad backed cunt didnt really contribute or "make the difference" so fuck him.
That's the point though, he went to Barca because he felt there would be more of a chance to win titles. I would argue that his favourable goal/assist ratio and number of appearances would indicate that he is contributing - what else would he be doing on the pitch?
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 05:55 PM   #931
spud_gun
Paisley

His 'new start' at Barca is going great guns.

ya wee rat
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 06:03 PM   #932
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

What happened?
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 11:00 PM   #933
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Emptied by a shite Real in 'El Classico".
Old 25-10-20, 03:36 PM   #934
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Wee turd.
Old 25-10-20, 11:40 PM   #935
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Wee turd.

est1892 > Football > General Football