It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 28-11-21, 08:10 PM   #6881
ChesterDave
Paisley

ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-21, 08:18 PM   #6882
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-21, 08:46 PM   #6883
ChesterDave
Paisley

Its impossible to know what is stupidity and what is satire now

Old 28-11-21, 09:38 PM   #6884
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post

A stunner it was not.

Last edited by Kenneth; 28-11-21 at 09:40 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 11:00 AM   #6885
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Its impossible to know what is stupidity and what is satire now
Mike Parry is an absolute weapon
Old 29-11-21, 11:01 AM   #6886
frank the tank
Shankly

big time clown. See him have that argument with the insulate britain fella a few weeks ago.....about concrete being sustainable
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 01:38 PM   #6887
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

They've not won in the League since September 25th.
Old 02-12-21, 09:56 AM   #6888
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
This was always a possibility with him still living on the Wirral.

It is hard to see how it works out well for Rafa though. The very first bad spell they have he'll get unbelievable abuse

They will HAVE to get off to a good start. There will be zero bedding in period for him.

I think there's a chance he wins them the league cup or something but the question is will he survive long enough to do it

It's a strange situation as I love the man so I can't help but wish him well there, it's going to be very weird.
Bump.

So he did actually get off to that good start, unfortunately the bad spell came immediately afterwards and the abuse has well and truly started.

This was all very predictable I'm afraid. It'll be over soon. They're a toxic club and he should have stayed well clear.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 10:14 AM   #6889
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Looking at their fixtures and honestly would not be surprised if they did not win another game before Christmas
Well on the way to be correct
Old 03-12-21, 09:13 AM   #6890
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

I'm still thinking about how poor he was tactically in that game. The formation he played was a disaster and his subs were poor too. I can't work out how he thought that approach would work against us?

I think he's been well and truly left behind as a top class coach, a bit like Mourinho, these days.
Old 03-12-21, 09:29 AM   #6891
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I'm still thinking about how poor he was tactically in that game. The formation he played was a disaster and his subs were poor too. I can't work out how he thought that approach would work against us?

I think he's been well and truly left behind as a top class coach, a bit like Mourinho, these days.
It does feel like the game has moved on in recent years, the top managers of 10 years ago do seem to be struggling a bit now.

That said in the case of Benitez maybe we also need to consider the quality of the players he has to work with
Old 03-12-21, 10:26 AM   #6892
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
It does feel like the game has moved on in recent years, the top managers of 10 years ago do seem to be struggling a bit now.

That said in the case of Benitez maybe we also need to consider the quality of the players he has to work with
With that squad though shouldn't he have been more defensive? There was no way they could go toe-to-toe with us and win. The 4-4-2 was daft, it was never going to work. It went exactly as expected, our fullbacks ripped them apart.
Old 03-12-21, 10:45 AM   #6893
labourRed
Paisley

Quote:

Yeah, i think when McCoist is calling your tactics out in the first 5mins your time is up. Still he's done probably everything he needs to in the game now. More than many can say.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 02:38 PM   #6894
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

What tactics was he meant to deploy though?! Everton we’re always likely to struggle against us, the form we’re in.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 02:57 PM   #6895
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
What tactics was he meant to deploy though?! Everton we’re always likely to struggle against us, the form we’re in.
That's not my job

Nah I don't know, make it hard for us to score instead of giving our most dangerous players loads of space to play in?

I was expecting him to be far more defensive to be honest. He's usually a pragmatist that adapts to the opposition.
Old 03-12-21, 03:35 PM   #6896
Deano
Shankly

Quote:
That's not my job

I was expecting him to be far more defensive to be honest. He's usually a pragmatist that adapts to the opposition.
Very true, but he was at home 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 would have problem gone down a lot worse by the home support.
That said, I do think time has moved on, he,J ose, Ancelotti are starting to look dated these day
Old 03-12-21, 11:14 PM   #6897
rodo
Shankly

Old 04-12-21, 04:50 AM   #6898
baitman
Daddy day care

Id bet my pocket money that everton never build a stadium at bramley moor dock.
If ever development happens there is will end up being apartments.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 09:21 AM   #6899
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 10:04 PM   #6900
baitman
Daddy day care

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
Old 04-12-21, 11:11 PM   #6901
Exiled_red
Paisley

Old 04-12-21, 11:27 PM   #6902
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Nonsense paper talk, but please yes.
Old 04-12-21, 11:30 PM   #6903
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

, :"

Last edited by Saveloy; 04-12-21 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Late post
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 11:31 PM   #6904
ChesterDave
Paisley

Please no. Mourinho is fast becoming like those turds floating in the lower reaches of the PL that never flush. The day the sour prick leaves the English game for good cannot come too soon.
Old 04-12-21, 11:48 PM   #6905
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I found it pretty easy to completely ignore him when he was at united and could happily do so again. He'd spend a ton and leave them at least as screwed as they already are
Old 05-12-21, 02:02 AM   #6906
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Old 05-12-21, 02:04 AM   #6907
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Hahaha how stupid would they have to be & it’d show how far the Special One has fallen if he accepted the job.
Old 05-12-21, 06:21 AM   #6908
Exiled_red
Paisley

As has been mentioned based on the source it is almost certainly BS, but assuming it wasn't he's not a long term solution to sort their team out, he would waste a load of money and they would be no better off. There would be a media circus following him which would be annoying, but there would almost certainly be some of their fans saying that he would take them to the top and we'd have to put up with all his nonsense again on and off the pitch.
Old 05-12-21, 09:11 AM   #6909
SB
Paisley

Quote:
As has been mentioned based on the source it is almost certainly BS, but assuming it wasn't he's not a long term solution to sort their team out, he would waste a load of money and they would be no better off. There would be a media circus following him which would be annoying, but there would almost certainly be some of their fans saying that he would take them to the top and we'd have to put up with all his nonsense again on and off the pitch.
Agree with all of that. It’s the attention of the English press that he’s missing IMO. He’s proved that he’s irrelevant now & only a fool would bank roll him to improve a club.
Old 05-12-21, 09:13 AM   #6910
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:

I would love all that, would make it all the sweater, when we beat them… the part about the fans thinking he’ll take them to the top- it’s the hope that kills you, it would only make them extra bitter when they realize they’re still a mid table team, at best!
Old 05-12-21, 12:01 PM   #6911
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I found it pretty easy to completely ignore him when he was at united and could happily do so again. He'd spend a ton and leave them at least as screwed as they already are

The danger here being that the concentrated nouveau sourness of Mourinho and the ancient curdled sourness of the fans combine to to form a new strain of mega-fume that could threaten humanity on a global scale.
rudedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 12:42 PM   #6912
Venton
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
The danger here being that the concentrated nouveau sourness of Mourinho and the ancient curdled sourness of the fans combine to to form a new strain of mega-fume that could threaten humanity on a global scale.
Old 05-12-21, 02:08 PM   #6913
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Old 05-12-21, 05:30 PM   #6914
ChesterDave
Paisley

It would be great to see them go down but if they lose too many games too quickly they could get rid of Benitez. 22 January they play Villa at home so would be Rafa v Stevie in the dugout at Goodison which would have heads falling off all over the shop. Dilemma
Old 05-12-21, 05:32 PM   #6915
S-RED
Shankly

Brands is off then #SCAPEGOAT
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 05:42 PM   #6916
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Brands is off then #SCAPEGOAT
Inevitable.

Old 06-12-21, 10:37 AM   #6917
Angryred
Dalglish

To be honest, it would do Everton a world of good if they got relegated & spend a few years in the wilderness just to get their shit in order & come back up a better club just like Leeds did
Old 06-12-21, 10:41 AM   #6918
SB
Paisley

Or better still do a Sunderland & go into free fall, make a mini series showing how bitter they are & how bad the owners are, drop another division & then remain there for years & years.
Old 06-12-21, 11:30 AM   #6919
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Or better still do a Sunderland & go into free fall, make a mini series showing how bitter they are & how bad the owners are, drop another division & then remain there for years & years.

I'm always amazed when I look at league one how many former PL clubs are down there, Sunderland are the biggest but also the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Wigan, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Charlton all had fairly long spells in the PL
Old 06-12-21, 09:32 PM   #6920
fidget
Shankly

27 of them protested

Make it a yearly thing, I'm looking forward to 50 at 50
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football