It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 16-10-20, 12:43 PM   #401
Pepe79
Shankly

Wilson made fewer starts for Bournemouth as the season went on. After the restart, he only started once and was subbed off at half time. Continued to come on regularly as a substitute himself though.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 01:54 PM   #402
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
He scored 6 or his goals for Bournemouth by the end of November, as I said I thought he got off to a good start the numbers at least suggest that he is capable. I guess the question is was this just a purple patch, was his form in the last few months more his level or was his down turn in form because the team weren't playing well and he lost confidence and his level is somewhere between the two? I suspect the latter.
I made a comparison to Mason Mount around that point. Their numbers were very similar (not just the season, but career stats at that point), but Mount seemed to be involved more for me. If you take away both of their goals then I think Mount is still a decent player, Wilson really isn't unfortunately, and that's the difference.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 03:31 PM   #403
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I made a comparison to Mason Mount around that point. Their numbers were very similar (not just the season, but career stats at that point), but Mount seemed to be involved more for me. If you take away both of their goals then I think Mount is still a decent player, Wilson really isn't unfortunately, and that's the difference.
Both played in the same Derby team and Wilson's numbers were better 18 goals to Mount's 11 (although I assume Wilson played a more attacking role). Last season Mount was in a much better side than Wilson so that's difficult to compare them based on that. To be honest I haven't seen enough of either (just MOTD really) so can't comment on how involved the two are. He seems a decent player but needs to find the right level/team.
Old 16-10-20, 04:03 PM   #404
Pepe79
Shankly

Wilson turns 24 this season. I’m not sure why we didn’t just take the £12m + £3m that Burnley offered earlier in the window.
Old 16-10-20, 05:10 PM   #405
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 17-10-20, 08:31 PM   #406
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Wilson turns 24 this season. Iím not sure why we didnít just take the £12m + £3m that Burnley offered earlier in the window.
Aye
Old 21-10-20, 11:17 PM   #407
Exiled_red
Paisley

Scored for Cardiff in a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth, Solanke got Bournemouth's goal
Old 24-03-21, 09:00 PM   #408
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Just scored for Wales vs Belgium

Old 16-04-21, 08:13 PM   #409
Irishnev
Shankly

Scored and then got booked for the below

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 08:16 PM   #410
Pepe79
Shankly

Harvey Elliot, not Harry Wilson!
Old 16-04-21, 10:00 PM   #411
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Harvey Elliot, not Harry Wilson!
Ffs
Old 16-04-21, 10:09 PM   #412
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Ffs
Trying so hard to beat Shaggy arenít ya
Old 17-04-21, 07:42 AM   #413
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Trying so hard to beat Shaggy arenít ya
It was fecking Buzzo...... the thunder stealer
Old 17-04-21, 09:02 AM   #414
Resu
Dalglish

Anybody know how Wilson is doing? Where is he now, it’s hard to keep track.
Old 17-04-21, 09:45 AM   #415
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resu View Post
Anybody know how Wilson is doing? Where is he now, itís hard to keep track.
As I bumped the thread I guess I should do the investigation

4 goals and 12 assists in 34 games for Cardiff who are coming 8th and unlikely to make the play offs
Old 17-04-21, 01:08 PM   #416
Resu
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
As I bumped the thread I guess I should do the investigation

4 goals and 12 assists in 34 games for Cardiff who are coming 8th and unlikely to make the play offs
Ok numbers, but not great. I guess heís playing at his level now. Heís not a kid anymore either. Wonder how weíll get for him.
Old 17-04-21, 01:52 PM   #417
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resu View Post
Ok numbers, but not great. I guess heís playing at his level now. Heís not a kid anymore either. Wonder how weíll get for him.

Would have to imagine that depending on whether a PL or Championship were interested in him, we could got somewhere in the 12m to 20m range. Think it is fair to say that he is a proven Championship/lower PL tier player now so that would/should make him an interesting target for a lot of clubs.

Could also see him maybe getting some interest from either of the big two in Scotland.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 12:05 AM   #418
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Would have to imagine that depending on whether a PL or Championship were interested in him, we could got somewhere in the 12m to 20m range. Think it is fair to say that he is a proven Championship/lower PL tier player now so that would/should make him an interesting target for a lot of clubs.

Could also see him maybe getting some interest from either of the big two in Scotland.
I think a year or more ago that would have been reasonable, but I think that ship has sailed now, He did OK initially at Bournemouth last year but then struggled, I don't think he's proven PL player. Maybe if we are lucky we can sell him to a bottom half of the PL club and get ~£12m but I think a Championship club is more likely and I don't see them paying that kind of money for him.
Old 18-04-21, 12:02 PM   #419
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
I think a year or more ago that would have been reasonable, but I think that ship has sailed now, He did OK initially at Bournemouth last year but then struggled, I don't think he's proven PL player. Maybe if we are lucky we can sell him to a bottom half of the PL club and get ~£12m but I think a Championship club is more likely and I don't see them paying that kind of money for him.

He has 4 goals and 11 assists in the Championship this season which is not a bad return from the position he plays in.

Just looking at his goals/assists return for when he played in either a PL or Championship team and he is currently at 133 games played in all comps for Derby/Hull/Cardiff/Bournemouth having gotten 36 goals and 24 assists.

That is 9,623 minutes played according to a couple of the stat sites so that puts him as getting a goal or assist roughly every 160 minutes.

Think his goal/assist return might interest a few Championship or lower tier PL teams (or similar level clubs in other countries tbh).

I suspect we will certainly see players with a lesser return than him moving for fees in the 12m to 20m bracket this year.

He could well be of interest to a team promoted from the Championship or one of the PL teams that avoid the drop.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Old 18-04-21, 12:42 PM   #420
Pepe79
Shankly

Good to see that while his goals have dropped off, his assists have shot up this season.

12 versus just 3 in his last Championship loan with Derby and none at all for Bournemouth in the PL last year.
Old 18-04-21, 12:47 PM   #421
Exiled_red
Paisley

Like I say I don't think he is PL proven so still represents a risk, and I don't see championship clubs paying that sort of money in the current financial situation. Hopefully I am wrong...
Old 18-04-21, 02:24 PM   #422
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Like I say I don't think he is PL proven so still represents a risk, and I don't see championship clubs paying that sort of money in the current financial situation. Hopefully I am wrong...

Do not think there is a massive difference in quality between the better Championship teams and the lower tier PL ones tbh. That is the level I think he is proven at.

Have seen people describe Nat Philips as being PL proven, and guys like Andy Carroll and Andrew Robertson were called it before joining us.

Even Wijnaldum was called PL proven when he joined us.

I'm not saying he is a very good player or even a good one by the standards of a top half PL team, just that he seems to have shown over the course of the past three to four years that he can do a job for clubs in that lower bracket of bottom half of the PL/Top half of the Championship.

Old 18-04-21, 09:58 PM   #423
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Do not think there is a massive difference in quality between the better Championship teams and the lower tier PL ones tbh. That is the level I think he is proven at.

Have seen people describe Nat Philips as being PL proven, and guys like Andy Carroll and Andrew Robertson were called it before joining us.

Even Wijnaldum was called PL proven when he joined us.

I'm not saying he is a very good player or even a good one by the standards of a top half PL team, just that he seems to have shown over the course of the past three to four years that he can do a job for clubs in that lower bracket of bottom half of the PL/Top half of the Championship.
There isn't much of a difference in quality.between lower half PL clubs and promotion chasing championship clubs, there are to my mind 2 main differences: 1) Money, PL sides can afford much larger transfer fees, but 2) are less likely to buy 'luxury' players, your typical bottom half of the PL sides are more likely to setup in a much more defensive way than a top championship club. Wilson struggled to get games at Bournemouth even under a manager who tried to play football, so I think he would likely be viewed in this way by many managers or clubs.

Regarding other players Robertson was a regular for Hull for 3 seasons, 2 of which were in the PL, was he PL proven, I would probably say 2 seasons as a regular qualifies. Carroll half a season as a regular in the PL after a good season in the Championship, I would say people were swayed by his good half season, but I would say not PL proven (and not just with hindsight ) Wijnaldum had a good season as a regular at Newcastle maybe PL proven on the back of that, but he was already proven at the top level with his form in the Dutch league.

For me Wilson has half a season of PL football where he wasn't a regular, yes he might have put in some good performances but wasn't doing it week in week out so for me not PL proven. Similarly I wouldn't say Phillips is PL proven.
Old 19-04-21, 11:27 AM   #424
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:

...Kent went to Rangers and seems to be doing well now. It's definitely a level to suit some of the less established 'nearly boys' from the squad... plus he'd have Stevie as manager and he'll know his playing style well.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 11:51 PM   #425
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 04-05-21, 12:31 AM   #426
baitman
Daddy day care

Left foot like a wand.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 02:24 AM   #427
SB
Paisley

So do we keep him & Harvey next season & bin Shaq & Ox to free up wages for Mbappe?
Old 04-05-21, 03:57 AM   #428
BigChief
Paisley

Beautiful executions, but it was like playing against a team without a goalie. Bad positioning for the first, terrible wall set up for the second and the ball was hit at him directly for the third.
Old 04-05-21, 08:06 AM   #429
Harv
Randy Marsh

Still got to stick it in the net though don't you.

He cant be any worse than Origi or Ox or even the current version of Firmino can he? They offer us absolutely nothing at the moment. At least this lad can strike a ball, doesn't have the heart the size of a pea or have bones made from crisps.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 08:47 AM   #430
vlahka
Still sulking...

The white mbappe. Bring him home.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 09:24 AM   #431
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

If we could just sub him on and off for set-pieces like an NFL kicker he'd be world class.
Old 04-05-21, 10:50 AM   #432
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
If we could just sub him on and off for set-pieces like an NFL kicker he'd be world class.
Old 04-05-21, 11:08 AM   #433
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
We have Shaqiri already
Old 04-05-21, 03:10 PM   #434
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Still got to stick it in the net though don't you.

He cant be any worse than Origi or Ox or even the current version of Firmino can he? They offer us absolutely nothing at the moment. At least this lad can strike a ball, doesn't have the heart the size of a pea or have bones made from crisps.

I donít know if heís good enough for LFC, but I DO know that origi, ox and a few others that are keeping him out of the squad, are not good enough for LFC...
Old 04-05-21, 06:02 PM   #435
Gray
Dalglish

We do lack someone who can shoot from distance.
Old 04-05-21, 08:13 PM   #436
Charly
Dalglish

I am all for keeping players like Wilson for the bench. People write him off on a couple of performances in weakened teams.

The problem is that with the wages Ox will he on would mean it would be impossible to flog him off, so we are stuck with him and will probably look to cash in on Wilson instead.
Old 04-05-21, 09:35 PM   #437
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
I am all for keeping players like Wilson for the bench. People write him off on a couple of performances in weakened teams.

The problem is that with the wages Ox will he on would mean it would be impossible to flog him off, so we are stuck with him and will probably look to cash in on Wilson instead.
Im not saying wilson is the saviour of LFC but its a shame we have to sell a decent prospect just to fund the benchwarming and physio time of the ox

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 11:03 AM   #438
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Whenever I've watched him he's nigh on invisible until a set-piece happens. It's not that he's shit, he's very talented, but he always seems to be on the periphery of the game.
Old 05-05-21, 12:24 PM   #439
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Whenever I've watched him he's nigh on invisible until a set-piece happens. It's not that he's shit, he's very talented, but he always seems to be on the periphery of the game.
Yep, very much so...just going through the motions in a game then bang, turns it on when it suits him...looks great on MOTD but fuck all else...Klopp & his team will have seen enough to know that this guy is not good for LFC
Old 05-05-21, 03:40 PM   #440
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Never going to be good enough for us. Pure highlights player. A lovely left foot but bang average at everything else.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC