It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 12-04-21, 07:34 AM   #3881
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
But he will have to try and get in positions every game. If he doesn’t take chances then he won’t score goals, that’s true of every forward. Equally, he will therefor lose possession in trying.

If other players contributed to the same level we’d be in much better shape. The fact of the matter is that he pretty much carries us as a goal scoring threat. Particularly with Virgil out our set piece threat is zero. If Mo is off form, which will happen, then nobody else steps up (particularly with Jota injured). Him being either top scorer or almost in the League each year suggests it’s not him, and stats wise if you look here his conversion rate and shots on target is higher than Harry Kane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ue/top-scorers

If he were to become even more prolific, and he has the potential to do so, we will be looking at the best forward in the history of the club. And he technically plays out wide.
fuck knows where would be this or any other season without his goals. He has carried us this season & it still absolutely baffles me how this guy is criticized.
Old 12-04-21, 07:52 AM   #3882
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
fuck knows where would be this or any other season without his goals. He has carried us this season & it still absolutely baffles me how this guy is criticized.
The two other guys he plays up top with (Mane and Bobby) have had really difficult seasons as have the other two main providers of assists (Trent and Robbo), but he is still up there battling for the golden boot.
Old 12-04-21, 12:06 PM   #3883
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post

People should look at all our league games this season, then remove the goals Salah scored.

The amount of times he scores that changes a loss to a draw or a draw to a win is huge. We have no other player that scores that sort of game changing goal as often as he does over the past few season, and this season without him we would not have hit the 40 point mark yet.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 12:33 PM   #3884
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I wonder if it is because he is the most capable forwards. So when things aren't happening for us and him, the player we look to is Mo. He is not going to score every time he gets the ball, but as he is always the one that shows, no matter how the game is going supporters look to him for even more.

I think some of the criticism is bizarre, the allegation that he and Mane are feuding just doesn't play out when you know both of their personalities (humble, modest, driven) and that they may 'fall out' on the pitch to me means nothing. But in general in these instances the criticism seems to be aimed more at Salah. He is a goalscorer (or has become one) the main purpose of football, his personal goals further our collective ones, and he seems hell bent on breaking records. The guy is a winner. You can see it in his attitude on the pitch, the standards he sets drive the standards in others. His hunger has taken us a long, long way, I want to see it take him and us even further.

For me he deserves all round love and praise as we would be nowhere without him. We would have no Champions League, no Premier League, he has been as pivotal a signing up front as Virgil was at the back.

I think Klopp made a mistake in giving Trent the armband earlier on in the season. yes, it should mean nothing, but Trent would have been fine not getting it. And it would have said to Mo, this is how highly we think of you (5th choice captain).
Old 12-04-21, 02:35 PM   #3885
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I wonder if it is because he is the most capable forwards. So when things aren't happening for us and him, the player we look to is Mo. He is not going to score every time he gets the ball, but as he is always the one that shows, no matter how the game is going supporters look to him for even more.

I think some of the criticism is bizarre, the allegation that he and Mane are feuding just doesn't play out when you know both of their personalities (humble, modest, driven) and that they may 'fall out' on the pitch to me means nothing. But in general in these instances the criticism seems to be aimed more at Salah. He is a goalscorer (or has become one) the main purpose of football, his personal goals further our collective ones, and he seems hell bent on breaking records. The guy is a winner. You can see it in his attitude on the pitch, the standards he sets drive the standards in others. His hunger has taken us a long, long way, I want to see it take him and us even further.

For me he deserves all round love and praise as we would be nowhere without him. We would have no Champions League, no Premier League, he has been as pivotal a signing up front as Virgil was at the back.

I think Klopp made a mistake in giving Trent the armband earlier on in the season. yes, it should mean nothing, but Trent would have been fine not getting it. And it would have said to Mo, this is how highly we think of you (5th choice captain).

I think the team has been so fuckin good in recent years and a lot of that is because we have had leadership all over the pitch. Henderson and Virgil set the tone for a lot of that. Missing them both this season has been very hard - not just for their talent with the football but because of their leadership on the pitch too.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 07:57 PM   #3886
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 08:00 PM   #3887
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 10:59 PM   #3888
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post

It's like Rocky and Apollo running on the beach

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 12:39 AM   #3889
Fivex
The Wisp

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC