It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-08-21, 11:23 AM   #2761
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
I'd agree with the rating 6 to 6.5 (tops). Which, I'll say again, is an improvement for him so he's heading in the right direction. I just don't think that's good enough for our midfield.

I do generally have a problem with the narrative that "there's clearly a talented player in there somewhere". I genuinely don't see how that assumption can be made given the performances he's given us so far. There MAY be a possibility that he'll come good with a decent run of games and luck with injuries, and you'd hope that he does for all our sakes, but there is no "clearly" about it - it can only be from youtube videos from when he was back in Germany, it certainly has been whilst he's been here with us.
Heís had a few MotM performances for us - not nearly enough for what we were expecting but to suggest heís never been more than average is wrong. His problems have been constant injuries and always needing a run of games before getting up to speed.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-21, 11:29 AM   #2762
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Yep, and no ones talking about him
I did in the match thread but no one commented

Quote:
Great result to start the campaign & my only disappointment was the Ox. I thought he just didnít turn up today & offered nothing. Itís disappointing as his PS form was pretty good & Klopp rewarded him for that & he didnít take the chance imo. He wonít get many better chances to impress than today & with Hendo & Fab coming back & Elliot looking lively in his cameo he might not see much game time for a while.
Old 15-08-21, 12:03 PM   #2763
Exiled_red
Paisley

Naby is always going to have his critics, even if he were to become a solid dependable player able to play week in week out (which to be fair I'd be happy with), that wouldn't be enough for some, because even then he still wouldn't be the player that we thought we'd signed.

On the other hand there are people who are so used to him being injured that if he comes in and puts a couple of decent performances in he's ''turned it around". I think whatever he does there is going to be this split of opi ion.
Old 15-08-21, 12:05 PM   #2764
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Naby is always going to have his critics, even if he were to become a solid dependable player able to play week in week out (which to be fair I'd be happy with), that wouldn't be enough for some, because even then he still wouldn't be the player that we thought we'd signed.

On the other hand there are people who are so used to him being injured that if he comes in and puts a couple of decent performances in he's ''turned it around". I think whatever he does there is going to be this split of opi ion.
Yep itís split alright
Old 15-08-21, 12:06 PM   #2765
Fivex
The Wisp

Split of opi ion

Old 15-08-21, 12:17 PM   #2766
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
I'd agree with the rating 6 to 6.5 (tops). Which, I'll say again, is an improvement for him so he's heading in the right direction. I just don't think that's good enough for our midfield.

I do generally have a problem with the narrative that "there's clearly a talented player in there somewhere". I genuinely don't see how that assumption can be made given the performances he's given us so far. There MAY be a possibility that he'll come good with a decent run of games and luck with injuries, and you'd hope that he does for all our sakes, but there is no "clearly" about it - it can only be from youtube videos from when he was back in Germany, it certainly has been whilst he's been here with us.
Itís not an assumption though. Itís based on his actual performances for us. For someone who plays so infrequently, he is often one of our best midfield performers when he does play, and many of our best team performances over the past 18 to 24 months have come with him playing and that is clear.

It seems some will only be happy when he does an entire RB Leipzig compilation in one game.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-21, 12:55 PM   #2767
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:

Well he's a very solid technical player, some of his touches, turns and control is up there with the best at the club and can be very creative, his little one-twos when around the box can unlock tight defenses. There was definitely a little stretch of games he had where you could see he was talented, scored a few goals and was creating chances...then got injured again playing in a potato field in Burkina Faso.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-21, 01:04 PM   #2768
BigChief
Paisley

I'm just glad he got through the whole game at full pace and there is no injury news next day. If he can just make 3 full months of games then we will see some great football from him.

Same with Ox actually.
Old 15-08-21, 01:26 PM   #2769
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

It's pretty stupid (and terribly boring) anyway to be talking about player x or player y after 1 game, especially the first game of the season.

Also, not too sure people understand the role of our midfielders in our team.
Old 15-08-21, 01:28 PM   #2770
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

I think Keita did exactly what Klopp wanted him to and if Klopp were dishing out scores, it would be a 9/10.
Old 15-08-21, 01:32 PM   #2771
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:

My memory is shit, but off the back of the infamous Youtube vids he had me salivating in his first pre-season and I was so looking forward to him linking up with Mo with some of his quick, long passes (not the dribbling skills I was expecting.). He also finished that season quite well and scored a couple of goals in succession and looked like he'd kick on, before injury struck.

I also felt there was a spell last year (or maybe the year before) when most of our best performances had him involved (can just remember commenting, can't be arsed researching when) and also someone posted stats showing just how effective he was in the games played.

More importantly, when I'm not drunk (like last night) I like to keep an eye on Naby and I honestly believe he is a great player. We'll not get to see the rampaging Naby that we hoped we signed, but we don't need him in this system and if he can stay fit (he won't), he's a more than able replacement for Gini IMO.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-21, 01:49 PM   #2772
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

At Leipzig he looked like the African Redondo with his loping runs and eye for a through ball.
Old 15-08-21, 01:51 PM   #2773
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
It's pretty stupid (and terribly boring) anyway to be talking about player x or player y after 1 game, especially the first game of the season.

Also, not too sure people understand the role of our midfielders in our team.
might as well shut the forum down now then

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-21, 02:02 PM   #2774
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
might as well shut the forum down now then

Not what Iím saying but some people canít help but reopen these threads with non constructive comments.

I would far more understand them if it was after 3 or 4 games and none of these players had shown any hint of improvement or bringing something else to the plate.
Old 15-08-21, 04:53 PM   #2775
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Rated at a 6.5 he could've been our worst performer, yet he's dominating the conversation. Did anyone else score lower than 6.5?
Maybe oxlade.

Overall a poor performance from the midfield starters.
The midfield subs (fab and elliot) both probably had a better game (and in much less pitch time) than naby.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-21, 05:06 PM   #2776
Fredo

I would have gone for Elliot ahead of Ox for more control of the midfield personally.
Old 15-08-21, 06:35 PM   #2777
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:

Old 04-09-21, 09:22 PM   #2778
rudedog
Pig hater

Nice assist from Baby Keith
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 10:21 PM   #2779
RedReet

Naby

We'd have hammered Chelsea if he started.
Old 04-09-21, 11:30 PM   #2780
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Naby

How's the sangria in Nerja?

I'm in your Naby camp though. I am convinced this is his season, if he gets a proper run of games
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 06:59 AM   #2781
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Naby

Considering how often hes done that since we got him, I'd be more inclined to call the pass a fluke. I hope he proves me wrong and finally becomes an assist master.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 08:52 AM   #2782
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
How's the sangria in Nerja?

I'm in your Naby camp though. I am convinced this is his season, if he gets a proper run of games

One thing I will say, he looked more comfortable playing Gini's role on the left than Hendo did, so next time he's dropped, I hope it's for Thiago. Only one game of course and we won't play Chelsea every week, but as a converted winger, Hendo definitely looks more comfortable on the right, which is understandable.
Old 05-09-21, 11:01 AM   #2783
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
Considering how often hes done that since we got him, I'd be more inclined to call the pass a fluke. I hope he proves me wrong and finally becomes an assist master.
Old 05-09-21, 11:23 PM   #2784
Irishnev
Paisley

Naby’s first injury free run and he gets caught up in a coup……

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 01:06 AM   #2785
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishnev View Post
nabyís first injury free run and he gets caught up in a coupÖÖ

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1434510912061333507
ffs!
Old 06-09-21, 12:25 PM   #2786
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Nabyís first injury free run and he gets caught up in a coupÖÖ

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1434510912061333507
Can we send origi and karius to help out.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 12:32 PM   #2787
spud_gun
Paisley

That pass tipped the military over the edge
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 01:21 PM   #2788
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Can we send origi and karius to help out.
Saving Naby's Privates?
Old 06-09-21, 01:22 PM   #2789
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Saving Naby's Privates?
Wot?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 02:43 PM   #2790
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Wot?
We'll play along and pretend you haven't seen the "film" I'm referencing.
Old 06-09-21, 04:56 PM   #2791
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
We'll play along and pretend you haven't seen the "film" I'm referencing.
Shaving Ryan's Privates?
Old 06-09-21, 10:24 PM   #2792
BigChief
Paisley

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum...c=336392.10800

Oh look what RAWK have come up with 5 hours later? Tsk.

My version is funnier.
Old 07-09-21, 04:48 PM   #2793
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

A real Cornelian dilemma
Old Today, 05:02 PM   #2794
Assassin
Kloppite

Naby Lad
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:12 PM   #2795
danperkins

Some hit I actually forgot he was playing until that strike, his face when he scored was hilarious
Old Today, 05:32 PM   #2796
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Some hit I actually forgot he was playing until that strike, his face when he scored was hilarious
Yeah it was a WTF moment
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:02 PM   #2797
RedReet

I'm not Naby's biggest fan and have been trying to think of a way to sum up my thoughts for that goal. Best I can do is...

:r ock:
Old Today, 07:17 PM   #2798
fidget
Shankly

Memeworthy celebration

Last edited by fidget; Today at 07:22 PM.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:40 PM   #2799
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Great goal. That’s Naby and Hendo making it look easy over the last few days.

Old Today, 09:19 PM   #2800
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
it's brilliant pmsl

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC