It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 13-09-21, 11:35 AM   #601
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Medvedev was incredible last night - very peak Novak I thought. Incredible seeing Djokovic crying in his seat and continuing to cry while receiving serve.
Old 13-09-21, 12:24 PM   #602
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Medvedev was incredible last night - very peak Novak I thought. Incredible seeing Djokovic crying in his seat and continuing to cry while receiving serve.
I enjoyed that (unless it was an actual breakdown). I can't stand the bloke. No sporting integrity.
Old 14-09-21, 10:48 AM   #603
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboCairns View Post
I just came here to say fuck you Djokovic.

He rips into Simone Biles, a world class athlete who's routines could actually kill her if done incorrectly, for 'quitting' for mental health reasons, then goes on to cry himself a new arse because 'pressure'.

Fuck off, you're as boring as Pete Sampras.

Yep karma is a bitch for that asshat.

Though have to say I spouted plenty of bile about Piers Morgan after Emma Raducanu's amazing win. He was out with lots of congratulations in that way he does that tries to latch himself onto the coat tails of someone else's big moment, with his he always knew she had it in her, when only months ago he was slagging her off for being mentally weak and unpatriotic for quitting over breathing issues.

CNN got ridiculed in my kitchen as well this morning with their constant "Canadian Born Emma Raducanu" spiel. While it is technically correct to say she is Canadian born, they seem to totally leave out the English/British part now and focus on Canadian/North American. Like Morgan they are twats trying to latch onto a winner.
Old 17-09-21, 10:53 AM   #604
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I see Murray got dicked by some utter no-hoper in the 2nd round of some fucking Challenger event. Jesus.
Old 17-09-21, 11:09 AM   #605
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I didn't realise he was playing.

His form is a bit.... up and down....
Old 17-09-21, 02:47 PM   #606
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I didn't realise he was playing.

His form is a bit.... up and down....
By the sounds of it neither did Murray.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 10:01 PM   #607
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Andy Murray, straight talking as usual

Quote:
Andy Murray says he would "always be on the end of the phone" to help Emma Raducanu - but only if she asks for it.

The 18-year-old won the US Open title on only her second Grand Slam appearance, catapulting her to 23rd in the world and global fame.

Former world number one and three-time major champion Murray previously said her achievements were "very special".

But he will not "wade in" with advice and opinion, because he did not like it when he was on the receiving end.

"I never really liked it when all of the ex-British tennis players were always wading in after every win and loss about what you should be doing, what you shouldn't be doing, and a lot of them also giving advice when you haven't asked for it as well," he said.

"I found it incredibly irritating - and still do today. I don't want to be that person.

"What Emma has achieved is incredible and I hope she goes on to do more amazing things in the sport, and if she ever wants to talk, or her family, obviously I would always be there on the end of the phone.

"But I don't want to be that guy after every loss or win just wading in and giving my opinion on what she should or shouldn't be doing differently, because it's not helpful."

Raducanu's victory in New York marked the end of Britain's 44-year wait for a female Grand Slam singles title, since Virginia Wade's Wimbledon win in 1977.

Murray's own US Open triumph in 2012 ended a 76-year run without a British winner of a men's major singles title following Fred Perry's Wimbledon and US triumphs in 1936.

But the Scot insists the country cannot afford such lengthy waits again.

"For a country that hosts the biggest tennis tournament in the world, and is certainly not lacking in money, that's not really good enough," he said.

"Now should be an opportunity to try to make sure that it's not another huge wait again. They need to try to take the opportunity."
Old 21-09-21, 08:09 AM   #608
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Love it, and he's absolutely right
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 08:29 AM   #609
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Possible dig at Henman there
Old 21-09-21, 10:06 AM   #610
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Ironically he is most likely the ideal resource for Raducanu, he is literally the only other person in the UK who will understand the challenges she faces.
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #611
Angryred
Dalglish

She will end up being a flash in a pan as the hype machine soon starts to ratch up...hope she has people to help her stay grounded

est1892 > General > General Sports