It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 22-08-21, 04:09 PM   #41
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Cork get a point

3-17 to 1-11
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 22-08-21, 04:11 PM   #42
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Limerick score again

3-18 to 1-11

And there goes the half time whistle.

Time for a tea and some biccies.
Old 22-08-21, 04:12 PM   #43
Irishnev
Paisley

Arguably the best half of hurling ever in an All Ireland final - trying to explain to my son how good they are. The closest I could come to was NZ at rugby - a mix of skill, physicality and determination
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-21, 04:18 PM   #44
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Arguably the best half of hurling ever in an All Ireland final - trying to explain to my son how good they are. The closest I could come to was NZ at rugby - a mix of skill, physicality and determination

This Limerick team is crazy good.

As I said earlier, they have zero weaknesses and think I have never seen a team with such a mix of physicality and skill, and no small measure of mental strength.

Your All Black comparison is a great one.

Like you I have never seen a half of hurling with this level of prowess. Easily the best half of hurling of all time I think when you look at how Limerick have played and how good a team they are making look very ordinary in Cork.

Cork are in trouble I feel. They need this Limerick team to take the foot off the gas in a big way to keep the score respectable let alone to have a chance to win the game.

If Limerick come out in the second half and catch fire like this again, we could be looking at them winning the final by 20 clear points.
Old 22-08-21, 04:24 PM   #45
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Feel like grabbing a hurley, tying my flag to my back again like a cape and attacking Buttevent
Old 22-08-21, 04:30 PM   #46
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Second half starting and Limerick get their first score of the second half within 30 seconds

3-19 to 1-11

and within another 30 seconds Limerick have scored again

3-20 to 1-11

a massive 15 points ahead now
Old 22-08-21, 04:32 PM   #47
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Cork score and Limerick score

3-21 to 1-12

Cork playing for pride at this stage and almost an entire half to go yet
Old 22-08-21, 04:32 PM   #48
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

And there goes the doorbell on the front door. Sounds like pizza time
Old 22-08-21, 04:47 PM   #49
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
This Limerick team is crazy good.

As I said earlier, they have zero weaknesses and think I have never seen a team with such a mix of physicality and skill, and no small measure of mental strength.

Your All Black comparison is a great one.

Like you I have never seen a half of hurling with this level of prowess. Easily the best half of hurling of all time I think when you look at how Limerick have played and how good a team they are making look very ordinary in Cork.

Cork are in trouble I feel. They need this Limerick team to take the foot off the gas in a big way to keep the score respectable let alone to have a chance to win the game.

If Limerick come out in the second half and catch fire like this again, we could be looking at them winning the final by 20 clear points.
Id say they are the best side in my lifetime - even with Cork, Tipp, Kilkenny etc. They are the perfect age and more titles in front of them.

My dad was saying you could take the best 15 players from around the country and theyd still not be as good as them
Old 22-08-21, 11:06 PM   #50
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Id say they are the best side in my lifetime - even with Cork, Tipp, Kilkenny etc. They are the perfect age and more titles in front of them.

My dad was saying you could take the best 15 players from around the country and theyd still not be as good as them

The all star awards should be easy this year. The Limerick starting 15 and that's it.

Was a stunning display. Have never seen a team as good as Cork, a team in many other years that would be good enough to win an All Ireland, get outplayed, manhandled, outfought, and out thought
as comprehensively as that.

Looking at the average age of this Limerick team, you would not be surpised to see them win the title next year and the year after that as well.

This Limerick team is scarily good in every single department and seem to be getting hungrier to win and more determmed to win after each title win. Just amazing how they have won three out of the last four titles and then each season start as if they are chasing a title for the first time. There is not even a whiff of complacency off of them after four excellent years in a row.

Thought for a long time that the dominant Kilkenny team was going to be the best team I was going to see in my lifetime, but this Limerick team is better imo.
Old 23-08-21, 12:56 PM   #51
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
The all star awards should be easy this year. The Limerick starting 15 and that's it.

Was a stunning display. Have never seen a team as good as Cork, a team in many other years that would be good enough to win an All Ireland, get outplayed, manhandled, outfought, and out thought
as comprehensively as that.

Looking at the average age of this Limerick team, you would not be surpised to see them win the title next year and the year after that as well.

This Limerick team is scarily good in every single department and seem to be getting hungrier to win and more determmed to win after each title win. Just amazing how they have won three out of the last four titles and then each season start as if they are chasing a title for the first time. There is not even a whiff of complacency off of them after four excellent years in a row.

Thought for a long time that the dominant Kilkenny team was going to be the best team I was going to see in my lifetime, but this Limerick team is better imo.

Only just saw that there was a thread for this.

Some display from Limerick. My brother is married to a Limerick woman who has now bombarded the family whatsapp with all sorts of non-funny memes. She's like a Man City fan.........they were grand all these years when they were shite but now feckin unbearable??

All-black comparison is spot on. Cody may as well walk away now to be honest because Limerick could be doing a Bayern Munich on it and win another 5 in the row to go on top of the 3 in the last 4 years.

Jaco.....where are you from........Like ? Just saw the reference to Buttevant when scanning through the thread.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-21, 10:52 PM   #52
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Only just saw that there was a thread for this.

Some display from Limerick. My brother is married to a Limerick woman who has now bombarded the family whatsapp with all sorts of non-funny memes. She's like a Man City fan.........they were grand all these years when they were shite but now feckin unbearable??

All-black comparison is spot on. Cody may as well walk away now to be honest because Limerick could be doing a Bayern Munich on it and win another 5 in the row to go on top of the 3 in the last 4 years.

Jaco.....where are you from........Like ? Just saw the reference to Buttevant when scanning through the thread.
Limerick born, lived in a pile of places though. Limerick, a few parts of Cork, Clare, Liverpool, Stuttgart and currently just on the Cork side of the Limerick/Cork border. Some shorter stays in places like Galway, Dublin and Belfast.

Buttevant I mentioned as I like the village (pass through it a bit and have gotten cars serviced in the Opel dealer there) and also like the idea of declaring war on it just for the craic. The nearby Donkey Sanctuary is very cool too as are the herd of red deer in Doneraile.
Old 26-08-21, 01:00 PM   #53
paulg
Dalglish

Loving this thread. I've barely understood a word, as I know nothing about hurling.

In my defence, I'm English. An Essex boy, living in Kent, with a Cork surname. About as big a plastic Irishman as ever there was.

I've been working with a company based in Dublin of late and they love hurling.
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-21, 01:29 PM   #54
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
Loving this thread. I've barely understood a word, as I know nothing about hurling.

In my defence, I'm English. An Essex boy, living in Kent, with a Cork surname. About as big a plastic Irishman as ever there was.

I've been working with a company based in Dublin of late and they love hurling.

Dublin + Hurling???? Does.....Not.....Compute

Also don't worry about being an Essex lad when it comes to understanding Hurling, probably puts you on par with the average Dub.

Don't worry Dublin lads will say the same thing as Dublin is generally a Gaelic Football county and not a hurling one.

But Odin knows I do wish Dublin had a hurling team that was good enough to meet Limerick in a semi or in a final as I would take more pleasure in them being thrashed than poor Cork.
Old 31-08-21, 07:25 AM   #55
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Limerick born, lived in a pile of places though. Limerick, a few parts of Cork, Clare, Liverpool, Stuttgart and currently just on the Cork side of the Limerick/Cork border. Some shorter stays in places like Galway, Dublin and Belfast.

Buttevant I mentioned as I like the village (pass through it a bit and have gotten cars serviced in the Opel dealer there) and also like the idea of declaring war on it just for the craic. The nearby Donkey Sanctuary is very cool too as are the herd of red deer in Doneraile.
My brother lives in freemount..... Which is in the middle of nowhere but close enough to charleville
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 09:03 AM   #56
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:

Also don't worry about being an Essex lad when it comes to understanding Hurling, probably puts you on par with the average Dub.

Don't worry Dublin lads will say the same thing as Dublin is generally a Gaelic Football county and not a hurling one.

But Odin knows I do wish Dublin had a hurling team that was good enough to meet Limerick in a semi or in a final as I would take more pleasure in them being thrashed than poor Cork.
Old 31-08-21, 12:43 PM   #57
paulg
Dalglish

Quote:

paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 10:46 PM   #58
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
My brother lives in freemount..... Which is in the middle of nowhere but close enough to charleville
I was actually pretty close to there earlier on this morning as I was in Buttevant and in Liscarroll. Was in Charleville too actually, well I drove along the main street .

est1892 > General > General Sports