It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-21, 12:56 PM   #561
Tribute
Shankly
 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,144
...are we still talking about the Chelsea game?
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 01:24 PM   #562
Rafa Justice
Benitez
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I think that there are some legitimate concerns about the lack of transfer activity over the last couple of years, I'm sure that we would all like to have seen a couple of extra players come in and some others moved on. In an ideal world I would like to have seen us bring in another midfielder and forward, people are being critical of FSG but they have been up front about their plans for the club (i.e. It being self sufficient), the pandemic has cost the club something of the order of ~£150m if we believe reports, that's probably 3 or 4 players, it's frustrating to see the oil backed clubs splashing the cash, but we have to make the most of what we have, we have the right manager in charge for that.

In terms of an aging squad yes there are some players who are 30 or older, but they still have a few years in them yet. I don't have a problem with that as long as there is some sort of succession plan for Henderson in particular, we have a few youngsters such as Jones and Elliott I assume we will be looking at those players to grow into first team roles and when we have a good idea of whether they are capable of that we can bring in what we need to complement them (alongside Fab). The issue for me is if we don't make those decisions soon enough, but I think we are a couple of years from this being a massive long term problem, I still have question marks over we have enough options in midfield in the short term, given certain players injury records. I think we could just about be fine, but a group of injuries at the same time could pose us a problem.

My concerns about the forwards are more about the likes of Mane recovering his form, than them ageing they still have a good few years in them. Mane's form has dropped over the last 12 months or so, perhaps Covid perhaps something else. With Firmino seemingly out for a while there is no real other option, and if he doesn't recover his form that significantly reduces our goal threat. If he recovers his form we'll be grand.
Are you sure mate? Apparently we're all good because 3 of the biggest stars of this generation/all time are older than our front three

Amazing
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 01:41 PM   #563
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion
 
RedReet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
Are you sure mate? Apparently we're all good because 3 of the biggest stars of this generation/all time are older than our front three

Amazing
F*ck me, we are also talking about one of the greatest teams of our generation, not some pub team who hit the beer after every match.

Facts/evidence= load of shit, "strawman argument"
Crystal ball predictions = winning argument

RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 01:42 PM   #564
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
F*ck me, we are also talking about one of the greatest teams of our generation, not some pub team who hit the beer after every match.

Facts/evidence= load of shit, "strawman argument"
Crystal ball predictions = winning argument

You have to further clarify, only negative Crystal ball predictions are allowed to to be used as a winning hand in any debate.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 02:06 PM   #565
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion
 
RedReet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
You have to further clarify, only negative Crystal ball predictions are allowed to to be used as a winning hand in any debate.
Well I deleted the original phrase I used and went for the more diplomatic approach.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 02:08 PM   #566
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Well I deleted the original phrase I used and went for the more diplomatic approach.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 09:16 PM   #567
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,354
Chelsea have been fined £25k for failing to ensure their players behave in an appropriate manner following the James sending off.

£25k that'll teach them Seriously what's the point in this?
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 11:45 PM   #568
rudedog
Pig hater
 
rudedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Chelsea have been fined £25k for failing to ensure their players behave in an appropriate manner following the James sending off.

£25k that'll teach them Seriously what's the point in this?

It will help pay the bar tab at the FA Christmas party.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 12:01 AM   #569
Fivex
The Wisp
 
Fivex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 21,337
Thatís like 5 bottles of wine. Nowhere near a party.
__________________
Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.