It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 31-08-21, 12:56 PM   #561
Tribute
Shankly

...are we still talking about the Chelsea game?
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 01:24 PM   #562
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I think that there are some legitimate concerns about the lack of transfer activity over the last couple of years, I'm sure that we would all like to have seen a couple of extra players come in and some others moved on. In an ideal world I would like to have seen us bring in another midfielder and forward, people are being critical of FSG but they have been up front about their plans for the club (i.e. It being self sufficient), the pandemic has cost the club something of the order of ~£150m if we believe reports, that's probably 3 or 4 players, it's frustrating to see the oil backed clubs splashing the cash, but we have to make the most of what we have, we have the right manager in charge for that.

In terms of an aging squad yes there are some players who are 30 or older, but they still have a few years in them yet. I don't have a problem with that as long as there is some sort of succession plan for Henderson in particular, we have a few youngsters such as Jones and Elliott I assume we will be looking at those players to grow into first team roles and when we have a good idea of whether they are capable of that we can bring in what we need to complement them (alongside Fab). The issue for me is if we don't make those decisions soon enough, but I think we are a couple of years from this being a massive long term problem, I still have question marks over we have enough options in midfield in the short term, given certain players injury records. I think we could just about be fine, but a group of injuries at the same time could pose us a problem.

My concerns about the forwards are more about the likes of Mane recovering his form, than them ageing they still have a good few years in them. Mane's form has dropped over the last 12 months or so, perhaps Covid perhaps something else. With Firmino seemingly out for a while there is no real other option, and if he doesn't recover his form that significantly reduces our goal threat. If he recovers his form we'll be grand.
Are you sure mate? Apparently we're all good because 3 of the biggest stars of this generation/all time are older than our front three

Amazing
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 01:41 PM   #563
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
Are you sure mate? Apparently we're all good because 3 of the biggest stars of this generation/all time are older than our front three

Amazing
F*ck me, we are also talking about one of the greatest teams of our generation, not some pub team who hit the beer after every match.

Facts/evidence= load of shit, "strawman argument"
Crystal ball predictions = winning argument

RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 01:42 PM   #564
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
F*ck me, we are also talking about one of the greatest teams of our generation, not some pub team who hit the beer after every match.

Facts/evidence= load of shit, "strawman argument"
Crystal ball predictions = winning argument

You have to further clarify, only negative Crystal ball predictions are allowed to to be used as a winning hand in any debate.
Old 31-08-21, 02:06 PM   #565
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
You have to further clarify, only negative Crystal ball predictions are allowed to to be used as a winning hand in any debate.
Well I deleted the original phrase I used and went for the more diplomatic approach.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 02:08 PM   #566
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Well I deleted the original phrase I used and went for the more diplomatic approach.
Old 08-09-21, 09:16 PM   #567
Exiled_red
Paisley

Chelsea have been fined £25k for failing to ensure their players behave in an appropriate manner following the James sending off.

£25k that'll teach them Seriously what's the point in this?
Old 08-09-21, 11:45 PM   #568
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Chelsea have been fined £25k for failing to ensure their players behave in an appropriate manner following the James sending off.

£25k that'll teach them Seriously what's the point in this?

It will help pay the bar tab at the FA Christmas party.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 12:01 AM   #569
Fivex
The Wisp

Thatís like 5 bottles of wine. Nowhere near a party.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC