It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 31-08-21, 10:42 PM   #1
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791
Glass full thread.




Cuz half glasses are for lightweights.



This thread is for lovely tasty liquids filling glasses.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 31-08-21, 11:08 PM   #2
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22,848
A bit of an extreme statement about a 1-1 draw against a team with 10 men for half the game
__________________
removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 11:14 PM   #3
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
A bit of an extreme statement about a 1-1 draw against a team with 10 men for half the game

What has that got to do with wanting an ice cold drink?
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 11:20 PM   #4
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 25,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post

This thread is for lovely tasty liquids filling glasses.
I had a pint of Orchard Thieves the other day. It was a lovely drink after a nice walk and it was in a lovely glass. Sadly I don't have a photo of it so will just have to share the information
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 11:43 PM   #5
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
I had a pint of Orchard Thieves the other day. It was a lovely drink after a nice walk and it was in a lovely glass. Sadly I don't have a photo of it so will just have to share the information

Oh I do like a pint of Orchard Thieves myself as long as it is the original one and not one of the berry flavoured ones. Good choice for a warm day, sir Do have an Orchard Thieves glass that somehow came with me when I left a pub a few years ago. It must have accidently fallen into my coat pocket......

Did try two new ciders (new to me that is) recently. Tried Thirsty Farmer cider ( Their Premium cider) as well as some Hobsons (Originals and the medium dry). All hit the spot on a sunny day.


Oh yeah just so it stays in the footy forum....yeah 1-1 man, yeah 1-1 was the score, that was great/terrible. Show how shite/good we are against a good team.


Have a nice bottle of Three Wrens Gin here too. Not sure if I am going to try a pint glass of that though
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 12:00 AM   #6
Myo
Benitez
 
Myo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 606
Favourite whiskey lads?
Myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 01:14 AM   #7
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels
 
HamboCairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myo View Post
Favourite whiskey lads?
Not one from Scotland.

But if you mean whisky, then how about Ardbeg Corryvreckan?
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.

Last edited by HamboCairns; 01-09-21 at 01:17 AM.
HamboCairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:43 AM   #8
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post



Cuz half glasses are for lightweights.



This thread is for lovely tasty liquids filling glasses.
Full glasses are for lightweights too

Empty glasses are where the heavyweights hang
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:47 AM   #9
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Full glasses are for lightweights too

Empty glasses are where the heavyweights hang

Nah empty glasses belong to those whose drinks I took.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:51 AM   #10
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Nah empty glasses belong to those whose drinks I took.
I once fixed a "trawler" by pissing into a glass. One of the funniest sights of my life seeing him chugging down and back up again
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:59 AM   #11
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myo View Post
Favourite whiskey lads?

Ahh this chat sure beats fighting over the Chelsea game :P



Redbreast 15 year old

Redbreast 12 year old single malt

Midleton Very Rare

Green Spot

Hyde Single Grain 8 year old

Hyde Single Grain 1916 edition.


Might notice a common theme running through a lot of those as well. But have switched to a lot of the Cork distilled whiskeys over the past decade or so as Cork and county Cork really is a hotbed for some amazing whiskeys. Not to say there are not some great whiskeys made elsewhere in Ireland but Cork just has had an explosion of really top notch whiskey coming out of it not that it was ever low in numbers in terms of great labels to begin with.

Actually any Liverpool based lads, or those heading in that direction this year, should check out Puffin Rooms there. Wonderful range of whiskey and whisky there form all over the world, a huge cigar range for those that like that, and some truly brillinat jazz acts that play there on a regular basis.

Oh what about that transfer window lads? Something else right?
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 01-09-21 at 10:01 AM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:01 AM   #12
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Ahh this chat sure beats fighting over the Chelsea game :P



Redbreast 15 year old

Redbreast 12 year old single malt

Midleton Very Rare

Green Spot

Hyde Single Grain 8 year old

Hyde Single Grain 1916 edition.


Might notice a common theme running through a lot of those as well. But have switched to a lot of the Cork distilled whiskeys over the past decade or so as Cork and county Cork really is a hotbed for some amazing whiskeys. Not to say there are not some great whiskeys made elsewhere in Ireland but Cork just has had an explosion of really top notch whiskey coming out of it not that it was ever low in numbers in terms of great labels to begin with.

Oh what about that transfer window lads? Something else right?
Thanks for this list.....I will see if I can pick any of these up in Scandinavia

Oh, and looking forward to nothingness in the next transfer window
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 11:46 AM   #13
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 9,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myo View Post
Favourite whiskey lads?
Jaco covered a few of my faves. RB 15 and GS

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...h-no-5-whisky/

And if you like a bit of peat:

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...irish-whiskey/

They did a wonderful CS 210 bottle release of this, but that's long gone.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 02:12 PM   #14
Fan65
Fagan
 
Fan65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myo View Post
Favourite whiskey lads?
A wonderful Whisky from a specialist Whisky Cask investment company that are now producing their own fabulous brand Mythical Beasts

Fan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 02:14 PM   #15
Fan65
Fagan
 
Fan65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan65 View Post
A wonderful Whisky from a specialist Whisky Cask investment company that are now producing their own fabulous brand Mythical Beasts

HTML Code:
 https://www.spiritfilled.co.uk/pages/single-cask-whisky
Fan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:08 PM   #16
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan
 
Big-Red-Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,455
I was given a bottle of Listoke Owl whisky recently. Very nice indeed. They have been known more for small batch craft gin up until now.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:57 PM   #17
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
I was given a bottle of Listoke Owl whisky recently. Very nice indeed. They have been known more for small batch craft gin up until now.

YNWA

Wise Owl whiskey has been getting some really good reviews. Not tried it yet, but heard it is very very smooth and has an extremely pleasant after taste.

Possibly the sort of whiskey that you might imbibe more of than others due to how smooth it is?
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 11:01 PM   #18
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,340
TTT perspective

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 11:07 PM   #19
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan
 
Big-Red-Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Wise Owl whiskey has been getting some really good reviews. Not tried it yet, but heard it is very very smooth and has an extremely pleasant after taste.



Possibly the sort of whiskey that you might imbibe more of than others due to how smooth it is?
It's very smooth. Unusually pale but flavoursome. Completely different to other Irish whiskeys.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 04:23 AM   #20
Myo
Benitez
 
Myo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 606
awesome, need to up my game, some names here to try out in the future (hence the reason why i asked because i am assuming most of you northern hemisphere blokes would be experts in this field being all close to the highlands and wear kilts/hairy chests and are all macho ala braveheart and the like (unless of course you are truly english) ), thanks all...

My favorites so far (bearing in mind i am still a newbie in the world of whiskeys) are:

Glenfiddich 12 years
and
Nikka whiskey (surprisingly strong stuff)

I actually never really got into it until i went to the Nikka brewery in Hokkaido Japan (last year feb) and the science behind it, very fascinating though you gotta have a lot of patience for it, apparently started by a Japanese man that learnt it all in the highlands of Scotland at the turn of the century (last century), married a scotswoman, came back and started it all...even today, they still brew it the traditional way (apparently the only one left in the world that still brews it this way - not even in scotland anymore)

pics from there:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...sL?usp=sharing

Last edited by Myo; 02-09-21 at 04:36 AM.
Myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 02-09-21, 05:19 AM   #21
cannotmakeit
Fagan
 
cannotmakeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myo View Post
awesome, need to up my game, some names here to try out in the future (hence the reason why i asked because i am assuming most of you northern hemisphere blokes would be experts in this field being all close to the highlands and wear kilts/hairy chests and are all macho ala braveheart and the like (unless of course you are truly english) ), thanks all...

My favorites so far (bearing in mind i am still a newbie in the world of whiskeys) are:

Glenfiddich 12 years
and
Nikka whiskey (surprisingly strong stuff)

I actually never really got into it until i went to the Nikka brewery in Hokkaido Japan (last year feb) and the science behind it, very fascinating though you gotta have a lot of patience for it, apparently started by a Japanese man that learnt it all in the highlands of Scotland at the turn of the century (last century), married a scotswoman, came back and started it all...even today, they still brew it the traditional way (apparently the only one left in the world that still brews it this way - not even in scotland anymore)

pics from there:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...sL?usp=sharing
been on that tour, enjoyed it so much and good tastings. Brought some distillery editions which i haven't opened yet. Did you try their apple brandy? It was their best seller and kept them afloat whilst whiskey was still catching on in Japan. Got me into Japanese whiskey after this, favs are now Nikka from the barrel which is still affordable and Hibiki 17 which sadly is no longer easy to find nor affordable.
cannotmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 06:59 AM   #22
Myo
Benitez
 
Myo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannotmakeit View Post
been on that tour, enjoyed it so much and good tastings. Brought some distillery editions which i haven't opened yet. Did you try their apple brandy? It was their best seller and kept them afloat whilst whiskey was still catching on in Japan. Got me into Japanese whiskey after this, favs are now Nikka from the barrel which is still affordable and Hibiki 17 which sadly is no longer easy to find nor affordable.

Yeah i did! it was awesome! I bought a couple of their bottles, man i finished them quick when i got back home and yes i got into whiskey after that trip, really appreciated their flavour (especially drinking it straight henceforth, NEVER mix em or not even on the rocks, well perhaps only in summer)...
Myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 10:14 AM   #23
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myo View Post
awesome, need to up my game, some names here to try out in the future (hence the reason why i asked because i am assuming most of you northern hemisphere blokes would be experts in this field being all close to the highlands and wear kilts/hairy chests and are all macho ala braveheart and the like (unless of course you are truly english) ), thanks all...

My favorites so far (bearing in mind i am still a newbie in the world of whiskeys) are:

Glenfiddich 12 years
and
Nikka whiskey (surprisingly strong stuff)

I actually never really got into it until i went to the Nikka brewery in Hokkaido Japan (last year feb) and the science behind it, very fascinating though you gotta have a lot of patience for it, apparently started by a Japanese man that learnt it all in the highlands of Scotland at the turn of the century (last century), married a scotswoman, came back and started it all...even today, they still brew it the traditional way (apparently the only one left in the world that still brews it this way - not even in scotland anymore)

pics from there:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...sL?usp=sharing

Ahem! Whiskey is generally the Irish one and Whisky is the Scottish. Let's not be mixing those up unless you want to start a war.


Technically I do own two kilts and have a decent bit of chest hair. And as for Braveheart, watch the film and you will see that it took an Irish man to save the Scottish character (also says a lot that Mel Gibson has more Irish in his background than Scottish so it took a man with some Irish blood to be Scottish enough to play a Scottish hero. Have that, Buzzo )


Good to see a mention of Japanese Whisky though. Some of it is really lovely and Nikka make some divine whiskies. The place in Liverpool I mentioned earlier in the thread, Puffin Rooms, stock a nice range of Japanese whiskies (along with bottles from all over the world)


Some squad we have though if we everyone stays fit. May well go on to conquer the bloody world.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 11:00 AM   #24
Angryred
Dalglish
 
Angryred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,226
Is there a way to flag these threads for going off topic?...
__________________
Nope, don't need anger management, you just need to stop pissing me off!
Angryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 12:21 PM   #25
Myo
Benitez
 
Myo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 606
hahahah thanks Jaco - much appreciated for the enlightenment!
Myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 02:46 PM   #26
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboCairns View Post
Not one from Scotland.

But if you mean whisky, then how about Ardbeg Corryvreckan?
Smartarse
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 03:57 PM   #27
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,791




Because you can never have enough John Barnes in a thread.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 04-09-21 at 04:02 PM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:08 PM   #28
BG1973
Fagan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,699
What a set piece!
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.