It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 12-09-21, 07:05 PM   #281
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
Jurgen is one stupid question away from blowing his top in the post match interview.

Not seen it - what did he say?
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 07:09 PM   #282
Venton
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
The first question was about Elliott and he was asked about what he was saying to the referee. He said that it wasn't about anything important, then he went quiet for a bit, was about to say something and then thought better of it and said something like now is not the time to be talking about these things and it moved on.

I'm not a mind-reader but I reckon it was going to be something like "I told you all before about these sub-human scum buckets in this god-forsaken latrine they call a stadium and look what happens, they only go and break a young players ankle with their awful bremner-channelling clog-hopping cuntish approach to football. Boom."

The interviewer moved swiftly on.
Old 12-09-21, 07:29 PM   #283
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Feel free to share this with the mutants who seem to think that red card is open to debate. It isn't.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...and-misconduct

Quote:
SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
serious foul play
biting or spitting at someone
violent conduct
using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)
receiving a second caution in the same match
entering the video operation room (VOR)
A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.
Quote:
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 07:40 PM   #284
Venton
Paisley

My thoughts on today.

• Good general attacking play but still need to many attacks to score.
  • We gave Leeds some chances today at the back and they wouldn't have had to be much better to have taken advantage of one of them. Lucky they are shit but it makes me nervous that we struggle to hit the back of the net and give chances at the back, especially to shit teams.
  • Mane. What to do? He's brilliant at tracking back and pressing, works like a dog all match, absolutely brilliant. In attack if he has to think about it even a little bit he goes to pieces. We need to get him back to what he was like before. A faith healer? Micro-dosing? Don't know.
  • Thiago was great today. Looking forward to seeing him really come out of himself this year.
  • Poor old Elliot. Whatever he was on in the back of the ambulance I could do with a bit of. I don't think he meant it but he lunged from the back and side and there's always a chance it's going to go horribly wrong if you do. Proper red. Leaves us with a bit of a pickle up front now. Gordon? Maybe.
  • I properly hate Leeds. Horrible, they're a curse on football.
  • Cracking result, we need to be on it all the time. Going to be a tight one this year.
Old 12-09-21, 07:40 PM   #285
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Old 12-09-21, 07:51 PM   #286
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

He walks up to the point of saying ‘exactly’ what he thinks. Considers it, and the likely reaction/repercussions then walks away. Very controlled.
Old 12-09-21, 07:54 PM   #287
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
He walks up to the point of saying ‘exactly’ what he thinks. Considers it, and the likely reaction/repercussions then walks away. Very controlled.
Kinda wish he had called it out. And particularly those cunts in commentary.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 07:59 PM   #288
npinn001
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
My thoughts on today.

• Good general attacking play but still need to many attacks to score.
  • We gave Leeds some chances today at the back and they wouldn't have had to be much better to have taken advantage of one of them. Lucky they are shit but it makes me nervous that we struggle to hit the back of the net and give chances at the back, especially to shit teams.
  • Mane. What to do? He's brilliant at tracking back and pressing, works like a dog all match, absolutely brilliant. In attack if he has to think about it even a little bit he goes to pieces. We need to get him back to what he was like before. A faith healer? Micro-dosing? Don't know.
  • Thiago was great today. Looking forward to seeing him really come out of himself this year.
  • Poor old Elliot. Whatever he was on in the back of the ambulance I could do with a bit of. I don't think he meant it but he lunged from the back and side and there's always a chance it's going to go horribly wrong if you do. Proper red. Leaves us with a bit of a pickle up front now. Gordon? Maybe.
  • I properly hate Leeds. Horrible, they're a curse on football.
  • Cracking result, we need to be on it all the time. Going to be a tight one this year.
Yep. Reminded me why I enjoyed seeing Leeds in league one. And why I hope they go back there soon. Everyone raving about them last year, it was a low tempo / no atmosphere season. This year they look out of their depth.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 11:57 PM   #289
baitman
Daddy day care

We need to get Grobbelaar to piss on Manes shin pads or something.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 03:33 AM   #290
Harv
Randy Marsh

Mane needs a lobotomy. He should've had at least a hat trick in that game, and he still would've been wasteful he had that many chances!!

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 04:35 AM   #291
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Mane needs a lobotomy. He should've had at least a hat trick in that game, and he still would've been wasteful he had that many chances!!
Maybe but some of the chances were snatched, the one from close range was bending behind him and so he hit it over.
Old 13-09-21, 06:13 AM   #292
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboCairns View Post
Maybe but some of the chances were snatched, the one from close range was bending behind him and so he hit it over.
A good finisher would've scored that one 9/10 times. It was a sitter. They were only snatched at because he has zero composure in front of goal and an awful first touch.

The little smirk he gives after he misses yet another glorious chance is also really starting to annoy me too.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Old 13-09-21, 06:27 AM   #293
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
A good finisher would've scored that one 9/10 times. It was a sitter. They were only snatched at because he has zero composure in front of goal and an awful first touch.

The little smirk he gives after he misses yet another glorious chance is also really starting to annoy me too.
Wrong, he overran the ball as it curled towards him at the last minute.
Old 13-09-21, 07:56 AM   #294
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Jota’s pass was too strong and just behind him, so can’t really fault Sadio for that. On the other hand, he did have a great touch for his goal. Al in all, Sadio had a great game yesterday, would have been better if he had a couple more goals but we won easily in the end. Would have been great if the goalkeeper made a couple howlers to gift him the goals.
Old 13-09-21, 08:44 AM   #295
Harv
Randy Marsh

Jota's pass was slightly behind him, it wasn't too strong though, it Manes poor technique that's to blame.

Great game? Do your eyes work? He was bloody horrendous. Ignoring all the missed goals, of which at least 4 were sitters. He underhit passes to Mo a number of times when Mo would've been through on goal and his touch was horrible, having to take several touches to get the ball under control killing attacks dead. His movement was good though, I'll give him that. He was always in a good position for the ball, unfortunately his feet don't work when he gets the ball though.

Old 13-09-21, 09:07 AM   #296
Corndog
Fagan

Good performance, big blow with Elliots injury as I think he brought something a bit different to the midfield with his pace and flexibility to rotate with Salah and Trent in that right hand sided triangle.

Mane is having one of those patches where it looks like he is trying too hard, all he can do is try to play through it.

Would be good to sign more competition for his spot though.

Sometimes I wonder if swapping him and Salah more often in a game would unnerve the opposition and help both of them a bit.

A lot of teams obviously set up to focus on those two and as they are inverted wide forwards, it feels a little too predictable at times with both always seeking to cut in and shoot.

Suits the team to have been wrongly written off as title winners this year, still need to be more clinical but as Klopp said, better to grow into the league and there is no doubt improvement to be expected as the rounds roll by.

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 09:10 AM   #297
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Jota's pass was slightly behind him, it wasn't too strong though, it Manes poor technique that's to blame.

Great game? Do your eyes work? He was bloody horrendous. Ignoring all the missed goals, of which at least 4 were sitters. He underhit passes to Mo a number of times when Mo would've been through on goal and his touch was horrible, having to take several touches to get the ball under control killing attacks dead. His movement was good though, I'll give him that. He was always in a good position for the ball, unfortunately his feet don't work when he gets the ball though.

Come on, he was great. The finishing could be better but he did manage to score and he was one of our best player.

As someone else said, maybe he is just overthinking in situations and maybe even lacking a bit of confidence, plus the frustration doesn’t help. Already on two goals this season, same as Jota, so please.
Old 13-09-21, 09:12 AM   #298
npinn001
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Come on, he was great. The finishing could be better but he did manage to score and he was one of our best player.

As someone else said, maybe he is just overthinking in situations and maybe even lacking a bit of confidence, plus the frustration doesn’t help. Already on two goals this season, same as Jota, so please.
Yeah agree. You could see he was in a head space where even he thought he wasnt going to score. The look of relief when he finally did tells me he will be back this year for sure. You need to first get in the position to score, and he is doing that so I think him scoring will be a weight off.
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 09:28 AM   #299
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Our out of form forward line have scored 8 goals in 4 games, shared pretty evenly between them. For all the criticism, Mane has scored as many as Mo from open play. I'm not worried about him at all.

That match yesterday was a great performance. It was the sort of performance our preseason form hinted at, so maintain close to that level and we'll be in a great position when City arrive in October.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 12:47 PM   #300
Exiled_red
Paisley

Yes Mane could/should have had about 4 yesterday, but his finishing aside his performance was good, he was involved in stuff making runs with the ball, given for a while he has been falling over the ball yesterday felt like a sizable improvement. I was happy with his performance
Old 13-09-21, 12:51 PM   #301
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Not sure what's going on with Mane. His touch has become really poor, woeful at times. He's also lost some of his razor sharpness and speed, strange really. He's still a class player but he needs to work on some aspects of his game again to get back to where he used to be.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 12:55 PM   #302
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Yes Mane could/should have had about 4 yesterday, but his finishing aside his performance was good, he was involved in stuff making runs with the ball, given for a while he has been falling over the ball yesterday felt like a sizable improvement. I was happy with his performance
I wasn't too worried about his finishing as that will come. And it did eventually come yesterday. Thankfully he trusts his own runs now and seems to have picked up a yard of pace again. Like Trent he's getting back to normal post covid.

I liked the way he turned and brushed Kalvin off in the first half. Philips almost looked embarrassed. Maybe his scoring will break free against Milan.
Old 13-09-21, 02:03 PM   #303
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Article on Fab and Thiago.
Old 13-09-21, 02:50 PM   #304
Mr Pink
Benitez

When watching the game I was really frustrated with Mane, but it would defo be a lot worse if he wasn’t getting the chances.. thought he played pretty well, the finishing just needs to come..

It must be a mental thing, I reckon once he gets his head in gear, the floodgates will open. Was a big relief that he did score in the end- not that we needed that goal in the game, but it might do wonders for his confidence. Hopefully he won’t dwell too much on the missed chances, as he might have done had he not scored.

Interesting that the 2 goals he did score this season were a first time shot, and a one touch and then shoot… when he doesn’t have time to think and plays on instinct, he seems to be able to score, but when he has plenty of time, he seems to be overthinking it.. and yes, I’m aware that the open goal yesterday completely contradicts this, haha
Old 13-09-21, 03:08 PM   #305
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Lot of similarities between him and Werner.

Both working hard in most games, both either getting into great goal scoring chances a lot or making goal scoring chances for themselves, and both missing chances that on the surface appear like the sort players of their talent would snaffle up.

Another similarity is the head does not seem to fully drop in either player regardless of missed chances as both continue to work their way into more and ore goal scoring positions after each miss.
Old 13-09-21, 03:26 PM   #306
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Although Mane does actually score from time to time.

Werner seems to be aiming for a particular seat in the stands.
Old 13-09-21, 03:34 PM   #307
Rigadon
Shankly

Brilliant performance and result. Clean sheet is always a bonus. Thought everyone played well. Understand the frustration with Mane but I thought he was excellent.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC