It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 09-08-20, 11:17 PM   #441
dom9
Ant Pisser

I fucking hate golf with a passion.
Old 09-08-20, 11:21 PM   #442
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I've cleared up all the colours for 27 a couple of times. Some buzz that.

Problem is for us at our standard that by the time you get to the colours the colours aren't on their spots and are absolutely all over the place. The twice I cleared up the colours were against much better players than me, so the colours were either on their spots or not far off. Otherwise it's normally carnage with balls all over the fuckin place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I reckon I've put away maybe four or 5 balls absolute max and that needs one or 2 are literally hanging over the pockets.

I always get carried away after potting 2, then try and absolutely melt the next one in at 10 X warp speed, or try and put ridiculous spin on it. So mainly, yeah, I am fucking terrible at snooker.

Whats mad to consider is that 18.5m watched Dennis Taylor beat Steve (yawn) Davis in 1985. 18.5 MILLION people watching the snooker
Yes, exactly. It was exactly that kind of carnage that made snooker on a full sized table like a never ending game of monopoly.

We were all too shit to get a decent break and a frame would last an insufferable eternity. Particularly once we were inebriated.

Hence the pool balls. On a full sized snooker table, that was a happy medium for all of us.
Old 09-08-20, 11:28 PM   #443
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Yes, exactly. It was exactly that kind of carnage that made snooker on a full sized table like a never ending game of monopoly.

We were all too shit to get a decent break and a frame would last an insufferable eternity. Particularly once we were inebriated.

Hence the pool balls. On a full sized snooker table, that was a happy medium for all of us.
all the snooker balls just end up in un-pottable positions on the cushions after the 100th miss. And it just goes on and on (and on) to what ever time you've got the room for.

It's a proper waste of time. Same as darts. 1 double 1 finish required every time.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 11:29 PM   #444
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I watched a bit of Ronnie v Ding earlier and they rattled through 5 frames in under an hour.

I remember frames sometimes taking us a full hour back in the day
Shaggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 11:36 PM   #445
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
all the snooker balls just end up in un-pottable positions on the cushions after the 100th miss. And it just goes on and on (and on) to what ever time you've got the room for.

It's a proper waste of time. Same as darts. 1 double 1 finish required every time.
Yep. Fuck darts too. Shit, shit, shit game.
Old 09-08-20, 11:38 PM   #446
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Bar Billiards though

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 11:45 PM   #447
dom9
Ant Pisser

Now you're talking. I've only seen a handful of those tables in my life. But what a fantastic game. Love it.
Old 10-08-20, 09:41 AM   #448
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

My highest break was 47. Bottled it on a colour for the half century

Think apart from that its probably in the high 20s/low 30s. Was a bit of a one off sadly
Pablo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 10:20 AM   #449
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Anyone remember this?

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-20, 06:42 PM   #450
Tee
El Pistolero

Well, that was a pretty remarkable frame
Old 14-08-20, 09:23 PM   #451
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

I just LOVE Ronnie. He's such a moody genius, and he just doesn't give a fuck Must be frustrating for all the others always giving it all, especially knobhead Selby, and when Ronnie fancies it, he just goes into the Ronnie gear none of them have.
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-20, 10:05 PM   #452
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Ronnie’s interview
Old 14-08-20, 10:20 PM   #453
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

What did he say??? I switched off at the end, because I couldn't bear some shit German commentator "translating" and Jimmy White in the studio... i.e. 1 Minute spoken= 1 sentence translated. Pathetic!
Old 14-08-20, 10:43 PM   #454
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_lfc View Post
I just LOVE Ronnie. He's such a moody genius, and he just doesn't give a fuck Must be frustrating for all the others always giving it all, especially knobhead Selby, and when Ronnie fancies it, he just goes into the Ronnie gear none of them have.
Best there's ever been. That final red
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-20, 10:46 PM   #455
Fredo

World Snooker

Quote:
What did he say??? I switched off at the end, because I couldn't bear some shit German commentator "translating" and Jimmy White in the studio... i.e. 1 Minute spoken= 1 sentence translated. Pathetic!

Old 14-08-20, 10:54 PM   #456
Fredo

Better quality here.

Old 14-08-20, 11:03 PM   #457
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
I really dislike him. A genius but an arrogant self-absorbed twat. I know he's had his problems but he's often treated others on the circuit with contempt and disdain.

Probably not a popular opinion on here
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-20, 11:12 PM   #458
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Thanks Fredo
Old 14-08-20, 11:23 PM   #459
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
I really dislike him. A genius but an arrogant self-absorbed twat. I know he's had his problems but he's often treated others on the circuit with contempt and disdain.

Probably not a popular opinion on here
Genius often treats the normies with contempt. You’re right there. Has to do with theirs seeing the world differently, although we all look at the same world. I KNOW it has to do with being mirrored by your own soul, which is often why the contempt for all humanity comes through. I can relate heavily to that, and so could sooooo many throughout history (for instance my favourite German author Hermann Hesse: He was, and is, my only reference for the most beautiful creator of the German language. He was centuries ahead of anyone in the game. He was also completely lost in those times, heavily misunderstood, suicidal. He also talked a lot about how “the pioneers would always walk alone, on the brink”.

I guess it’s the price to pay.

And when you hear Ronnie speak, just right there in that interview (thanks again fredo), you can see that he is beyond the whole character of Ronnie O’Sullivan, he isn’t interested as much in the result (if at all), as he is in the process - the aesthetic of perfection (cue action). Which is EXACTLY how children see and interact with the world...

Man, I wish I could talk more about everything... I’m so lost on this planet

Last edited by sean_lfc; 14-08-20 at 11:25 PM.
Old 15-08-20, 12:44 AM   #460
labourRed
Shankly

That interview is just a riff on the Hustler

Fast Eddie: Cause, ya see, twice, Sarah... once at Ames with Minnesota Fats and then again at Arthur's, in that cheap, crummy pool room, now why'd I do it, Sarah? Why'd I do it? I coulda beat that guy, coulda beat 'im cold, he never woulda known. But I just hadda show 'im. Just hadda show those creeps and those punks what the game is like when it's great, when it's REALLY great. You know, like anything can be great, anything can be great. I don't care, BRICKLAYING can be great, if a guy knows. If he knows what he's doing and why and if he can make it come off. When I'm goin', I mean, when I'm REALLY goin' I feel like a... like a jockey must feel. He's sittin' on his horse, he's got all that speed and that power underneath him... he's comin' into the stretch, the pressure's on 'im, and he KNOWS... just feels... when to let it go and how much. Cause he's got everything workin' for 'im: timing, touch. It's a great feeling, boy, it's a real great feeling when you're right and you KNOW you're right. It's like all of a sudden I got oil in my arm. The pool cue's part of me. You know, it's uh - pool cue, it's got nerves in it. It's a piece of wood, it's got nerves in it. Feel the roll of those balls, you don't have to look, you just KNOW. You make shots that nobody's ever made before. I can play that game the way... NOBODY'S ever played it before.

Sarah Packard: You're not a loser, Eddie, you're a winner. Some men never get to feel that way about anything.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-20, 07:26 PM   #461
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Ronnie’s interview
Remember when he started doing interviews in an Australian accent

Shaggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-20, 08:11 PM   #462
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain