It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 21-07-22, 07:54 PM   #1121
Cerbie
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
No that's right, I had previously said there might be multiple frames where the foot and ball are in contact and at 50 frames per second you could have an error of a couple of frames which would be 40ms but this is much worse than I thought
Thanks. I wasn’t sure because offsides of a couple of mm have been given and the calculation was an order of magnitude different.

This study proves the camera frame rate, human error and camera positioning from ground to ground, when compounded, make it little better than the VAR Ref eyeballing it! Will be interesting if they improve the tech along the lines of Hawkeye or not. Maybe they will tweak the protocol to make it in favour of the attacking player? I live in hope!
Old 23-07-22, 05:10 PM   #1122
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
OK. The defender played the ball before any contact was made with the attacker. It wasn't dangerous play.
1. The defender clipped the players foot before he got to the ball.
2. The defender didn’t get enough of the ball to deviate it far enough away from the attacker.
3. This happened back in March, you can tell it’s preseason when we are discussing VAR decisions made in a foreign league from 4 months ago
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football