It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 04-05-22, 01:15 AM   #281
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterbloke View Post
Controversial but I think Jota will leave in the next two years.
A word in his ear from Jurgen to remind him who he was playing for when we rescued him & turned him into a decent player. Stay & be a winner in a fantastic squad or be big time Charlie in a lesser side? Your call Diogo
Old 04-05-22, 01:47 AM   #282
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Nah, we need a little poacher. He just needs to be played in the right games and used as an impact sub in others. I think him and Mane are risky to start together in games like last night. They give the ball away a lot and go to ground way too easily. Just helps the opp get the ball back when they're pressing hard.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 09:36 AM   #283
Subby
George Soros

Game changer last night. Amazing

Subby

www.subbytech.com - Use your "est" discount code to get 15% off everything in the store too

MetalliGear Neo Qube : Ryzen 5900x : Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite : 32GB Vengence 3600Mhz : Sabrent Gen 4 NVME SSD : RX580 : MasterLiquid 360 : 850w G2 : CableMod custom cables : Win 10
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 10:10 AM   #284
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Controversial ? not really
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-22, 11:03 AM   #285
rodo
Shankly

sell

Old 31-05-22, 05:27 PM   #286
rudedog
Pig hater

That looks shit, like he’s tried drawing himself a beard with a biro
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-22, 07:01 PM   #287
baitman
Daddy day care

Ffs Bro

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-22, 03:06 PM   #288
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal

Love this

Old 26-07-22, 03:13 PM   #289
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Thats great.
Old 26-07-22, 04:14 PM   #290
Mr Pink
Fagan

Yaaa it’s class alright- I’d say apart from money, the only reason a player would choose another club ahead of us, would be if they didn’t think they would get enough minutes with us.
Old 26-07-22, 06:04 PM   #291
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Yaaa it’s class alright- I’d say apart from money, the only reason a player would choose another club ahead of us, would be if they didn’t think they would get enough minutes with us.
Don't some people just want to play in the same team as Harry Maguire?
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-22, 09:16 PM   #292
Charly
Shankly

Bizo, Krusty, Pennywise and Ronald McDonald
Old 27-07-22, 11:26 AM   #293
Angryred
Dalglish

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
Bizo, Krusty, Pennywise and Ronald McDonald
& add Boris Johnston to that list!
Old 15-08-22, 10:17 PM   #294
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What a brilliant goal.

Old 15-08-22, 10:18 PM   #295
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 15-08-22, 10:19 PM   #296
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Great goal and played well after that when he was further up. Beforehand he was very poor. I do wonder if his creativity is being a bit stifled by our system and the defensive work involved?
Old 15-08-22, 10:24 PM   #297
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Great goal and played well after that when he was further up. Beforehand he was very poor. I do wonder if his creativity is being a bit stifled by our system and the defensive work involved?
His finishing is a bit erratic, but some have got to fly in if you try often enough. And that’s good, having a pop is precisely what we need players to do when we’re playing aimless crosses to space with no success in sight.
Old 15-08-22, 10:28 PM   #298
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
His finishing is a bit erratic, but some have got to fly in if you try often enough. And that’s good, having a pop is precisely what we need players to do when we’re playing aimless crosses to space with no success in sight.
absolutely
Old 16-08-22, 08:30 AM   #299
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He can look a world beater and then frustrate in a matter of minutes

He takes too many touches and holds onto the ball too long at times. That can slow our play down when we really need to move the ball on quicker.

That said it is clear beating a man is what makes him special, hence the wonder-goal. I think it is just about picking the right time. He needs fine tuning and then he is going to be at Mane-levels IMO. I think the tricky point is both him and Nunez need to adapt at the same time.

Also his workrate and desire to win is unbelievable.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-22, 08:56 AM   #300
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
I think he suffers from being compared to Mane (whether we realise it or not). Mane was definitely in the wide forward mould whereas I think his instinct is to be a bit more left midfielder. He also likes to be involved in the game and come deep, which is great if we have someone to run into the space but err....we don't seem to at the moment.

I do think our left side suffers a bit lately - Trent Hendo/Elliott and Salah have a great little triangle thing going on - since Gini left our left side looks a little blunt for whatever reason - if we had the equivalent of Virg playing right centre back I think it would open up the pitch more with a long diagonal going the other way - but yeah.. Brain fart over
Old 16-08-22, 09:41 AM   #301
frank the tank
Paisley

Missed mane last night.

Diaz was shite until the sending off last night but then seemed to come alive. His work rate is great as well
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-22, 11:17 AM   #302
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
I think he suffers from being compared to Mane (whether we realise it or not). Mane was definitely in the wide forward mould whereas I think his instinct is to be a bit more left midfielder. He also likes to be involved in the game and come deep, which is great if we have someone to run into the space but err....we don't seem to at the moment.

I do think our left side suffers a bit lately - Trent Hendo/Elliott and Salah have a great little triangle thing going on - since Gini left our left side looks a little blunt for whatever reason - if we had the equivalent of Virg playing right centre back I think it would open up the pitch more with a long diagonal going the other way - but yeah.. Brain fart over

Two very different players. Diaz was terrible until that moment of magic but I do think he is playing a bit too deep and that is taking away from his attacking threat. We knows by his stats that he can be a huge attacking threat. Whether that is him dropping too deep or what is asked of him in the system .... i'm not so sure. He is an incredibly talent guy, works so hard but does need a bit of fine tuning. A presence in the midfield might stop him from having to come back all the time but our midfield is poxy without Thiago.

Last night was cross, cross, cross, cross .. absolutely infuriating watching these aimless balls out into a crowded box over and over and over again. The one time one of our lads actually takes on a player and tries something different, we score. We used to start all guns blazing, teams would be terrified of us, now we slow things down, side to side and it does let certain teams get into that shape because they all know what is coming from the fullbacks. Alot of the times because of individual quality we score but I do think we are very predictable.
Old 16-08-22, 12:18 PM   #303
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:

Last night was cross, cross, cross, cross .. absolutely infuriating watching these aimless balls out into a crowded box over and over and over again. The one time one of our lads actually takes on a player and tries something different, we score. We used to start all guns blazing, teams would be terrified of us, now we slow things down, side to side and it does let certain teams get into that shape because they all know what is coming from the fullbacks. Alot of the times because of individual quality we score but I do think we are very predictable.
We are far too wasteful in the final 3rd, agree that it's too easy for the defence to soak up our crosses.
Our crossing game only works when we hit teams on the break and they are not already 20 men behind the ball. Our runners have space and then the ball arrives...
Against packed defences we need dribbles to commit defenders and create space for others.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC