It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 30-07-22, 12:24 PM   #1401
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
I get it, Dan.

He is, in your own words in the other thread, just a turd that will not flush.

Yet you praise Laporte as a great player. The same Laporte who over the past five seasons has played in slightly more league games than Chamberlain.

Man City player who misses loads of games through injury = great player

Liverpool player who misses loads of games through injury = turd

You do know we can call Chamberlain injury prone and say we should have moved him on earlier without resorting to calling him, a player still with the team we all say we support, a turd.

Chamberlain is a player we took a punt on when we got him. That punt has not paid off on the pitch. It is not his fault and it is not the club's fault. It is just awful luck with injuries.

Yes we should have tried to move him on earlier imo, maybe we did but got no takers at the price we wanted, but when it comes to calling a player a turd I will stick to calling opposition players words like that unless it is one of our own players who disgraced himself and the club in the manner that guys like Diouf did.

Sorry for having a bit of a pop at you Dan, but I think it is out of order calling him a shit that will not flush the day after a bad injury is announced.
Not only does that makes no sense, it is also wrong. Laporte is a quality footballer, so important to City. Also, I never said he wasn't injury prone. Ox is a crock, bang average & we wouldn't miss him if he was gone. Seen as you mentioned it, Laporte has played more than double than amount of mins Ox has played in the 5 seasons he has been in the prem league vs Ox. 9131 mins vs 4232 mins in the prem.

It was a jokey comment clearly ffs Jaco. I'll just call him shite next time so as not to offend to overly sensitive

Last edited by danperkins; 30-07-22 at 12:31 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 12:34 PM   #1402
Peter_Griffin
Houllier

Quote:
I get it, Dan.

He is, in your own words in the other thread, just a turd that will not flush.

Yet you praise Laporte as a great player. The same Laporte who over the past five seasons has played in slightly more league games than Chamberlain.

Man City player who misses loads of games through injury = great player

Liverpool player who misses loads of games through injury = turd

You do know we can call Chamberlain injury prone and say we should have moved him on earlier without resorting to calling him, a player still with the team we all say we support, a turd.

Chamberlain is a player we took a punt on when we got him. That punt has not paid off on the pitch. It is not his fault and it is not the club's fault. It is just awful luck with injuries.

Yes we should have tried to move him on earlier imo, maybe we did but got no takers at the price we wanted, but when it comes to calling a player a turd I will stick to calling opposition players words like that unless it is one of our own players who disgraced himself and the club in the manner that guys like Diouf did.

Sorry for having a bit of a pop at you Dan, but I think it is out of order calling him a shit that will not flush the day after a bad injury is announced.

Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 12:35 PM   #1403
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Not only does that makes no sense, it is also wrong. Laporte is a quality footballer, so important to City. Also, I never said he wasn't injury prone. Ox is a crock, bang average & we wouldn't miss him if he was gone. Seen as you mentioned it, Laporte has played more than double than amount of mins Ox has played in the 5 seasons he has been in the prem league vs Ox. 9131 mins vs 4232 mins in the prem.

It was a jokey comment clearly ffs. I'll just call him shite next time so as not to offend to overly sensitive

Dan if you want to call players, in the team you support, unflushable turds simply because they get injued, then that's up to you.

But if you call Liverpool players unflushable turds on a Liverpool fan forum you are probably going to get folk disagreeing with you on some level as I did this time.

Nothing to do with being overly sensitive, just a case of some people, this time it being me myself and I, seeing things differently to you.

We do not disagree on thinking Chamberlain should have been sold prior to this injury, we do not disagree on him being injury prone, the only two things I disagree with you on is calling a Liverpool player, one who has been a model pro for us, an unflushable turd and also seemingly in the fact I have some empathy for what I see as a mentally tough situation for the guy.

As I said in one of my replies, I am not trying to knock you at all, it is the turd comment I am knocking as I think it is a comment the player in question does not deserve from any Liverpool supporter.
Old 30-07-22, 12:41 PM   #1404
danperkins

Quote:
Dan if you want to call players, in the team you support, unflushable turds simply because they get injued, then that's up to you.

But if you call Liverpool players unflushable turds on a Liverpool fan forum you are probably going to get folk disagreeing with you on some level as I did this time.

Nothing to do with being overly sensitive, just a case of some people, this time it being me myself and I, seeing things differently to you.

We do not disagree on thinking Chamberlain should have been sold prior to this injury, we do not disagree on him being injury prone, the only two things I disagree with you on is calling a Liverpool player, one who has been a model pro for us, an unflushable turd and also seemingly in the fact I have some empathy for what I see as a mentally tough situation for the guy.

As I said in one of my replies, I am not trying to knock you at all, it is the turd comment I am knocking as I think it is a comment the player in question does not deserve from any Liverpool supporter.
Seeing things differently is absolutely fine, I am grand with that & all for each to their own. It's the weird random Laporte comparison that imo was not only odd, it was also incorrect

Last edited by danperkins; 30-07-22 at 12:47 PM.
Old 30-07-22, 01:05 PM   #1405
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Seeing things differently is absolutely fine, I am grand with that & all for each to their own. It's the weird random Laporte comparison that imo was not only odd, it was also incorrect

Laporte is a crucial player for them who has missed a ton of time through injuries and you think he is a great player.

Chamberlain is a squad player for us who missed a ton of time through injuries and you call him a turd that will not flush.

If Chamberlain was a crucial first teamer then his minutes would be higher as when fit he tends to be a sub.

Either way both were unavailable for a similar number of actual games over a five year period yet one is a turd for it and the other is not.

Just found it odd that our own player, a squad player no less, is called a turd that will not flush for missing a lot of games through injury yet their guy is not called anything negative despite being injured about as much as Chamberlain.

Surely it should then be a case of saying one is a great player and one is a decent player, but both should be moved on if not reliable enough in the long term?

Regardless we are not going to agree on the one thing that prompted me to post and that is you thinking Chamberlain is a turd that will not flush and me disagreeing with him being called that simply because he gets injured a lot.
Old 30-07-22, 02:47 PM   #1406
danperkins

Quote:
Laporte is a crucial player for them who has missed a ton of time through injuries and you think he is a great player.

Chamberlain is a squad player for us who missed a ton of time through injuries and you call him a turd that will not flush.

If Chamberlain was a crucial first teamer then his minutes would be higher as when fit he tends to be a sub.

Either way both were unavailable for a similar number of actual games over a five year period yet one is a turd for it and the other is not.

Just found it odd that our own player, a squad player no less, is called a turd that will not flush for missing a lot of games through injury yet their guy is not called anything negative despite being injured about as much as Chamberlain.

Surely it should then be a case of saying one is a great player and one is a decent player, but both should be moved on if not reliable enough in the long term?

Regardless we are not going to agree on the one thing that prompted me to post and that is you thinking Chamberlain is a turd that will not flush and me disagreeing with him being called that simply because he gets injured a lot.
This is so utterly bizarre

Yes but he isn't a crucial first teamer is he? He's not even a crucial sub either. I wasn't talking about Laporte in this thread until you mentioned him. I called Ox a turd because I do not rate him & I have said previously. Being injury prone is just another annoyance & another reason for us to get rid.

The difference in quality between Laporte & Ox is not even a conversation & neither is the difference in mins, as Laporte has played double the amount of mins in league.

Also you should mention the word turd a few more times

Last edited by danperkins; 30-07-22 at 02:49 PM.
Old 30-07-22, 02:57 PM   #1407
badpiggy
Special Kind of Scum

Dan - just back down ffs. It's a bullshit comment that realistically you should just admit to regret making and stop trying to defend it. He's scored some good goals for us, has been unlucky with injuries and tries hard when he plays. The whole unflushable turd thing just seems more and more ridiculous the more you attempt to explain and defend it.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 03:00 PM   #1408
danperkins

I don't regret making it
Old 30-07-22, 03:02 PM   #1409
badpiggy
Special Kind of Scum

Fair enough
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 03:07 PM   #1410
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Out for 2-3 months according to Jimbo Pearce. Likely to be back in October.
Back as in able to crawl to the bench ready for the next injury
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 03:15 PM   #1411
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Back as in able to crawl to the bench ready for the next injury

Hopefully back and able to be cover for that period just after the WC when our players that went away need a little break. If he can do that and be injury free/available for a few weeks around then, we will be happy enough.

He is one of those players that I never include when thinking about starting and back up XIs, so any minutes he can give as cover for lesser games is a bonus.

Think his contract expires next summer anyway so if he gives us some minutes this season great, if not then hope he has planned well for his next club and then his time as an ex player.

He is well enough spoken for a footballer so could well have a career as a pundit or something like that.
Old 30-07-22, 11:04 PM   #1412
SB
Paisley

Jaco you took the bait Dan was Ď obviously Ď joking.
Old 31-07-22, 01:03 AM   #1413
brightred
Befuddled

Quote:
I don't feel for him at all, just want him gone. He offers absolutely nothing but draining our wages & having incredible dance moves.
Cold
Old 31-07-22, 01:08 AM   #1414
brightred
Befuddled

Ah Norbs, are you siding with dan??
Old 31-07-22, 01:17 AM   #1415
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah, for me supporting this team I can’t ever turn on a player in this way at all. Particularly in a golden era. We all support in different ways, but I’m not about calling one of our players an unflushable shite.

He’s a good guy, he was performing for us and has put in a few big performances, though due to injury none recently, he scored and has the capability of scoring big goals for us.

I still remember his pain of that game v Roma. In his prime. He went down with a snapped cruciate and tried to get up and play on. He’s a good lad, who has been through a horrific run of injuries but who despite that always comes across as an incredibly positive lad. He will be more fondly associated with Liverpool than most of us could dream of. I think he deserves some respect.
Old 31-07-22, 01:43 AM   #1416
brightred
Befuddled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Yeah, for me supporting this team I canít ever turn on a player in this way at all. Particularly in a golden era. We all support in different ways, but Iím not about calling one of our players an unflushable shite.

Heís a good guy, he was performing for us and has put in a few big performances, though due to injury none recently, he scored and has the capability of scoring big goals for us.

I still remember his pain of that game v Roma. In his prime. He went down with a snapped cruciate and tried to get up and play on. Heís a good lad, who has been through a horrific run of injuries but who despite that always comes across as an incredibly positive lad. He will be more fondly associated with Liverpool than most of us could dream of. I think he deserves some respect.
Old 31-07-22, 02:22 AM   #1417
banditos
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Yeah, for me supporting this team I canít ever turn on a player in this way at all. Particularly in a golden era. We all support in different ways, but Iím not about calling one of our players an unflushable shite.

Heís a good guy, he was performing for us and has put in a few big performances, though due to injury none recently, he scored and has the capability of scoring big goals for us.

I still remember his pain of that game v Roma. In his prime. He went down with a snapped cruciate and tried to get up and play on. Heís a good lad, who has been through a horrific run of injuries but who despite that always comes across as an incredibly positive lad. He will be more fondly associated with Liverpool than most of us could dream of. I think he deserves some respect.
100%. Don't understand the haters tbh. Suggests a pretty toxic mentality. He's had a shocking time with injuries which have decimated his career right at the point where he was looking like a really top player. Feel sorry for the dude.
banditos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 05:28 AM   #1418
Harv
Randy Marsh

I think at this point you just have to let him walk (if he can )

He offers us absolutely nothing and clogs up a list spot for younger players to get game time.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 06:33 AM   #1419
baitman
Daddy day care

Having him around is good practice for the physio team

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 06:51 AM   #1420
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

If heís underperforming and getting paid for it, so what? Money doesnít come out of your own pockets. Itís not affecting the team as he is a well liked member of the group.
Old 31-07-22, 08:00 AM   #1421
SB
Paisley

Quote:

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
If heís underperforming and getting paid for it, so what? Money doesnít come out of your own pockets. Itís not affecting the team as he is a well liked member of the group.
Yeah itís not like heís bringing the Club into a bad light or anything, like Diouf for example.
Old 31-07-22, 11:42 AM   #1422
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 02:52 PM   #1423
Cormack74
Shankly

Either people have forgotten or I'm imagining something that never happened, but at the point he got his 2018 injury so far as I can recall, he was absolutely on fire; hard work, pace, stamina and some brilliant goals.

I remember wondering who we'd leave out to accommodate him if everyone was fit and we made the final.

For a very brief period, he added another dimension and I'm not sure we've had anyone doing anything similar since TBH.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 03:02 PM   #1424
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Either people have forgotten or I'm imagining something that never happened, but at the point he got his 2018 injury so far as I can recall, he was absolutely on fire; hard work, pace, stamina and some brilliant goals.

I remember wondering who we'd leave out to accommodate him if everyone was fit and we made the final.

For a very brief period, he added another dimension and I'm not sure we've had anyone doing anything similar since TBH.

His performance against City at Anfield in the CL was especially good. They couldnít live within him. Itís a real shame the injury meant he wasnít able to go on and produce more performances like that.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 07:48 PM   #1425
Corndog
Dalglish

Quote:

I think he suited what JŁrgen wanted from one of his midfield 3 back when he signed but after he came back from injury, struggled, got Injured again, such a long period of time had passed that the teams style evolved without him.

I don’t think it would matter even if he got back to playing as well as he did against Roma because Klopp had long since decided he doesn’t want a CM who constantly goes at the opposition, takes a lot of risks and loses the ball because of this quite a bit relative to his other CM peers

Over time, klopps Liverpool went front a team built around a deadly quick counter attack to one that comfortably dominates 98% of the teams they play with a majority of possession and superior field position. Ox was a loser in this.

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Corndog; 31-07-22 at 07:51 PM.
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 08:52 PM   #1426
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I think he suited what JŁrgen wanted from one of his midfield 3 back when he signed but after he came back from injury, struggled, got Injured again, such a long period of time had passed that the teams style evolved without him.

I donít think it would matter even if he got back to playing as well as he did against Roma because Klopp had long since decided he doesnít want a CM who constantly goes at the opposition.

Maybe, but presumably we're never going to know.

We'd only have known if A. O-C had stayed fit.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 08:55 PM   #1427
BootRoom
Dalglish

Quote:
Hopefully back and able to be cover for that period just after the WC when our players that went away need a little break. If he can do that and be injury free/available for a few weeks around then, we will be happy enough.

He is one of those players that I never include when thinking about starting and back up XIs, so any minutes he can give as cover for lesser games is a bonus.

Think his contract expires next summer anyway so if he gives us some minutes this season great, if not then hope he has planned well for his next club and then his time as an ex player.

He is well enough spoken for a footballer so could well have a career as a pundit or something like that.
Not a required attribute for football pundit.
BootRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-22, 10:09 PM   #1428
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootRoom View Post
Not a required attribute for football pundit.

True enough
Old 01-08-22, 09:08 AM   #1429
RichC
Meh

Quote:

Injuries have really blighted him which is a real shame and it's hard to imagine he'll ever get back to that level again, his body just doesn't seem capable of dealing with the demands of top flight football anymore.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 09:29 AM   #1430
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post

Injuries have really blighted him which is a real shame and it's hard to imagine he'll ever get back to that level again, his body just doesn't seem capable of dealing with the demands of top flight football anymore.
The unfortunate truth.
Old 01-08-22, 10:27 AM   #1431
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

He’s too limited a player. He’s had some good games and hit a few good shots from the edge of the box but it’s his inability to play well in wide positions that’s really killed his chance with us, as much as his injuries. As a central attacking midfielder, he’s so so, a poor man’s Coutinho, as an attacking wide player he’s crap.

He had a bad injury record at Arsenal, where he also wasn’t a world beater, so we should have expected to get what we got, what he’s always been, an almost top player who misses lots of games and doesn’t score many goals. Signing him for £35m with a year left on his contract must be one of the worst transfer decisions of the Klopp era.
Old 01-08-22, 12:00 PM   #1432
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Heís too limited a player. Heís had some good games and hit a few good shots from the edge of the box but itís his inability to play well in wide positions thatís really killed his chance with us, as much as his injuries. As a central attacking midfielder, heís so so, a poor manís Coutinho, as an attacking wide player heís crap.

He had a bad injury record at Arsenal, where he also wasnít a world beater, so we should have expected to get what we got, what heís always been, an almost top player who misses lots of games and doesnít score many goals. Signing him for £35m with a year left on his contract must be one of the worst transfer decisions of the Klopp era.
Old 01-08-22, 08:48 PM   #1433
brightred
Befuddled

He's a good dancer though.

Strictly???
Old 03-08-22, 10:43 AM   #1434
Angryred
Dalglish

Ah well, after all that's done & said, at least he has Perry to go home to!
Old 03-08-22, 10:59 AM   #1435
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
Ah well, after all that's done & said, at least he has Perry to go home to!
Small consolation for coming home from work & coming on here & bagging out our players for being shite & being injured though
Old 03-08-22, 11:26 AM   #1436
frank the tank
Paisley

His first season he was brilliant.

I was lucky enough to be at the home game v manchester City in the champions league when he played brilliant and scored a super goal. He was fuckin flying. At the time, as good as Coutinho had been for us, i was thinking that Oxlade was a better fit into the direct and explosive style that Jurgen wanted us to play. He really was the dogs bollocks and if he had form and fitness, then he would be a nailed on starter in our best 11.

Such a pity he was broken by injuries and i do wonder if he is just not physically able to play for Liverpool (the way we train is the same way we play etc) so might havr been better fit at another club. Sturridge was the same under Jurgen as well.

Still hope that he gets a few outings this season and it would be great if he had one or two big moments for lfc...... In the same way Origi, Minamino did before leaving. Like Lallanas equaliser at old Trafford was another example.......

So to summarise, hard luck Ox.......it was a cunt hair away from being beautiful.

Obviously if any offer came in then we should sell the cunt
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 11:31 AM   #1437
Deano
Shankly

Just watched the league winning run, he was on the scoresheet a few times that year....
Old 03-08-22, 11:36 AM   #1438
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

He scored a few in the CL that year also, one sublime outside of foot top bins.

Agree with Franks summary, he was in incredible form prior to that injury. Scoring Gerrard-esque goals and really driving from midfield in a way we hadn't seen since Stevie.

The training regime at Liverpool is demanding, it has to be, and it would seem that Ox's body is no longer capable of handling this. I hope he contributes this season, the 5 subs situ can really work for him.

And then I reckon he can easily get a move to a team where the demands are more manageable for his body.
Old 03-08-22, 11:44 AM   #1439
RichC
Meh

He was a good player for us prior to the bad injury he suffered and he's not really been the same since; a real shame for him and us.

There's the usual hyperbole on here about he's crap etc.. but he just can't seem to cope with the physical demands of how we look to play.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 08:18 AM   #1440
Sus
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Small consolation for coming home from work & coming on here & bagging out our players for being shite & being injured though
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC