It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 02-08-22, 11:04 AM   #5281
red g
Paisley

I remember being gutted we didn't get Pepe, £70m

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 11:07 AM   #5282
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
I remember being gutted we didn't get Pepe, £70m

I think that, like Werner when Chelsea got him, there was a good player waiting
to be coached into a very good one in Pepe .

Think both players missed out a lot with the moves they made and through not getting the other move both were linked to at the time.
Old 02-08-22, 11:44 AM   #5283
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
I think that, like Werner when Chelsea got him, there was a good player waiting
to be coached into a very good one in Pepe .

Think both players missed out a lot with the moves they made and through not getting the other move both were linked to at the time.
We mostly only see what the player does on the pitch, sometimes only the YouTube highlights the can hide a thousand sins.
I'm sure our guys will dig up their back garden and check for hidden skeletons and what lies beneath the shiny exterior.
The background checks reveal the hidden wanker

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 11:53 AM   #5284
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
We mostly only see what the player does on the pitch, sometimes only the YouTube highlights the can hide a thousand sins.
I'm sure our guys will dig up their back garden and check for hidden skeletons and what lies beneath the shiny exterior.
The background checks reveal the hidden wanker

I have no doubt it does and that it plays a major part in the players we go after, but by all account Pepe and Werner were players that we were interested in and supposedly we pulled out when the money side of things got silly and we let Arsenal and Chelsea pay transfer fees we were not willing to buy at.

Is only an opinion of course, but I suspect if we had gotten Pepe in 2019 and Werner in 2020 that they would have fared far better under Klopp and his coaching team than they have where they ended up.
Old 02-08-22, 11:54 AM   #5285
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post

Is only an opinion of course, but I suspect if we had gotten Pepe in 2019 and Werner in 2020 that they would have fared far better under Klopp and his coaching team than they have where they ended up.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
Old 02-08-22, 08:10 PM   #5286
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I almost can’t believe this is real. What a fucking ridiculous idea. We went on to absolutely smash them

Old 02-08-22, 08:46 PM   #5287
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

I almost canít believe this is real. What a fucking ridiculous idea. We went on to absolutely smash them

https://twitter.com/theanfieldtalk/s...20422313783296
Living in their heads, rent free...

That level of worry will eat away at his players and they will be shitting it even more.
He's doing his own reverse psychology, the daft twat

Old 03-08-22, 12:58 PM   #5288
rudedog
Pig hater

It reminds me of the episode of the office where Brent was doing a motivational speech and turned up with his boombox playing simply the best.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 01:19 PM   #5289
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

There is nothing funnier than seeing a plan that is so obviously absolutely shite see the light of day. ‘Blue Sky Thinking’

Even in the unlikely event of them getting a result, there is just no way it could be attributed to that nonsense.
Old 03-08-22, 01:29 PM   #5290
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:

I almost canít believe this is real. What a fucking ridiculous idea. We went on to absolutely smash them

https://twitter.com/theanfieldtalk/s...20422313783296
Laughable. Does absolutely nothing to simulate the match atmosphere.
Maybe helped them get through the pre match drills

Though Arsenal fans are claiming it was for the 0-0 in the League Cup.
Even so.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 02:01 PM   #5291
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Laughable. Does absolutely nothing to simulate the match atmosphere.
Maybe helped them get through the pre match drills

Though Arsenal fans are claiming it was for the 0-0 in the League Cup.
Even so.

Them defending it is even funnier.
Old 03-08-22, 02:17 PM   #5292
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Who could forget Sanchez
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 03:13 PM   #5293
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:

Them defending it is even funnier.
Our away win in the semi final is one of my fav moments of last season - fuck you Ben White
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 03:28 PM   #5294
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Their fans were so confident going into that game. All over Twitter giving it large. Daft bastards.
Old 03-08-22, 06:11 PM   #5295
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
It reminds me of the episode of the office where Brent was doing a motivational speech and turned up with his boombox playing simply the best.
Looks like I wasnít the only person that thought this!

rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 08:21 PM   #5296
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 05:44 AM   #5297
Sus
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Looks like I wasnít the only person that thought this!

https://twitter.com/AndyHa_/status/1554746027982323712
I didn't know your name was Andy!

Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 12:21 PM   #5298
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Could someone post the text please?
Old 04-08-22, 01:47 PM   #5299
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
All or Nothing is one of the great comedies – unless you support Arsenal

The principal motivation of the series appears to be to allow supporters of other clubs to chortle at the expense of its subject

Were you to emerge from Liverpool Lime Street station at any time this week, you would be confronted by a huge hoarding advertising the new Amazon Prime series 'Arsenal: All or Nothing'. There at the centre of the poster is the club manager Mikel Arteta glaring down on passing shoppers, his eyebrows so magnificent it looks as if he has just been for a threading session at the nearby Face Brow Bar.

If it seems an odd bit of marketing to promote this behind-the-scenes documentary about Arsenal’s 2021/22 season in a city where there are probably fewer Arsenal fans than you might find in Ulan Bator, that is to misunderstand what appears to be the principal motivation of the series: to allow supporters of other clubs to chortle at the expense of its subject. And let’s face it, there is a lot to laugh at in All Or Nothing: Arsenal. Not least in that title, hamstrung as it is by the time lag between the gathering of material and the programme’s release.

Here is a behind-the-scenes documentary filled with earnest insistence by Arteta that if his players follow his “process” they will be richly rewarded, its urgent musical soundtrack suggesting forthcoming jeopardy, yet, before we start watching we all know precisely how it ends. Spoiler alert: Arsenal finish fifth in the Premier League. Which, in truth, is neither all nor nothing. Still, having been confronted by the enormous poster, any Liverpool local wondering whether to tune in will find much to enjoy. In fact, not since Troopz, Claude and Robbie were at their foaming finest for Arsenal Fan TV has there been such a clear invitation to giggle at Gooners.

Take the sequence in the first episode where Arteta tries to do something different to encourage his players ahead of a fixture at Anfield. Recalling how he had been temporarily stymied by the atmosphere when he had turned out at the stadium, the manager decides to rig up a public address system round the training ground and have his players go through their final preparations to a soundtrack of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' blasting out of the speakers. “He’s a freak,” Granit Xhaka says of his boss. “But in a positive way. He sees details others don’t.”

Oddly, though we see the preparations in full, we don’t see the consequence of that particular application of detail: after watching his side being eviscerated 4-0, Arteta had to be restrained on the touchline from physically confronting his opposite number Jurgen Klopp. That, apparently, is what happens when you think out of the box. This has been the experience of previous series involving Manchester City and Tottenham: you tune in hoping for insight and end up being confronted by comical levels of corporate motivational speak. Though in this one, for all his adherence to new ways of doing things, undoubtedly the most effective bit of geeing up Arteta delivers is when, ahead of the north London derby, he hands over the pre-match team talk to the club photographer of 30 years Stuart MacFarlane.

Unleashing his inner Neil Warnock, MacFarlane effs and jeffs about how important this game is to the fans. And guess what? Arsenal are 3-0 up within half an hour. Though in truth that might have been more to do with the fact the then Tottenham manager, Nuno Espirito Santo, decided not to field a defence in that game and less MacFarlane’s stirring words.

Significantly the first person to congratulate the snapper after he had delivered his talk was Bukayo Saka. What All of Nothing most informs us about Arsenal is that the England winger is the Michael Palin of the Emirates, the nicest bloke in football. Kind, generous and sweetly naive, Saka comes across as a magnificent counterpoint to the cynicism of the modern game. But beyond telling us what a top guy Saka is, what is the real purpose of All or Nothing: Arsenal? Maybe that becomes obvious in one of the interactions he has in the first episode. After the Euro final, when the poor lad is pilloried for his penalty miss, we are told that one of the first supportive texts he received was from Josh Kroenke, son of the club owner.

Indeed, Kroenke’s presence in the first episode of the documentary is benevolent, a twinkly-eyed enthusiast for the game, deeply in love with Arsenal and the entire football system. And there was us thinking he was one of the principal architects of the European Super League. Ah well, as has always been the case in marketing, he who pays the piper calls the tune.
Old 04-08-22, 02:05 PM   #5300
wiw
Paisley

Thanks
Old 05-08-22, 09:53 AM   #5301
frank the tank
Paisley

Watched some of it last night...... Christ they are fuckin shite...... Even arteta comes across as weak....

And that fella Ramsdale is the cunt that we all know him to be
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football