It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 31-01-22, 04:36 PM   #6961
Irishnev
Paisley

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 05:04 PM   #6962
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
That record signing went well then

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 05:24 PM   #6963
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
He looked amazing and I wanted us to get him - I guess the Klopp personality check is also a huge factor
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 06:03 PM   #6964
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I didn't realise they spent about £60m on him

Old 31-01-22, 07:54 PM   #6965
red g
Paisley

£100m spent on Gil, Lo Celso and Ndombele all of on loan.

Well done Levy

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 08:03 PM   #6966
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I’ve never heard of the guys Spurs signed today.
Old 04-02-22, 05:55 PM   #6967
baitman
Daddy day care

Conte calling it right. 100m spunked

Tottenham manager Antonio Conte says the club must pay "more attention" in the transfer market because of "mistakes in the past".

Conte oversaw his first transfer window with the club in January, when record-signing Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani Lo Celso and Bryan Gil all left on loan.

Ndombele cost Spurs £54m in 2019, while Lo Celso was £27.2m in 2020 and Gil joined from Sevilla for £22.5m in July.

"Usually you buy players to reinforce your team," said Conte.

"But if you send on loan after two or three years it is strange," the 52-year-old added.

"It means that maybe in the past you have to see what you did and maybe to understand that there were some mistakes in the past, so Levy is a bellend.

"We have to pay more attention in the future when we go into the market. It becomes a fundamental importance if we want to enforce the team, otherwise you drop the quality of your team."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60261254

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 06:42 PM   #6968
npinn001
Benitez

Quote:
Conte calling it right. 100m spunked

Tottenham manager Antonio Conte says the club must pay "more attention" in the transfer market because of "mistakes in the past".

Conte oversaw his first transfer window with the club in January, when record-signing Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani Lo Celso and Bryan Gil all left on loan.

Ndombele cost Spurs £54m in 2019, while Lo Celso was £27.2m in 2020 and Gil joined from Sevilla for £22.5m in July.

"Usually you buy players to reinforce your team," said Conte.

"But if you send on loan after two or three years it is strange," the 52-year-old added.

"It means that maybe in the past you have to see what you did and maybe to understand that there were some mistakes in the past, so Levy is a bellend.

"We have to pay more attention in the future when we go into the market. It becomes a fundamental importance if we want to enforce the team, otherwise you drop the quality of your team."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60261254
Nice edit
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 08:47 AM   #6969
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Sky Sports News kept mentioning last night that Harry Kane was now (as of last night) the top away goal scorer in the League. It was even on the scrolling thing at the bottom.

Desperate stuff.
Old 17-03-22, 08:56 AM   #6970
S-RED
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Sky Sports News kept mentioning last night that Harry Kane was now (as of last night) the top away goal scorer in the League. It was even on the scrolling thing at the bottom.

Desperate stuff.

PREMIER league............. you know when football was founded !!! fuckin hate the narrative that Sky/Premier league invented football
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 09:21 AM   #6971
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal

£60m? He's crap

Old 01-07-22, 09:32 AM   #6972
frank the tank
Paisley

I spoke to an Everton supporting colleague of mine a few months back about Ricarlison. At the time it looked like they would go down. The guy shared my opinion that he seemed to be a horrible fucker but his opinion was that he works and works his bollocks off the whole game. He was a season ticket holder and he basically said "i'd fuck off most of the team but at least he puts a huge shift in"

That is probably Conte's main reason for wanting him. He probably thinks if this guy can chase down and annoy the fuck out of the opposition, then he will create space for the likes of Son and Kane to hit teams on the counter. Will see how it pans out.

From Everton's perspective, it is a strange move. Obviously they have been an absolute car crash in the transfer market ever since they had big funding. The likes of Klassen (26m), Sigurdsson (50m), Schnierderlin (15m), Rooney (free......but 300k per week!!), Iwobi (35m), Bolasie (25m), Tosun (20m), Walcott (20m), Niasse (18m) - they have all had absolutely ZERO sell on value. That is literally over 200m flushed down the toilet - and that doesn't include wages. They also have some seriously shite players in the team that they paid big money for - Keane, Godfrey, Allan, Gomes - all a combined 100m+ there that again they would probably struggle to fuckin give away considering how much wages they are on!!! Mina as well is ok player but too injury prone.

Their one "sucess" signing has been Ricarlison - but they bought him for 50m and are selling him for 60m. Hardly a resounding success in terms of transfer fee.

I think it looks like they are fucked financially. And I reckon they could go down.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 09:42 AM   #6973
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I spoke to an Everton supporting colleague of mine a few months back about Ricarlison. At the time it looked like they would go down. The guy shared my opinion that he seemed to be a horrible fucker but his opinion was that he works and works his bollocks off the whole game. He was a season ticket holder and he basically said "i'd fuck off most of the team but at least he puts a huge shift in"

That is probably Conte's main reason for wanting him. He probably thinks if this guy can chase down and annoy the fuck out of the opposition, then he will create space for the likes of Son and Kane to hit teams on the counter. Will see how it pans out.

From Everton's perspective, it is a strange move. Obviously they have been an absolute car crash in the transfer market ever since they had big funding. The likes of Klassen (26m), Sigurdsson (50m), Schnierderlin (15m), Rooney (free......but 300k per week!!), Iwobi (35m), Bolasie (25m), Tosun (20m), Walcott (20m), Niasse (18m) - they have all had absolutely ZERO sell on value. That is literally over 200m flushed down the toilet - and that doesn't include wages. They also have some seriously shite players in the team that they paid big money for - Keane, Godfrey, Allan, Gomes - all a combined 100m+ there that again they would probably struggle to fuckin give away considering how much wages they are on!!! Mina as well is ok player but too injury prone.

Their one "sucess" signing has been Ricarlison - but they bought him for 50m and are selling him for 60m. Hardly a resounding success in terms of transfer fee.

I think it looks like they are fucked financially. And I reckon they could go down.

How could you make a list of their wastes of money and not have £30m Pickford on it?
Old 01-07-22, 09:53 AM   #6974
Sus
Fagan

Well they are apparently going to offer Pickford a new contract

And yep, agreed on the financial situation - problem for them is they need to show profit to improve their financial situation. 50m purchase for 60m sale isn't much profit, vs a "free" player like Anthony Gordon or even DCL, who they bought for <10m (I think?)

So this Richarlison sale will help, but not that much, and they lose one of their most important players - feels like a perfectly Everton story
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 10:01 AM   #6975
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Well they are apparently going to offer Pickford a new contract

And yep, agreed on the financial situation - problem for them is they need to show profit to improve their financial situation. 50m purchase for 60m sale isn't much profit, vs a "free" player like Anthony Gordon or even DCL, who they bought for <10m (I think?)

So this Richarlison sale will help, but not that much, and they lose one of their most important players - feels like a perfectly Everton story
...might get shot down in flames here, but I think an in-form DCL and the potential of Gordon is about the best news story EFC have at the moment. Richarlison might have worked hard but he was a proper snide player, shit attitude and bang average goals/assists. The money they've spent in recent seasons is ridiculous.

I'd love a repeat of last season for them, with Fwank holding onto position 16 in the table as a good news story for as long as possible... and that they offer Pickford and his tiny arms a ten year deal on ludicrous money.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 10:11 AM   #6976
Sus
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
...might get shot down in flames here, but I think an in-form DCL and the potential of Gordon is about the best news story EFC have at the moment. Richarlison might have worked hard but he was a proper snide player, shit attitude and bang average goals/assists. The money they've spent in recent seasons is ridiculous.

I'd love a repeat of last season for them, with Fwank holding onto position 16 in the table as a good news story for as long as possible... and that they offer Pickford and his tiny arms a ten year deal on ludicrous money.
They'd need a special table so he could actually sign the contract
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 10:12 AM   #6977
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

I thought there were rumours of DCL being offloaded too? Newcastle sniffing?
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 10:14 AM   #6978
RichC
Meh

Even with the sale of Richarlison the FFP issues must surely still be there (if they're ever enforced!) if they want to bring players in they might still need to move the likes of DCL on to actually spend in the market.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 11:14 AM   #6979
frank the tank
Paisley

i wonder would they go for a few free transfers this summer??

Tarkowski, Lingaard......and i wouldnt be surprised if someone like Diego Costa rocked up there too at the end of the window.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 11:36 AM   #6980
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
i wonder would they go for a few free transfers this summer??

Tarkowski, Lingaard......and i wouldnt be surprised if someone like Diego Costa rocked up there too at the end of the window.
Joyce reporting Everton are in for Lingard.
Old 01-07-22, 11:50 AM   #6981
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Joyce reporting Everton are in for Lingard.
They'll pay him a fortune as well...Lampard is gonna destroy Everton
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 12:26 PM   #6982
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Tik Tok, Tik Tok... Boom!!!

JLingz will be dancing around the changing room all the way to the Championship
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 09:13 PM   #6983
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
At least Lampard will finish up in the Championship where he belongs
Old 02-07-22, 09:23 AM   #6984
Rafa Justice
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post

I'd rather they were relegated myself
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 10:35 AM   #6985
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 02:06 PM   #6986
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
Old 20-07-22, 04:49 PM   #6987
Cerbie
Evans

Old 20-07-22, 11:22 PM   #6988
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerbie View Post
Insert Spurs , Everton or Arsenal to be precise
Old 21-07-22, 04:16 AM   #6989
Cerbie
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Insert Spurs , Everton or Arsenal to be precise
Spurs and the Bitters for sure, but harsh to include Arsenal, they have won trophies in this millennium.
Old 21-07-22, 05:09 AM   #6990
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Spurs and the Bitters for sure, but harsh to include Arsenal, they have won trophies in this millennium.
True but they’ve failed to deliver since the new stadium hog tied their finances & they sacked Wenger.
Old 21-07-22, 08:41 AM   #6991
Cerbie
Evans

Old 22-07-22, 07:09 AM   #6992
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Didn't Spurs win the league cup about 2008?
Old 22-07-22, 07:51 AM   #6993
Cerbie
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I forgot the time they didn’t go all Spursy!
Old 22-07-22, 11:46 AM   #6994
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
No Spurs fan could forget it
Old 22-07-22, 12:39 PM   #6995
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
True but they’ve failed to deliver since the new stadium hog tied their finances & they sacked Wenger.

They have won the FA cup four times since 2014. So they have kept a bit of silverware coming in.

Was actually surprised to see they won it four times in the last eight years tbh as only remembered one of thsoe wins.

Not that it is worth anything really, but they won the Community Shield each time they won the FA cup in that run too.

Everton or Spurs would be dining out for a long time on one FA cup in that period of time let alone four.
Old 22-07-22, 01:07 PM   #6996
SB
Paisley

Wow I seem to recall them making finals but I’ve honestly not watched one single one of them. I used to enjoy watching Arsenal back in the day of Bergkamp, Petit , Overmars etc
Old 22-07-22, 01:10 PM   #6997
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Sure Wenger was hounded out, after years of fans abuse for prioritising top 4 over trophies, he delivers 3 FA Cups in 4 years, but then missed out on top 4 so is forced to step down.
Old 22-07-22, 03:35 PM   #6998
Cerbie
Evans

Quote:
No Spurs fan could forget it

Happy it confirms my status as not a Spurs fan
Old 22-07-22, 10:58 PM   #6999
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Sure Wenger was hounded out, after years of fans abuse for prioritising top 4 over trophies, he delivers 3 FA Cups in 4 years, but then missed out on top 4 so is forced to step down.
Yeah he certainly copped the raw end of the deal. And the fan base what a bunch of clowns they’ve proven themselves to be
Old 04-08-22, 02:36 AM   #7000
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

I just discovered a quote, I assume from NYE 2021.

Today marks the exact point that Spurs' last league title in 1961 is as close to December 31 1899 as it is to now.

est1892 > Football > General Football