It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 03-08-22, 10:53 AM   #7641
Angryred
Dalglish

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
Cup Winners Cup
Think we only played in that competition once!
Old 03-08-22, 11:30 AM   #7642
Irishnev
Paisley

I see the Hendo debate is going into overdrive on Twitter again, comp videos of his performance on Saturday. For me he struggled on the ball, fast technical games donít suit him and he coughed up possession a lot (70% pass rate) by forcing balls. I noticed it watching the game and I was on his case from the comfort of the sofa We are at a bit of a cross roads with him now - I think he is best suited as the 6 (Fab back up) and the 8 against certain opponents.

For the real high intensity games where you technique needs to be spot on (City, Spurs, Chelsea) I think he struggles as the right sided 8 - this is our creative outlet and he hasnít got it. Elliott was much better at keeping the ball when he came on

Iíve made my thoughts clear about Hendo the footballer vs Hendo the captain/hood guy/leader etc - weíve 10 excellent players and one decent one in Kloppís preferred 11
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 12:01 PM   #7643
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 03-08-22, 12:21 PM   #7644
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Iíll pass on this one but keen to see Pep Lís book
Old 03-08-22, 01:30 PM   #7645
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Quote:
In this exclusive extract from Jordan Henderson's forthcoming autobiography, the Liverpool skipper highlights how much things have changed at Anfield since his first pre-season in 2011.

At Kirkby now, and Melwood before it, standards are ridiculous. I've never seen anything like. Every minute of every day, everybody is on it. Players, staff, everybody. But it wasn't always like this.

I joined in June 2011 and during my first pre-season the lads had two nights away, which was my first proper introduction to the squad. I'd joined Liverpool Football Club, I was in absolute awe, and I was expecting standards to be the sort of level I'd never seen before.

And so a few days after I signed, we had a couple of nights away in Blackpool and I was put in a room with Charlie Adam and Joe Cole.

In our hotel room before the first night out, I got showered and ready to go out. I was in the bathroom liberally applying some Joop when I could smell smoke, piercing through my Joop's alluring cinnamon notes. I stuck my head out of the bathroom and Joe and Charlie were blatantly flouting the no-smoking rule, leaning out of the window puffing away non-stop. Charlie was swigging white wine straight from the bottle, and Joe had a bottle of vodka and he was rubbing it into his eyeballs. They were laughing like maniacs, saying "fuck that nerd Carragher, let's get bollocksed!"

I went into the corridor to call Stewie Downing. I was like "Stew, is this normal? I can't believe it". Stewie came running down and came into the room to see for himself. When we both walked in Charlie was throwing up into the bathroom sink while Joe laughed, and coughed, and laughed, and coughed, with his hands on his hips, unable to get his breath, seemingly coughing and spluttering himself to death. As we left the room, Stewie asked me if he should tell the gaffer, and started to cry.
Old 03-08-22, 01:47 PM   #7646
Irishnev
Paisley

Old 03-08-22, 01:58 PM   #7647
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Pre-ordered
Old 03-08-22, 02:00 PM   #7648
Fivex
The Wisp

Old 03-08-22, 02:09 PM   #7649
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 02:41 PM   #7650
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Old 03-08-22, 03:15 PM   #7651
Charly
Shankly

Probably true , though
Old 03-08-22, 07:45 PM   #7652
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I wrote it...
Ghost writer

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 11:55 PM   #7653
The_weatherman
Smug

"I was in the bathroom liberally applying some Joop when I could smell smoke, piercing through my Joop's alluring cinnamon notes."

I was literally there in the moment with Hendo
Old 04-08-22, 09:42 AM   #7654
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I see the Hendo debate is going into overdrive on Twitter again, comp videos of his performance on Saturday. For me he struggled on the ball, fast technical games donít suit him and he coughed up possession a lot (70% pass rate) by forcing balls. I noticed it watching the game and I was on his case from the comfort of the sofa We are at a bit of a cross roads with him now - I think he is best suited as the 6 (Fab back up) and the 8 against certain opponents.

For the real high intensity games where you technique needs to be spot on (City, Spurs, Chelsea) I think he struggles as the right sided 8 - this is our creative outlet and he hasnít got it. Elliott was much better at keeping the ball when he came on

Iíve made my thoughts clear about Hendo the footballer vs Hendo the captain/hood guy/leader etc - weíve 10 excellent players and one decent one in Kloppís preferred 11

Assuming Klopp's preferred XI looks something like

Alisson
TAA
Matip or Konate
VVD
Robertson
Fabinho
Thiago
Henderson
Salah
Darwin
Diaz

Then there are a few in there that we are hoping will be excellent players rather than being proven ones for us as of yet.

Henderson is past his peak yes, but he should be able to give us another two or three years in a Milner type role. For me I would love to see Barella or a player with a lot of his traits come in and be our starting RCM. Henderson then becomes the back up number 6 and 8.

Darwin we hope comes good and I personally think he will be safely regarded as excellent for us before this season ends, but right now he is potentially excellent.

Diaz is another that falls under the potentially excellent banner though the signs are very good. He ups his goal and/or assist output this season and we might have a guy able to operate at the levels of a prime Mane.

What is nuts about our current team is the number of genuine World Class players we have in the starting XI at the same time. Most great teams might have one or two, maybe three that are surrounded by good to very good players who work well as a unit.

But we have at least five or six that could be called world class without much arguement and another one or two who might well be world class, wiith all the WC players buying into the team ethic as much as the non WC ones.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC