It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 23-04-13, 08:53 AM   #1041
Captain Stu
Dalglish

I cannot lose weight.
Old 23-04-13, 08:54 AM   #1042
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stu View Post
I cannot lose weight.
But you're not really fat so if there's not much to lose it takes ages.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-13, 08:56 AM   #1043
Captain Stu
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo1981 View Post
But you're not really fat so if there's not much to lose it takes ages.
I CAN HEAR MY THIGHS RUBBING TOGETHER AS I TYPE.

Old 23-04-13, 09:05 AM   #1044
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stu View Post
I CAN HEAR MY THIGHS RUBBING TOGETHER AS I TYPE.

Did you get the caps lock stuck with your fat stumpy sausage fingers?
Old 23-04-13, 09:11 AM   #1045
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Ah...didn't notice the typo!!! It's 12kg I've lost!

I wish I'd lost 21kg as that'd put me down to about 14st!

Just going to carry on with things as I have been though as just with eating less crap, I've lost that. I suppose I could help it along with exercise but that's just dull

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-13, 09:16 AM   #1046
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingawaria View Post
Ah...didn't notice the typo!!! It's 12kg I've lost!

I wish I'd lost 21kg as that'd put me down to about 14st!

Just going to carry on with things as I have been though as just with eating less crap, I've lost that. I suppose I could help it along with exercise but that's just dull
That's still great going

You should try a bit of exercise though. You say it's dull but exercise comes in many forms, you just need to find something that you find interesting. If you do the weight will come off twice as fast and you'll feel all the better for it.
Old 23-04-13, 09:35 AM   #1047
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
That's still great going

You should try a bit of exercise though. You say it's dull but exercise comes in many forms, you just need to find something that you find interesting. If you do the weight will come off twice as fast and you'll feel all the better for it.
True enough, I do try to do a bit, having a 5 year old helps as I'm always running after him. It's amazing how knackered I get after play fighting with him for a few minutes

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-13, 09:35 AM   #1048
Alex
Administrator

I have decided I hate the gym, properly hate it. I now do Kettlebells and Cycling. Keeps me fit enough. Im still slowly losing too.
Old 23-04-13, 09:43 AM   #1049
Captain Stu
Dalglish

Quote:
Did you get the caps lock stuck with your fat stumpy sausage fingers?
I ate the caps lock.
Old 24-04-13, 09:09 PM   #1050
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Been busy at work recently and not had a chance to do my rowing program when I should. The result is that I've had to cram 3 sessions in to one. Just finished 3 10min rows with 2 minutes warm up and down either side (so 42 mins total) and the fucking laptop died with 30 seconds to go and didn't store the last part
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-13, 04:25 PM   #1051
Snigger
Dalglish

A couple I know are doing the fast diet or 5 and 2 diet, they've lost loads of weight without really trying.
Snigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-13, 08:54 PM   #1052
DannyMan2006
Paisley

Dieting is a joke. Just eat healthy long term and you'll get where you want to be if you do a little more exercise.

Problem with this generation is everyone wants everything right away. Patience is the key to success. Show that and you'll make long term changes instead of going up and down in weight.

Couple of year a go I was nearly 18 stone. Now I'm 15 and a half but a lot of that is muscle. I'm 6ft 4.

All I did was cut out takeaways all the time and started exercising for 4 hours a week as opposed to none. I have a very busy week and do shift work, if I can commit to that anyone can if they want it enough.

Simple as that really and that's without going into anything major like diets and different variations of training regimes.
Old 25-04-13, 11:20 PM   #1053
spanky
Benitez

How did you schedule your training? I do a shift pattern of a month of days followed by month of nights throughout the year. Find it hard to get any routine.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-13, 02:40 AM   #1054
DannyMan2006
Paisley

I go four times a week which gives me plenty of opportunities to put things off if overtime comes up at short notice.

My start times have on occasion been different for every single day I'm at work and I regularly do 7 days straight. Not including OT my work days are 11 hours which included 3 hours travelling.

Despite all this I always make time and I regularly go on days I intend too. I just get to the gym and get it done. Personally I find motivating myself to go is the hard part. Once I'm at the gym I have no problems in getting on with it.

I'm also a bit of a loner at the gym. I purposely make no small talk or friends so I can just go and get things done quickly. Sad I know but it means I have time to do that and get at least some chill out time at home.

For those who find it really difficult, why not pop down when a footy game is on? Most gyms have TVs now which you can watch whilst cycling or on the treadmill. I mainly do the weights myself which makes it less of an option, but if you're struggling, go on the treadmill, watch the game and just switch off.
Old 26-04-13, 06:52 AM   #1055
Sarb
Doomed, we're all doomed!

Danny, want kind of weights session do you do? Do you finish each off with some cardio? Ive had similar weight loss. Im trraining 5 times per week now. Dont eat particularly unhealthy either. If I takeaway its only once per week. Ive built in a day of pure cardio, the other days have weights finished with cardio. Wouldnt mind a few tips
Sarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-13, 10:57 AM   #1056
Ams12
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMan2006 View Post
Dieting is a joke. Just eat healthy long term and you'll get where you want to be if you do a little more exercise.

Problem with this generation is everyone wants everything right away. Patience is the key to success. Show that and you'll make long term changes instead of going up and down in weight.

Couple of year a go I was nearly 18 stone. Now I'm 15 and a half but a lot of that is muscle. I'm 6ft 4.

All I did was cut out takeaways all the time and started exercising for 4 hours a week as opposed to none. I have a very busy week and do shift work, if I can commit to that anyone can if they want it enough.

Simple as that really and that's without going into anything major like diets and different variations of training regimes.
patience is deffinately the key to succsess and to sustain long term benefits as opposed to short term weight loss (usually due to loss of lean muscle tissue).

Few points from my perspective & expert knowledge in this field:

BMI is pointless - it doesnt tell you where the weight is coming from (muscle/fat/water retention/bones). Arnie & a sumo wrestler both have high BMI's but only one is fat.

Soya products are not so good for you! Soyabean crops are one of the most heavily sprayed with pesticides...which in long term could affect your nervous system.
Soya has been found to aggregate red blood cells therefore increasing cardiovascular stress...may be seen through higher blood pressure.
Plus a few more reasons.

Heart Rate Reserve would be a more specific tool to use while working out heart rate training zones.

220 - age - resting heart rate = MHR x % target heart rate zone + RHR

Will give more tips after morning seasions

Be healthy folks
Ams12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-13, 11:25 AM   #1057
DannyMan2006
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarb View Post
Danny, want kind of weights session do you do? Do you finish each off with some cardio? Ive had similar weight loss. Im trraining 5 times per week now. Dont eat particularly unhealthy either. If I takeaway its only once per week. Ive built in a day of pure cardio, the other days have weights finished with cardio. Wouldnt mind a few tips
If people are looking at weight loss, I'd say 40mins on the weights and 20mins cardio.

Ideally, a person would commit to 3/4 times a week at the gym, and that would enable you to split your muscles into groups and do them on different days, example:

Day 1 - Chest/Biceps
Rest
Day 2 - legs/Shoulders
Rest
Day 3 - back/triceps
Rest

Throw in a bit of and work on training days after the weights and sorted.

For the cardio, I find HIIT training works very well for me, example is treadmill, change pace dependant on how you cope:

2 mins warm up at 7km
15 mins of HIIT:

Variation of jog for 1 min at 9km and then 30 secs at a faster pace of 14km. If that's easy, try 45secs jog, 45secs faster pace. Also look to increase pace to something like 10km followed by 16km.

2mins warm down.

Finally and most important:

Always stretch of before & after exercise. Will prevent injuries and prevents you being sidelined and losing all the progress you've made.

Food wise:

Depends what your goal is. But all food you buy now is labelled so no excuses. Key thing to avoid is saturated fat content, amount of fat isn't really a massive problem.

Example daily food:

Morning: 3x Kallo rice crackers with peanut butter. Swap rice crackers for toast if you are not going to the gym in the morning.

Gym session, followed by protein shake. Not everyone likes the shakes, but if you are looking to build muscle, they are good. You need protein to help repair the muscle and that's the quickest way of getting it in the system. I spend about 30 on a tub. I have nowhere near the amount they recommend on the tub mind, I'm not a bodybuilder.....

I then travel to work. Once at work I will snack on some fruit or veg.

At lunch break I will have something like cous cous, chicken breast and a load of spinach. The cous cous is a ready made Moroccan pack from tesco, chicken breast cooked from night before. Spinach is piled into fill my lunchbox. Microwave and jobs a good un.

Towards the end of my work day I will eat something protein related, maybe one of those small bags of chicken pieces, or some muscles or prawns. That kind if thing.

Once home, I'll go the gym if I didn't make the morning session, those means eating later it doesn't really matter tbh.

For dinner I'll have something like:

Salmon/chicken
Sweet potato
Selection of vedge - I'm big on the Kale cabbage at the moment as its a "super food" much like spinach is, I'll have that with some broccoli.

Dependant on what time I had dinner, I may have some peanut butter on toast/rice crackers later on.

-------

I eat quite a lot, and I eat often.

Massive tip - if I ever get stuck for food at work or home and I need a take away, I get a chicken shish kebab. I have chilli sauce with all the salad, but. No mayo.

All it is is grilled chicken with salad, no need to feel guilty about having a take away as its perfectly healthy.

Once a week I have a free day. It's supposed to be just one free meal, but as I say, I'm not a bodybuilder. I won't go over the top but I'll have some lager and a takeaway etc, or go to a restaurant and not waste my time looking for something healthy. Life is for living.
Old 26-04-13, 11:45 AM   #1058
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

20 minutes cardio just isn't enough IMO. I'd switch those two around. 20 min weights, 40 minutes cardio. Sted heads
Old 26-04-13, 11:47 AM   #1059
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
20 minutes cardio just isn't enough IMO. I'd switch those two around. 20 min weights, 40 minutes cardio. Sted heads
I agree. I do 40 - 60 mins cardio approx 4 times a week
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-13, 12:09 PM   #1060
Sarb

Quote:
If people are looking at weight loss, I'd say 40mins on the weights and 20mins cardio.

Ideally, a person would commit to 3/4 times a week at the gym, and that would enable you to split your muscles into groups and do them on different days, example:

Day 1 - Chest/Biceps
Rest
Day 2 - legs/Shoulders
Rest
Day 3 - back/triceps
Rest

Throw in a bit of and work on training days after the weights and sorted.

For the cardio, I find HIIT training works very well for me, example is treadmill, change pace dependant on how you cope:

2 mins warm up at 7km
15 mins of HIIT:

Variation of jog for 1 min at 9km and then 30 secs at a faster pace of 14km. If that's easy, try 45secs jog, 45secs faster pace. Also look to increase pace to something like 10km followed by 16km.

2mins warm down.

Finally and most important:

Always stretch of before & after exercise. Will prevent injuries and prevents you being sidelined and losing all the progress you've made.

Food wise:

Depends what your goal is. But all food you buy now is labelled so no excuses. Key thing to avoid is saturated fat content, amount of fat isn't really a massive problem.

Example daily food:

Morning: 3x Kallo rice crackers with peanut butter. Swap rice crackers for toast if you are not going to the gym in the morning.

Gym session, followed by protein shake. Not everyone likes the shakes, but if you are looking to build muscle, they are good. You need protein to help repair the muscle and that's the quickest way of getting it in the system. I spend about 30 on a tub. I have nowhere near the amount they recommend on the tub mind, I'm not a bodybuilder.....

I then travel to work. Once at work I will snack on some fruit or veg.

At lunch break I will have something like cous cous, chicken breast and a load of spinach. The cous cous is a ready made Moroccan pack from tesco, chicken breast cooked from night before. Spinach is piled into fill my lunchbox. Microwave and jobs a good un.

Towards the end of my work day I will eat something protein related, maybe one of those small bags of chicken pieces, or some muscles or prawns. That kind if thing.

Once home, I'll go the gym if I didn't make the morning session, those means eating later it doesn't really matter tbh.

For dinner I'll have something like:

Salmon/chicken
Sweet potato
Selection of vedge - I'm big on the Kale cabbage at the moment as its a "super food" much like spinach is, I'll have that with some broccoli.

Dependant on what time I had dinner, I may have some peanut butter on toast/rice crackers later on.

-------

I eat quite a lot, and I eat often.

Massive tip - if I ever get stuck for food at work or home and I need a take away, I get a chicken shish kebab. I have chilli sauce with all the salad, but. No mayo.

All it is is grilled chicken with salad, no need to feel guilty about having a take away as its perfectly healthy.

Once a week I have a free day. It's supposed to be just one free meal, but as I say, I'm not a bodybuilder. I won't go over the top but I'll have some lager and a takeaway etc, or go to a restaurant and not waste my time looking for something healthy. Life is for living.
Cheers mate. Appreciate it, always good to share ideas/tips

In my 5 sessions, I have a day of Cardio (20 mins on Cross Trainer and 20 mins on Rower. Usually go HIIT on the Cross Trainer, then 20 mins of work on stomach)

The other 4 sessions are weights. Each session starts with a 10 min warm up on Cross trainer or Rower, then I'll do an hour or so of weights (split sets, with some stomach work) and finish with 10 mins on a cardio machine. I lost a fair bit of weight, but I'm going to try and change up a bit and leave the split sets for a bit.

I used to Shoulders and Back on 1 day, Biceps and Triceps on another, Chest and Legs on separate days. Still cant shift the stomach and side fat completely though. I'm assuming it might be diet related as I train pretty hard

I have the protein shakes, they are decent. But I also have the bars too on most days. I've got a low carbs drink (Reflex Instant Whey), not high in calories either.

Can't say my diet is particularly bad. No fizzy drinks, very little sweet stuff too. Have cut bread right down as well. Maybe I just eat too much
Old 26-04-13, 02:01 PM   #1061
DannyMan2006
Paisley

Sarb, when you get to a certain body fat % it becomes insanely hard to shift it without being very strict.

I'm a casual gym goer who sticks to the routine and doesn't eat crap on a regular basis. That gets me to a certain level. If and when I get close to a 4 pack showing, at that point I may look at things closer to get down to the 6 pack.

I don't know what it is for me, but it is certain that some people show a 6 pack on 10% or more, whilst some have to get right down to 6% body fat. Depends on your genes at that kind of level.
Old 26-04-13, 02:10 PM   #1062
DannyMan2006
Paisley

Quote:
Depends what you are going to the gym for. Some weeks I do no cardio. But I should say I walk 2 and a half miles a day at a fast pace whilst travelling to work, plus I don't have a desk job, I am on my feet every now & again throughout the day.

Lifestyle & gym goals come into the equation, no right way or wrong way for anyone.

But one fact - the bigger your muscles, the more fat you burn when at rest. So hitting the weights is a major player in the weight loss game.

Too many people go on the cardio machines and hammer it for all their worth. They'll get fitter, but if their main aim is to look good, it's not the greatest idea. Because when running at a certain level, you start to burn muscle more than fat, which harms your chance of losing weight.

Of course, sprinting on a treadmill for 5 hours a week will see you get where you want if its just weight loss, but you could have got there that much quicker if you slowed the pace and hit the weights.

Personally, I may not be as hardcore or as dedicated as many, but if I'm wasting my time down a gym, you can be dam sure I want to be making it worth my while. So I always make sure that my hour is packed to the max with routines that work for me.
Old 26-04-13, 02:16 PM   #1063
Sarb

Cardio can get pretty boring at the gym too. Think with weights you can mix it up a bit, lot more variety, different exercises. HIIT is good re. cardio. Too many times though I see the same people, on the same equipment, going through the motions. There is no shock factor for the body and you aren't really pushing yourself.

I look decent, just the stomach area. But to be honest, I'm not letting it get me down. I'm setting targets, increasing the weight I lift every week. I think the fact that I'm sitting in an office all day doesn't help with things. But I enjoy going to the gym so I guess that's the main thing
Old 26-04-13, 02:32 PM   #1064
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Depends what you are going to the gym for. Some weeks I do no cardio. But I should say I walk 2 and a half miles a day at a fast pace whilst travelling to work, plus I don't have a desk job, I am on my feet every now & again throughout the day.

Lifestyle & gym goals come into the equation, no right way or wrong way for anyone.

But one fact - the bigger your muscles, the more fat you burn when at rest. So hitting the weights is a major player in the weight loss game.

Too many people go on the cardio machines and hammer it for all their worth. They'll get fitter, but if their main aim is to look good, it's not the greatest idea. Because when running at a certain level, you start to burn muscle more than fat, which harms your chance of losing weight.

Of course, sprinting on a treadmill for 5 hours a week will see you get where you want if its just weight loss, but you could have got there that much quicker if you slowed the pace and hit the weights.

Personally, I may not be as hardcore or as dedicated as many, but if I'm wasting my time down a gym, you can be dam sure I want to be making it worth my while. So I always make sure that my hour is packed to the max with routines that work for me.
Thanks for the detailed post, but all I meant is you have your weightings (40:20) the wrong way around IMO
Old 26-04-13, 04:11 PM   #1065
Ams12
Dalglish

20 mins of interval training is enough time for cardio if your main aim is fat loss! Any longer duration & you will be burning muscle & liver glycogen stores & not fat...this is counter productive if u are trying to burn fat cos u are only burning suger & not body fat. Also, if you are trying to improve your fitness levels then you would need to spend alot longer at a steadier pace to build endurance...not many people have time to spend over an hour a day at the gym!

Circuits are a great way to improve fitness, burn body fat & build lean muscle in the shortest amount of time...just stick to heavyish loads & big compound exercises!

A high protein diet (2g per kg of body weight) low carbs (about 50g a day mainly from vegetables) & high fat intake (30-35% of calorific needs...from good fats - poly/monounsaturated) is ideal for changes in body composition.
Old 26-04-13, 04:15 PM   #1066
Ams12
Dalglish

Quote:

Great advise mate! Weights are more important than steady state cardio in the weight loss game!

The name of the game is 'EPOC' (Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption) which will keep your body burning calories at a higher rate 2-3 days post exercise...the weights will bring this affect much more than cardio.
Old 26-04-13, 06:53 PM   #1067
Neil Young
Prosecco Socialist

Interval training burns fat fast.
Suppose you have a physicist and a sociologist standing at the side of a field, observing a set of events unfolding on the field. The physicist does [describes] it using the terminology of mass and velocity and frequency of radiation and the rest. And the sociologist does it by describing it as a rugby match.

May the Lord bless this post.
Neil Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-13, 07:28 PM   #1068
Darth Marty
Quite Contrary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Young View Post
Interval training burns fat fast.
5 words = All the previous pages.
Old 29-04-13, 07:49 PM   #1069
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

I've just completed my 5th 6k run and its not getting any easier! Bettered the time each time, by another 40 seconds tonight. Latest time is 32m47s or a shade under 9 minutes per mile. Target is 32 mins and then we're going to increase the distance to 10k
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-13, 10:50 AM   #1070
tufty
Fagan

I started in January, not so much a diet as eating healthier and doing more exercise

not into gyms, spent my time wallowing in hot tub perving

I've now lost just over 1.1/2 stones now just under 14

not got a target as such, I'm over six foot so just waiting til I look and feel about right

given up eating all the shite as used to enjoy but knew was bad for me, pastry, crisps, biscuits, cake, chocolate, and cheese which is a big loss for me

I go for a walk every night now for about an hour, does wonders

Keep this quiet
if you carefully grind off the edges of a 50p coin you can use it as a 10p

tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 08:28 AM   #1071
paulg
Dalglish

I've been reading this with interest, but usual lack of motivation. I'm 6'2 and am down to about 16.5 stone, from 17 - 17.5, through walking the dog and eating / grazing less.

We had all our carpets changed, at home, so I spent two days moving all the furniture up and down the stairs. My abs (didn't know I had), shoulders and thighs ache like I've done the biggest workout of my life. Maybe I should become a removal man!
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 11:39 AM   #1072
Snigger
Dalglish

Quote:
Sarb, when you get to a certain body fat % it becomes insanely hard to shift it without being very strict.

I'm a casual gym goer who sticks to the routine and doesn't eat crap on a regular basis. That gets me to a certain level. If and when I get close to a 4 pack showing, at that point I may look at things closer to get down to the 6 pack.

I don't know what it is for me, but it is certain that some people show a 6 pack on 10% or more, whilst some have to get right down to 6% body fat. Depends on your genes at that kind of level.
Fast diet burns fat without the need of much exercise and its easy and sustainable, first couple of weeks is tough but your body learns to adapt. It's really simple, burns fat, lowers BMI and importantly internal fat that surrounds your internal organs, it lowers cholesterol, blood sugar levels and blood pressure minimising risks of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's etc.....

The human body was not designed to eat the way we do, 3 square meals a day, over 2000 calories every day - conitiunuous eating tricks the body into storing fat which it is designed to do for famine days where fat is burned for energy. Early man ate what he killed, sometimes he would go days with nothing, others he'd gorge on a big kill - this is what the body is designed to deal with and why there is so much obesity now with a big kill each and every day and no need to hunt ie exercise.

Its's very simple, 2 days a week you limit your calorie intake - women can have up to 500 calories a day and men up to 600 calories, how you split those calories over the day is up to you and what works best for you but the longer you can last without eating anything from the previous night the better. The remaining 5 days you eat and drink what you want, obviously if you do it in moderation you'll see the effects faster.

If you want more info Dr Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer wrote a book on it, there is also a horizon programme about it.

It works, is easy and sustainable as you know that tomorrow you can do what you want, I know because I'm doing it and have friends that live that way now. Once you reach your fighting weight you reduce it to fasting once a week.

It should not replace exercise but work with it, that said it is actually a more efficient way to burn fat than exercise as twice a week your body burns excess fat to convert into energy as you are not feeding your system, the body is working as nature intended it to and if dont exercise regularly or have problems sustaining a gym regime you now have an alternative that also wins you many side health benefits. Give it a go.
Old 01-05-13, 12:54 PM   #1073
Rowan
Shankly

I binned off the gym on account of the fact that it is a fucking soulless place full of unfun machines. Plus I was getting pissed off with people walking on treadmills.

Anyway, bought a door gym which gets some occasional use but I joined a running club and I run with them twice a week. It's done wonders for my stamina and speed. Varied work outs, lovely people, lovely girls. It's marvellous. We played pursuit last night which is basically a 6 mile long game of tag. I've been training with them for 3 weeks and my first half marathon of the year (last Sunday) was done in 1:34. 4 minutes quicker than my pb so it defo works. So running clubs are the future.

I might try a park run too. Only 5k so could probably sprint it and I'd get to take down a load of muthafuckers. The weather is picking up too so I can soon dump the buff bandanas and bust out the Luis Garcia Stylee hair supports
Old 01-05-13, 05:19 PM   #1074
Neil Young
Prosecco Socialist

Long bike rides.

I'm knaggd.
Suppose you have a physicist and a sociologist standing at the side of a field, observing a set of events unfolding on the field. The physicist does [describes] it using the terminology of mass and velocity and frequency of radiation and the rest. And the sociologist does it by describing it as a rugby match.

May the Lord bless this post.
Neil Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 05:24 PM   #1075
Snigger
Dalglish

I used to ride to work, 15 miles each way - loved it, got fitter but was perpetually hungry.
Old 02-05-13, 06:18 PM   #1076
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snigger View Post
Fast diet burns fat without the need of much exercise and its easy and sustainable, first couple of weeks is tough but your body learns to adapt. It's really simple, burns fat, lowers BMI and importantly internal fat that surrounds your internal organs, it lowers cholesterol, blood sugar levels and blood pressure minimising risks of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's etc.....

The human body was not designed to eat the way we do, 3 square meals a day, over 2000 calories every day - conitiunuous eating tricks the body into storing fat which it is designed to do for famine days where fat is burned for energy. Early man ate what he killed, sometimes he would go days with nothing, others he'd gorge on a big kill - this is what the body is designed to deal with and why there is so much obesity now with a big kill each and every day and no need to hunt ie exercise.

Its's very simple, 2 days a week you limit your calorie intake - women can have up to 500 calories a day and men up to 600 calories, how you split those calories over the day is up to you and what works best for you but the longer you can last without eating anything from the previous night the better. The remaining 5 days you eat and drink what you want, obviously if you do it in moderation you'll see the effects faster.

If you want more info Dr Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer wrote a book on it, there is also a horizon programme about it.

It works, is easy and sustainable as you know that tomorrow you can do what you want, I know because I'm doing it and have friends that live that way now. Once you reach your fighting weight you reduce it to fasting once a week.

It should not replace exercise but work with it, that said it is actually a more efficient way to burn fat than exercise as twice a week your body burns excess fat to convert into energy as you are not feeding your system, the body is working as nature intended it to and if dont exercise regularly or have problems sustaining a gym regime you now have an alternative that also wins you many side health benefits. Give it a go.
Lec?

Not really a polite way to put this, but almost all of what you've written is not true.

Consuming less calories than you expend will make you lose weight, regardless of which days you choose that reduction

But to agree with you:

diet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exercise

When it comes to shifting fat

Last edited by Fierce; 02-05-13 at 06:23 PM.
Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 08:21 PM   #1077
Snigger
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce View Post
Lec?

Not really a polite way to put this, but almost all of what you've written is not true.

Consuming less calories than you expend will make you lose weight, regardless of which days you choose that reduction

But to agree with you:

diet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exercise

When it comes to shifting fat
Not sure you've really understood it, and if you don't think it's true watch the Horizon programme where it's scientifically tested and proven.

Of course consuming less calories than you expend makes you lose weight, that's the whole point, the trick is to find away to do it in a sustainable way that you can keep doing unlike calories controlled diets every day - which is what this gives you.

I've seen it work, mate of mine has lost 2 stone and his dangerously high blood pressure has dropped significantly. I've given it a go and lost 1/2 a stone so far without increasing the amount of exercise I do or dieting in any way the other 5 days of the week.

Write it off if you want, it's your loss.
Old 03-05-13, 03:18 AM   #1078
Beastie
Houllier

Hi Snigger,

About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with high blood pressure which spooked me into getting fit and loosing weight. I lost 20 kg over a 12 month period , I have managed to keep it off but I still carry about 5 kg too much weight. I Got into Mountain Bike Riding during my fitness dive, but find I really struggle up long hills, so would love to get rid over those extra 5 kg

I started the 5:2 diet last Friday, today is may third fast day. I wanted to find out more scientific info regarding the diet, which I have found hard to get. Probably the most balanced article I found is form the NHS web site. http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01Januar...diet-work.aspx you might find it interesting.

I will keep you informed on the results.
Beastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 06:02 AM   #1079
Boogs
Shankly

I need/want to lose 2 stone and I am giving this a go. I'm only into the second week and the fast days you should chose carefully. I chose Mondays and Thursdays and yesterday fast was much easier.
I do feel that as you are watching your calories on these 2 days a week ,you are much more aware of what you are putting in your mouth for the rest of the week which also assists the loss greatly.
Old 03-05-13, 12:04 PM   #1080
Snigger
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie Suarez View Post
Hi Snigger,

About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with high blood pressure which spooked me into getting fit and loosing weight. I lost 20 kg over a 12 month period , I have managed to keep it off but I still carry about 5 kg too much weight. I Got into Mountain Bike Riding during my fitness dive, but find I really struggle up long hills, so would love to get rid over those extra 5 kg

I started the 5:2 diet last Friday, today is may third fast day. I wanted to find out more scientific info regarding the diet, which I have found hard to get. Probably the most balanced article I found is form the NHS web site. http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01Januar...diet-work.aspx you might find it interesting.

I will keep you informed on the results.

Yes I've see that, and there is much research to do as it's a relatively new theory for mass market.

est1892 > General > General Sports