It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 08-09-14, 11:42 AM   #41
dom9
Ant Pisser

Blatter has confirmed he is running for re-election despite previous promises to the contrary. I wish this parasite would just crawl away somewhere.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29109481
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-09-14, 12:03 PM   #42
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Blatter has confirmed he is running for re-election despite previous promises to the contrary. I wish this parasite would just crawl away somewhere.

He wont ever quit, he cannot afford to

The moment he leaves there someone will discover where "the bodies are buried" and he will end up in prison
Old 08-09-14, 02:00 PM   #43
Woobus
Dalglish

The next person in charge will have his hands bloody already. Doubt any honest person would ever get those kind of jobs, need to be very machiavellian to get elected.
Woobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 03:15 PM   #44
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:

The shite he came out with about 'the football family' asking him to stay makes me feel sick.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 03:53 PM   #45
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
The shite he came out with about 'the football family' asking him to stay makes me feel sick.
And prominent members of "the football family" a bit richer.....
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 06:14 PM   #46
Cormack74
Shankly

It's high time UEFA (and a few of the other saner countries or associations) left FIFA and set up without Blatter and his cohorts.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 07:11 PM   #47
dom9
Ant Pisser

Ain't gonna happen.

Apart from UEFA, in it's in pretty much every body else's interests to keep Blatter.
Old 08-09-14, 07:20 PM   #48
RichC
Meh

Well we've seen Platini walk away from putting himself up for election which I'm guessing is due to promises for the future and a wad of cash.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 07:23 PM   #49
dom9
Ant Pisser

Or the avoidance of certain failure, given that every other confederation has already pledged their support for Blatter.

I think if he thought he stood a chance, he'd be standing as a candidate.
Old 08-09-14, 07:40 PM   #50
RichC
Meh

Utterly depressing. The leadership of football is so corrupt on from what seems to be almost every level
Old 08-09-14, 07:44 PM   #51
Alex
Administrator

I know corruption needs to be fought. But it's tiresome hearing and reading about this clown. He makes you forget the actual fun of the sport.
Old 08-09-14, 07:48 PM   #52
RichC
Meh

He's the embodiment of all that's wrong with sport, the guy and his "henchmen" are just leeches on sport sucking everything that they can out for their own benefit...... Should be politicians!
Old 08-09-14, 10:46 PM   #53
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Ain't gonna happen.

Apart from UEFA, in it's in pretty much every body else's interests to keep Blatter.
But most of fifa's money comes from selling the TV rights to the richest countries which are predominately European. I doubt it will happen but it should. It just needs someone at UEFA to do the right thing.
Old 09-09-14, 08:54 AM   #54
dom9
Ant Pisser

And the massive global sponsorship deals from the likes of Cocal Cola, MacDonalds and the rest.
Old 09-09-14, 10:18 AM   #55
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

Would FIFA be bypassed by a 'super league'? That's something I can still see happening at some point in the future, although I'd rather it not happen.
Old 09-09-14, 10:44 AM   #56
Resu
Dalglish

The only thing FIFA has is the World Cup. So they can ban players in a Super league from the WC. But how interesting would a WC be without the top players?
Old 09-09-14, 11:13 AM   #57
dom9
Ant Pisser

Well, not quite, as the recent Suarez case attests.
Old 09-09-14, 11:45 AM   #58
Resu
Dalglish

Quote:
Well, not quite, as the recent Suarez case attests.
Yes, but if a super league forms outside of FIFA/UEFA the only thing they can offer is the WC/EC. The CL would be more or less pointless. Basically, international football is what they have, the big clubs would manage fine without them. Football as a sport would suffer, IMO, if a super league is formed, but that's another discussion.
Old 09-09-14, 12:15 PM   #59
Liverpool
Paisley

If a super league was to take place it would be twats like Mendes running it, one set of twats swapped for another.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14, 12:42 PM   #60
dom9
Ant Pisser

The super league ship sailed with the advent, and then commercial success of the Champions League. All the clubs ever wanted was shit loads of money, and they have now.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 09-09-14, 12:51 PM   #61
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
The super league ship sailed with the advent, and then commercial success of the Champions League. All the clubs ever wanted was shit loads of money, and they have now.

But CL money is now being dwarfed by commercial sponsorships and domestic prize money (again?).
Old 09-09-14, 12:52 PM   #62
Resu
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
But CL money is now being dwarfed by commercial sponsorships and domestic prize money (again?).
I don't think that is the case for most clubs.
Old 09-09-14, 12:53 PM   #63
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
True - the new deal will kick in next season though. How much will BT Sports be paying to boot Sky out of the equation? I think it will be enough to keep the clubs happy for now. There's not been a squeak out of them on the issue for years.
Old 09-09-14, 12:54 PM   #64
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resu View Post
I don't think that is the case for most clubs.
It is in England. And the elite in Spain. But the rest of Europe, no.
Old 09-09-14, 01:57 PM   #65
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
And the massive global sponsorship deals from the likes of Cocal Cola, MacDonalds and the rest.
I was posting on a phone so couldn't be arsed to go through every income stream. Agreed commercial deals bring in plenty too but I suggest the majority are linked to tournaments and with no European teams and less interest in watching from the affluent people living there I think it's safe to say the amount the likes of Coke would be prepared to pay would reduce significantly.
Old 09-09-14, 02:20 PM   #66
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Gazprom need to dip into there not dodgy pockets and up the ante then!!!

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-14, 12:40 PM   #67
dom9
Ant Pisser

Has anybody been following watchgate?

Another shambles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29285817
Old 20-09-14, 12:49 PM   #68
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

Quote:
Has anybody been following watchgate?

Another shambles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29285817
Sums the entire set up to a tee.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 20-09-14, 01:33 PM   #69
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
"We receive many watches, just like journalists - you receive many watches. Just like the associations receive watches. Yes, yes, you receive watches occasionally. Every now and again, you do receive watches.
Does anyone get the feeling that he receives watches?
Old 26-09-14, 02:06 PM   #70
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 9s
Blatter says World Cup corruption probe to stay secret http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/4...be-stay-secret … - from @gdunbarap

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 3m
Blatter on receiving $27k watch gift:"What is wrong?Wrong maybe that according to court of ethics perhaps the value, but what is the value?"

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 1m
Just asked Sepp Blatter if FIFA execs accepting 16k watches was a mistake & if he's given his back yet. "A non-problem" he insists.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 25s
Blatter points out when he came for English FA's 150th anniversary "they have given me gifts"

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 30s
Blatter refusing again to answer if he's given 16k watch back (as demanded by his own Ethics Cttee), & seems upset by furore over watchgate

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 1m
Sepp Blatter not saying if he's returned his $27,000 watch from the Brazilian FA

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes 2m
Good that Fifa, Uefa finally get round to banning 3rd party ownership. Even the 'straight' versions of it carry too much risk

Last edited by Bender; 26-09-14 at 02:18 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-14, 08:02 PM   #71
dom9
Ant Pisser

Here is a bit of a shocker. FIFA seem to be doing something right for once...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29373456

Quote:
Fifa to introduce ban on third-party ownership of players

By Richard Conway
BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent

Fifa has agreed to ban the third-party ownership (TPO) of players.

Already banned in Britain, TPO is common in Europe and South America, where investment companies take a stake in the economic rights of players.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter said there will be a "transitional period" before the ban comes into effect.

Manchester City's 32m purchase of Eliaquim Mangala from Porto was one of four major deals that went through in England this past summer involving TPO.

English clubs who wish to buy players co-owned by an investor and a team are already required to buy out the contract rights from all parties retaining a financial interest.
Fifa says TPO threatens the integrity of the sport and creates conflicts of interest.

Supporters of the practice argue it allows clubs to buy players they could not otherwise afford.

Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke said a working group set up to implement the ban would decide how long the transitional period would be - which could be up to four years.

The working group will submit a proposal to the next Fifa executive committee meeting in December.

"The ban cannot be implemented immediately and we are discussing the number of transfer windows we have to wait for this ban to come in," Valcke said.

"It's a matter of whether we are talking about six transfer windows, meaning three years, or eight, meaning four years, this is what we will be discussing in this working group."

Fifa's decision comes after pressure from Uefa, who want to introduce new rules to clamp down on TPO from as early as next season.

Earlier this year Uefa's general secretary Gianni Infantino warned that they would take action on the issue if Fifa failed to act.

A decision to ban the practice could have far-reaching consequences for many leagues where TPO is rife and clubs rely heavily on outside investors to assist them in purchasing players.
Old 27-09-14, 12:01 AM   #72
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Quote:
Here is a bit of a shocker. FIFA seem to be doing something right for once...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29373456

Or they couldn't work out how to get their share.......
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-14, 09:56 AM   #73
dom9
Ant Pisser

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29387309

Quote:
Sepp Blatter's watch-gift stance shows Fifa is behind the times

There was a palpable sense of frustration from Sepp Blatter when he was questioned by BBC Sport on the controversial 16,000 watch given to him and his executive committee colleagues by the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) during the 2014 World Cup.

Speaking at Fifa's executive committee meeting in Zurich on Friday, Blatter twice refused to answer if he had, or planned, to return the watch he was given in Sao Paulo ahead of the late October deadline set by the Fifa ethics committee.

I've subsequently been assured by those close to the 78-year-old that he will send it back.

However, a number of Fifa executives are said to be angry with how the organisation's ethics committee has handled the matter.

That's borne out of the belief of many that the watches cannot be considered an inducement or a bribe.

They were included in 65 gift bags, which were given to the 28 members of Fifa's executive committee as well as representatives from all the countries taking part in the World Cup, meaning about 1.04m of watches were handed out.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter Members of Fifa's executive committee were given watches as gifts by the Brazilian Football Confederation during the 2014 World Cup

What possible advantage, many of them have argued in private, could the CBF gain from giving such a gift when they were already hosting the World Cup? What advantage or favour could they hope to be seeking from them?

The special-edition Parmigiani Swiss-made, rose-gold device was merely a token welcome gift, they believe. Uefa president Michel Platini has said he will not return his.

Such a mindset will be seized upon by some as showing Fifa is still a long way from true reform.

It will be hard for many to accept that 16,000 watches are gifts of a 'trivial value', as the reformed code of ethics mandates they must be.

Yet that is exactly what Blatter claims they are.

"What is wrong?" he asked.

"Wrong maybe that, according to court of ethics perhaps, the value? But what is the value?"

It's feasible many executives were unaware of the true value of the watch. They may not have been expecting it to be in their goody bag and in some cases may not have been aware they even possessed them, as the FA's Greg Dyke insists, if they didn't examine what had been left for them in their five-star Brazilian hotel room.

Uefa president Michel Platini Uefa president Michel Platini has refused to return the watch given to him during the World Cup

However, now in the knowledge of the watch's market value, to quibble and prevaricate that they have been harshly treated, or that the ethics committee has somehow acted beyond its remit, demonstrates to many just how far removed from reality some of Fifa's power-brokers have become.

Three executives are said to have reported the watch soon after they received it, yet many remained silent.

And now some are indignant.

In so doing, Fifa's leadership perpetuates a perception of graft and grubbiness that is now, rightly or wrongly, synonymous with the organisation in the minds of many supporters and members of the 'football family'.

The culture of expensive gift giving and receiving - thought to have been consigned to Fifa's past - is still, it seems, alive.

Even Fifa's fiercest critics acknowledge that the organisation does sterling work on many different matters.

However, the fallout from this dispute over 65 watches will leave many believing the game deserves better from those who lead it.
Old 13-11-14, 09:21 AM   #74
ChesterDave
Paisley

Qatar did nothing wrong and it is actually the FA that require pulling up on their behaviour says 42 page summary (that we do get to see) of a 430 page 2 year report (that we won't)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30031405
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-14, 09:29 AM   #75
Alex
Administrator

Shock.

Most of the people who could have been implicated are gone from FIFA now as I understand it. So you'd have to think that most of them didn't talk to him.

Report was never going to do anything other than clear Fifa. Which is a shame, because I genuinely believe that its a pretty broken system.
Old 13-11-14, 09:30 AM   #76
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Qatar did nothing wrong and it is actually the FA that require pulling up on their behaviour says 42 page summary (that we do get to see) of a 430 page 2 year report (that we won't)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30031405

Not quite. Limited investigation lacked the ability to obtain evidence that could determine whether the bids were corrupt. A case of not proven.

The English FA however, provided evidence of their own corruption with Jack Warner and will get it in the neck.

Last edited by Kenneth; 13-11-14 at 09:47 AM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-14, 01:23 PM   #77
john316
Dalglish

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...uption-4618930

FIFA essentially appealing against its own ruling after the lead investigator says FIFA's judge completely misinterpreted his findings
john316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-14, 01:33 PM   #78
Reece

Sounds like this is far from over

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-14, 01:37 PM   #79
dom9
Ant Pisser

We should be surprised. Should be

Old 13-11-14, 01:48 PM   #80
G
Paisley

The major european FA's should leave FIFA and form their own governance. Mind you the English FA are a sham too so would it make a difference.
G is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football