It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 15-06-22, 01:04 PM   #81
spud_gun
Paisley

Edwards would have this signed, sealed and delivered by Monday.

Shoddy stuff from Ward dragging it into Tuesday.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-06-22, 01:10 AM   #82
SB
Paisley

Please we’ve got this sorted so quickly & now to get us much out of Bayern as we can.

Last edited by SB; 16-06-22 at 07:58 PM.
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 05:31 AM   #83
npinn001
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Please weíve got this sorted so quickly & now to get us much out of Barca as we can.
Bayern?
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 07:35 PM   #84
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 16-06-22, 07:59 PM   #85
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by npinn001 View Post
Bayern?
not sure what happened there
Old 20-06-22, 09:05 AM   #86
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal

Interesting thread on Nunez

Old 20-06-22, 09:58 AM   #87
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Not surprised about Rafa Silva. He's really good.

Nice to see we are aware there is still room for improvement and there is a chance things could regress if we don't keep trying to evolve the squad.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 06:34 PM   #88
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Woof.

Old 24-06-22, 07:00 PM   #89
labourRed
Paisley

Shades of Karius.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 08:21 PM   #90
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Mo is having none of that

Old 26-06-22, 03:04 PM   #91
Jaco_Pastorious

Need to do more work on your weak side, Mo
Old 27-06-22, 02:11 PM   #92
rudedog
Pig hater

Infinity paddling pool
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-22, 06:56 PM   #93
Irishnev
Paisley

Two friendlies and he’s talking about being resilient on Twitter

I hope he ignores social media and all the trolls - replies calling him Andy Carroll and showing his fuck ups……. ffs.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-22, 07:02 PM   #94
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

World is full of absolute wankers.
Old 15-07-22, 07:15 PM   #95
Pepe79
Shankly

He's played a grand total of 64 minutes.

Across 2 warm up games.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-22, 07:23 PM   #96
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

At least he demands a lot of himself.

Showed good movement I thought. He only met the team for the first time a week ago, there were a few moments where he went left and the ball went right but he is learning how we play. Man U fans getting ahead of themselves as per.

I would be be surprised at all if he is brought in slowly and we start the season with Diaz/Bobby/Salah and hopefully Jota when fit.
Old 15-07-22, 08:25 PM   #97
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

We'd be all over a Man U record signing looking like a donkey, and they'll be praying Darwin does for us.

Who cares what anyone else says
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-22, 08:46 PM   #98
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

True dat
Old 15-07-22, 08:47 PM   #99
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
We'd be all over a Man U record signing looking like a donkey, and they'll be praying Darwin does for us.

Who cares what anyone else says
I wouldnít even be aware of how any of their players were looking in their pre-season games.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-22, 10:15 PM   #100
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
I wouldnít even be aware of how any of their players were looking in their pre-season games.

Yep. Our own pre season games are just a step above being glorifed training sessions, so to take the time to watch the same of other teams is strange behaviour for any adult imo.

Nunez will be a good player for us when it matters. Could not give a toss about training sessions in which he is getting used to his team mates and vice versa. These games are for getting sharp and getting mistakes out of the system.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 15-07-22, 10:50 PM   #101
SB
Paisley

Yep he’ll come good & I agree that we should probably start the season with him on the bench with the tried & trusted three starting
Old 15-07-22, 11:27 PM   #102
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Yep heíll come good & I agree that we should probably start the season with him on the bench with the tried & trusted three starting

Tried and trusted three?

Diaz is still somewhat new as well and Jota may be out injured come the start of the season.

We basically have one tried and trusted goal threat fit right now in Salah.

Having said that I would start with Diaz, Nunez and Salah as the front three against Fulham if all three are fit and ready come August 6th.

Diaz was patchy and unlucky in equal amounts for me in front of goal last season and I have a sneaky suspicion he will do a Suarez next season as in miss a lot of chances in his first half season and then up his goals/assists per game ratio in his first full season.

Nunez I think will be good for us this season and would look to get him scoring in competitive games as early in the season as we can. A couple weeks of his teammates getting used to his runs and him geting used to their passes and he should be hot to trot aganst Fulham............ especially with Barella or Nunes teeing him up.
Old 16-07-22, 02:40 AM   #103
baitman
Daddy day care

Can someone please fix the name of the thread, the full title is having an effect on his confidence and our results.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-22, 02:50 AM   #104
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Tried and trusted three?

Diaz is still somewhat new as well and Jota may be out injured come the start of the season.

We basically have one tried and trusted goal threat fit right now in Salah.

Having said that I would start with Diaz, Nunez and Salah as the front three against Fulham if all three are fit and ready come August 6th.

Diaz was patchy and unlucky in equal amounts for me in front of goal last season and I have a sneaky suspicion he will do a Suarez next season as in miss a lot of chances in his first half season and then up his goals/assists per game ratio in his first full season.

Nunez I think will be good for us this season and would look to get him scoring in competitive games as early in the season as we can. A couple weeks of his teammates getting used to his runs and him geting used to their passes and he should be hot to trot aganst Fulham............ especially with Barella or Nunes teeing him up.
Yeah tried & trusted. Bobby has played with the team for years & knows our style better than a new fella coming in. Agree about Diaz but again he was trusted by Klopp since he arrived so I canít see him not starting. Without Jota being available itís only a matter of Bobby or Nunez in the middle as far as I can see. The wingers pick themselves at this stage.
Old 16-07-22, 02:51 AM   #105
Harv
Randy Marsh

He's played just over a half of football

The state of football fans these days FFS.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-22, 03:20 AM   #106
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
He's played just over a half of football

The state of football fans these days FFS.
Yeah Iím not writing him off ffs , Iím not doing a Dan but to keep the media pressure off of him I think he should be eased into the side. Unless of course he starts scoring a shit load between now & the start of the season.
Old 16-07-22, 08:02 AM   #107
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

That sense of humour comment really triggered you didn't it

Regarding Nunez, it's just a matter of the team adapting to playing with a real number 9 and not someone who drops deep looking for the ball. Salah is used to little one twos, making runs in behind centrally whereas Nunez will be looking for a ball in behind and making those same runs. On the flip side Nunez has to adapt to how the lads play too and that might take a bit of time, he certainly won't figure that out in 60 mind of shit friendlies. The training ground will be where it's at and I have no doubts Klopp will be drilling him into how he wants him to play in our system.

He will and should start vs Fulham. This tried and trusted nonsense doesn't exist anymore. Mane is gone and Firmino has been off form for years. We've spent massive money on this guy for a reason, the more games he gets, the better understanding he will develop.

Diaz, Nunez, Salah with a bit work sounds amazing. Hopefully Nunez can hit the ground running so the media don't start piling the pressure on, Diaz also needs to work on his finishing too. If that front 3 clicks and I hope it does, they will be impossible to defend against.

Last edited by danperkins; 16-07-22 at 08:06 AM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-22, 08:32 AM   #108
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post

Regarding Nunez, it's just a matter of the team adapting to playing with a real number 9 and not someone who drops deep looking for the ball. Salah is used to little one twos, making runs in behind centrally whereas Nunez will be looking for a ball in behind and making those same runs. On the flip side Nunez has to adapt to how the lads play too and that might take a bit of time, he certainly won't figure that out in 60 mind of shit friendlies. The training ground will be where it's at and I have no doubts Klopp will be drilling him into how he wants him to play in our system.

He will and should start vs Fulham. This tried and trusted nonsense doesn't exist anymore. Mane is gone and Firmino has been off form for years. We've spent massive money on this guy for a reason, the more games he gets, the better understanding he will develop.

Diaz, Nunez, Salah with a bit work sounds amazing. Hopefully Nunez can hit the ground running so the media don't start piling the pressure on, Diaz also needs to work on his finishing too. If that front 3 clicks and I hope it does, they will be impossible to defend against.
Yep - play him when fit
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-22, 08:57 AM   #109
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post

Jurgen has a habit of protecting new signings from scrutiny until he thinks they are ready so time will tell if he thinks heís ready for the Fulham match. Bobby might not be scoring many goals but heís still integral to the way we play which is why I feel he will start. I also think Elliot might get the nod to start vs Fulham too.
Old 16-07-22, 09:32 AM   #110
danperkins

Quote:

Jurgen has a habit of protecting new signings from scrutiny until he thinks they are ready so time will tell if he thinks heís ready for the Fulham match. Bobby might not be scoring many goals but heís still integral to the way we play which is why I feel he will start. I also think Elliot might get the nod to start vs Fulham too.
Defenders yes but not forwards he throws them straight in
Old 16-07-22, 09:33 AM   #111
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Yep - play him when fit
Absolutely. There would be more questions asked if he was on the bench for the Fulham game.
Old 16-07-22, 10:11 AM   #112
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:

Jurgen has a habit of protecting new signings from scrutiny until he thinks they are ready so time will tell if he thinks he’s ready for the Fulham match. Bobby might not be scoring many goals but he’s still integral to the way we play which is why I feel he will start. I also think Elliot might get the nod to start vs Fulham too.

Think the only big money signing he did that with really was Fabinho.

Alisson, Mane, Salah, VVD, Diaz and Keita all went into the first team pretty much straight away.

I reckon Nunez will be the same come August 6th.

The only scrutiny Nunez is under is from sad sacks on forums and social media who think an hour of pre season means something.

Come the winter break we will have a better idea of what Nunez in a Liverpool shirt is all about and even then he will still be very much in the early stages of his Liverpool career.
Old 16-07-22, 12:45 PM   #113
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Think the only big money signing he did that with really was Fabinho.

Alisson, Mane, Salah, VVD, Diaz and Keita all went into the first team pretty much straight away.

I reckon Nunez will be the same come August 6th.

The only scrutiny Nunez is under is from sad sacks on forums and social media who think an hour of pre season means something.

Come the winter break we will have a better idea of what Nunez in a Liverpool shirt is all about and even then he will still be very much in the early stages of his Liverpool career.
Ouch , donít hold back mate hey

sad sack indeed
Old 16-07-22, 01:03 PM   #114
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Ouch , don’t hold back mate hey

sad sack indeed

Was not aimed directly at anyone on here, but you look on social media and a few other "fan" sites and there were plenty of Liverpool "supporters" slagging Nunez off after the Manc game and again after the Palace game.

Most likely saggy arsed fucks who have never played a sport in their lives but are experts on a player after watching him for mere minutes.

Not read the pre season match threads here but don't think we have anyone here that would be writing Nunez off already.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 16-07-22 at 01:07 PM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-22, 01:08 PM   #115
SB
Paisley

No I’m certainly not writing him off either but the longer he goes without a goal the more the media will put pressure on him. He might be better off out of the spot light is what I’m thinking.
Old 16-07-22, 01:30 PM   #116
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
No Iím certainly not writing him off either but the longer he goes without a goal the more the media will put pressure on him. He might be better off out of the spot light is what Iím thinking.

How can a professional footballer be taken out of the spotlight? He can certainly avoid social media for sure, and that would surely help.
Old 16-07-22, 01:33 PM   #117
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
No I’m certainly not writing him off either but the longer he goes without a goal the more the media will put pressure on him. He might be better off out of the spot light is what I’m thinking.

It's pre season though. Who cares if he does not get goals in 30 minutes here and 30 minutes there.

Do we fret or even know how players do in each training session throughout a season or even give a toss? No so the pre season stuff carries the same weight of importance, or rather a lack of such for me.

What matters is them getting fit, match fit, and getting some sharpness and understanding built up.

Now if the time to fluff shots, misplace passes, be blowing out of their arses, and make mistakes. Screw being taken out of the "spotlight". What message would that send to the player if that happened?

Is no different to using sparring in boxing to find the kinks so you can iron them out and to establish patterns of movement.

What is even funnier about the comments about Nunez is that he did not play badly in either of his 30 or so minute run outs. He put himself about, he made a lot of runs that lost his marker and he looked to be in good physical condition.

He seems to drag left a lot when making runs, but he did the same against us in the CL and it gave our world class CBs a lot of problems. Plus if he drags left in competitive games it may force a CB to follow him and make room for Salah to nip into or he may go left and Diaz will cut into the space he left behind, Diaz and Nunez effectively swapping positions during some attacks.

The little I have seen of Nunez is quite exciting tbh. He reminds me more and more of a young Cavani albeit with a bit more pace and directness about him maybe.

Saggy arsed "supporters" can go comment on some other sport they never got off of their collective arses to play or even have a try at if all they want to do is knock a player before the player has even had a fair chance to show what he can or cannot do.
Old 16-07-22, 01:53 PM   #118
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
How can a professional footballer be taken out of the spotlight? He can certainly avoid social media for sure, and that would surely help.
Quote:
It's pre season though. Who cares if he does not get goals in 30 minutes here and 30 minutes there.

Do we fret or even know how players do in each training session throughout a season or even give a toss? No so the pre season stuff carries the same weight of importance, or rather a lack of such for me.

What matters is them getting fit, match fit, and getting some sharpness and understanding built up.

Now if the time to fluff shots, misplace passes, be blowing out of their arses, and make mistakes. Screw being taken out of the "spotlight". What message would that send to the player if that happened?

Is no different to using sparring in boxing to find the kinks so you can iron them out and to establish patterns of movement.

What is even funnier about the comments about Nunez is that he did not play badly in either of his 30 or so minute run outs. He put himself about, he made a lot of runs that lost his marker and he looked to be in good physical condition.

He seems to drag left a lot when making runs, but he did the same against us in the CL and it gave our world class CBs a lot of problems. Plus if he drags left in competitive games it may force a CB to follow him and make room for Salah to nip into or he may go left and Diaz will cut into the space he left behind, Diaz and Nunez effectively swapping positions during some attacks.

The little I have seen of Nunez is quite exciting tbh. He reminds me more and more of a young Cavani albeit with a bit more pace and directness about him maybe.

Saggy arsed "supporters" can go comment on some other sport they never got off of their collective arses to play or even have a try at if all they want to do is knock a player before the player has even had a fair chance to show what he can or cannot do.
You two have worn me out. I bow to your greater knowledge

the fuck I have , Iíve just had too many beers to give a fucjk lol
Old 16-07-22, 02:01 PM   #119
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
You two have worn me out. I bow to your greater knowledge

the fuck I have , Iíve just had too many beers to give a fucjk lol

Ahh white text. It's 2002 all over again.

Nothing to do with greater knowledge either though. Just a case of showing some patience and waiting for a player to have a fair crack at showing what he can do when it matters.
Old 16-07-22, 02:04 PM   #120
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I went to an euro women game yesterday and the atmosphere at the stadium was way more inclusive than on the menís game. You wonít see a fan abusing a player there, itís way more enjoyable than the shit toxic culture in menís football.

Carry on drinking SB.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC