It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-22, 10:02 AM   #1
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Fulham away thread

Been waiting for someone to start one so Iíll set the bar really low so I donít have to do it again lol.


1230 Kick off at Craven Cottage.

My prediction for the first line up for the season is


Adrian

TAA Matip Virg Robbo

Hendo Fabinho Thiago

Salah Bobby Diaz


No surprises in that lot except some will want Nunez over Bobby no doubt & I can see their reasoning but Iíd still prefer to bring him on against tired legs to take the spot light off him.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 04-08-22, 10:16 AM   #2
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Been waiting for someone to start one so Iíll set the bar really low so I donít have to do it again lol.


1230 Kick off at Craven Cottage.

My prediction for the first line up for the season is


Adrian

TAA Matip Virg Robbo

Hendo Fabinho Thiago

Salah Bobby Diaz


No surprises in that lot except some will want Nunez over Bobby no doubt & I can see their reasoning but Iíd still prefer to bring him on against tired legs to take the spot light off him.

Think if Alisson is in full training then he starts. No benefit in not starting him as it would just mean him going longer and longer without a match and then we would be onto games like those against Chelsea and Everton.


Darwin I think will start as well. Five goals in preseason has taken the "will he score" spotlight off of him. Sooner have him getting used to the PL against teams we should be dispatching and letting him get match sharp against those team, than keeping him on the bench for a while and trying to bring him in for the tougher games.


We surely have to be expecting a Salah goal to be nailed on as well. Given he has scored in the opening fixture in each of the past five seasons.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 10:32 AM   #3
Sus
Fagan
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,070
Excellent work, SB

I'm ready to be hurt again - looking forward to this one.

Not sure what to expect from Fulham, but for all their attacking prowess in the Championship, they surely will not go toe to toe with us, even at home

Biggest threat might be Wilson's dead ball ability, given he provided 10 assists for Mitrovic last season
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 10:35 AM   #4
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,114
Harry Wilson is out for month or 2 with a knee injury.
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 10:58 AM   #5
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,119
I'm at a comic-con so having to record it and watch back later in the afternoon.
__________________
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:16 AM   #6
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite
 
Pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,891
There is a big gap after this game (I know we have another friendly inbetween) so I think he'll go with Adrian and give Alisson more time to be ready for the Palace game.

As for Nunez, I think the sensible move is still to ease him in from the bench personally.

I expect the same XI as against City.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:16 AM   #7
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Think if Alisson is in full training then he starts. No benefit in not starting him as it would just mean him going longer and longer without a match and then we would be onto games like those against Chelsea and Everton.


Darwin I think will start as well. Five goals in preseason has taken the "will he score" spotlight off of him. Sooner have him getting used to the PL against teams we should be dispatching and letting him get match sharp against those team, than keeping him on the bench for a while and trying to bring him in for the tougher games.


We surely have to be expecting a Salah goal to be nailed on as well. Given he has scored in the opening fixture in each of the past five seasons.
Ali? I havenít even considered him starting. Letís have a show of faith in Adrian for this one. Heís done ok in PS & deserves a start. Not sure if Bobby or Nunez starts but we donít have long to wait now. Just about 50 hours in fact.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:17 AM   #8
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Excellent work, SB

I'm ready to be hurt again - looking forward to this one.

Not sure what to expect from Fulham, but for all their attacking prowess in the Championship, they surely will not go toe to toe with us, even at home

Biggest threat might be Wilson's dead ball ability, given he provided 10 assists for Mitrovic last season
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:18 AM   #9
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
There is a big gap after this game (I know we have another friendly inbetween) so I think he'll go with Adrian and give Alisson more time to be ready for the Palace game.

As for Nunez, I think the sensible move is still to ease him in from the bench personally.

I expect the same XI as against City.
The voice of reason
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:20 AM   #10
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Ali? I haven’t even considered him starting. Let’s have a show of faith in Adrian for this one. He’s done ok in PS & deserves a start. Not sure if Bobby or Nunez starts but we don’t have long to wait now. Just about 50 hours in fact.

Thing is we have no friendlies to use to get Alisson up to match sharpness. So once he is fully fit I would be starting him.

Sooner him having to shake off rust against the likes of Fulham than Chelsea etc.

Having said that, regardless of what keeper starts, we should be putting Fulham away.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:20 AM   #11
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 12,100
Ali will surely start - if fit he needs games
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:21 AM   #12
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,114
Klopp said Alisson is ‘definitely available’ for Fulham, so it’d be a bit of a concern if he didn’t start now.
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:22 AM   #13
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133,771
__________________
Thanks very much for being ĎThis Morningsí Farmerí
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:23 AM   #14
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Excellent work, SB

I'm ready to be hurt again - looking forward to this one.

Not sure what to expect from Fulham, but for all their attacking prowess in the Championship, they surely will not go toe to toe with us, even at home

Biggest threat might be Wilson's dead ball ability, given he provided 10 assists for Mitrovic last season

Their defence was very so so last season and they lost 10 games in the league last season.

They go toe to toe with a team like us and they would get murdered. They try to shut up shop and you would still expect us to score a few goals.

Anything other than a win for us would be a massive shock tbh.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:25 AM   #15
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Don’t we have a friendly organised after this one? Sounds weird but I’m sure I read that somewhere? Play Ali in that then to get the rust out
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:28 AM   #16
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

He was on crutches with a plastic support on one foot when the cameras showed him leaving the ground after the community shield.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:28 AM   #17
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Donít we have a friendly organised after this one? Sounds weird but Iím sure I read that somewhere? Play Ali in that then to get the rust out
Yeah itís the day after. If heís fit, play him in this one?
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:30 AM   #18
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Donít we have a friendly organised after this one? Sounds weird but Iím sure I read that somewhere? Play Ali in that then to get the rust out

For me if he is fully fit, he starts. A 75% sharp Alisson is still better than most keepers in the world.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:33 AM   #19
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Yeah itís the day after. If heís fit, play him in this one?
Iím glad I didnít imagine it. Against who?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
For me if he is fully fit, he starts. A 75% sharp Alisson is still better than most keepers in the world.
True but might be better to give Adrian a carrot?
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:36 AM   #20
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Iím glad I didnít imagine it. Against who?
Villa. It'll just be the squad players who didn't play against Fulham the day before. Same as City/Strasbourg last weekend.
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 04-08-22, 11:43 AM   #21
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Iím glad I didnít imagine it. Against who?




True but might be better to give Adrian a carrot?
Hope to fuck we dont play Adrian. He's a fuckin liability.

If ali has a heartbeat then for me he should play.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:43 AM   #22
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Villa. It'll just be the squad players who didn't play against Fulham the day before. Same as City/Strasbourg last weekend.
Yeah thatís good to give the others some minutes. We need to ensure thereís no injuries though as weíre getting a bit thin on the ground.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:44 AM   #23
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Hope to fuck we dont play Adrian. He's a fuckin liability.

If ali has a heartbeat then for me he should play.
Heís been ok & we shouldnít be letting Fulham in our half
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 11:57 AM   #24
The_weatherman
Smug
 
The_weatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
For me if he is fully fit, he starts. A 75% sharp Alisson is still better than most keepers in the world.
Definately
__________________
* The above is posted in my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 12:54 PM   #25
Mr Pink
Fagan
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
If ali has a heartbeat then for me he should play.
100%Ö and even if he doesnít, thereís still an argument that heíd do a better job than Adrian
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 01:47 PM   #26
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 52,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I'm at a comic-con so having to record it and watch back later in the afternoon.
I'm at a wedding FFS...

Last time I was at a wedding first day of the season, I remember it was Cisse's debt against Spurs I think. No idea if that is decent precedent, but I suspect not.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 02:13 PM   #27
wiw
Paisley
 
wiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 20,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I'm at a wedding FFS...

Last time I was at a wedding first day of the season, I remember it was Cisse's debt against Spurs I think. No idea if that is decent precedent, but I suspect not.
We won 2-1 didn't we? Wait, no...we drew 1-1. Thanks a lot Buzzo
__________________
Sack swinging like Dub-D40 on a door hinge
wiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 03:25 PM   #28
Sus
Fagan
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,070
I reckon Nunez will start, given 1) it's Fulham, what a great opporinity to bag your first PL goal/s, and 2) the gap to the next game
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 03:28 PM   #29
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133,771
I would go:

Ali

Trent
Matip
VvD
Robbo

Fabinho
Thiago
Carvalho

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Carvalho at his former club, let him loose! It'll surely be Henderson, but I'd love to see Fabio. I also reckon Klopp will start Bobby, and Nunez from the bench.
__________________
Thanks very much for being ĎThis Morningsí Farmerí
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 03:36 PM   #30
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 52,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
We won 2-1 didn't we? Wait, no...we drew 1-1. Thanks a lot Buzzo


So 1-1 with Nunez scoring nailed on.

A trip down memory lane for sure! We must have been shit back then, look how bad that Spurs team is.

EDIT. This team went on to win the CL right? Was this also Rafas first game?
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 04:00 PM   #31
Liverpool
Paisley
 
Liverpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I would go:

Carvalho at his former club, let him loose! It'll surely be Henderson, but I'd love to see Fabio. I also reckon Klopp will start Bobby, and Nunez from the bench.
I think we'll see Nunez, Carvalho, Elliott off the bench again.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 04:43 PM   #32
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I would go:

Ali

Trent
Matip
VvD
Robbo

Fabinho
Thiago
Carvalho

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Carvalho at his former club, let him loose! It'll surely be Henderson, but I'd love to see Fabio. I also reckon Klopp will start Bobby, and Nunez from the bench.


Agree with pretty much everything you say man. As always. You're my hero.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 04:44 PM   #33
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Heís been ok & we shouldnít be letting Fulham in our half
First game of the season and in front of their own fans...... Anything could happen here
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 05:45 PM   #34
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,114
Konate and Jones out.

__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 07:55 PM   #35
brightred
Befuddled
 
brightred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I'm at a wedding FFS...

Last time I was at a wedding first day of the season, I remember it was Cisse's debt against Spurs I think. No idea if that is decent precedent, but I suspect not.
The last time I was at a wedding first day of the season was my own wedding!

Middlesborough- 3 all draw. Ravenelli got a hat trick , the cunt.
__________________
I love Sarah
brightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 09:09 PM   #36
Cormack74
Shankly
 
Cormack74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,910
Who organises their wedding during the football season?
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 09:50 PM   #37
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I would go:

Ali

Trent
Matip
VvD
Robbo

Fabinho
Thiago
Carvalho

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Carvalho at his former club, let him loose! It'll surely be Henderson, but I'd love to see Fabio. I also reckon Klopp will start Bobby, and Nunez from the bench.


So who starts in the middle or are you changing formation?
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 09:52 PM   #38
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Who organises their wedding during the football season?
Utter madness. My guess is itís the wife to put down a marker. Get away while you still can would have been my advice.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 10:16 PM   #39
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post


Agree with pretty much everything you say man. As always. You're my hero.
__________________
Thanks very much for being ĎThis Morningsí Farmerí
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 10:17 PM   #40
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
[/B]

So who starts in the middle or are you changing formation?
I meant I think he'll start Bobby, with Nunez sub.
__________________
Thanks very much for being ĎThis Morningsí Farmerí
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.